FM08 - Official Leeds United Thread ''-15 and we'll still go up!''

bazblock

Yea, Im in my 2nd season. Got him on loan for 2 straight seasons. Weird that ipswich would let me loan. Maybe cause im his fave personnel & Leeds is his fave club.. lolz.. I got 7 million left. Anyone can teach me how upload screenshots? i wanna know your opinions.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Answering your question about the screenies.

Press 'PrintScreen' button while in window you want to show, go to Windows Start Menu -> Programs -> Accesories -> Paint. In Paint press Ctrl+V to paste the screen. Save as .JPEG.

Go to http://imageshack.us and host your JPEG file there. Use the 2nd URL given (thumbnail for forums or something like that). Just copy the link given and past it here.

Hope it helps a bit.

Screenshots are less of a hassle if you download Gadwin PrintScreen. It will instantly create a screenshot in a selected folder with the push of a single button. I use it. But remember to mess around with the settings so it doesn't tell you whenever you take a screenshot etc. or it'll minimize the game all the time and just be annoying =P

Anyway, I'm currently 17th in the league after 13 games. 2 wins, 4 draws and 7 losses, yet the board is satisfied with how I'm doing. Of course, they were disappointed with my 0-1 loss against CHELSEA and my 0-3 loss against MAN UTD, but the game is probably just designed to make the board be unhappy about whatever loss you suffer against your rivals.

I've switched to much simpler tactics now. Away I just use the preset 442 defensive and tick tight marking and counter attack. At home I play down the flanks, set the team mentality to the first notch of attacking and the width slider on the first notch of wide. Seems to work well enough, seeing as the losses don't come as frequently now.

What annoys me a bit is that I can't seem to get rid of any of my players. I let Dlamini go on mutual termination for 70k. I didn't want him in my team, only hogging up space and some of my wage budget. Stancu, Dalla Valle and Beckford are better than he is now anyway, and he was getting too old.

Can't wait to see if my loanees get a work permit at the end of the season! With Alex Silva, Eduardo Ratinho and Thiago in my team I bet I'll do much much much better.

BTW, I could use an additional right winger. Kind of thin there with only Le Tallec being a right midfielder.

shikky try to sign Wijnaldum. Hes an awesome player. He can play anywhere in midfiled, i use him mainly on right wing or in centre of the park (both MC and AMC positions). If you fail, try Bellushi, Giles Barnes ( could be expensive though). Alex Teixera would be great on the right as well. There is a great winger in Mexico, Villaluz or Villaruz ...something like that, cant recall him atm and at work so cant check him.

Im still in my 3rd season and doing very well, 5th in the league, won Carling Cup (2-1 vs Arsenal), in semi-final of FA with Derby and still in UEFA Cup, after 4-2 on aggregate win over Porto icon_smile.gif

Baxter is hell of a player, scoring and making goals if i slot him in AMC position, best kid in my team definaitely atm. Stancu is doing well, though getting more injuries than before.

Was hoping to get Ustari in january but he wasn't interested at all and moved to Milan so wont sign him soon probably icon_frown.gif

Originally posted by Loki20_PL:

shikky try to sign Wijnaldum. Hes an awesome player. He can play anywhere in midfiled, i use him mainly on right wing or in centre of the park (both MC and AMC positions). If you fail, try Bellushi, Giles Barnes ( could be expensive though). Alex Teixera would be great on the right as well. There is a great winger in Mexico, Villaluz or Villaruz ...something like that, cant recall him atm and at work so cant check him.

Im still in my 3rd season and doing very well, 5th in the league, won Carling Cup (2-1 vs Arsenal), in semi-final of FA with Derby and still in UEFA Cup, after 4-2 on aggregate win over Porto icon_smile.gif

Baxter is hell of a player, scoring and making goals if i slot him in AMC position, best kid in my team definaitely atm. Stancu is doing well, though getting more injuries than before.

Was hoping to get Ustari in january but he wasn't interested at all and moved to Milan so wont sign him soon probably icon_frown.gif

I tried getting Wijnaldum, but he's waaay too expensive, so if I had gone for him pre-season he'd be my only signing =P

I'll check out Bellushi. Been trying to get Giles Barnes, but he's also expensive as hell. The one I'll sign will probably end up being a backup/rotation player seeing as Le Tallec generally tears everything apart. I have Mariottini loaned out, and I know he's going to become quite good once he gets some playtime and tutoring, but until then I need a good reserve player who ideally plays on both flanks or as a striker as well.

Originally posted by bjs15:

just thought i would update you with my game am in my sixth season

1st season 2nd place promotion

2nd season promoted through playoffs

3rd season finished 9th

4th season finished 7th

5th season champions fa cup semi final

league cup qtr final and euro cup winners

my tactics are 3-2-3-2

heres my team

http://img90.imageshack.us/my.php?image=championteamzs4.jpg

Very nice team mate! Well done. Is Bates still in chairman position in your game ?

Originally posted by shikky:

Woohoo! Got Wijnaldum for free! ^_^ Ok, sure, no instant transfer, I still have to wait until his contract expires, but at least I get an all-round midfielder.

Thats the stuff mate! Top notch signing icon_biggrin.gif

Just play him, hes an assist king!!

Guest richbox

Hi there, first post on here, managing Leeds and still on -6 after about 10 games. I've messed about with the training schedules, anyone else done that or left as general.

Any hints ?

I've set up schedules for:

Central def

Full backs

Defensive mids

Central mids

Attacking mids

Wingers

Strikers

Nothing for goalies, because I suck at everything about them. General will have to do fine. icon_smile.gif There are quite a few uploaded schedules on tactics and training tips, so I recommend you take a look in there for some general feedback. It all boils down to how you want your players to evolve really.

Hi people,,I'm on season 2015-2016.Won promotion from Div 1 first season,spent 3 seasons getting out of championship,finshed 10th in Prem then last season won the title.This season sitting in 13th place after 15 games but doing well in the champions cup.Just thought I'd tell you my best dealings in the transfer market season by season.Also I've marked the best buy of the season,

Season 1.

Lauri Dalla Valla.(Jippo) Free.

Branimir Kostadinov.(Hearts) 55k.

Dan Smith (Aberdeen) 190k.

Kjartan Henry Finnbogson Free Agent

Alex (Vasco) 60k (BEST BUY)This guy can be hard to get because of work permit,just keep trying,,also make sure you put in his contract a high minimum release clause,I had £4m clause and the directers accepted it,I was gutted!!!

Season 2 (Championship)

James Troisi (Newcastle) 240k (BEST BUY)

Kasper Hamalainen (Turun Palloseura) 250k

Andrei Ionescu (U Craiova) 120k

Season 3 (Championship)

Neil McGregor (Newcastle) £1.2k

Souleymane Diamoutene ( Lecce) £2.5m (BEST BUY)

Season 3 (Championship)

Bravo Victor (Portsmouth) 130k

Ruud Coomans (Genk) 70k

David Templeton (Scunthrope) £3.7m (BEST BUY)

Season 4 (Prem)

Majid Bougherra (Charlton) 450k

Ben Rienstra (AZ) Free (BEST BUY)

Damien Plessis (Swansea) P/Ex

Season 5 (Prem)

Krystian Pearce (Birmingham) £2.1k

Said Mehamha (Genk) 300k

Juan Angel Albin (Celta) £2.0m (BEST BUY)

Jakob Johansson (Grasshopper) £6.75m

Gabriel Zakuani (Birmingham) Free

Season 6 (Prem)

Guerrero (Aston Villa) £1.6m

Popo (Man U) Free

Scott Golbourne (Derby) £4.8m

Keylor Navas (Pachuca) £4.4m (BEST BUY)

As for tactics I am hopeless at doing them myself so I download from the tactics page,swap tactics around though or the AI will work it out and you'll find yourself struggling.hope this helps some of you,,,good luck.

I know this is a little sad but does anyone else balk at the idea of signing players from a particular club, because of their views on that club in real life? I take a perverse pleasure from seeing Cardiff not get anywhere and would never sign a player from them!

I know this is a little sad but does anyone else balk at the idea of signing players from a particular club, because of their views on that club in real life? I take a perverse pleasure from seeing Cardiff not get anywhere and would never sign a player from them!

Hell I dont care where they come from as long as they do the job for me!!!!!

Originally posted by Buckoh:

Well, i never buy from chelski, except Michael Woods, whos leeds lad and brillant player. Never really liked them and these days i hate them cos of playing dirty football, moaning and bitching constantly. Oh boy would i be happy to see them relegated ?

I was always wandering why Leeds got Man Utd as an arch rivals ? Am i right thinking about the teams strong rivalry in 60s and 70s ??

Originally posted by AcidBurn:

Are the board always so tight my clúb balance is £10 million yet they will not up my 250k transfer budget. Oh well hopefully they will do in Jan tansfer window i hope.

I was given 8 million pounds in my 2nd season when i promised promotion. But they never really granted me any additional money even though im very strong finacially (+30M in the bank atm).

Hey there,

Just started as Leeds, pre-patch.

I have one week left in the transfer window; I was just wondering if you have any recommendations?

I've bought Bogdan Stancu (250k), Mihelic (150k), Steve Marlet (free), Guagua (ecuadorian centre back) (free), Jody Morris (free).

Due to an injury to Stancu, my line up looks like this.

Casper

Frazer - Guagua - Heath - Huntington

- Morris - Douglas - Thompson -

-- Marlet - Mihelic --

--- Constantine ---

What thinkest thou?

I don't have too much money left to spend, only about 400k. I'm not sure I need to strengthen, but wondered if there was something I was missing.

Any tips for a succesful promotion camnpaign, as thats what i have promised! So far so good though, 3 games, 3 wins.

Thanks

First season in the Prem and I barely managed to stay up, coming in at 17th! Whew, that's a friggen relief! I was really not dangerous in front of the goal this season, so I pray that the new signings who are coming in will add to my strike force's relentnessness. I need more goals! Sure, I need to concede less too, but it's always more fun to score a bunch ^_^

I'll post the table and other stuff soon enough. Just too excited to barely make it!

got 11 games to go in the league and lying 13th in the prem in my third season. Also in the semis of the fa cup and got to play arsenal.

Just had a bit of a bonus, due to the clubs finances my transfer budget has been upped to £18.25m from the £4m i had left.

With the money im going to be looking at signing for next season and make a push on europe.

With gai assulin, sakho, ben arfa & aaron coming frees at the end of the season, my team will line up like this so far (unless i sell any of my current players)

---------------------------kirkland---------------------

hoyte--------cahais/ hobbs---------mathjison-------sakho

le tallec--------mikel--------------banega--------ben arfa

----------------saivet/ stancu------pereira---------------

pereira is now the leauges top scorer with 25 goals so far, and 35 in all competions, and kirkland has played pretty well considering ive let in 64 goals so far which is the most in the league, but scored 48, which is the 4th highest, so every game is entertaing.

I think that down my right side is my weakest, i got in hoyte as a jan panic buy. who would everybody recommend going into the 4th season for dr and mr?

DR - Bocaly, Behrami, Marco Andreolli

MR - Wijnaldum, Torje, Alexandre Bonnet, Ryan Taylor maybe

6 games to the end of season 3 and sitting in 5th place in Prem, have to beat Man Utd at Old Trafford to get CL spot but i doubt i can do that. Most of my players are tired of long season ;/

Defeated Schalke in UEFA Cup semi final so im off to final with...Roma :/

Baxter is a marvel!! Considering him as my 1st striker next season lol

Hi there. In my second season with Leeds and I'm in the Championship. I've managed to sign Dzsudzsak which was very nice. However, Villarreal have offered £5.25m over 24 months, 20% sell on and Joan Capdevila. I'm pondering whether to sell or not since I was only given 296k to spend (even though I still had about 400k left on last years budget)! Any ideas for replacements if he goes? ATM the other right players I have are two new signings, Silvio Schroter and Anis Ben Hatira. I wanted to bring in out-of-contract Nedved for a season but the deal got hijacked so playing with 2 AM's and a RM I could end up rather short over the longer campaign.

Hey Zellix, Capdevilla = DL right ?

If so check out usual suspects - Sepsi, Luca Franchini, Scott Golbourne (usually can be bought below 2M mark or available for loan).

Try to sign Leo Schwechlen of Monaco, around 2M as well, or loan him.

If you're looking to strenghten your midfield, definiately try to buy Alex and Lulinha if they are still in Brazil.

Sburlea and Hora are two cheap romanian wingers and they will do their job in championship perfectly fine.

Lost 3-1 at Old Trafford and Man U secured the Premier League title ;/

Ahh unlucky mate! Always next season though icon_wink.gif. You've done awesome though, all in three seasons too.

Yeah Capdevilla is a DL, but they're offering to trade him + cash for Dzsudzsak. It's difficult for me as although it is good money and if I was in the EPL I would accept it, I doubt I can bring in somebody of his quality (plus I only get 55% transfer revenue). I already have Franchini and Jarol Martinez with the new signing of Angel (from Alaves). Although a few clubs are after the first two so I could get rid of one. I feel it's a good deal, just not in the best conditions for me.

Are you playing with the new patch? How was your board in the prem? I've found them to be very tight so far. First season I spent 2M and sold 400k, second season I got 296k to spend so I just spent 8k and sold 625k. So effectively I've spent a million pounds.

6 games to the end of season 3 and sitting in 5th place in Prem, have to beat Man Utd at Old Trafford to get CL spot but i doubt i can do that. Most of my players are tired of long season ;/

How much did you get Baxter for?

Originally posted by Zellix:

Ahh unlucky mate! Always next season though icon_wink.gif. You've done awesome though, all in three seasons too.

Yeah Capdevilla is a DL, but they're offering to trade him + cash for Dzsudzsak. It's difficult for me as although it is good money and if I was in the EPL I would accept it, I doubt I can bring in somebody of his quality (plus I only get 55% transfer revenue). I already have Franchini and Jarol Martinez with the new signing of Angel (from Alaves). Although a few clubs are after the first two so I could get rid of one. I feel it's a good deal, just not in the best conditions for me.

Are you playing with the new patch? How was your board in the prem? I've found them to be very tight so far. First season I spent 2M and sold 400k, second season I got 296k to spend so I just spent 8k and sold 625k. So effectively I've spent a million pounds.

Ah, i see. Offer not worth then imho. Capdevila is getting on a bit approaching 30 iirc and yeah, you can get someone of his quality for less then 500k prolly.

Yeah im playing with patch, they offered me 24M in my 3rd season, but won UEFA Cup when i was playing in Championship and made Carling Cup final (runner up) so i had quite a big bank balance from the european competition and carling. Didnt spend much though.

Originally posted by Maestroik:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Loki20_PL:

How much did you get Baxter for? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Paid 3.2M pounds upfront + 15% sell on clause + 1.6M after 30 league apps. Worth every penny.

Im gonna post my 3rd season summary tomorrow as im off to bed shortly (have to work tomorrow ;/).

Zellix, yeah hold on Dzsudzsak. Your debt shall be cleared soon, until then you wont get more than 55% of the transfer deal into your budget, so definiately reject. Probably you will be able to sell him at the end of season for better value if he continue to play well for you icon_wink.gif

i'll check out bocaly and andreolli. i was after torje but he went to fulham at the start and a regular for them and worth £5m, and i think i could get better for that sort of money. Has anyone one else found kerlon and lulinha to be very hit & miss? ive got them both but dont seem to be playing great for me. if i get any decent offers i might sell them both.

Do you guys like the sell on clause?? I usually end up paying more to avoid it but I think in the long run, its worth it since I will not have to share my profits with their previous teams.I bought haynes for 4.5 million plus add ons instead of 3.7 million plus 25% sell on clause.

A little update on my team:

1st Season: 1st Place in L1 - Auto Promotion

2nd Season: 2nd Place in CH - Auto Promotion

3rd Season: 10 games into my first EPL season I'm sitting in 5th, with a 5-3-2 record. My defense is still a sieve (2.2 GA Per Game) but I can score with the best of 'em now. Stancu has put up insane numbers so far (9G, 9A, and an 8.2 through 10 games). I beat a very weakened Man U 4-1 at home, lost 4-5 to Arsenal at the Emirates, and have had 4-4 draws with both Newcastle and Villa.

I managed to grab a few big name signings and basically bankrupt the club by adjusting budgets and selling 3 of my best players. I'm 15M in debt, so I pretty much have to exceed expectations in the league and win a domestic cup or I am in trouble.

I'm subscribing to the classic Leeds "make-or-break" philosophy.

2009-2010

Transfers Out(in Pounds Sterling):

Malik Mouath Al-Hawasawi - Villarreal 11M + 15% Sell-On

Raul Rusescu - Bolton 5M

Razvan Ochirosii - Napoli 8M + 10% Sell-On

Jose Karl Pierre-Fanfan - FREE

Quinton Fortune - FREE

Transfers In:

Jimmy Briand - Monaco 12.5M

Mamadou Sakho - PSG 6.25M + 35% Sell-On

Manuel Da Costa - PSV 8M

Mauro Zarate - Al Sadd 3.2M + 25% Sell-On

Helder Barbosa - Porto FREE

Craig Cathcart - Reading 1.2M

Marvin Angulo - Kaiserslautern 2.6M

Gary Caldwell - Unattached FREE

Simone Esposito - Juventus FREE

Charles Itandje - Liverpool FREE

Lineup:

GK: Costil / Itandje

DR: Angulo / Trabelsi

DL: Sepsi / Sakho

DC: Da Costa / Cathcart

DC: Sakho / Huntington

DM: Zola / Caldwell

MR: Torje / Piatti

ML: Barbosa / Esposito

AM: Buonanotte / Piatti

FC: Stancu / Rusell(Awesome 17yo Regen)

FC: Briand / Zarate

Answering your question about the screenies.

Press 'PrintScreen' button while in window you want to show, go to Windows Start Menu -> Programs -> Accesories -> Paint. In Paint press Ctrl+V to paste the screen. Save as .JPEG.

Go to http://imageshack.us and host your JPEG file there. Use the 2nd URL given (thumbnail for forums or something like that). Just copy the link given and past it here.

Hope it helps a bit.

Now, I feel like an idiot.. Lolz, thanks. Here's a screeny of a cheap striker.

makrievwa3.th.jpg

Alright guys.. mini update..

Second season.. currently in 3rd place in the Championship at the start of April, went out of the League Cup in the 3rd round BUT in the semi final of the FA Cup - although it is against Chelski and I will probably get smashed icon_frown.gif

Been reading through peoples recent posts and I'm glad to see I've picked up a few good players for a fraction of what other people have paid for them.

I signed Jose Baxter in Jan 09 for £1.2m - bargain from the sound of how he is performing in Loki's game! Picked up Marvin Angulo for £300k in Jan 09 too. Got El-Mourabet for £375k and he is an amaaaazing centreback! Marius Nicale, Kostadinov and Marvin Williams are my main strikeforce (cost under £1m in total) and playing really well. And I've just signed Kapo and Santonocito to strengthen my left flank icon_biggrin.gif

Fingers crossed I get promoted this season!

T.V.

Here's my current squad. Any ideas of who I could buy should I wish to strengthen my team?

GK: Albert Jorquera / Paolo Acerbis

LB: Luca Franchini / Jarol Martinez / Angel

CBs: Cabral, Sapunaru / Franchini, Martinez, Kalla

RB: Marvin Angulo/Jose San Roman/Prosperi/ Ivan Bandalovski

DM: Judt/Basinas/Dabo or Djemba Djemba (lol)

RM: Schroter/Angulo/Hatira

LM: Dzsudzsak

2 AMs: Piatti, Sosnin, Hatira or Schroter

CF: Julio Cruz, Roberto Cuevas (usually pop him somewher in midfield too) or Winston Parks

Hey guys, just another update on my Leeds game. I am in September of season 3 having gained 2 successive promotions! Still have Ken Bates as chairman and he actually got his money out for me to spend! 30 Million!?

My starting line-up now is shown below and i use 'winning v 1.00' tactic.

Hart, Hoyte, Filipe, Felipe, Breno, Cana, Aaritalo, Neri Cardozo, Dszudsek, Haynes & Stancu.

Subs: Angreken, Banega, Huntington, Alex, Da Costa.

Just need to add a keeper to my squad. It is a huge step up in class from coasting in the championship to battling along in the premiership though.

Loki-Leeds United and Manchester United have a huge rivalry. All the way back from The War of the Roses. Yorkshire & Lancashire.

Also has anybody signed Bruno Mezenga? Is he worth £4 Million? And what average attendances are people getting with Leeds?

Thanks for information benroscow, never thought that rivalry was born so many centuries ago ,hehe.

Cant answer your question, naver had Mazenga in my team, though he looks good. Probably worth a gamble, hes young and stat wise you should be able to flog him with profit if he fail to impress. Anyway, i hardly recommend Baxter, my favourite on the game atm lol so im a bit biased prolly hehhe.

Originally posted by andypants:

A little update on my team:

1st Season: 1st Place in L1 - Auto Promotion

2nd Season: 2nd Place in CH - Auto Promotion

3rd Season: 10 games into my first EPL season I'm sitting in 5th, with a 5-3-2 record. My defense is still a sieve (2.2 GA Per Game) but I can score with the best of 'em now. Stancu has put up insane numbers so far (9G, 9A, and an 8.2 through 10 games). I beat a very weakened Man U 4-1 at home, lost 4-5 to Arsenal at the Emirates, and have had 4-4 draws with both Newcastle and Villa.

I managed to grab a few big name signings and basically bankrupt the club by adjusting budgets and selling 3 of my best players. I'm 15M in debt, so I pretty much have to exceed expectations in the league and win a domestic cup or I am in trouble.

I'm subscribing to the classic Leeds "make-or-break" philosophy.

2009-2010

Transfers Out(in Pounds Sterling):

Malik Mouath Al-Hawasawi - Villarreal 11M + 15% Sell-On

Raul Rusescu - Bolton 5M

Razvan Ochirosii - Napoli 8M + 10% Sell-On

Jose Karl Pierre-Fanfan - FREE

Quinton Fortune - FREE

Transfers In:

Jimmy Briand - Monaco 12.5M

Mamadou Sakho - PSG 6.25M + 35% Sell-On

Manuel Da Costa - PSV 8M

Mauro Zarate - Al Sadd 3.2M + 25% Sell-On

Helder Barbosa - Porto FREE

Craig Cathcart - Reading 1.2M

Marvin Angulo - Kaiserslautern 2.6M

Gary Caldwell - Unattached FREE

Simone Esposito - Juventus FREE

Charles Itandje - Liverpool FREE

Lineup:

GK: Costil / Itandje

DR: Angulo / Trabelsi

DL: Sepsi / Sakho

DC: Da Costa / Cathcart

DC: Sakho / Huntington

DM: Zola / Caldwell

MR: Torje / Piatti

ML: Barbosa / Esposito

AM: Buonanotte / Piatti

FC: Stancu / Rusell(Awesome 17yo Regen)

FC: Briand / Zarate

WOW! You spent quite a few quids mate lol.

The team looks great tbf.

There is another Angulo who looks class on my game and play very well. Brayan Angulo - colombian DL/WBL. Bought him for 2.5M at the start of 3rd season, im approaching end of the season and his value went up to 4.2M. 19yo too iirc.

Barbosa - is it Helder Barbosa of Porto ? If so, great deal mate, hes class keep him fit and he shall shine. Have you had any comments from the fans after signings of Briand and Zarate ? I consider them as a big players.

Hope you can maintain your great for and secure euro spot icon_biggrin.gif Good luck and keep us informed mate.

Archived