right a couple of games into my second season now

season so far...

budget of 9.5million

average squad age of 21.

captain is mihelic

vice captain- ivan bandalovski

here's my transfers:

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii48/astrialbarrier1/season2transfers.jpg

oh aswell as these transfers, i have just managed to get ignacio camacho from atletico for 6.75million as banega keeps saying no, and camacho will be a good backup to thiago motta

here's my squad

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii48/astrialbarrier1/season2squad.jpg

as i said camacho is in the squad now icon_smile.gif

here's my results so far in the league

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii48/astrialbarrier1/season2sofar.jpg

aswell as these games i lost to chelsea in the community shield 1-0 icon_frown.gif

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by shikky:

Promotion!

Finally. Third time is a charm! And next year will be spent in the Premier League. Also got a new chairman, but he said he's not going to give me any money, so I might be forced to REALLY battle against relegation this year.

Wish me luck icon_smile.gif

Shikky

Is your new chairman anyone famous? Like Marchena had Robbie Fowler become his new chairman in his Leeds game??

T.V.

Originally posted by -TonyVain-:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by shikky:

Promotion!

Finally. Third time is a charm! And next year will be spent in the Premier League. Also got a new chairman, but he said he's not going to give me any money, so I might be forced to REALLY battle against relegation this year.

Shikky

Is your new chairman anyone famous? Like Marchena had Robbie Fowler become his new chairman in his Leeds game??

T.V. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah, my new chairman is Peter Lorimer. I think he was on the board from before.

Running update:

Games played: 12

Won: 2

Lost: 10

League position: 19th

Goals scored: 9

Conceded: 32

Everything points to me being relegated with flying colors, and I might even get sacked. The board is displeased with everything except the finances. Bah.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by -TonyVain-:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by shikky:

Promotion!

Shikky

T.V. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah, my new chairman is Peter Lorimer. I think he was on the board from before. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeh he is

Started my Leeds carrier and made few nice signings icon_wink.gif My starting XI is:

GK: Jourdren

RB: Arthur Sorin / McGregor

LB: Laszlo Sepsi / Franchini

CB: Samardzic

CB: Notari / Huntington

MC: Michael Woods / Pecnik

DMC: Ignacio Camacho (season loan from At. Madrid)

AMC: Piatti / Pecnik / Da Costa

AML: Adrian Hora / Da Costa

AMR: Torje / Hora

FC: Stancu / Doudin

Still trying to offload dead wood and reduce wage budget as im 3K over ;/

Well, my Leeds adventure finally came to an end. Got sacked after 23 matches in Leeds' first season in the Premier League. Just goes to show that I wasn't ready to play with the big boys just yet. Going to start a new save with Leeds now.

This time around I will try to consistently play with merely two tactics; an offensive 442 at home and a defensive 442 away. See how that works out.

Sorry to hear about your loss shikky icon_frown.gif

Im sure you'll achive great success on your new game though.

So far im doing great, won all 3 league games, scored 11 conceded 0. Defeated Morecombe in Carling and then won a battle at Craven Cottage with Fulham 5:6 lol

Stancu scored all 6 goals icon_smile.gif and Torje made 5 of them icon_biggrin.gif

Valiant effort shikky.. good luck in your new save - keep us updated!

I'm in my second second, coming up to the January transfer window and sitting 6th in the championship. Picked up Marius Niculae from some scottish club for £275k and his is banging them in :-)

T.V.

Finished first season!! icon_biggrin.gif

Won League One:League Table. I used the 4-1-2-2-1 sugested by astrialthemighty .

This is my team states (average classification, goals, assists, ...)

An this is team value

Already sold Kalla and Molina for a good price for that age! I think will try to sell the top assist Filipe Costa! Gustavo Poyet stats are now good for a assistant manager icon_smile.gif

Next season I'll try promotion to the Premiership! It will not be easy with Middlebrough (Defoe, Kevin Doyle, etc) will be also in the Championship. I hope they sell lots of their good players!

Originally posted by libidoluxuria_:

Finished first season!! icon_biggrin.gif

Won League One:League Table. I used the 4-1-2-2-1 sugested by astrialthemighty .

This is my team states (average classification, goals, assists, ...)

An this is team value

Already sold Kalla and Molina for a good price for that age! I think will try to sell the top assist Filipe Costa! Gustavo Poyet stats are now good for a assistant manager icon_smile.gif

Next season I'll try promotion to the Premiership! It will not be easy with Middlebrough (Defoe, Kevin Doyle, etc) will be also in the Championship. I hope they sell lots of their good players!

nice one libidoluxuria, i'm glad my tactic helped icon_smile.gif try gettin issah eliakwu and anthony le tallec for free!!! they are great in the championship

Good job, libido. Keep it going. icon_smile.gif I recommend staying in the Championship at least 2 years so you can improve your squad a lot before hitting the Premier League. I feel I rushed it on my previous save, and I spent 3 seasons there!

Currently tearing everyone up in the league, but when the AI wants you to lose then you lose:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b271/shikton/doomed.jpg

Anyway, here's my squad:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b271/shikton/currentsquad.jpg

Got some potential new signings incoming too, but they're all waiting for work permits. Crossing my fingers.

SI seriously need to get a patch out, if only a small one to fix all the horrible misses when strikers come one on one with the goalie. I have an average of 20 chances per game, where at least half are on goal, yet I only manage to score 1 goal per match and have to fight to hold on to that lead. Getting tiresome.

Originally posted by man united:

alrite everyone, happy new year. Just about to start a new leeds game. I only got the game for xmas and im not sure on who to sign in the lower divisions, anyone have any definate recommendations on who to sign...

andronic, kalla, stancu, doudin, pablo piatti, seyfo soley, rene mihelic and gabriel torje if you can. if you are playing pre patch mika aaritalo is a definate.

Hey guys, I just started a Leeds game.. Got most of the players astrial mentioned cept for stancu, kalla , piatti n aaritalo. Got haynes on loan. Won all 6 league games so far thus I have 3 pts icon_biggrin.gif.. Crowning moment was winning

7-0 at Milwall at the Den with Danny Haynes getting 4 goals. But I have lost seyfo, howson, casper ankergren, danny invincible, blazs dzudsazk, haynes, filipe de costa through broken legs etc etc for 6 months.. Bascially, half of my 1st team is decimated... icon_mad.gif Any help for replacement?? Got 2 million to spend after sales.. Defence is not a problem but its the midfield & strikers.. Doudin & matt jansen arent exactly going to cut it.. I'm also unable to loan anymore.This is with the patch.. Thanx guys!

Clean up your youth team. The only one I recommend holding on to from your U18s is Tom Elliott. Everyone else should be let go if they are paid any wages.

Other than that, offer people for free unless you desperately need the cash. icon_smile.gif

Stefan Connor from the U18's is worth holding on to, went to my school so i had a bit of a soft spot for him, made Constantine then Flo tutor him and now he plays in some cup games (08-09 season) and has scored 3 in 5 but i don't think he's ready for the Championship yet

alrite everyone, happy new year. Just about to start a new leeds game. I only got the game for xmas and im not sure on who to sign in the lower divisions, anyone have any definate recommendations on who to sign...

Ignacio Gonzalez - go for him straight away and he will join you for free in January, he is easily lower Premiership standard.

Andronic

Aaritalo

Kostadinov

Czaplinski

Lauri Dalla Valle

Valeri Minkenen

Patrik Lomski

Tales from Internacional

Rodrigo Pastorini

T.V.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by man united:

Ignacio Gonzalez - go for him straight away and he will join you for free in January, he is easily lower Premiership standard.

Andronic

Aaritalo

Kostadinov

Czaplinski

Lauri Dalla Valle

Valeri Minkenen

Patrik Lomski

Tales from Internacional

Rodrigo Pastorini

T.V. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

he is not on the game post patch, if you want a midfielder invest in cominges (free at the start of the season) and get erick delgado from the same club aswell, these two peruvians are class nut they don't come till jan

piatti is awesome! Still in pre season we just played stirling and were 1-0 at half time so i said i expect you to perform much better 2nd half and we won 6-1. No disrespect to stirling but youd associate them as an easy game and it turned out to be but piatti was on top top form. Great find whoever spotted him. Just shows the potential of him aswel if milan and arsenal tried to sign him. Am going for a run soon so il start my season later on hopefully, il keep you posted.

Starting 2nd season, 2008-2009 in Championship, my team will be:

GK: Lehtovaara

DR: Eardley / Gosling

DL: Mattock

DC: <b>Breno</b>

DC: Huntington / Sabic / McGowan

MC:Luis Jimenéz

MC:Mihelic

MC:Piatti

AMR: A. Le Tallec / Torje

AML: Aaritalo

ST: Zaraté / Stancu

Also have:

- <b>Merida</b>

- Howson

- Kazenga LuaLua (trying to loan him)

- Lomsky

- Anderson Silva

- Dalla Valle

- Daminutã (trying to loan him)

- Soley (trying to sell him)

I think the weeaks point is the Golkepper, but can't find anyone else! Still have € 32 M to spend this season!

Since I have great MC and not great DMC, I will change my tatics and a DMC will play as MC.

I have a team to big, suggestion to who should I sell? Suggestions of additions? I need a left back cover (I soul my civer Sepsi for € 13 M)

DC: Breno

Also have:

- Merida

- Howson

- Lomsky

- Anderson Silva

- Dalla Valle

I think the weeaks point is the Golkepper, but can't find anyone else! Still have € 32 M to spend this season!

Since I have great MC and not great DMC, I will change my tatics and a DMC will play as MC.

I have a team to big, suggestion to who should I sell? Suggestions of additions? I need a left back cover (I soul my civer Sepsi for € 13 M)

You have built very strong team libido, well done mate icon_wink.gif You simply must win a promotion hehe.

I've just entered Championship as well. Had an amazing first season, literally demolished League One without a single lost. Won Johnstone's Paint Trophy and Carling Cup was like a dream journey. First i defeated Morecombe easily to see Fulham in the next round. Stancu's game of the season let us go up as he scored 6 goals at Craven Cottage and we won 6-5 on extra time! Then i had some lesser teams like Coventry, Bristol City and Plymouth to meet our rivals Manchester United in semi finals. First game at Old Trafford. Ferguson decided to rest most players from first XI leaving Giggs and Scholes on the pitch. Managed to score and keep clean sheet and we came back home with 1:0 win. Second leg at Elland Road was really tough. We struggled whole first 45 mins and Tevez scored a vital goal. Second half we were playing very well but Van Der Saar was solid as ever. No goals in extra time as well...so...penalties...we missed first two penalties and Man U scored both, damn, still i thought reaching a final is great but then we scored 3 pens and they missed 2 lol. Gary Neville took a deep breath to put it wide hahahhaa. We took all off them with Franchini goal to won the semis on penalties icon_biggrin.gif

Final with Tottenham was truly good game. Berbs scored an opening goal but we were able to came back before the half time. I told my players they can win this game and it happened!

Carling Cup Final: Leeds - Tottenham 3:1 icon_wink.gif

At the start of 2nd season teams started to sniff around probably my best player - Piatti. Arsenal came in with an enquiry, i said i want 15M + 50% next transfer fee and they withdrawn the offer. Few days lated Zaragoza made a bid of 9M + clauses and guess what...yeah, my chairman Ken Bates who is supposed to 'love the club' accepted an offer!! Man, this is really annoying ;/

Anyway, i was granted 8M transfer budget and with money from sale of Piatti i had around 16M to spend. Sold Doudin as well for 2,5M + 30% next fee to Cardiff as he was dissapointing 1st season, scored only 3 or 4 goals in the league one ;/

2nd season transfers in:

Aquino AML/ST - 1.9M

Michael Woods - 2.2M upfront + 1.5M after 50 league apps

Ignacio Camacho - 3M upfront + 1.6M after 50 league apps + 15% next fee

Genero Zeefuik - 1.8M

Georginho Wijnaldum - 2M

Breno - 6.25M

Sburlea - 150k

Delle Joris - GK - 50k

TEAM:

GK: Jourdren/Lund/Joris

RB: Sorin

DL: Sepsi/Franchini

DC: Breno/Samardzic

DC: Cathcart (brought in january 1st season)/Notari/Huttington

DM: Camacho/Pecnik

MC: Woods/Wijnaldum/Pecnik

AMR: Torje/Wijnaldum/Sburlea

AML: Aquino/Hora

AMC: Alex Teixera/Wijnaldum/Pecnik

ST: Stancu/Zeefuik/Sburlea

I found i have too few british players in my squad and im certainly aint happy with it, so im gonna strenghten with british prospects as soon as possible.

My main targets are:

Josh Wright - MC - contract expiring end of season, probably can get him for around 1M in january

Preston Edwards - GK - was trying to sign him already but Millwall rejected my offers, now they are playing in Championship (promoted through play-offs) and rejected my 650k bid. Edwards is unhappy though and wants to be transfer listed, positive icon_wink.gif

Danny Rose - AML - on previous version Danny was one of my favourite youg players and i would love to check him out on FM2008. Few clubs are interested in Hora so could probably make some cash on him and snap Rose. Hes a Leeds lad as well icon_wink.gif

Giles Barnes - AMRC - i play with an AMC and 2 wingers and Giles can play in both positions AMC and AMR. He looks great and im sure would be great signing. The problem is Derby wants 11M for the player ;/ I just hope they get relegated this season lol

Jose Baxter - scoring buckets of goals in Everton U18's side, scouts says he will be leading striker in Championship and has a potential to be twice a player Bogdan Stancu is.

Gotta sign him!

If you can suggest any other british players (no older then 23yo) do not hesitate.

I suggest Buonanotte for AMC if you can get him. He'll become great, but you need to work his stamina up to an acceptable level.

Going to be promoted from League One the first season for sure. I'm in 2nd place now, 10 points from getting the top spot. Stancu, Beckford and Doudin are scoring bucketloads. icon_smile.gif

I suggest Buonanotte for AMC if you can get him. He'll become great, but you need to work his stamina up to an acceptable level.

Going to be promoted from League One the first season for sure. I'm in 2nd place now, 10 points from getting the top spot. Stancu, Beckford and Doudin are scoring bucketloads. icon_smile.gif

Yeah, was trying to sign him in 1st season but he went to Livorno. Gonna try unsettle Giles Barnes and see if i can get him for the next season. 6 games into 2nd season, top of the league 5 wins 1 draw, demolished Bristol City 6:0 away \o/

Whats your midfield shikky ? If you can get Michael Woods, hes an absolute marvel in MC position for me.

My first team midfield is:

MC: Derry (until my youngling settles properly)

MC: Buonanotte (needs more stamina)

ML: Dzsudzsak

MR: Dlamini

Tossing in Da Costa every now and again. I've got a really small squad now, so any injury is really crippling for me. Making the board happy with the financial situation so they'll give me more transfer money next year. =)

Also have:

- Merida

- Howson

- Lomsky

- Anderson Silva

- Dalla Valle

if you need a new keeper try erick delgado orvincent enyema (sp?) i suggest getting rid of huntington and soley as you have a good cover for both those positions with anderson silva and sabic/mcgowan.

a cover for left back could be andrej pecnik was class in league 1 for me and class in championship atm. if you can get a work permit for him try maximiliano olivia (sp?) young argentinian DLC and has amazingly good stats!!

Also have:

- Merida

- Howson

- Lomsky

- Anderson Silva

- Dalla Valle

I think everyone has struggled with the goalkeeper situation! Lehtovaara didn't perform for me. I too am in my first season in the Championship and I've got Tim Krul on loan from Newcastle and he's been amazing - definately recommend him!!

T.V.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> if you need a new keeper try erick delgado orvincent enyema (sp?) i suggest getting rid of huntington and soley as you have a good cover for both those positions with anderson silva and sabic/mcgowan. </pre>

Enyema prefered Barcelona, Erick Delgado is on Toluca and I offered 7 M € for him and they rejected!

I think i'll keep Huntington because he is a leeds lad, and if I'll go to UEFA I need some Leeds lad's in the team!

When I'll go to Premiership I'll try to sign Michaerl johnson, Alan Smith and Aaron Leenon (now in Portsmouth)! Is the any other good player that was formed in Leeds?

Zarate is banging icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by Loki20_PL:

If you can suggest any other british players (no older then 23yo) do not hesitate.

Joe Mattock

Owen Garvan

Mark Davies

Marvin Williams

Victor Moses

Jem Karacan

Gabriel Zakuani

John Fleck

Jonathan Franks

Scott Cuthbert

Dan Smith

Anthony Stokes

Ashley Chambers

James Wesolowski

Jennison Myrie-Williams

T.V.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Loki20_PL:

Joe Mattock

Owen Garvan

Mark Davies

Marvin Williams

Victor Moses

Jem Karacan

Gabriel Zakuani

John Fleck

Jonathan Franks

Scott Cuthbert

Dan Smith

Anthony Stokes

Ashley Chambers

James Wesolowski

Jennison Myrie-Williams

T.V. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, was looking at Fleck but hes out f my range. Currently at Sunderland and they want 6M pounds for the kid ;/ Cuthbert wont come, Mattock is a DL and got this position covered well. Will check Owen Garvan and few others from the list when i got back home from work icon_wink.gif Thanks.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> if you need a new keeper try erick delgado orvincent enyema (sp?) i suggest getting rid of huntington and soley as you have a good cover for both those positions with anderson silva and sabic/mcgowan. </pre>

Enyema prefered Barcelona, Erick Delgado is on Toluca and I offered 7 M € for him and they rejected!

I think i'll keep Huntington because he is a leeds lad, and if I'll go to UEFA I need some Leeds lad's in the team!

When I'll go to Premiership I'll try to sign Michaerl johnson, Alan Smith and Aaron Leenon (now in Portsmouth)! Is the any other good player that was formed in Leeds?

HARRY KEWELL!!!!!!!!!!

sorry for double post, try javi varas (ex-sevilla keeper) you should be able to sign him on a free he is class. he's good enough for any championship side

Any of you recommend a good goalkeeper and a good right back?

I missed out on delgado and haven't really been able to find anyone else. My current right back is richardson, i was hoping to offload him but id need 2 left backs to do that.

I got Jourdren as a GK and hes doing well.

If you're looking for RB - Arthur Sorin of Kalmar is your best bet. McGregor of Clyde is another good RB. Laszlo Sepsi and Luca Franchini for LB position.

Archived