FM08 - Official Leeds United Thread ''-15 and we'll still go up!''

bazblock

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Mike_UEA:

This is driving me mad. I have a huge database and I'm copying and pasting the players mentioned but 75% of the time no player comes up and in particular Aaritalo. Why is this?? icon_confused.gif

i only had english leagues loaded and with large database i could find him, try searching mika instead (his first name)

Originally posted by Mike_UEA:

This is driving me mad. I have a huge database and I'm copying and pasting the players mentioned but 75% of the time no player comes up and in particular Aaritalo. Why is this?? icon_confused.gif

You must be using the 8.0.1. patch. Mika was good only prior to the patch; even if u find him, dont buy him on 8.0.1

Two words... Bongan (sp?) Stancu

Hit 46 LEAGUE goals to get me from the Championship to Premier league. Also hit about 26 league goals getting from CC2 to CC1.

Partner him with the Romanian striker from Inverness and you have the fast (Stancu) with the furious (Nicalu (sp?).

With about 8 games to go of my 1st season I'm 5th.

My questions though to those of you who have achieved promotion are:

~ What were the board's expectations for you in your 1st season in the Championship?

~ Did they give you much money to improve the squad?

~ Would you have rather spent another season in League 1 in order to improve the squad before facing the challenge of the Championship?

Ta

Guest pezzanoodles

What tactic seems to work the best for Leeds overall?? I have what I believe to be a decent squad yet the only win I have had (not including friendlies) was beating Mansfield 3-0 in the cup. I lost my 1st game 2-0 at home to Crewe (Huntingdon s/o after a minute!) then was 2-0 up against Luton & then they equalised in the last min (2-2). Drew 0-0 away at the 2nd bottom side Cheltenham & then got my pants pulled down away to Sheff Wed in the cup & lost 4-1. I was looking forward to this Leeds challenge & now I'm getting hacked off

@ achilles elbow:

just finished 3 seasons with leeds. got two successive promotions with leeds and only just avoided relegation in the 3rd. it's definately more beneficial to go straight up as i believe the leeds team seems far superior to the other teams in league 1. u'll always have more to spend struggling in championsip than if u were winning in league 1.

for me, i didnt really spend much money while in league 1 and championship as it was hard to find players who could compete at premier league level. so, i mostly loaned in kid and fringe players from bigger teams and it worked fine.

Achilles

1. Their short term expectations where a decent finish. Long term was winning the Championship within 4 seasons.

2. Now in the second season, i have only been give an extra 3 million to improve the squad. I have shored up my defense and brought some youngsters in for the future.

3. No, because going up to the Championship meant my rep increased therefore allowing me to buy a better class of player. One month off the Jan transfer window and i am currently sitting in second 1 point behind reading who just tanked me 3-1 at their place icon_frown.gif

i have just played one of the craziest games i have ever played i was 5-0 down at half time !!!! i scored one just after the break they then went 6-1 up then i went and scored 3 goals and with 10 mins to go vould have got back in the game when i hit the post and that would have made it 6-5 but they went up the other bloody end and scored !!!!!

Originally posted by bazblock:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marchena:

I'm so bad ass lucky icon_biggrin.gif

lol wp </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unfortunately I lost both CHL Semi Final and the League in the last round.

I met Man City in the last round (They were 2nd I was 1st)

I just had to draw, but I lost 2-1 at home icon_frown.gif

At least I won the FA and League Cup.

Hey guys, currently in December in my second season.

1st season summary

League 1- Champions

League cup-4th round

FA cup-runners up

JPT-winners

Captain-Rene Mihelic

Vice Captain- Raymond Kalla

Transfers in

Spencer Prior-free

Steve marlet- free

Dado prso-free

Matt jansen-free

Ray parlour-free

Scott donnelly-free

Rene Mihelic-500k (absolute class)

Mikko Vilmunen-50k

Jukka Lehtovaara-20k

Jody Morris-free

Bill Tchato-free (amazing free kicks)

Riku riski-75k

Charles andre doudin-100k

Raymond kalla- free (absolute rock solid CB)

Kabamba Musasa-50k

Malcom Christie- free (god in league 1)

Mika aaritalo-250k (pre patch, so absolute king)

Matty Pattison-loan (newcastle parent club so had to take him)

Seyfo Soley-free (class DM)

Gabriel Torje-550k (good prospect)

Lauri Dalla Valle-30k

Carlos Saez-60k

Piotr Czaplinski-160k

Oscar minambres-free (good player for lague 1, former real madrid player)

Krisztian Lisztes-free

Gyorgy Korsos-free

Dorian Andronic-50k(very good player, must buy)

Lorenzo Amoruso-free (don't get him)

alex(vasco)-250k (touted next ronaldinhio)

Patrik Lomski-free

esmir sabic-26k

Mustapha Hadji-free

Ivan Mishev-20k

Valeri Mikenen-30k

Douglas rinaldi-500k

Cristian Diaz-free(works well alongside kalla)

total spent 2.7million, abit over the 1.7million transfer budget

Transfers out

Jonny howson-35k

Casper Ankergen-100k

Jermaine Beckford-80k

andy hughes-20k

robert Bayly-10k

Ray parlour-6k

Ben Parker-20k

tore andre flo-60k

Curtis weston-10k

Ian westlake-100k

sebastian carole-100k

Rui marques-100k

Tresor kandol-200k

David lucas-100k

Leon constantine-100k

shaun derry-250k

Alan thompson-425k

David prutton-100k

Jonathon douglas-70k

Lorenzo Amoruso-free(told you)

gavin rothery-5k

Kriszitan Lisztes-20k

Gyorgy Korsos-18k

Frazer richardson-120k

matt jansen-10k

Charles andre doudin-350k (i was reluctant but board accepted and he wanted to go)

Kabamba musasa-90k (was recommended by a friend, but i didn't like him so he got sold)

Jukka lehtovaara-loan

Oliver hotchkiss-loan

spencer prior-free (too slow)

dorian andronic-loan

scott donnelly-loan

sam tuttnott-free

charlie hutton-free

simon madden-free

total income- 2.5million, yay only spent 200k ineffect

Overall first season was a great success, if robbie keane was not at spurs then i may have won the FA cup, best result in this season was beating liverpool in the quarters on penos 3-2 icon_biggrin.gif

Second season so far.....

Championship-first

League cup-quater final (goin to play borough)

FA cup-3rd round (need to play a really easy game against arsenal icon_frown.gif)

Captain- Rene mihelic (still)

Vice captain-Pascal cygan (oh yesss)

Transfers in

david obua-free

maximiliano olivia-10k

Kalle makinen-3k

Nicola Donazzan-30k

Billy jones-free

herve bazile-free

Vito mannone-free

vedran vinko-45k

omar benzerga-free

andrei cordos-100k (worth every penny)

david karanka-free

salvatore maisello-free

issah eliakwu-free

kasper hamalainen-875k

aquino-825k

anton putilo-230k

alexander prent-free

john patricio cagua-free

takis fyssas -free (best signing by far)

pascal cygan-free

rudolph austin-95k

anton sosnin-650k

stephen carr-free

ryan harpur-free

anthony le tallec-free (absolute class)

Daniel de ridder-500k

edu moya-free (legendary right back a must for any championship team)

allan-950k (gremio)

geovanni (man city)-free (needed to be loaned out for work permit so i sold him as you will see)

lee carsley-free (waste of time)

michele rigione-1.6million

jimmy floyd hasselbaink-free

moustapha salifou-free

juninho (flamengo)-300k

nacer barazite-loan (a must in every team)

victor soto-free

robert trznadel-free

total spent 6.25 million, okay i went abit wild with my money but i'm preparing for the premiership.

Transfers out

christopher fisher-free

mustapha hadji-free

oliver hotchkiss-free

jason mycoe-free

scott gardener-free

tomi ameobi-free

jody morris-20k

steve marlet-250k

dado prso-1k

malcom christie-1million (could have got more because he was valued at 2.2million)

matt heath-325k

filipe da costa-250k

billy jones-free (yes it is the same one as i brought in, i made a mistake i thought it was the one who played for crewe last season)

bill tchato-100k

paul huntington- 1million (the last meber of the leeds team i started with)

dorian andronic-loan (at auxerre)

geovanni-1million (too old to loan out and wait for work permit so had to sell, a shame because i liked to have him in my squad)

douglas rinaldi-250k

John patricio cagua-loan

anton sosnin-loan

david karanka-250k

anton putilo-loan

oscar minambres-450k

jonny lund-loan

jimmy floyd hasselbaink-20k

lauri dalle valle-loan

piotr czaplinski-loan

total income-4.9 million, not bad.

As you can see i love my transfers and so far i'm doing okay but not ready for premiership yet, and i have some players coming in january and some of my current squad are leaving, still want to save up for banega who is still at Boca.

any suggestions or comments are much appreciated

Originally posted by Chewy2006:

astrial nice won for 1st season, what was ur first team, what tactics did u use etc?

first team was:

GK:Mikka Vilmunen

DR-Frazer richardson then Oscar minambres

DL-bill tchato

DC-Raymond kalla, cristian diaz or paul huntington

DMC-Seyfo soley

MC-rene mihleic and steve marlet/jody morris/alex (from jan onwards)

AML-aaritalo

AMR-steve marlet/gabriel torje

CF-malcom christie (mainly), also used doudin and musasa.

i used a 4-5-1, with arrows on the fullbacks going forward, and forward arrows on the MC's and arrows going towards the forward from the AML and AMR

Alright everybody. Im taking the plunge. Come on Leeds. Make Bremner happy!

Started by buying Pablo Piatti with 110k of the 1.7 million i got to spend, He rejected Real Betis, Zaragoza and Espanyol to come to Leeds.

I also signed Roy O'donovan on loan, I also got David Edgar and a much needed left back Michael Timlin. I also got Philip Ifil onloan to bolster my defence. Got Gareth O'connor for free from Burnley. Which i think is a great signing.

First Game:

At home to Oldham, Thought this would be an easy win. Final score : 1-1.

I started well but Beckford and Kandol missed alot of opportunities. In the 50th minute Neil Kilkenny bagged a goal for the away side. With a weakened team I didn't want to make any subs because I only had youths on bench. In the 88th minute Ian Westlake smashed a left footer into the top corner. Oldhams Sean Gregan was sent off after fouling Roy O'donovan on the edge of the area, The freekick went miles over, Im sure if R O'D wasn't fouled he would of scored.

League CUp 1st round is rather annoyingly straight after your first league game. I had Crewe. Final Result : Crewe 1-2 Leeds Roy O donovan and Ian westlake turned it round for me after Lee Barnard scored for Crewe.

2nd League Game

Huddersfield at the Galpharm Stadium

Come On Leeds.

A bad start, I go 1 down in 13 minutes thanks to a Booth header. After 19 minutes Roy O'donovan equalises. He does it again, a cracker to put me 2-1 up and for my time to edge the match out. Great Win. -11.

Hi all icon_smile.gif. I've finished my first season with Leeds and I must say it was a quite flukey one. I signed a lot of players because that's the way I like to play and this worked very well in the league. We went the whole season in the league unbeated, although I'm sure the championship teams will be a huge step up and I am completely stumped who to sign. It got worse towards the end of the season, players getting tired, injuries, suspensions started getting 1-0 wins at home. I was getting ambitious and thought I could deliver a big trophy but we bowed out earlier in the League Cup and got completed dismantled and destroyed by Man Utd in the FA Cup (with Man Utd being rivals the fans were rather critical of that defeat).

It was a very good season anyway, winning by 33 clear points. A few good signings were Raymond Kalla, Antoni Pinilla (unfortunately in sharp decline), Winston Parks, Pablo Piatti and Altinier scored a few goals. I signed Gyorgy Korsos too and Roberto Cuevas.

I could probably do with improvements for the seconds season. Pinilla played in the AM (I play with two AM's) but has turned 37 and should probably get a new AM, if anybody has any recommendations I'd appreciate it.

just finished my first season and won the league, but it got a bit close towards the end. My first season signings were:

ze elias - free (had to offer everything to get him)

david thompson (same again)

anderson silva - everton £120k (everything again)

hobbs - loaned him first then brought for £600k after he said that he would like to make the move permanent

haynes - loan

almeyda - what a mistake

doudin

nathan dyer - loan

i also got rid of most of the rubbish in my squad and worked with a pretty small squad so i could make as much money as possible.

started my second season and im 7th after 7 games.

I sold huntington to birmingham for £2.1m - which i am now regretting as i havent got in a better replacement

also sold doudin to reading for £5.25m - which was a shame as he was starting to look good, but i have been able to use that money, and the money the board gave me to make a few decent signings-

le tellac - free

stephan wright - free

jonathan soriano - £275k - utter rubbish

taraabt - loan - so bad ive sent him back

i osbourne - loan - seems alright so far

peter ramage - free

lulinha - £3.3m - awesome so far

stancu - £1.3m - been good

skelbred (sp)- £500k not played yet

jonathon perreira - £2.2m fom villareal - greats stats and partner for stancu

peter mate - £375k - panic buy

Not a bad side so far but i definately need a couple of defenders as im having to use richardson at left back.

Got a bit of money to spend but no one decent wants to come to me.......ill have a look for january

Marchena, i know this is off forum, but man, what tactics are you using to get Leeds top of premier league !?!

Mate that is unbelievably awesome, top class. Don't suppose you fancy starting a tactic thread and uploading.

Back on topic, first thing i did was request a parent club, i typically get the choise between Liverpool, tottenham & Arsenal...Clearly i choose Arsenal....1st season in league one i've got Traore & Hoyte on loan...

Originally posted by macca72:

Marchena, i know this is off forum, but man, what tactics are you using to get Leeds top of premier league !?!

Mate that is unbelievably awesome, top class. Don't suppose you fancy starting a tactic thread and uploading.

My tactics aren't as good as my players.

I've used a lot of time to send scouts out and find the best youngsters.

The tactic is a flat 4-4-2 with arrows on the MR and ML.

One of the MC takes the of the defense while the other is more creative (usually a good a ACM)

I only use fast players in the attack in order to use deadly counter attacks.

Doing well in the championship, after 16 games im 4th. Stancu & jonathon perraira are forming an awesome strike partnership, and peter mate has been great at the back for me. Also got harry kewell on a free afetr liverpool released him, had to pay £20.5k a week to get him, but him and le tellac are the wings are creating and scoring loads of goals, but im conceding a few too. In jan ill look for a new keeper and Dc, any recommendations for second season?

won the league first season by one point, got pushed right to the end after a great start but had a pretty poor run near christmas. Play 442 with focus passing wide down both flanks, rare time wasting, quick tempo and direct. Working alright so far. I looked at piatti but i decided to get lulinha instead, whos been alright so far, but not great. i cant find aaritalo on the database, im using medium with players loaded from argentina, brazil, eng, italy, france, germany, holland, spain, portugal & scotland. Im playing the game on my work computer and that aint too great so if i use a huge database its a bit slow after about 10 seasons.

i got in haynes and played him alongside beckford, and they were pretty lethal together, doudin was great for the money i paid, and got a good profit off him when i sold him. try and get thompson and ze elias, they dominated games for me, but they did have high wages and i had to offload some fringe players to keep the wages down.

Just starting my 3rd season with Leeds.

got promo in in my 1st, and finished 15th in the championship. it was a really tricky season last year, but ive got a really young team... so i'm hoping for more this year.

my star performers: Adrian Pit 60k now worth 2.4m

Daniliho (sp) made a bit of a aarse of this one, and popped a load of money on him after he plays a certain amount of games and goals.

leto (sp) loan left sided mid from l'pool

Tommy Spurr and christian sarghi have been great.

l'pool are sniffing about daniliho so i think i may be forced to sell or else i could just take the monetary hit and see how i do icon_biggrin.gif

great game so far, hard, really hard, but there has been little bits of joy

Originally posted by Zellix:

Hi all icon_smile.gif. I've finished my first season with Leeds and I must say it was a quite flukey one. I signed a lot of players because that's the way I like to play and this worked very well in the league. We went the whole season in the league unbeated, although I'm sure the championship teams will be a huge step up and I am completely stumped who to sign. It got worse towards the end of the season, players getting tired, injuries, suspensions started getting 1-0 wins at home. I was getting ambitious and thought I could deliver a big trophy but we bowed out earlier in the League Cup and got completed dismantled and destroyed by Man Utd in the FA Cup (with Man Utd being rivals the fans were rather critical of that defeat).

It was a very good season anyway, winning by 33 clear points. A few good signings were Raymond Kalla, Antoni Pinilla (unfortunately in sharp decline), Winston Parks, Pablo Piatti and Altinier scored a few goals. I signed Gyorgy Korsos too and Roberto Cuevas.

I could probably do with improvements for the seconds season. Pinilla played in the AM (I play with two AM's) but has turned 37 and should probably get a new AM, if anybody has any recommendations I'd appreciate it.

for AMC i recommend kasper hamalainen. been in fine form for me so far in the championship, or even alex (plays for vasco in first season)

carlleeds999, le tallec is a god in the championship

yeah him and kewell on the wings are causing problems for the opposition. i havent lost a game yet when both of them have played together.

id also recommend looking at jonathon perreira from villareal, great stats and a good goalscorer especially for the championship. i dont know if he has a random pa but he is a similar type of players to henry, but obviously not as good.

Originally posted by astrialthemighty:

for AMC i recommend kasper hamalainen. been in fine form for me so far in the championship, or even alex (plays for vasco in first season)

Cheers for the recommendations! What patch are you playing with? I can't find Hamalainen on mine. Alex looks like he has a lot of potential on mine but he looks really poor atm icon_frown.gif

Originally posted by Zellix:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by astrialthemighty:

Cheers for the recommendations! What patch are you playing with? I can't find Hamalainen on mine. Alex looks like he has a lot of potential on mine but he looks really poor atm icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i'm playing 8.0 version and he is at turun pallosera (same club as aaritalo at the start). Alex does grow into a class player after 1 or 2 seasons. yeah, macca72 has got it right with torje. another recommendation is rene mihelic, can play left mid or central mid and is amazing!!

Originally posted by carlleeds999:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">carlleeds999, le tallec is a god in the championship

yeah him and kewell on the wings are causing problems for the opposition. i havent lost a game yet when both of them have played together.

id also recommend looking at jonathon perreira from villareal, great stats and a good goalscorer especially for the championship. i dont know if he has a random pa but he is a similar type of players to henry, but obviously not as good. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i tried to get him but they wanted 14million for him icon_frown.gif

Archived