bazblock

Must Buy For Leeds

Bogdan Stancu FC 150k

Gabriel Torje AMR/ST 190k

Rene Mihelic AMLC 275k

Pablo Piatti AMC 100k

Diego Buonanotte AMC 45k

Ronald Raldes DRC 110k

Have to rotate Diego and piatti to make both happy as i use one AMC. Can try put diego in ST position as his finishing is great. Stats Awesome.

Torje and Mihelic must be bought fast as there are alot of other top teams fighting for them.

Normally i give them Key player contract with almost double the wages they ask for.

As for raldes, if u lucky, u can get him to your team. watch out for san lorenzo. the club will always fight for this player.

I will retrain Filipe De Costa into MR so he can play MRLC as a backup for midfield. normally i will use him as replacement for torje or mihelic if either was injured or banned.

Bogdan Stancu become 1st choice ST on the left side to pair with beckford or Doudin.

http://img123.imageshack.us/img123/572/leedsunitedleedstacticsnj5.th.png]Leeds Tactic

As you can see from screenshot, i use Flora2 tactic with some ammendment. The right striker will change to AMC with forward arrow instead of ST with barrow arrow. But i will still use striker in that position. A Fast striker which Beckford fit it. Doudin play there well also.

I also remove the forward runs from DMC to prevent leaking more goals.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leeds was awesome to play as in FM07, so I decided to give it a go in FM08 as well. Big challenge, and still fun as hell!

Here's the players I've bought/loaned:

Scotto di Lucio, D LC (Tivoli)

Lauri Dalla Valle, AMC/FC (Jippo) youth team player

Kieron Parsons, DC (Stoke) youth team player

Bogdan Stancu, ST (Unirea)

Danny Rose, ML (Tottenham, loan) not too good in this game

Pablo Piatti, AMC (Estudiantes)

Mark Little, D RC (Wolves, loan)

Christian Jidayi, SW, DRLC, DM (Cesena) good all-rounder

Preston Edwards, GK (Millwall)

Scott Donnely, M RC (no club)

Rowin van Zaanen, DM, AMC (Volendam)

Luca Santonocito, DL/ML (Celtic, loan)

Dimitriu Copil, AM RC (Hearts, loan)

Only four players out:

Alan Martin

Ian Westlake

Tresor Kandol

Jonny Lund

Nobody wants to buy my players, not even for practically nothing! Oh well...

Starting XI in a 442 diamond formation:

GK: Ankergren

DR: Mark Little

DL: Santonocito

DC: Huntington

DC: Rui Marques

DM: Zaanen (also my playmaker)

AMC: Piatti (tagged free role)

MR: Copil

ML: Da Costa

ST: Beckford

ST: Stancu

This team is working very well indeed. Not winning every game, but the last 5 matches go like DWDWW. I've scored 32 goals and conceded 19 in the league, so I've got a little bit to work on defensively next season. Think I need some better central defenders really, quicker and more aggressive ones.

Things are looking good; currently 4th in the Premiership and a lot of pre-contracts deals has been arranged.

Breno, Lulinha, Ashley Young, James Vaughan and Curtis Davies are all joining this summer, and things are really looking great for the future icon_cool.gif

On the backside, my chairman accepted a 7.25 mio offer for Batuhan from Real Madrid. Batuhan has been great so I'm a little dissapointed he's lost.

On the other hand, I got him on a free and he's only been at Leeds for half a season, so 7.25 is a nice profit.

I am surprised at the lack of love for Alan Martin, he was my number 1 keeper from day one almost and played every game until we got to the Premiership

End of season 4 - "We're finally back in Europe!"

What a great season - it went above all expectations which were a safe mid-table finish.

The start was horrifying, though, with 4 defeats in a row, a draw against Aston Villa and another defeat before things started to lighten up - and boy did they lighten: from then I went on an 29 games unbeaten run in the leage from the 22nd of september till the 22nd of april next year, when Liverpool killed out title dreams with a 1-0 win.

Final table at the end of the season, and we're back in the Champions Cup:

leaguetableuv5.th.jpg

The League Cup and the F.A. Cup on the other hand didn't go that well. I was knocked out of the Leage Cup in the 4th and the F.A. Cup in the 6th round.

I wasn't to downhearted about this though, as my mainpriority was the Premiership.

Andres Guardado was my best player with 15 goals and 16 assists in games.

Runner up for "my best player" award must be Akinfeev who kept 10 clean sheets in 21 games. 3rd comes Pablo Piatti who came back from an injury and scored 8 goals and made 6 assists in 19(4) games.

I was in dire need of a great goalscorer, though. Batuhan was great, but was sold in the january window (but hey, I made a 7.25 mio profit in 6 months!) from where on Aaron took over, and he finished the season with 17 goals in 33(5) matches. Not bad, but not excellent either.

Start of transfer window

I knew it would be hard to keep hold of my players, and boy was I right.

During the season I made pre-contract deals with Lulinha, Breno, Miguel, Ashley Young, Curtis Davies and James Vaughan who all joined this summer, and they made it possible for other who wanted to leave to do so.

Asulin almost left as my stupid chairman accepted a 9 mio offer for him (I was offered 11 mio + Marcelo from Real Madrid but he didn't accept that!?) but I managed to get him to sign a new contract with Leeds instead - he isn't going anywhere!

Crosas was great too, but 20 mio upfront was more than my chairman could handle. And to be fair to him for once, I'd probably have accepted it too as it was just too good an offer.

The only spot really needed reinforcements was the LB spot, which I'm quite sure the signing of Traoré will make up for.

Anyway, no more talk, here's my transfers in and out:

leedstransvr3.th.jpg

And without anymore details I present to you my team as per 27th of july 2011:

leedsta7.th.jpg

Enough talk for now, I'm off to play some games icon_cool.gif

Champions Cup is finally a reality after a 4-1 aggregate win against Ajax in the 3rd qualifying round icon_cool.gif

Been drawn with Roma, Rangers and Besiktas. Actually a pretty neat group from which it'll be dissapointing if I don't qualify for the knock-out stages.

League's looking good too with 2 wins, 7-1 against Blackburn and 1-0 against Watford, and 1 unlucky draw against West Ham.

I've bought a bunch of regens too, to start building for the future. My CL-registered team is a bit thin as I must have 4 homegrown players and to be fair I don't even have a homegrown player of League One level let alone Champions Cup level icon_biggrin.gif

Things are looking better here though, as I've got two promising regen through my ranks now; Richard Fow - a right back and Allan Cooper a left wing.

Man I'n glad I'm back to my Leeds save. It's great! icon_biggrin.gif

Want to reiterate again.. anyone starting the first season should snap up Ignacio Gonzalez on a Bosman immediately! He is class!!

Also.. get Kostadinov from Hearts for 70k.. shreds defenders for pace everytime!

Marius Niculae is also quality, got him for £275k when I got promoted at the end of the first season.. he's a good replacement for Aaritalo, who I sold to wigan for £9.5m + 45% sell on.

T.V.

It's january, and Leeds are currently in a little dissapointing 7th position 12 points off 1st place, but with 3 games in hand - and with 9 points in those 3 games, we'll be 3rd.

My two currently most promising regens:

Steve Hooper. Very Fabregas-like I thingk. Has the potential to be better than Michael Johnson!

hooperpy5.th.jpg

Andreas "The Hammer!" Hammar. He reminds me alot of another swedish striker... Hmm... icon_wink.gif

hammarkl0.th.jpg

Approaching the end of season, 6 points behind league leaders Newcastle but with 2 games in hand.

Unfortunately I was knocked out of the F.A. Cup in the semis after a 0-1 defeat against Portsmouth.

The Champions Cup however, is another story.

Finished 1st in the group stage, knocked out Lazio in the 1st knockout round, Roma in the quater-finals and then Milan in the semis, which means I'm in the Champions Cup finals against Juventus icon_cool.gif

Get it! League title secured icon_cool.gif

leedspremqu1.th.jpg

Aaron named 3rd in English Footballer of the Year award.

Guardado win the English Players' Player of the Year award, with Lulinha coming second.

I won the Manager of the Year award, and Aaron, Guardado, Ashley Young and Lulinha were named in the Team of the Year. icon_biggrin.gif

Now off to demolish Juventus icon_cool.gif

just finished my second second and won promotion, via the play offs, beating west brom 3-0 in the final.

The board have given me £16m to spend with a wage budget of £250k a week. it currently stands at £170 a week, and this includes all the pay rises for getting promoted. I chose the option to avoid relegation as i feel my squad isnt going to get a mid table finish yet. ive got a very small squad which i used to get get me as i tried to keep my wages down so i could save more money, but in the bank i only have £8m after heavy spending halfway through last season, and i also used the 24 month option so that'll be still coming out so i could afford banega £6.5m & saivet £6m ( a bit pricey but 9 goals in 11 games towards the end of the season).

current line up -

gk - ankergren, preston edwards (£100k first season)

dr - s wright |(free)

dl - i use f richardson, b parker

cb - peter mate (bargain £375k last year)

cb - Hobbs (£600K first season) ramage - free

mr - le tallec (free)

ml - Kewell (free but high wages) da costa

mc - bangega (£6.5m 24 months)skiljbred (£600k)

mc - merida (£1.4m) Lulinha (£3.3m)

st - b stancu (£1.3m)Saivet (£6m 24 months)

st - J pereirra (£2.m villareal) beckford

then back up was - douglas, ze elias, cathcart (loan)

i used a very small squad and luckily i didnt hardly get any injuries.

To afford the higher fees i sold off all the other players i could and made over £5m on doudin, who i didnt want to lose, but it was money i could refuse.

I scored the second highest amount of goals in the league last year with 90 (reading 115 were top) but conceded 58! which was the highest amount out of the top 15 teams.

So with the £16m ive got im looking for a new gk, dl, dc mainly, then any bargains i can pick up on a free or transfer listed bargains.

Who would you recommend for those positions for my first year in prem?

I would like breno for dc, but will be too costly.

Congratulations on your promotion, and may I add that I think you have a very interesting squad.

Preston Edwards is a great buy. I used him as my firstchoice goalkeeper in my Man Utd save.

Generally a great young squad with Edwards, Hobbs, Banega, Skjelbred, Saivet, Lulinha and Merida.

Saivet has just been sold to Barcelona for 33 mio on my game, so he's no doubt a great buy even though he was quite expensive.

I've never used Banega myself, but he must be good, seeing al those people on these forums raving about him icon_smile.gif

You could probably do with some strenghtening in your defence, though.

Good luck in the Premiership icon_wink.gif

End of season 5 - "We're the best team in England ...and in Europe!"

What a sensational season.

We won the league on the last day, after a 2-0 victory against Aston Villa. I didn't realy expect to win - my goal was european qualification once again as I didn't think we had enough debth in the squad to really compete for the league title.

Final league table:

leedspremdv1.th.jpg

The F.A. Cup went well too, but an unlucky defeat against Portsmouth in the semis destroyed my dreams of another title:

faleedsej4.th.jpg

Then the Champions Cup. My expectations after seeing the group consisting of Roma, Rangers and Besiktas, was to qualify for the 1st knockout round.

We did, after finishing first in the group which included a draw and a win against Roma, and then I knew we had a team able to compete with the topteams in Europe.

The first knockout round saw us drawing Lazio, from which we qualified for the quater-finals against Roma after a 6-5 aggregate victory.

Roma was send home to Italy with a 4-3 aggregate victory. The semis against Milan ran out in our favour too, with a 3-3 draw away and a 2-0 win at home.

Then the final against Juventus. It never really became exiting as we dominated from kickoff:

ccleedscb9.th.jpg

So, we're champions of Europe after knocking out 4 italian teams icon_cool.gif

Awards n' stuff...

English Players' Player of the Year:

1st: Andres Guardado

2nd: Lulinha

Manager of the Year:

1st: Me icon_biggrin.gif

English Footballer of the Year:

3rd: Aaron

No "world" or "european" awards for anyone, though icon_mad.gif

Leeds have now moved up as the 3rd richest club in the world (193 mio), and we're rated as the 46th best team.

Start of season 6

My wonderkid CB, Faraoni, didn't want to sign a new contract so he left on a free and joined Barcelona icon_frown.gif

Next, Arsenal made a 43.5 mio upfront bid for Aaron, which I just couldn't resists, as he wasn't even certain of a starting spot in my lineup.

So atleast a new CB and a new striker was needed. Bojan, labelled as a world-class striker, wasn't happy with his contract at Barcelona, so I jumped in and managed to secure him by triggering his min. fee release clause of 34.5 mio.

Then I was chasing this amazing CB regen I discovered while playing against Juventus, and in the end I managed to sign him for 22 mio.

Take a look:

hertlqo7.th.jpg

Final transfers in and out:

leedstrans6kn3.th.jpg

Couldn't resist signing Dos Santos - he and Bojan just belong together icon_wink.gif

And besides I knew I couldn't hold on to Merida, as a lot of clubs were interested, and he didn't play that many games for me.

I didn't plan to sell Piatti however, but a 19.25 mio bid for a player I paid 55k for, just couldn't be turned down!

This game is getting a bit weird to play, I must admit. There are so many amazing regens out there, that it's impossible to keep a hold on who the best players are.

And then the money issue. Almost every club seems to have a transferbudget of 50+ mio each season. It's quite fun watching players fly around from club to club each season icon_biggrin.gif

Anyway, the season has started great with 5 wins and 1 draw in the league.

In the Champions Cup, I've been drawn with Napoli, Werder Bremen and Steaua, which has resulted in a win against Napoli and a very dissapointing 0-0 draw against Bremen in a game where I had 20 shots on target.

Bojan has just been phenomenal so far and has scored atleast one goal in every match (exept the one against Bremen) and now has 13 goals in 10 matches.

Also Lulinha with 5 goals and 9 assists in 10 games are doing his job quite good icon_smile.gif

Well. This has developed into a monologue, so I might take a step back until some more activity is going on in here icon_smile.gif

Disaster

Can't get going at all! I was a machine on previous fm games but i cant play this one!

Top solve the LB problem i signed steven hamell (not sure on spelling) from southend. Costly at £800k but pretty solid.

Just me or are the following players garbage on the game?:

Thompson

Carole

Da Costa

KASPA? (WHATS WORLD COMING TO?)

HELP?

Congratulations on your promotion, and may I add that I think you have a very interesting squad.

Preston Edwards is a great buy. I used him as my firstchoice goalkeeper in my Man Utd save.

Generally a great young squad with Edwards, Hobbs, Banega, Skjelbred, Saivet, Lulinha and Merida.

Saivet has just been sold to Barcelona for 33 mio on my game, so he's no doubt a great buy even though he was quite expensive.

I've never used Banega myself, but he must be good, seeing al those people on these forums raving about him Smile

You could probably do with some strenghtening in your defence, though.

Good luck in the Premiership Wink

cheers. im gonna have to get in some defenders as my current ones arent great and in the prem will get slaughtered. i conceded loads in the championship, so the premiership id prob be looking at 3 figures. i will let you know my progress

Originally posted by Robbo4444:

Disaster

Can't get going at all! I was a machine on previous fm games but i cant play this one!

Top solve the LB problem i signed steven hamell (not sure on spelling) from southend. Costly at £800k but pretty solid.

Just me or are the following players garbage on the game?:

Thompson

Carole

Da Costa

KASPA? (WHATS WORLD COMING TO?)

HELP?

what databse are you using? pre patch or post patch? what is your squad? what tactic do you use? oh yes thompson,carole and kasper are bad but da costa is okay.

Originally posted by macca72:

NoZEE,

Top stuff mate, i am in my third season with a half decent team, but i think i'm going to struggle to stay up.

What tactic have you developed to bring sucess ! - Sounds like you have a cracker that suits us...Cheers

Thanks icon_smile.gif

Nice to finally get some feedback icon_smile.gif

I played a 4-4-2 for the first 3 seasons, but then I changed to a 4-2-3-1 - flat backline, 2 midfielders, a AMR, a AML, a AMC and a SC.

But then again, it depends who I'm playing. I might change to a 4-4-1-1 if playing a really strong team, and just have to defend.

And then I'm trying to develop a tactic to break down the opposition, when needing a goal.

I'm thinking either a 4-2-1-3 - 2 MC's, a AMC and 3 strikers, or a 3-4-3!

Cool,

Unfortunately i have become obsessed with tactics, i'm convinced that it's the only way to suceed in this game !!

Do you fancy posting your tactics in the tactics forum ? I'll certainly give it a try

Congrats on the CL by the way !!

just started another leeds game as when i made this thread my leeds game was on pre patch and now im on the update..

just wonderering if anything has changed? meaning who are the must buy players?

any possition would do but in need of LB/RB

cheers bazblock

hi i have had to start a new game as my save went missing and started well 2 promotions back to back and first season in prem finished 9th after a good performance half way through the season playing a 3-4-3 but then in second season i cant get any results what so ever just wondering if anybody can help me below is my team is any body has any tips for tactics for me to try heres my team

http://img507.imageshack.us/my.php?image=leeds11fw1.jpg

thx in adv

Originally posted by bjs15:

hi i have had to start a new game as my save went missing and started well 2 promotions back to back and first season in prem finished 9th after a good performance half way through the season playing a 3-4-3 but then in second season i cant get any results what so ever just wondering if anybody can help me below is my team is any body has any tips for tactics for me to try heres my team

http://img507.imageshack.us/my.php?image=leeds11fw1.jpg

thx in adv

i'm not sure if it works pre patch but post patch i having been playing stancu just behind a out and out striker and he has been scoring and assisting. here's my formation:

--------GK--------

----DL-CB-CB-DR---

-------CM--CM-----

AML----------AMR--

----AMC-----------

--------CF--------

Season 1:

Table

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b271/shikton/Leedsseason1.jpg

Team

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b271/shikton/team-1.jpg

Season 2:

Table

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b271/shikton/Leedsseason2.jpg

Team

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b271/shikton/Team2.jpg

I think I'm in dire need of a new defensive midfielder. My current ones have a tendency of losing the ball or just stopping all play regardless of their settings, and their work rate is too low. In addition to this I want a couple of new wingers, fast ones who can dribble really well. Maybe also another striker. Stancu is asking for a deal worth twice the ammount I'm allowed to pay him, but luckily he's on a contract that lasts 2 more years so I have time to either get those funds or replace him with someone better. But as you can see he's quite valubale at the moment, scoring goals like it's nothing.

Any ideas on who I should try to sign for my 3rd season, someone who will add to my chances of promotion?

Originally posted by shikky:

Season 1:

Table

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b271/shikton/Leedsseason1.jpg

Team

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b271/shikton/team-1.jpg

Season 2:

Table

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b271/shikton/Leedsseason2.jpg

Team

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b271/shikton/Team2.jpg

I think I'm in dire need of a new defensive midfielder. My current ones have a tendency of losing the ball or just stopping all play regardless of their settings, and their work rate is too low. In addition to this I want a couple of new wingers, fast ones who can dribble really well. Maybe also another striker. Stancu is asking for a deal worth twice the ammount I'm allowed to pay him, but luckily he's on a contract that lasts 2 more years so I have time to either get those funds or replace him with someone better. But as you can see he's quite valubale at the moment, scoring goals like it's nothing.

Any ideas on who I should try to sign for my 3rd season, someone who will add to my chances of promotion?

jordi lopez on a free, seyfo soley maybe banega if you have the money

Hi all, thought i would have a go at this "dirty leads lark"

End Of Season 1 results

1stseasonresultsfg6.th.jpg

Signings In And Out

signings1stseasonvt2.th.jpg

Best Player

dannyhaynesho3.th.jpg

Overall

Not a bad 1st season overall...had to do it through the play offs...

I played a 4-4-2 at home and a 4-5-1 away and it seemed to work well...

If anyone can tell me some good transfer targets for the 2nd season would be very grateful icon_biggrin.gif

Im Leeds just gone into December first season currently sitting 2nd behind Notts Forest.

Team Lineup:

Casper Ankergren

Marcus Williams

Paul Huntington

Paul Robinson

Frazer Richardson

Fillip Da Costa

Alan Thompson

David Prutton

Cleveland Taylor

Jermaine Beckford

Tresor Kandol

Subs:

Rui Marques

Ian Westlake

Jonathan Douglas

Seb Carole

Tore Andre Flo

Originally posted by OCDPOKER:

Hi all, thought i would have a go at this "dirty leads lark"

*snip*

Not a bad 1st season overall...had to do it through the play offs...

I played a 4-4-2 at home and a 4-5-1 away and it seemed to work well...

If anyone can tell me some good transfer targets for the 2nd season would be very grateful icon_biggrin.gif

Depends on which positions you feel you need strengthening...?

Get these guys if possible:

Preston Edwards

Elia Legati

Patrick van Aanholt

Joep van den Ouweland

Lauri Dalla Valle

Pablo Piatti

Bodgan Stancu

My first team lineup is (442 diamond):

GK: Preston Edwards

DR: Jonathan Martins Perreira

DL: Patrick van Aanholt

DM: Rowin van Zaanen

MR: Andrea Mariottini

ML: Joep van den Ouweland

AMC: Lauri Dalla Valle

FC: Bogdan Stancu

FC: Pablo Piatti

Bench:

Ankergren

Sarghi

Franchini

LuaLua

Delfouneso

I've switched over to a 433 tactic now.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b271/shikton/tact.jpg

I'd upload it if I knew where I could do that =P

The general idea is a short, quick passing style, closing down slider so it just passed the "Whole pitch" setting and defend "deep". At home I set my team to defensive and mix around the passing, at home I play normal and along the flanks.

Nobody are allowed to do long shots, except my striker (mixed) and two wingers (mixed/often). One of my wingers have a long shots stat of 19, so he's allowed to =) Other than that, mixed forward runs of full backs and DM, often by my MCs and wingers, mixed on my striker. Striker holds up the ball and has his "try through balls" set to mixed. I don't use a playmaker. I tick "counter attacks". Hmm...what else? Ask if you're wondering about anything. This one seems to be working quite well, taken 5 wins and a draw in the last 6 games. No big margin wins, but still wins.

I give up!!

I tried to many times to manage Leeds, but I am always sacked!

I have a fantastic tem with Piatti, Aaritalo, Kalla, Kronaveter, Pecnick, BrljackMihelic, and many more! But I only can performe as well as the lider of the League One... the problem is that I begin with -15... so not good enought

Originally posted by libidoluxuria_:

I give up!!

I tried to many times to manage Leeds, but I am always sacked!

I have a fantastic tem with Piatti, Aaritalo, Kalla, Kronaveter, Pecnick, BrljackMihelic, and many more! But I only can performe as well as the lider of the League One... the problem is that I begin with -15... so not good enought

with that squad how can you lose a single game!! that is basically my squad (post patch) and i have just been promoted in my 1st season and haven't lost a single game and in the semi's of the Fa cup!

Archived