FM08 - Official Leeds United Thread ''-15 and we'll still go up!''

bazblock

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Maestroik:

Any British youth prospects?? Sad to say, I load up up Bulgarian, Polish , Belgian & Romanian leagues so Im loaded with their youths.Btw, who is this rok kronaveter?

Jordan Parkes is good cover for fullback, he can play left or right side.

Marvin Williams

Matty West

Jose Baxter (cost me £1.2m though)

Michael Woods (cost me £2.5m though)

Adam McGurk is improving nicely in my Reserve Team

Preston Edwards

Victor Moses

Lee Holmes

John Fleck

T.V.

I am struggling a bit, i wondered if anyone could give me a hand.

I am two games in and have got four points from them, my problem is though i just cant score. I play a Four-Four-Two formation with wingers pushing up to strikers, one mid going attacking, one going defending. I have signed, David Martin,Raymond Kalla,Alan Sheehan,Steve Marlet,Nacer Brazite,Li Ti,Klye Laffety and Matty fryatt, any ideas?

Originally posted by -TonyVain-:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Maestroik:

Any British youth prospects?? Sad to say, I load up up Bulgarian, Polish , Belgian & Romanian leagues so Im loaded with their youths.Btw, who is this rok kronaveter?

Jordan Parkes is good cover for fullback, he can play left or right side.

Marvin Williams

Matty West

Jose Baxter (cost me £1.2m though)

Michael Woods (cost me £2.5m though)

Adam McGurk is improving nicely in my Reserve Team

Preston Edwards

Victor Moses

Lee Holmes

John Fleck

T.V. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanx. Out of your list, only fleck, woods & baxter are worth a shot of trying out. The rest have poor stats. preston Edwards' stats are random?? In my previous hearts games, he was decent but here, he has 18 for eccentricity.

Mike: Leeds have a good rep from their Premier League days, so they get better players than most other clubs in the same league. Transfer funds come from hardly having any debt at all, this leads to the board allocating more money for transfers. Not to mention that it's fairly easy to exceed the season expectations.

LabbRatt: Simpler tactics work better in lower divisions icon_smile.gif

Meastroik: Victor Moses becomes as strong as an ox. Great target man.

Legion: Yep. I've gotten that one too. Upset board because of a friggen friendly game!

alrite lads, i know im in the wrong thread but ive a quick question and nobody answered in the editors bit so...

wheres the best place to download patch 8.0.1? i found a website yesterday with the patch available to download but it was going to take 5 hours!? it took 30mins to do 10%. Things like that usually only take about 3mins.

I want to start a new leeds game on it. cheers

Originally posted by Loki20_PL:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by seanos:

Ive just started a game with Leeds, but the reserve side has no league? so what are my fringe players supposed to do?

Anyone else had this? Any way of getting round it?

Ooops, i have no idea how to help you bud icon_frown.gif

Are you playing with patch ?

Back from work and loading my game as well icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Late post I know, but I had this problem and simply orginised a friendly for them twice a week to keep them sharp, Sunday and Thursday so they weren't generally to done in if I need to use them in the firt team.

Hi everyone, i've started a game with Super Leeds United and thought i'd let people know how i'm getting on.

I got promoted as champions of League 1 and am currently in December of the 2nd season.

My starting line up is...

Gk-Joe Hart

Dr-Billy Jones

Dl-Gosling

Dc-Fitz Hall

Dc-Huntington

Dmc-Black

Mr-Aaritalo

Ml-Da Costa

Amc-Haynes

Amc-Dszudsak

Fc-Stancu

I have a hefty 7 million to spend and could do with a few recommendations if anyone can help? Preferably a few British signings?

I'm struggling in mid-table at the moment but feel with a few decent signings i feel i could make the playoffs.

Many Thanks...

Strong signings Brazil - they should easily win you League One with the right tactics Thumbs Up

Your next priority should definately be a goalkeeper, I think we've all struggled in that department with Leeds!

T.V.

I hope so. I have a few keepers I have my eye on but I have no cash left icon_frown.gif

Originally posted by bRAzIL:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Strong signings Brazil - they should easily win you League One with the right tactics Thumbs Up

Your next priority should definately be a goalkeeper, I think we've all struggled in that department with Leeds!

T.V.

I hope so. I have a few keepers I have my eye on but I have no cash left icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, quality signings mate. Guess you're playing without patch - 8.0.0 ?

Could have gotten erick delgado in january for free in the 1st season. Btw, I lost to Arsenal 5-2 in the League Cup Final. Do I qualify for Europe???

Hard to tell. When i was Hull i lost League Cup 1st season to Manchester United who qualified to Champions League but my team have not qualified for Europe icon_frown.gif

Lads this is a top thread, keep it up. Bates is an ungrateful so and so, but fortunately he is open to offers now so maybe he'll sell. Third season and in the Prem but struggling. Having to play a 5 - 3 - 1 - 1 defensive formation and hope to score on the break with Aarlito and a guy called Paco Esteban up front. Worked against a couple of teams, Villa and Liverpool being the most notable, but lost to Derby at home and utterly hammered by Spurs away. Thing is, I read with amazement how people can sell players. I end up having to either mutually tterminate or let the contracts run down, I very rarely get an offer. Both Beckford and Kandsol are cluttering up the reserves on half decent contracts with no one interested at all. How do some of you sell players so sucessfully, a few million in the Bank would be very helpful right now, as the Jan transfer window is looming and Cuddly Ken thinks I am underperforming?

Anyone got this problem? I was on Jan 10th & I tried to sign Cathcart, Hobbs & Spearing on frees but the option to approoach to sign is not there.Their contracts end on 30th June 2008.

Yeah, you cant offer contracts to the players from domestic leauge that fast. You can offer a contract player one month his current one expiress, no earlier. Anyway, you can offer contract 6 months before current one expires players on abroad but NOT domestic.

Kept with Gus but have gone abroad for a lot of the coaching staff and scouts. Agree with Loki that training is the key.

By the way, current team tends to come from

Jourdren / Angkeren

Richardson / Carr

Ball / Parker

Huntingdon / Marques / Pecci

Plessis / Curro Vacas / Douglas / Babel (loan) / Grahn

Aarlitilo / Skoubo / Esteban / Sturridge

I do wonder how long some of the original Whites will last!

Originally posted by Buckoh:

Kept with Gus but have gone abroad for a lot of the coaching staff and scouts. Agree with Loki that training is the key.

By the way, current team tends to come from

Jourdren / Angkeren

Richardson / Carr

Ball / Parker

Huntingdon / Marques / Pecci

Plessis / Curro Vacas / Douglas / Babel (loan) / Grahn

Aarlitilo / Skoubo / Esteban / Sturridge

I do wonder how long some of the original Whites will last!

all original first team whites have left for me icon_razz.gif last one to go was da costa at the start of my second season!!

Originally posted by Loki20_PL:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Legion22:

ohffsbo3.th.jpg

Now this is just being childish.

Lol, yep, annoying tbf. I had the same comment when i lost 1-2 to Chelski in European Super Cup lol. That is in the 3rd season, my first in Premier Leauge ffs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i agree i had the same twice losing to chelsea once in the community shield in my second season and losing to man utd in the lague cup 3rd round in the second season too icon_frown.gif

update on my game...the first one in ages.

currently in january in my 3rd season, sitting 13th in the premiership, but lost my last 4 league games, and only 4 points above the relegation zone (its pretty close down there)

Just made my best signing so far....obi mikel on a free!!!! his contract expired at the end of the second season and he kept refusing chelseas contract, but he stayed there. i had been offering him a contract every week for the last 6 months but he kept refusing me. Then chelsea spend £21.5m on man citys johnson, mikel gets moved to reserves and i pounce, offered him everything i could and he finally accepted.

I have also signed cahais from river for £4.6m to try and shore up my defence which has let in 50 goals to date this season, but ive scored 38 and its only jan, jonathon pereira (starts at villareal i think) is class, worth £7m now and scored 19 league goals so far this season, as well as destroying the championship last year.

Ive already agreed a few contracts to come in the summer on frees, all youngsters that'll go straight into the first team when they arrive in the summer-

ben arfa

sakho (young french defender)

gai asulin

aaron

My current team-

gk - kirkland

dr - richardson/ stephen wright

dl - mathjison/ parker

dc - cahais/ mate

dc - hobbs/ young romanian regen

mr - le tallec/

ml - kewell/ sjkelbred

mc - banega/ lulinha

mc - mikel/ merida

st - saivet/ stancu/ millan

st - pereirra/ kerlon

i badly need a new dr, but havent got anyone in yet, but i have got a bit to spend but cant find the right player and i aint panic buying.

With the new additions in the summer and hopefully ill get some more money, i should have a good enough team for at least a top half finish, and if i get a decent transfer budget and make some good signings i might try and push for europe. Im looking forward to getting ben arfa in to play on the left

Hey everyone, just a update on my game.

Currently March of 2nd season and i am occupying a playoff spot at the moment.

Starting line up is:

Joe Hart, Billy Jones, Matty Taylor, Paul Huntington, Fitz Hall, Ian Black, Mika Aaritalo, Dszudsek, Felipe Da Costa, Lulinha, Stancu

Subs: Casper Angreken, Danny Haynes, Rui Marques, Gabriel Torje, Jonny Howson

I am using Big D's Arsenal tactic.

I have 3 million in the transfer kitty ready for the end of the season. Trying to sign Justin Hoyte (always rejects) and Ever Banega (still at Boca).

Everton & Portsmouth both got relegated last season! So they are both walking the league in 1st & 2nd with ridiculously good championship teams. Think Portsmouth have Defoe and Martins up front!

Anyone recommend any decent signings for free at the end of season two? Hopefully i can make the Premiership so i can attract better players!

Oh i have Alex coming at the end of the season from Vasco Da Gama. He's touted as next Ronaldinho! What a coup for £1 Million.

Keep the thread going guys,

Many Thanks...

My Leeds team in the Championship, currently 4th at the beginning of April '09:

GK: Bywater (cheap summer signing)/ Alan Martin

DR: Ibrahim Tall (free) / Seb Larsson (loan)

DL: Shane Sherrif (200K) / Ben Parker

DC: Paul Huntington

DC: Matt Connolly (Loan) (Sherrif and Tall cover at CB but I have reserves too)

MR: Le Tallec (free) / Torje

ML: Jaime Peters (cheap) / DaCosta

MC: Piatti / Howson

MC: Thirwell (free) / Korsos (free)

FC: Stancu / Haynes (1m)

FC: Doudin / Marlon Harewood (free)

Stancu has 43 goals in 35 starts and 4 subs, Haynes 26 mostly from the bench (doesn't do so well as a starter) and Doudin has 18 in 30. Harewood signed in Jan and has 8 goals in 5 starts / 6 subs. So a good return there. Peters' avg rating is far higher than his stats suggest, but his pace, dribbling, crossing and (perhaps more important than we give credit for on this forum) determination are all 15. Tall at RB is amazing, as is Connelly at CB, although Huntington is little better than average with a 7.00 rating so far. I think my strength has ridden on maybe half a team of excellent players with the rest just about coasting along. Bywater is inconsistent - he either scores 6.00 or 8.00, but never seems to get on a good run.

Also have a bunch of reserve teamers and ageing freebies on short-term contracts as I know they won't hack it in the Prem. Edgar Davids, de Jong, Martin Palermo have done okay as backups, plus some I can't remember right now. Signed Wijenhalm [sp?] on loan on Feb deadline day from PSV and still looking for his best position, which is hard because no matter where I play him he does well. Will try and sign him if I make it to the promised land.

I think I'm only 4th because I rotate my team too much. Gave too much emphasis to the FA cup (although I am in the final against Man U) and saved my <90% fit players for beating Blackburn and Reading. Need to look at fitness training methinks, and will replace most of my coaching staff if I get the Prem.

I'm in the Uefa Cup next season as long as Man U don't drop out of the top 4, so fingers crosssed for once that they do well. I'll probably be able to attract better players and staff as a conscequence, which is urgently needed if I am to survive. IF I go up. If I don't I'll struggle to hang on to some of my stars.

Thoughts on who to buy / replace in the 09/10 season? Staff too if anyone has tips. Bassett's done okay in the lower leagues, but some of his opinions are decidedly naff.

Ant

Everton & Portsmouth both got relegated last season

In mine, it was Newcastle and Derby, and like Benroscrow said, they're walking it. Newcastle sold about 50m of talent so ended up buying people like Billy Sharp who is second on goalscoring only to my Stancu.

If I get relegated from the Prem, I wonder if my Leeds will have enough cash to bounce straight back like this? Or will Bates hoard the big parachute payments under his matress?

Ant

Got promoted through the play-offs in first season here is a screenie of my team

My Team

Only got 250k to spend which is rubbish the balance is £3 million. I was hoping to have enough money to bid for Billy Sharp as last season i had a £3.5 million over 24 months bid accepted but he wasnt prepared to drop down a division now i have no hope of getting him. Any ideas on how to improve my team.

Tough task with 250k transfer budget ;/

You should look for loans definiately.

Hoobs, Distel Zola, Michael Woods, Leo Schwechlen, Paul Anderson, Danny Haynes to name a few.

Sburlea is cheap - bought him for around 50-60k in the 2nd season and hes decent winger/striker.

You may take a look at Samardzic, Pecnik, Cuthbert. Check the players with contracts running out and/or transfer listed ones.

Dunno maybe try to offload dead wood if still have any.

Another update on my game and i'm in April 09. My previous post stated how good Portsmouth and Everton were doing. However the wheels have fallen off at Portsmouth! They haven't won in 10 games whilst my Super Leeds haven't lost in 10. So i now occupy 2nd place with just a few games remaining. I have changed to 'the winning v 1.00' formation which seems to be working a treat!

Alex & Lulinha got work permits for me. No problems there! And Ken Bates does seem to accept a lot of bids for my best players which is extremely annoying!

Everton are looking unbeatable at the moment and are signing several players for 10 million plus! Tymushuck (spelling), Hubschman and Defoe are just a few of them. They have Andy Johnson with 39 goals just in the league, having only played 32 games.

I still have had no luck in trying to sign Banega or Justin Hoyte. Hopefully if i gain promotion this will tempt them to join.

Just a further question to everyone, what average attendances are you getting? And can anyone recommend a goalkeeper to sign in case of premiership football next year?

Many Thanks...

Well, I got haynes on loan during the 1st season and he scored 45 goals so I wanted to sign him. Got a 1.5 million pounds upfront plus add-ons up to 4.5 million in total bid accepted. Should i buy?? My other strikers are kamil grosicki, stancu & kostadinov. My other alternative is makoriev(sp), a bulgarian striker from either levski or legia for 900k with good technical stats but average physical stats.

Well, I got haynes on loan during the 1st season and he scored 45 goals so I wanted to sign him. Got a 1.5 million pounds upfront plus add-ons up to 4.5 million in total bid accepted. Should i buy?? My other strikers are kamil grosicki, stancu & kostadinov. My other alternative is makoriev(sp), a bulgarian striker from either levski or legia for 900k with good technical stats but average physical stats.

Are you in 2nd season and heading Premiership ?

Whats your financal status and how much money to spend ? Haynes would be great in Prem too im pretty sure. 4.5M sounds acceptable to me, but if you feel you can strenghten other positions with the money, well, its really up to you.

Archived