FM08 - Official Leeds United Thread ''-15 and we'll still go up!''

bazblock

Originally posted by TheBabyFacedAssassin:

also gnna start up as leeds later icon_smile.gif

Welcome to the Leeds thread and good luck with The Whites!

BTW, like your nickname a lot, you must be Ole Gunnar Solskjaer fan icon_biggrin.gif

Win the Championship already and managed to reach the Final of UEFA Cup wheres Porto awaiting icon_smile.gif

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL! Won UEFA Cup on penalties, Bosingwa missed icon_biggrin.gif

Very proud of it and my whole 2nd season!!

Gotta sign few more quality scouts and strenghten my club staff icon_smile.gif

Here is the UEFA Tree, as you can see i had rather mid clups despite Sevilla in first knockout round and then Porto in the Final.

uefatreeuy2.th.jpg

And here is the team im proud of icon_biggrin.gif

leedssquadik5.th.jpg

I luv this game icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by Loki20_PL:

Here is the UEFA Tree, as you can see i had rather mid clups despite Sevilla in first knockout round and then Porto in the Final.

uefatreeuy2.th.jpg

leedssquadik5.th.jpg

i dont know how you people do it! i have tried so many times to get leeds back in with the big boys and ultimately put a smile back on my face!

top effort though icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TheBabyFacedAssassin:

also gnna start up as leeds later icon_smile.gif

Welcome to the Leeds thread and good luck with The Whites!

BTW, like your nickname a lot, you must be Ole Gunnar Solskjaer fan icon_biggrin.gif

Win the Championship already and managed to reach the Final of UEFA Cup wheres Porto awaiting icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

not really mate icon_smile.gif. i support Lfc. Then name comes from Marco Antonio Barrera. A legendary boxer

uefatreeuy2.th.jpg

leedssquadik5.th.jpg

nice one loki, i really should get back to my leeds game and play through my second season and win the uefa cup aswell icon_wink.gif

BTW: Getting players has never been as hard as it has been this time around. Low transfer budget and an equally low wage budget. I've had to loan several players, and I tried to pick up Sol Campbell and Sam Sodje for very little cash, but neither of them wanted to drop down a division. Luckily my back four is quite solid and hardly ever get injured, but I feel like I need some more experience in my team.

Furthermore Buonanotte has absolutely abysmal stamina and can never play plenty of games in a row. Thinking of selling him and getting a replacement. Any suggestions?

Also, here is my current squad:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b271/shikton/ScreenShot008.jpg

Worth mentioning that I've got a few guys getting in shape in my reserve team:

Balazs Dzsudzsak (you know him)

David Rochela (young centre back)

Mxoxolosi Mstetfeua (young centre mid)

Andrea Mariottini (young right winger)

Loki20_PL love what youve done with leeds, what tactic did you use to get this success, and is this with the patch. Just about to start a leeds game myself. sorry if its already been displayed on herel.

Originally posted by shikky:

BTW: Getting players has never been as hard as it has been this time around. Low transfer budget and an equally low wage budget. I've had to loan several players, and I tried to pick up Sol Campbell and Sam Sodje for very little cash, but neither of them wanted to drop down a division. Luckily my back four is quite solid and hardly ever get injured, but I feel like I need some more experience in my team.

Furthermore Buonanotte has absolutely abysmal stamina and can never play plenty of games in a row. Thinking of selling him and getting a replacement. Any suggestions?

How much money you've got bud ?

Try to loan Wijnaldum, Michael Woods, Ignacio Camacho. All three are simply brillant!

Also Adrian Hora is a good player and not moaning if not playing. Hes cheap as well.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by shikky:

How much money you've got bud ?

Try to loan Wijnaldum, Michael Woods, Ignacio Camacho. All three are simply brillant!

Also Adrian Hora is a good player and not moaning if not playing. Hes cheap as well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think I'm actually rather pleased with my current squad now really. They are beginning to play as a team with the last tactic I posted. Current team setup goes like this:

GK: Jourdren

DC: Sodje

DC: Franchini

DR: Sorin

DL: Sepsi

MC: Etuhu (defensive)

MC: Buonanotte (offensive-ish)

MR: Le Tallec

ML: Dzsudzsak

FC: Stancu

FC: Dlamini

Some of my reserves are:

Preston Edwards, Cathcart, Kerrea Gilbert, Doudin and Da Costa. Rotating these with the others squad players, and sometimes youngsters get the chance as well.

With this team I've crawled up to 3rd place in The Championship, and am winning rather comfortably, hardly getting any goals scored against me. In addition I have quite a lot of young talents, but I'm probably letting a few of them go next season and bring in some other faces. We'll see how that goes.

Originally posted by Biddy:

Loki20_PL love what youve done with leeds, what tactic did you use to get this success, and is this with the patch. Just about to start a leeds game myself. sorry if its already been displayed on herel.

Thanks Biddy. Well, the championship league was easy i have to admit, i lost 2 games iirc and outscored everyone with 140 goals. Anyway, in 2nd season my team was unable to compete with big teams like Man Utd, Arsenal or Liverpool. I was also very lucky to win UEFA. In final with Porto Van der Vaart got sent of in 40minute and they played whole extra time with just 9 mens due to injuries and all subs used. Still won it on penalties icon_smile.gif

Im playing with 8.01 patch and using 4-2-3-1 tactic with very offensive wingers supporting the lone striker and creative AMC who can score as well. Alex Teixera looks like an ideal model to fill in this position. Was voted fans player of the year. Also, he hasn't got a single injury for the whole season!

I was playing with Hull City before and had a very sucesfull carrier with them. On my Leeds game i used many players i tested with Hull before + tactic that worked perfectly fine with Hull. So, probablu these are profits from my past experience.

I'll post the screenie with my tactic along with start of 3rd season details icon_smile.gif

Biddy, if you have any more questions, shoot icon_wink.gif

Could you Upload your tactic or something mate?. Also, my pre-season is going well, Brought in alot of Romanian Youngsters, A RB, A ST(AMR), A CB, Sepsi and a LW icon_smile.gif Hopefully going to get stancu aswell.

Buonattate, and Piatti Didnt want to come to Leeds icon_frown.gif so anyidea's on who i could sign?

Loan Taraabt. He's willing to go to lower clubs on loan.

Here is the screenie of the tactic im using:

leedstacticfs9.th.jpg

Left centre-back marked with red is the one who shall bang the goals in from the corners / free kicks. You should use your strongest defender there (best header and jumper, strong enough).

Wingers must have abilities to go forward, dribble and cross/pass the ball.

When you play with better teams (especially away) decrese mentiality of the full backs.

Here is the download link to the tactic for those who give it a go:

http://www.filefactory.com/file/3aea0b/

You may need to tweak it a bit to suit your team. Its best to give the tactic few games at least and let the team gel together as well.

You should also assign your players to your training shedules. I found players who train well are more consistent.

If you've any more questions, well...im around icon_wink.gif

Sure, no problem.

Trasfers - 1st season

transfers1stseasonvc2.th.jpg

Get Roberto Holsen on free immediately, at the very start. Offer him key role and max contract. Signing on fee - 100k should be enough.When he arrive...sell...this way you should get around 600k - 1M pounds icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by Maestroik:

So I started a new leeds game.. Need either a backup LB or a first team LB since Sepsi is good but not great. Budget is 1 millon pounds there abouts. Thanx! Franchini's dribbling & crossing stats are too poor imo for a LB.

Luca Franchini and/or Laszlo Sepsi

I bought Holsen like you said, and his Price went to 500k. next thing i know. theres loads of clubs bidding 250k, and the bloody chairman accepts it for me icon13.gif lets hope someone offers a bit more icon_smile.gif

Damn, maybe change back his status to indispensible and offer new max contract with min. transfer fee of lets say 1.5M

If he accept it transfer list and ask for for the fee of his min. fee release. I hope you can do that still.

Sure, no problem.

Trasfers - 1st season

Get Roberto Holsen on free immediately, at the very start. Offer him key role and max contract. Signing on fee - 100k should be enough.When he arrive...sell...this way you should get around 600k - 1M pounds icon_smile.gif

hi there i'm just wondering loki about you're transfers in/out was this done during pre season or some transfers in january?

also i've not heard of quite a few of the players you've brought in. which players are stand out figures?

ill start a fresh later. Hopefully my chairman wont be a turd in the next game icon_smile.gif

Haha, maybe give him min. transfer fee next time ?

My third season started. Declared mid-table place and took 24M transfer budget + 500k wage budget. Didn't spend many as i wont to fulfill my players potential.

Notable signings:

Garry Bocaly - DR/WBR/DM - 4.6M from Marseille

Brayan Angulo - DL/WBL - 2.6M from Fluminense

Jose Baxter icon_biggrin.gif - AMC/FC - 3.2 from Everton

Rafinha - ST - Cruzeiro - 375k loaned to obtain 2nd nationality as didnt get work permit.

+ bunch of youngsters for future.

+ bunch of coaches

Starting with:

West Ham - home

Ipswich - away

Southampton - home

Reading - away

Originally posted by scottme01:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Loki20_PL:

Sure, no problem.

Trasfers - 1st season

hi there i'm just wondering loki about you're transfers in/out was this done during pre season or some transfers in january?

also i've not heard of quite a few of the players you've brought in. which players are stand out figures? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Players i considered as a key ones in 1st season (and not that known):

Samardzic

Cathcart (brought in january)

Alex (brought in january)

Pecnik

Adrian Hora

Michael Woods

Ignacio Camacho

Arthur Sorin

Laszlo Sepsi

In january i bought only Cathcart and Alex as i have had only like 600k to spend. Both are immense and developing great so far.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Maestroik:

So I started a new leeds game.. Need either a backup LB or a first team LB since Sepsi is good but not great. Budget is 1 millon pounds there abouts. Thanx! Franchini's dribbling & crossing stats are too poor imo for a LB.

Luca Franchini and/or Laszlo Sepsi </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ermmm no offence , I did mentioned in my post about these two.

Originally posted by Maestroik:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by shikky:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Maestroik:

Luca Franchini and/or Laszlo Sepsi </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ermmm no offence , I did mentioned in my post about these two. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah, sorry. That's what I get for merely skimming through posts :p

Santonocito is another option. You probably won't be able to buy him, but a loan shouldn't be impossible.

Yay! Straight up to Premier League! Here is the table at the end of the season:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b271/shikton/ScreenShot009.jpg

I beat Burnley in the playoff semi-final with a 4-1 aggregate and Leicester were beaten 2-1 in the final. I desperately need to land a 2-3 great signings next season, as well as maybe sell off a few players. I've been using 442 variants throughout the whole season, trying not to let the other teams adapt to me. Sometimes I've also used a 532 tactic, which has worked very well away from home. Needless to say, Stancu is my top scorer icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by astrialthemighty:

in september of my second season now and it looks like i might have to scrape through my games as my main and only good striker bogdan stancu is injured for a few weeks icon_frown.gif is doudin good enough to play a lone striker role?

No, no and no. I'm actually going to sell him. Have you sold Beckford? He usually bangs in quite a few goals for me, although he's also going to leave Elland Road now. =P

Can you post a screenie of your squad, astrial?

Yay! Straight up to Premier League! Here is the table at the end of the season:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b271/shikton/ScreenShot009.jpg

I beat Burnley in the playoff semi-final with a 4-1 aggregate and Leicester were beaten 2-1 in the final. I desperately need to land a 2-3 great signings next season, as well as maybe sell off a few players. I've been using 442 variants throughout the whole season, trying not to let the other teams adapt to me. Sometimes I've also used a 532 tactic, which has worked very well away from home. Needless to say, Stancu is my top scorer icon_smile.gif

Great stuff mate, congratulations!!

I would recommend Wijnaldum to strenghten your midfiled. Hes simply awesome on my game, loads of assists and scores some vital goals.

Doudin was poo for me and was happy to offload him to Cardiff. He was named worst signing of the season after that lol!

leedstacticfs9.th.jpg

Left centre-back marked with red is the one who shall bang the goals in from the corners / free kicks. You should use your strongest defender there (best header and jumper, strong enough).

When you play with better teams (especially away) decrese mentiality of the full backs.

You may need to tweak it a bit to suit your team. Its best to give the tactic few games at least and let the team gel together as well.

You should also assign your players to your training shedules. I found players who train well are more consistent.

hey, loki where did you get that tactic from because that's my attacking tactic, which i made!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Loki20_PL:

leedstacticfs9.th.jpg

Lol, haven't downloaded it from anywhere. On my Everton game i spent a couple of days trying to built some reliable tactic and this is the final product. I just implemented the corner setup mentioned on the forums around. Do you have exactly the same one ? same player/ team instructions ???

hey, loki where did you get that tactic from because that's my attacking tactic, which i made!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

leedstacticfs9.th.jpg

hey, loki where did you get that tactic from because that's my attacking tactic, which i made!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry, messed with the reply icon_frown.gif

Lol, haven't downloaded it from anywhere. On my Everton game i spent a couple of days trying to built some reliable tactic and this is the final product. I just implemented the corner setup mentioned on the forums around. Do you have exactly the same one ? same player/ team instructions ???

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by astrialthemighty:

leedstacticfs9.th.jpg

Sorry, messed with the reply icon_frown.gif

Lol, haven't downloaded it from anywhere. On my Everton game i spent a couple of days trying to built some reliable tactic and this is the final product. I just implemented the corner setup mentioned on the forums around. Do you have exactly the same one ? same player/ team instructions ??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

not exactly my team instructions are more attacking than yours, i made the tactic when i was playing with liverpool on fm05, lol icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by astrialthemighty:

in september of my second season now and it looks like i might have to scrape through my games as my main and only good striker bogdan stancu is injured for a few weeks icon_frown.gif is doudin good enough to play a lone striker role?

No, no and no. I'm actually going to sell him. Have you sold Beckford? He usually bangs in quite a few goals for me, although he's also going to leave Elland Road now. =P

Can you post a screenie of your squad, astrial? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

here's my current squad:

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii48/astrialbarrier1/squad2.jpg

i was able to get most of these players due to the fact i won the fa cup in my 1st season and i'm now in the uefa cup icon_smile.gif hopefully, get through to the knockout rounds and maybe win!

here's my current squad:

i was able to get most of these players due to the fact i won the fa cup in my 1st season and i'm now in the uefa cup icon_smile.gif hopefully, get through to the knockout rounds and maybe win! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Train Piatti to play as a striker and put him up there. Banged in goals alongside Stancu in my game, almost got as many goals as him. Worked wonders.

here's my current squad:

i was able to get most of these players due to the fact i won the fa cup in my 1st season and i'm icon14.gif now in the uefa cup icon_smile.gif hopefully, get through to the knockout rounds and maybe win! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Train Piatti to play as a striker and put him up there. Banged in goals alongside Stancu in my game, almost got as many goals as him. Worked wonders. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thanks shikky

Archived