FM08 - Official Leeds United Thread ''-15 and we'll still go up!''

bazblock

1st season and haven't lost a single game and in the semi's of the Fa cup!
with that squad how can you lose a single game!! that is basically my squad (post patch) and i have just been promoted in my 1st season and haven't lost a single game and in the semi's of the Fa cup!

I cant understand! I play pre-patch. I'm using a 4-4-2 diamond, in other attemps I tried a 4-2-3-1 tactic (the 2 are MC with back arrows; the three are eather AML, AMR AMC or tree AMC). I think I tried everithing!!!

What am I doing wrong?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GK - Brljack

DR - Neil Eardleu

DL - Dan Smith (in previous games had Joe mattock)

DC - Raymond Kalla

DC - Huntington

MR - Torje

ML - Filipe Costa/Mihelic

DMC - Pecnik

AMC - Piatti

ST - Stancu

ST - Volas/Malcolm Christie

Played 10, won 5 drawed 5. Scored an average of 1.8 goals a game, and conceded 0.9 golas a game. <b>This is my best game so far! In previous games I lost many games!</b>

Aaritalo - is injured for 3 months, would play in ST

Kronaveter - starts the game injured, is starting to play as AMC sub

Alan Thompson, Prutton and other are still in the team.

It was I that made the tatic and the individual instructions.

i was a fan of christie as on my pre patch game he scored 31 in one season for me, however i prefer stancu.

here is a link to a screen shot of my team and formation!

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii48/astrialbarrier1/tacticsandteam.jpg

normally i would use the following team:

GK: delgado

DR:bandalovski (vice captain)

DL:andrej pecnik (legend can be picked up for 45k and is class)

DC: Kalla and cordos/sarghi

DMC: soley till jan when i got silva

MC: was piatti and sjolund. but since jan cominges and kronaveter have taken over

AMR: grosicki or torje, was gusev at the start of the season but he was absolutely awful (still dunno how i got him icon_smile.gif)

AML:mihelic, sometimes da costa

FC-stancu always, 44 goals in 46 appearences for me, if he's not fit then doudin, parks or musasa get's a chance

astrialthemighty,

After my 5 failed attemps I will give it a final go, using your tatics. I really want to sucessed with Leeds!

Your tatic is very offensive, that makes sense because it is the best team in the League One.

I only play medium database and the only foreign leagues that I play is Italy Serie A and Spain Premier League, because my PC is not very fast. So I have less players avaiable.

One other ploblem is the wage budget that is too low! I offer Piatti and Aaritalo the maximum, so then I cant bring all the players!

Thanks!

Originally posted by libidoluxuria_:

astrialthemighty,

After my 5 failed attemps I will give it a final go, using your tatics. I really want to sucessed with Leeds!

Your tatic is very offensive, that makes sense because it is the best team in the League One.

I only play medium database and the only foreign leagues that I play is Italy Serie A and Spain Premier League, because my PC is not very fast. So I have less players avaiable.

One other ploblem is the wage budget that is too low! I offer Piatti and Aaritalo the maximum, so then I cant bring all the players!

Thanks!

some of these players can only be found on a large database, but pre patch at left back there is a brilliant gem called bill tchato and minambres is an adequate cover for bandalovski if you can't find him, however he is injured for 2 months at the start (i think)!, if you can't find grosicki, torje will do fine or even marlet

the team instructions and individual instructions however need tweaking to make this tactic work!

good luck!

Still in The Championship after using season 2 and 3 to establish my youngsters and to build a decent defense. That means I'm now in season 4, and I'm 2nd in the league at the moment. =)

I'm NOT satisfied though, but the average age of my team is 21, so unfortunately they're a bit unstable.

Originally posted by shikky:

Still in The Championship after using season 2 and 3 to establish my youngsters and to build a decent defense. That means I'm now in season 4, and I'm 2nd in the league at the moment. =)

I'm NOT satisfied though, but the average age of my team is 21, so unfortunately they're a bit unstable.

unlucky, in march of the first season, just won JPT and been promoted to championship and i play city in the fa cup semi final!

Originally posted by astrialthemighty:

unlucky, in march of the first season, just won JPT and been promoted to championship and i play city in the fa cup semi final!

Good job! I've tried to give my youngsters the chance in the cups. Focusing more on winning league games and giving the youngest youngsters match practice whenever I can. Seems like it's working. =)

Victor Moses has taken over for Stancu in the last few games, and he's scored quite a few. Key stats are:

Finishing 15

Composure 14

Strength 19!!!

Jumping 18

Stamina 16

Creativity 17

Flair 15

Off the ball 16

Teamwork 17

Work rate 15

Pace 12

Acceleration 13

So he makes for a good target man indeed. Holds up the ball a lot for the rest of my offensive players to run up there.

Passing 13

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by astrialthemighty:

Good job! I've tried to give my youngsters the chance in the cups. Focusing more on winning league games and giving the youngest youngsters match practice whenever I can. Seems like it's working. =)

Victor Moses has taken over for Stancu in the last few games, and he's scored quite a few. Key stats are:

Finishing 15

Composure 14

Strength 19!!!

Jumping 18

Stamina 16

Creativity 17

Flair 15

Off the ball 16

Teamwork 17

Work rate 15

Pace 12

Acceleration 13

So he makes for a good target man indeed. Holds up the ball a lot for the rest of my offensive players to run up there.

Passing 13 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i use fringe players against the teams in lower leagues than me for cups and try to phase in youngsters into the 1st squad by giving them the odd game here and there and also sending them out on loan! moses looks quite good!

I've got one who scouts in major tournaments with "judge player ability" of 19 who looks for cheap players that may immediately strengthen my team, and one with "judge player potential" who goes to various regions/countries to find great investments below age 18 I can snatch up and train =) That's how I've found pretty much all of my current players, and it seems to be working. Too bad my assistant manager has low stats in both of those things, and can't recognise neither ability or talent as good as my scouts. Tried to let him pick the team a few times, with bad luck.

I've got one who scouts in major tournaments with "judge player ability" of 19 who looks for cheap players that may immediately strengthen my team, and one with "judge player potential" who goes to various regions/countries to find great investments below age 18 I can snatch up and train =) That's how I've found pretty much all of my current players, and it seems to be working. Too bad my assistant manager has low stats in both of those things, and can't recognise neither ability or talent as good as my scouts. Tried to let him pick the team a few times, with bad luck.

why don't you have 2 scouts with JPA and JCA with 17 above to do the job, i remeber seeing a couple in the league 2 on mine

Originally posted by astrialthemighty:

why don't you have 2 scouts with JPA and JCA with 17 above to do the job, i remeber seeing a couple in the league 2 on mine

Couldn't get anyone that good when I was hiring =P Gonna get a couple of new ones once the contract of these suckers go out. By that time I can hopefully scout in more places too! =D

Great stuff astrialthemighty icon_wink.gif Congratulations bud, i keep my my fingers crossed for the final icon_wink.gif

Im gonna start long carrier with Leeds when i got back home from work. Wanting to build on young talents and watch their progress icon_wink.gif

What money i can get at the start ? What about the club's staff ? How's Ken Bates acting ?

I haven't had any problems with the chairman, he's been acting nicely. I asked for money in my second season, and he tossed me a handful and more. Not had as much luck with that as of lately, but it's not needed with my current squad either to be honest.

I highly recommend signing Stancu and Piatti from the get-go. Also loan a good right winger (or get Torje if you can sign him) and another central defender or two (Nordtveit from Arsenal for example) and you'll most certainly fight for promotion.

During my first season Piatti and Stancu scored pretty much almost all of my goals, with Beckford adding a huge ammount to the tally as well.

Originally posted by Loki20_PL:

Great stuff astrialthemighty icon_wink.gif Congratulations bud, i keep my my fingers crossed for the final icon_wink.gif

Im gonna start long carrier with Leeds when i got back home from work. Wanting to build on young talents and watch their progress icon_wink.gif

What money i can get at the start ? What about the club's staff ? How's Ken Bates acting ?

well pre patch they are okay but bates is really stingy. post patch however bates gave me an extra 2million in transfers which gave me a total of 4 million (not sure if he does for everyone)!!!! the staff is not bad but try and keep hold of harrison the scout.

highly recommend stancu, piatti, if you load all polish and bulgarian players get bandalovski and grosicki. all good class prospects that can rip up league 1

Hi guys,

I've started a new game. Used the 4-1-2-2-1 astrialthemighty tactic.

GK - Molina

DR - Eardley

DL - Mattock / Sepsi

DC - Kalla

DC - Hutington

DMC - Ian Gosling (Soley pick a 2 month injury)

MC - Mihelic

MC - Piatti

AMR - Aaritalo / Torje

AML - Filipe Costa

AC - Musasa / Stancu

Want to put Stancu in firts team but Musasa arrived first and is scoring for fun!

Also play in rotation with

- Prutton

- Alan Thompson

- Howson

- McGowan

- Andronovic

- Danny Haynes (on loan)

And loan out

- Esmir Sabic (CB)

- Lethovaara (GK)

- Kamenar (GK)

I brought in a lot of players (total: 33) I then sold, like Gargula (great MC) that I brough for 1.4 M €, and sold some weeks later for 10 M €... and many others! I spend to much money that the Board injected 5 M € in the club. Now Everything is ok,due to that many and to the sale of Gargula and others.

The results are coming:

League One: 4 games, 4 wins, scoreed 14, conceed 4

League Cup: 1 win, 1 loss (agains Sheff Wed, 1-0 had too many CB injured)

J. Paint Trophy: 1 win

Thank you all for the help. i'll keep posting.

Hi guys,

I've started a new game. Used the 4-1-2-2-1 astrialthemighty tactic.

GK - Molina

DR - Eardley

DL - Mattock / Sepsi

DC - Kalla

DC - Hutington

DMC - Ian Gosling (Soley pick a 2 month injury)

MC - Mihelic

MC - Piatti

AMR - Aaritalo / Torje

AML - Filipe Costa

AC - Musasa / Stancu

Want to put Stancu in firts team but Musasa arrived first and is scoring for fun!

Also play in rotation with

- Prutton

- Alan Thompson

- Howson

- McGowan

- Andronovic

- Danny Haynes (on loan)

And loan out

- Esmir Sabic (CB)

- Lethovaara (GK)

- Kamenar (GK)

I brought in a lot of players (total: 33) I then sold, like Gargula (great MC) that I brough for 1.4 M €, and sold some weeks later for 10 M €... and many others! I spend to much money that the Board injected 5 M € in the club. Now Everything is ok,due to that many and to the sale of Gargula and others.

The results are coming:

League One: 4 games, 4 wins, scoreed 14, conceed 4

League Cup: 1 win, 1 loss (agains Sheff Wed, 1-0 had too many CB injured)

J. Paint Trophy: 1 win

Thank you all for the help. i'll keep posting.

nice one libidoluxuria, sabic is good enough for 1st team!!

A good tip for anyone playing with Leeds: Pay CLOSE attention to the wage budget. If you exceed it, they'll fire you in a heartbeat. Not happened to me yet, but I suspect that's what happened to a lot of people who suffered that fate.

Other than that, good going libido icon_smile.gif

Started A Leeds game for the -15 points challenge.

Played it safe and said id get mid table.

Signings

I Got Liverpool as a Parent Club icon_biggrin.gif

Ins

Wallwork £140k

O'Hara Loan

Rui Fonte Loan

Charlie Adam Loan (****ing Quality)

Duran Loan

Joe Hart Loan

Mendieta

Outs

1st Team

GK Hart

LB Parker

CB Hutington

CB Sabic

RB Richardson

LW Adam

CM Wallwork

CM O'Hara

RW Mendieta

ST Rui Fonte

ST Flo

League 1 Results

Gillingham 0-1 Leeds

Currently 9 in League One (12 wins, 5 draws). Swansea is doing a great championship icon_frown.gif

But i'm posting to post a question: I play Piatti as MC, he is AMC and as nothing in MC. Should I retrain him to MC? By the way, he is my best scorer!

Thinking of selling kalla in January (I know I can get 3 M upfront for him but don't have a substitute as good)

Currently 9 in League One (12 wins, 5 draws). Swansea is doing a great championship icon_frown.gif

But i'm posting to post a question: I play Piatti as MC, he is AMC and as nothing in MC. Should I retrain him to MC? By the way, he is my best scorer!

Thinking of selling kalla in January (I know I can get 3 M upfront for him but don't have a substitute as good)

nah, amc and mc seem the same to me the only thin about piatti is he can play on the left wing too, purely because of his pace

Well, it happened again. The AI found a way around my tactic, and now all teams apply it. Struggling with creating something new now, and I think a slightly altered 4-4-1-1 formation will be my new thing. Let ya know how it works.

PS: Getting REALLY fed up with having 15+ clear chances on goal every match and NOT score.

Just finished another season. I'm now in 2021 and preparing to begin my 15th season with Leeds.

Last year I won the premiership for the 3rd time in a row: http://i9.tinypic.com/8f9yiig.png

In the CHL I lost to Barca in the semi-finals (who later lost to Chelsea in the final)

The best news came however a bit later. My Chairman Mr. Robbie Fowler is planning to expand the stadium (for the second time) by 14.000 seats making Elland Road gigantic icon_smile.gifhttp://i10.tinypic.com/87lzers.png

I did a Leeds save, first season got beat in playoff final by bloody Crewe, 2nd season went up as champions easily, next season in Championship just failed to make playoffs, season after went up as runners up to fukin Everton, how they got relegated I will never know!! Blackburn were in the Championship as well, first season in Prem finished 12th, survived fairly easily then I got ****ed off cos I had no money to improve so finished there.

Promotion!

Finally. Third time is a charm! And next year will be spent in the Premier League. Also got a new chairman, but he said he's not going to give me any money, so I might be forced to REALLY battle against relegation this year.

Wish me luck icon_smile.gif

By the looks of it I'll go straight down. Tried to strengthen my squad with some new defenders, but the ones who were better than my current ones were all too expensive. Got a couple though.

Players in:

Luca Santonocito, DL

Pape Diakathe, DC

Tom Taiwo, DM (free signing)

Eugene Shakov, ST

Right, 5 games into the new season and I'm disappointed with my results to be honest. Suffered heavy losses (1-5 and 1-4) in my first two matches, lost 1-2 in the next, then won two where 1 was in the cup against a sucky team. It's obvious I need quite a lot of new players.

Additionally the fans - who were all ZOMG THIS PWNZ when I signed him - think my signing of Diakathe was a bad move. Wtf?

Oh well, let's keep on going. Despite 3 losses and 1 win as of now in the league, I'm still 16th on the table, so I'm above the relegation line :p

Archived