FM08 - Official Leeds United Thread ''-15 and we'll still go up!''

bazblock

lol nice great job getting in the uefa cup so early!

Ive just missed out on sepsiicon_frown.gif ive had an offer of 250k rejected for costil so i think jourdren will be no.1 target.

heres my team sofar;

ankergren

martin

richardson

parker

andronic

huntington

kalla

milne

sabic

soley

prutton

douglas

aaritalo

da costa

rose(loan from spurs)

howson

piatti(awesome)

dalla valle

stancu

beckford

constantine

doudin

flo

as you can see i have alot of attacking mids, i only have 1 right and left back which is very weak, i need a first team player for each of those positions.

Any recommendations on what positions i could improve on?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

something stupid just happened. At the start of the season when you pick your captain and vice captain, it was set as richardson captain and someone else vice. I thought il change richardson because i was hoping to sell him so i checked players influence and they all are very very low so i thought huntington, iul pick him he's got a good future ahead of him. As soon as i confirmed it the players were unhappy and huntington himself said he feels to much pressure been given the captaincy. Now that ive taken him off it he is unhappy and considering his options. He just missed training so i fined him 2 weeks.

Im off now anyways im shattered after football earlier, speak soon

Lol, ahh i see. Well, my game is patched, anyway will try to help. Check the Aritalo team, there are 3 great players in likes of Lomski, Hamalainen and keeper (cannot recall his name, sorry). Check romanian and slovenian teams as well, there are lots of good player and more important...you can get them really cheap. Rene Mihelic is a great midfielder, definiately you should sign him, prutton, douglas and soley are nowhere near his standard.

Pecnik is another star, he can play DMC/MC/AMC.

Check out Cuthbert to solve your right back problem. Cant really recall any other reliable left back besides Sepsi as i played not much until patch release.

My advice would be to raid romanian, slovenian, bulgarian, swedish, norwegian and finnish club teams and under21 sides. Im sure you will find few gems there.

Originally posted by man united:

something stupid just happened. At the start of the season when you pick your captain and vice captain, it was set as richardson captain and someone else vice. I thought il change richardson because i was hoping to sell him so i checked players influence and they all are very very low so i thought huntington, iul pick him he's got a good future ahead of him. As soon as i confirmed it the players were unhappy and huntington himself said he feels to much pressure been given the captaincy. Now that ive taken him off it he is unhappy and considering his options. He just missed training so i fined him 2 weeks.

Im off now anyways im shattered after football earlier, speak soon

Well, hes probably too young and has to prove his worth to the club me thinks. Speaking about fining players, i always warn them 1st, if they do the stupid things again i consider fining icon_wink.gif

I'm in my second season with Leeds, and having a torrid time. I've changed the face of my team dramatically, and my core of incredible Romanians(Torje, Sepsi, Stancu, Ochirosii and Raul Rusescu) got me through L1 with little difficulty. After a few offseason loans and purchases and some profitable sales I figured I was ready for the Championship, with a line-up as follows:

GK: Costil / Martin

DL: Sepsi / Fortune

DR: Trabelsi

DC: Huntington / O'Leary

DC: Pierre-Fanfan / Schwechlen(loan) / Olfers

DMC: Olfers / Zola

AMR: Torje / Piatti

AML: Ochirosii / Leto (loan)

AMC: Piatti / Vela (loan)

FC: Stancu / Kandol

FC: Al-Hawasawi / Kostadinov

I know my defence isn't exceptional, but by all rights they are superior to most of my competition, at least statistically. Problem is, I can't keep a cleansheet to save my life, and despite having a pair of class strikers up front I rarely bag enough goals to ensure a win. My board is demanding automatic promotion, but I'm sitting in 5th midway through the season because Man City, Bolton, and Middlesborough all got relegated yet managed to retain all but their most class players. Even still, my team looks on paper as though it should compete and even though I am frequently tipped to win games, victories have been hard to come by. The team puts up good ratings, but I constantly draw and lose games I should be winning

I've never played with a team with this much talent (respective of their league of course) and failed to this degree. I've had fun with Leeds, but I'm surely going to be fired soon. Blah.

Originally posted by andypants:

I'm in my second season with Leeds, and having a torrid time. I've changed the face of my team dramatically, and my core of incredible Romanians(Torje, Sepsi, Stancu, Ochirosii and Raul Rusescu) got me through L1 with little difficulty. After a few offseason loans and purchases and some profitable sales I figured I was ready for the Championship, with a line-up as follows:

I know my defence isn't exceptional, but by all rights they are superior to most of my competition, at least statistically. Problem is, I can't keep a cleansheet to save my life, and despite having a pair of class strikers up front I rarely bag enough goals to ensure a win. My board is demanding automatic promotion, but I'm sitting in 5th midway through the season because Man City, Bolton, and Middlesborough all got relegated yet managed to retain all but their most class players. Even still, my team looks on paper as though it should compete and even though I am frequently tipped to win games, victories have been hard to come by. The team puts up good ratings, but I constantly draw and lose games I should be winning

I've never played with a team with this much talent (respective of their league of course) and failed to this degree. I've had fun with Leeds, but I'm surely going to be fired soon. Blah.

Your team is still young, so they'll vary a LOT in their performances. I can upload my tactic once I get home, it works wonders both up front and in the back four. Based on a flat 442 with only closing up in my own half and f-arrows on the wingers and bla bla bla. Too much to remember and type up here and now.

I've kept quite since my recent posts on this thread, so now will give an update :

Currently in season 2012/13

Last 2 seasons finshed 6th and got into Uefa Cup...first time round got into 2nd stage of Cup and was knocked out by Bayern Munich...

Just got throught the qualifier this season...will update with starting eleven when I get home..

I am struggling this season though and I am in 17th in the Prem...

Originally posted by Maestroik:

How did you guys get Torje?? I bid 1 million plus add ons excluding future sales( hated this!) but still his club will not accept. i'm at first season with his value still at 400k.

At the very start of 1st season I made a bid of 1.4M pounds upfront + friendly match and chairman accepted - offer too good to turn down icon_wink.gif

Damn, I got beaten by Man utd 1-0 thanks to a Rooney goal. Any tips on beating them for the 2nd leg? If I beat them , I reach the league cup final icon_wink.gif. I lost to them in the FA cup 3rd round, 4-1 at Elland Road, board & supporters blasted me. I normally used a 4-1dmc-2wingers-2amcs-1 striker.

Damn, I got beaten by Man utd 1-0 thanks to a Rooney goal. Any tips on beating them for the 2nd leg? If I beat them , I reach the league cup final icon_wink.gif. I lost to them in the FA cup 3rd round, 4-1 at Elland Road, board & supporters blasted me. I normally used a 4-1dmc-2wingers-2amcs-1 striker.

Tough task, you gotta believe they rest few key players. Anyway, id advice defensive tactic with time wasting maxed out and counter attack.

Hard pressing as well. Not sure whats your corner setup but i manage to score a lot from corners (around 20 in a season me thinks). I keep my fingers crossed icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by andypants:

Quality team mate!! Would be dissapoited if you fail to win championship hehe. Id certainly play Stancu with Vela upfront. How much have you paid for Distin Zola and how did you manage to snap him. I was trying hard but failed every time ;/ Well, i dont need him now 'cos i found an amazing regen. Keep us informed on your progress mate icon_smile.gif

Looks like Leeds like to play with Tottenham. Last year we defeated them in Carling Cup Final, this year beaten Spurs in Semi Final and going up to meet arch rivals Man Utd \o/

Team is playing great, top of the league but drawn Sevilla in UEFA Cup 1st Knockout Round ;/

Aquino and Wijnaldum are simply awesome, highly recommended to anyone!

Strenghten my squad with Preston Edwards and Josh Wright icon_wink.gif Also signed 2 amazing regens.

Semi Final of Curling Cup 1st Leg

Tottenham - Leeds 2:2 (Breno, Wijnaldum)

2nd Leg:

carlingsemifinalsqk4.th.jpg

Kicked off the start of the season in the Championship well enough. Lost the first match away against SheffWed, but won the two following ones 1-0. My team is way too young to perform consistently good, so I'm hoping for a top half finish. Didn't get much to write home about when it comes to transfer funds, nor did I get any of the players I really wanted, so I'll not strengthen too much until next season.

I use xavierfm's tactic. It's at the tactics thread. He has 2 kinds, defensive & offensive. I normally used offensive as League 1 opposition is relatively weak. I revert to defensive if i'm lplaying away or tough opponents. Do teak it abit especailly the corner instructions. Shame, I lost danny haynes, doudin to long term injuries, filipe costa, dzduazcks(sp), howson. All came about during a league match. Does anyone succeed in buying danny haynes?? I got 3 million in the budget left, approaching January.

Originally posted by Loki20_PL:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by libidoluxuria_:

Starting 2nd season, 2008-2009 in Championship, my team will be:

GK: Lehtovaara

DR: Eardley / Gosling

DL: Mattock

DC: Breno

DC: Huntington / Sabic / McGowan

MC:Luis Jimenéz

MC:Mihelic

MC:Piatti

AMR: A. Le Tallec / Torje

AML: Aaritalo

ST: Zaraté / Stancu

Also have:

- Merida

- Howson

- Kazenga LuaLua (trying to loan him)

- Lomsky

- Anderson Silva

- Dalla Valle

- Daminutã (trying to loan him)

- Soley (trying to sell him)

I think the weeaks point is the Golkepper, but can't find anyone else! Still have € 32 M to spend this season!

Since I have great MC and not great DMC, I will change my tatics and a DMC will play as MC.

I have a team to big, suggestion to who should I sell? Suggestions of additions? I need a left back cover (I soul my civer Sepsi for € 13 M)

You have built very strong team libido, well done mate icon_wink.gif You simply must win a promotion hehe.

I've just entered Championship as well. Had an amazing first season, literally demolished League One without a single lost. Won Johnstone's Paint Trophy and Carling Cup was like a dream journey. First i defeated Morecombe easily to see Fulham in the next round. Stancu's game of the season let us go up as he scored 6 goals at Craven Cottage and we won 6-5 on extra time! Then i had some lesser teams like Coventry, Bristol City and Plymouth to meet our rivals Manchester United in semi finals. First game at Old Trafford. Ferguson decided to rest most players from first XI leaving Giggs and Scholes on the pitch. Managed to score and keep clean sheet and we came back home with 1:0 win. Second leg at Elland Road was really tough. We struggled whole first 45 mins and Tevez scored a vital goal. Second half we were playing very well but Van Der Saar was solid as ever. No goals in extra time as well...so...penalties...we missed first two penalties and Man U scored both, damn, still i thought reaching a final is great but then we scored 3 pens and they missed 2 lol. Gary Neville took a deep breath to put it wide hahahhaa. We took all off them with Franchini goal to won the semis on penalties icon_biggrin.gif

Final with Tottenham was truly good game. Berbs scored an opening goal but we were able to came back before the half time. I told my players they can win this game and it happened!

Carling Cup Final: Leeds - Tottenham 3:1 icon_wink.gif

At the start of 2nd season teams started to sniff around probably my best player - Piatti. Arsenal came in with an enquiry, i said i want 15M + 50% next transfer fee and they withdrawn the offer. Few days lated Zaragoza made a bid of 9M + clauses and guess what...yeah, my chairman Ken Bates who is supposed to 'love the club' accepted an offer!! Man, this is really annoying ;/

Anyway, i was granted 8M transfer budget and with money from sale of Piatti i had around 16M to spend. Sold Doudin as well for 2,5M + 30% next fee to Cardiff as he was dissapointing 1st season, scored only 3 or 4 goals in the league one ;/

2nd season transfers in:

Aquino AML/ST - 1.9M

Michael Woods - 2.2M upfront + 1.5M after 50 league apps

Ignacio Camacho - 3M upfront + 1.6M after 50 league apps + 15% next fee

Genero Zeefuik - 1.8M

Georginho Wijnaldum - 2M

Breno - 6.25M

Sburlea - 150k

Delle Joris - GK - 50k

TEAM:

GK: Jourdren/Lund/Joris

RB: Sorin

DL: Sepsi/Franchini

DC: Breno/Samardzic

DC: Cathcart (brought in january 1st season)/Notari/Huttington

DM: Camacho/Pecnik

MC: Woods/Wijnaldum/Pecnik

AMR: Torje/Wijnaldum/Sburlea

AML: Aquino/Hora

AMC: Alex Teixera/Wijnaldum/Pecnik

ST: Stancu/Zeefuik/Sburlea

I found i have too few british players in my squad and im certainly aint happy with it, so im gonna strenghten with british prospects as soon as possible.

My main targets are:

Josh Wright - MC - contract expiring end of season, probably can get him for around 1M in january

Preston Edwards - GK - was trying to sign him already but Millwall rejected my offers, now they are playing in Championship (promoted through play-offs) and rejected my 650k bid. Edwards is unhappy though and wants to be transfer listed, positive icon_wink.gif

Danny Rose - AML - on previous version Danny was one of my favourite youg players and i would love to check him out on FM2008. Few clubs are interested in Hora so could probably make some cash on him and snap Rose. Hes a Leeds lad as well icon_wink.gif

Giles Barnes - AMRC - i play with an AMC and 2 wingers and Giles can play in both positions AMC and AMR. He looks great and im sure would be great signing. The problem is Derby wants 11M for the player ;/ I just hope they get relegated this season lol

Jose Baxter - scoring buckets of goals in Everton U18's side, scouts says he will be leading striker in Championship and has a potential to be twice a player Bogdan Stancu is.

Gotta sign him!

If you can suggest any other british players (no older then 23yo) do not hesitate. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

john fleck his stats are absolutelly amazing!!!! also jack hobbs i picked him up on a free at the start of my championship season

Wow, I just did like the most stupidest thing ever!! I was on my etienne game & I decided to delete my other games & I accidentally deleted my leeds game!!

LoL...what can i say....**** happens mate hehe

Start a new one, im enjoying my Leeds game hell a lot icon_wink.gif

Astrial, could you please post Fleck's screenie ? He looks promising on my game, but his finishing, composure and dribbling iirc is very low ;/

Speaking of Hobbs, was thinking about him at the start of my 2nd season, but i have already:

Cathcart - captain

Breno - marvel

Samardzic - rock solid

Notari - great backup (selling at the end of season cos hes getting on a bit, approaching 30)

Luca Franchini - solid, reliable, can play as a full back as well, unhappy though

Huntington - never really made it, i cant give him him many chances due to Cathcart/Breno/Samardzic form.

And i've just signed a regen from Dundee (English!) who has potential to be better than Breno \o/

My main target for next transfer window is Jose Baxter of Everton icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by shikky:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Loki20_PL:

Hey shikky, how much money did you get for in 2nd season ? I got 8M when i promised promotion.

I got €450 000. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

450k euro ?? Is it transfer budget for a 2nd season or is it what you still have to spend ?

Originally posted by shikky:

That is my transfer budget for the entire season.

Aw ****, how cruel! What season expectations have you confirmed ? and whats your bank balance ? My bank balance atm is 13M, didnt get any additional funds in january. I earned few millions participating in UEFA and Carling.

Astrial, could you please post Fleck's screenie ? He looks promising on my game, but his finishing, composure and dribbling iirc is very low ;/

Speaking of Hobbs, was thinking about him at the start of my 2nd season, but i have already:

Cathcart - captain

Breno - marvel

Samardzic - rock solid

Notari - great backup (selling at the end of season cos hes getting on a bit, approaching 30)

Luca Franchini - solid, reliable, can play as a full back as well, unhappy though

Huntington - never really made it, i cant give him him many chances due to Cathcart/Breno/Samardzic form.

And i've just signed a regen from Dundee (English!) who has potential to be better than Breno \o/

My main target for next transfer window is Jose Baxter of Everton icon_biggrin.gif

i'm at september in my second season so i'm not sure if the stats for fleck on your game will differ much from mine!

here's a screenie of him:

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii48/astrialbarrier1/johnfleck.jpg

Originally posted by astrialthemighty:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Loki20_PL:

Cathcart - captain

Breno - marvel

Samardzic - rock solid

i'm at september in my second season so i'm not sure if the stats for fleck on your game will differ much from mine!

here's a screenie of him:

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii48/astrialbarrier1/johnfleck.jpg </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow! He looks class man, im damn sure he has much better technical stats on your game. Im in the end of January 2nd season btw. Will post his profile when i got back home from work. Man...id love to play FM icon_razz.gif

Originally posted by Haestad:

How do you find Wjanlum (sp is very wrong) He isnt in my search results (with the correct spelling) do you need to load all players from Holland or something?

Its Georginio Wijnaldum. He starts in Feyenoord, so check them out. If your playing lower rep team and hes happy at the club you may need to unsettle him. Thats what i was doing whole 1st season lol.

Im playing with large database and leagues:

England - League Two and above

France - League 1

Germany - Bundesliga

Italy - Serie A

Spain - Division 2 and above

No additional players loaded.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by shikky:

That is my transfer budget for the entire season.

Aw ****, how cruel! What season expectations have you confirmed ? and whats your bank balance ? My bank balance atm is 13M, didnt get any additional funds in january. I earned few millions participating in UEFA and Carling. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Great bank balance, and I was told time and time again that my wage management was exceptional, so I anticipated quite a few million euro to play with to strengthen my squad. But that didn't happen, so my prediction of top half finish will probably be right. I wouldn't have gotten much more if I promised direct promotion.

Get Holsen on free and sold him immediately when he arrive. I made 850k extra that way. Also sold anyone i could from the team.

Players i highly recommend:

Miral Samardzic - up to 100k

Laszlo Sepsi - 50-100k

Arthur Sorin - 50k

Luca Fnachini - 150k

Piatti - 200k

Adrian Hora - 110k

Sburlea - 50k

Raul Ruscescu - 130k

I'm 6th in the league, but we've only played 3 matches so far. Just got back from work, so I've fired up FM and will work on getting my tactic going again. I think the opposition is getting used to it. Tweaking needed. Average age of 22 now too, 1 year more experience. =)

Originally posted by seanos:

Ive just started a game with Leeds, but the reserve side has no league? so what are my fringe players supposed to do?

Anyone else had this? Any way of getting round it?

Ooops, i have no idea how to help you bud icon_frown.gif

Are you playing with patch ?

Back from work and loading my game as well icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by seanos:

yes im playing with the 801 patch.

most other teams have a reserve team playing in a league :-(

I don't think Leeds accepted the invitation before you started the game, therefore you don't have a team in the reserves league. Your fringe players will have to be given match practice against the weakest teams and possibly in cups.

Played 3 games so far and all 3 went wrong ;/

First was leading 2:0 with Norwich but they managed to score equalizer on the 90th minute.

Then 1st leg of UEFA 1st Knockout Round with Sevilla away. Lost 3:2 but still happy with away goals.

3rd game just 2 days later with Liverpool at Anfield in FA Cup...and we are out of FA now, lost 3:1 thanks to stupidity of Arthur Sorin icon_frown.gif

Originally posted by astrialthemighty:

DID IT icon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

Asked my boys to play for the fans and they duly delivered! Past the 1st Knockout Round of UEFA off Sevilla icon_biggrin.gif Awaiting Bordeaux and off to Carling Cup Final agains ...Man Utd ;/

leedssevillaoa8.th.jpg

nice one loki20_Pl what season are you in? how did you train alex? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Im in 2nd season, just won promotion to Premiership and qualified to Quarter Final of UEFA after unbelievable away game with Bordeaux. Won 7-3! icon_biggrin.gif Belenenses defeated Juventus lol.

Im playing with Everton. Not bad.

Got Alex on this training schedule:

Aerobic - medium

Streght - medium

Gk - none

Ball Control - high

Tactics - high

Shooting - high

Attacking - high

Set pieces - medium

Archived