FM08 - Official Leeds United Thread ''-15 and we'll still go up!''

bazblock

ive just noticed that ive got like £38m in the bank! last time i looked i had about £20m. the reason for this is merchandising, i forgot that a few months ago i asked for a feeder club for commercial benefits, and got one in china, and noticed that last month alone i made £6m in merchandising, so now im going for another one and look for a american team

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

alrite guys,

im going to start a game as leeds as i think it will be a fun challenge. going to try and get following automatic promotions and end up in the premiership after 2 seasons.

i want to do this by kind of creating a new arsenal, bear with me here.

i want to create a pacey, talented youthfull team that can get the promotions. would be great if these players could grow into players that will perform by the time im in the premiership. any suggestions?

dont know much about the team, any advice on who to let go?

im also going to clear out the backroom staff and create an awsome one, any suggestions on good staff?

cheers. please hlp!

Just started second season I had £7 million to spend and probably didn't spend it too wisely I got

Andy Butler on a free(been a rock in defense)

Miralem Pjanic 200k(3 games 2 goals 2 assists so far)

Nadjim Abdou 500k

Giles Barnes £4 million

Simon Walton Part/ex

Eddie Johnson £3 million

Like i said I have not spend my money too wisely so i loaned in Lee Barnard as cover for Johnson, Stancu and Doudin although due to injuries he has started the season with 5 goals in 6 games. I also got Dean Bouanis from Liverpool as I haven't bought a goalie i feel is good enough yet. Got Adel Taarabt aswell to cover Pjanic and Barnes in the AMC position.

The reason i spend most of my budget on 2 players is because i was getting so annoyed at not getting work permits. I tried for Altidore no luck same with Cardenas and Freddy Guarin also another but i can't think of his name.

Anyways so far have won 6 lost 2 but fans are happy because i have already beaten Cardiff twice. Just hope i can get promoted this season.

Well, about to start my 4th season and this is what my first team looks like:

GK: Geoffrey Jourdren

DR: Eduardo Ratinho

DL: Guilherme

DC: Alex Silva

DC: Breno

MR: Giles Barnes

ML: Wijnaldum

MC: Dzsudzsak

MC: Eric Bicfalvi

FC: Thiago

FC: Ever Guzman

That leaves quite a few quality people on the bench too. BUUUT due to work permits I had to send off half of that lineup to my feeder club, so I'll not be seeing that team until 2 more seasons have passed. GAH!

Originally posted by X20A-S.Freedom:

finally finished my 1st season. won league cup 3-2 man city. got promotion, champ of league one.

New season awaits, uefa cup icon_eek.gif

1st season table

http://img180.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cocacolaleague1leaguetafk9.png

1st season transfers

http://img174.imageshack.us/my.php?image=leedsunitedtransfershisfn0.png

League Cup Final

http://img180.imageshack.us/my.php?image=leedsvmancityoverviewvk5.png

http://img259.imageshack.us/my.php?image=leedsvmancitystatsplayemu8.png

nice one!! league cup still eludes me can't win in that but i won the FA cup instead!!

Ok, I'm officially fed up with Sorin on my right back. He just suddenly started to suck. Been the reason behind a couple of conceded goals in only 4 matches. Nor is he capable of doing anything offensively good. I need my Ratinho to get a work permit!

Originally posted by shikky:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by astrialthemighty:

*sobs* i lost my save game with leeds*sobs again* where i won the fa cup icon_frown.gif my pc won't load it icon_frown.gif

Eek that sucks Astrial. Gonna start over, yes? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeh, already started will post my new leeds transfers etc... before my season starts

finally got patch 801icon_biggrin.gif after abut 4days. Ive just started my new leeds game and im starting fresh. I usually load tactics and training ive used from previous FM games but ive just made a new home and away tactic so hopefully theyl work fine.

Quick question, when you guys set your training schedules, do you set each individual player his own schedule or do you just gropu the players together who play in a certain position?

I usually group them together but i was thinking if i want players to develop better is it best to give that individual his own schedule?

also does anyone know of any good right and left wing backs that i could sign with league 1 with leeds?

anymore recommended signings? sofar IN

dalla valle

rusescu

hobbs - loan

samardzic

mihelic

doudin

sburlea

sorin

hora

stancu

jourdren

contract talks with

piatti

sabic

danny senda

cheers

Originally posted by man united:

also does anyone know of any good right and left wing backs that i could sign with league 1 with leeds?

I was able to sign Hatem Trabelsi and Quinton Fortune my first season after clearing some room for wages.

I would also recommend looking at Pierre-Fanfan(FREE) and Buonanotte(~100K from River, Italian 2nd nationality).

Buonanotte seems to have random stats, but in my game he's an ace. I just rejected a bid from Man U (12M + Johnny Evans) in Nov of my 3rd season.

Pierre-Fanfan is a very good L1 centre-back, but he turns to rubbish pretty quickly after the first season, so don't sign him long-term.

Ryan O'Leary is another good L1 and Championship CB that's available on a free or for very cheap.

missed out on jefferson farfan, me and getafe both agrred agreed a price for him (£9m), but he accepted there contract instead of mine, pretty gutted as i feel ive missed out on a quality player for that price. still looking for a right mid to complete my midfield for next season. ive still got le tallec but i want a quality player there, gai assulin is coming in but i dont think hes ready yet. Got 2 games left this season and currently 13th in the prem.

midfield ready for next year so far:

ben arfa banega mikel ?????

Originally posted by Loki20_PL:

Barbosa - is it Helder Barbosa of Porto ? If so, great deal mate, hes class keep him fit and he shall shine. Have you had any comments from the fans after signings of Briand and Zarate ? I consider them as a big players.

Hope you can maintain your great for and secure euro spot icon_biggrin.gif Good luck and keep us informed mate.

I was actually surprised that my fans weren't excited about any of my signings right off the bat. I snaked Briand from some much larger teams by giving him an enormous contract ... he didn't want to join me, but I made him an offer he couldn't refuse icon_wink.gif.

Barbosa is already a fan favorite though. He's been the best new signing so far just because he creates so many chances. A 7.5+ rating, 8 assists and 4 goals in 13 appearances!!!!

Update:

Now totally fed up with the game engine, and I have uninstalled the game until the major issues have been fixed. It's absurd to lose several games in a row where I dominate and create three times as many chances as the opposition - sometimes more.

With that said I wish you guys the best of luck, and you'll probably see me posting in this thread again once the game is playable.

-Shik

Originally posted by england1:

alrite guys,

im going to start a game as leeds as i think it will be a fun challenge. going to try and get following automatic promotions and end up in the premiership after 2 seasons.

i want to do this by kind of creating a new arsenal, bear with me here.

i want to create a pacey, talented youthfull team that can get the promotions. would be great if these players could grow into players that will perform by the time im in the premiership. any suggestions?

dont know much about the team, any advice on who to let go?

im also going to clear out the backroom staff and create an awsome one, any suggestions on good staff?

cheers. please hlp!

I'm working from a similar philosophy and I'm in my second season currently second in the league with two games to go - almost in the Prem!

From first hand experience, I would recommend:

Kostadinov - £65k from Hearts, he's been the top scorer in the league both seasons and now worth £3m.

Alex - Got him from Vasco and he will definately be a regular for me when I hit the Prem.

Also look at the Romanian teams, you can pick up some quality young players for next to nothing!

Stancu and Piatti both come highly recommended by many people in this forum but I've not tried them yet.

Good luck!

T.V.

cheers mate.

know of any good young players in these possitions that will go into the first team and go onto improve to be quality in the premiership?...

goalie

left back

right back

centre back

defensive mid

left wing

also any advice on who to sell? i want to create a whole new team and raise more money for wages!

where is kostadinov from? cant find him, what country shall i load all players from? how much does he cost, i might try putting him and stancu upfront, should be pritty deadly!

cheers mate, i had kostadinov on 07 with leeds in the prem he was so quick and could score goals, il take a look at him now. Ive had stancu and piatti before with my other leeds game. I only played about 10 games as i wanted the new patch and i can say piatti is awesome, scored 9 in 10 or something from att mid. Stancu didnt get many goals but got good reviews, i maybe just need to change his tactics... and he'l bang the goals in like he has for everyone else.

Good luck

cheers mate.

know of any good young players in these possitions that will go into the first team and go onto improve to be quality in the premiership?...

goalie

left back

right back

centre back

defensive mid

left wing

also any advice on who to sell? i want to create a whole new team and raise more money for wages!

where is kostadinov from? cant find him, what country shall i load all players from? how much does he cost, i might try putting him and stancu upfront, should be pritty deadly!

goalie - Lehtovaara from Turun Palloseura in Finland, Anthony Scribe from Montpellier in France, Czaplinki from Jagiellonia in Poland, Corradini from Parma in Italy, Preston Edwards from Millwall.

left back - Nelom from feyenoord, Santonocito from Celtic, Joe Mattock,

right back - Marvin Angulo from Herediano in Costa Rica

centre back - Dorian Andronic, El-Mourabet, Ryan McGowan, Andy Butler, Nguyen Cong Nguyen.

defensive mid - Valeri Minkenen

left wing - Patrik Lomski

Kostadinov is from Hearts in Scotland, you might need to be playing with a Large database.

I'm just about to go into the Prem and the original Leeds players who are still featuring regularly in my first team are...

Richardson, Parker and Howson. Da Costa has done well for other people but was hit and miss for me.

T.V.

Originally posted by bRAzIL:

I still need a GK and a DC for the Championship - any recommendations?

"goalie - Lehtovaara from Turun Palloseura in Finland, Anthony Scribe from Montpellier in France, Czaplinki from Jagiellonia in Poland, Corradini from Parma in Italy, Preston Edwards from Millwall.

centre back - Dorian Andronic, El-Mourabet, Ryan McGowan, Andy Butler."

icon14.gif

T.V.

hello Sirs

I have started a new game with my beloved Leeds, but I have some problems with my tactic cant get it to work. My main problem is that I have slow DCs Heath and Huntington and the opposition always get a counterattack and score. I have tried deep d-line and have build my tactic with tips from the"building tactics for dummies" still I dont get it to work. Also Im using Flo as targetman and Constantine as the other striker but I cant score. Im using a normal 442 formation. Now I would be very happy if someone who has had success with Leeds could help me out with some goood 442 tactic?

Yours sincerely

bert mate id change your team if i were you, it will be difficult to do well with the current squad of players on the game, not so much irl though as they are proving atm.

Heres my team mate and my formation

Home 4-1-3-2

jourdren

ifil hobbs samardzic sepsi

piatti o'hara da costa

mihelic

stancu beckford

ankergren

huntington

prutton

sburlea

rusescu

away 3-2-1-1-2-1

jourdren

huntington hobbs samardzic

ifil sepsi

anthony grant

o'hara

mihelic piatti

stancu

transfers in

dalla valle 30k

rusescu 150k

hobbs loan

samardzic 16k

mihelic 275k - must sign

doudin 100k

sburlea 12k

arthur sorin 16k

adrian hora 85k

stancu 275k

jourdren 60k

sabic 65k

mathieu louis-jean free

piatti 110k

s.williamson loan

phil ifil loan

sepsi 24k

kostadinov 60k

o'hara loan

anthony grant loan

transfers out

douglas 200k

heath 90k

trying to get rid of alot but knowbody wants to buy. still have 2mil anyways and about 600k to spend so not to worry.

in order for a tactic to work match your tactic to your players attributes. Where does your first team players play best? do the tactics your setting them match with their attributes? pointless having mihelic playing CM position defending when playing away... he cant do it.

Also in your training schedules focus highly on tactics... its easy really

played 3 games and won all 3, 1-0 so our defence seems solid sofar but we could do with more goals so il be looking at that. If alos adjusted everones positions when defending and attacking free kicks and corners... which i dont usually do.

make sure you sign piatti,stancu and mihelic though they are awesome.

good luck mate.

sorry about the tactics there i set the players out in their positions but theyve all been moved back to the left.

away i have 3 centre backs and 2 wing backs 1 defensive mid 1 centre mid 2 attacking centre mids and 1 forward.

home i have 3 centre mids and the rest you can tell.

okay, after my pc decided to delete my leeds save where i won the fa cup i have started a new game and here are screenies of my current squad and my transfers:

squad:

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii48/astrialbarrier1/newleedsseason1.jpg

transfers:

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii48/astrialbarrier1...transfersseason1.jpg

i'm also in the process of getting jamie o'hara on loan, miguel tevez (needs wp),juan cominges (coming in jan), erick delgado (coming in jan), ednilson (considering contract), stefan radu on loan hopefully, lomski (coming in jan)

so far i have played 3 games won all of them 3-0, beating yeovil (league), luton (league) and mansfield (league cup 1st round)

how on earth did you get camacho and woods on loan

woods has no intention and camacho's club wont accept my bid

ive offered 500k for piatti and they still wont accept my bid

torje doesnt want to come, holsen went elsewhere

all ive got is sorin sepsi doudin and stancu so far

Originally posted by GeesusChrist:

i offered top dollar for notari and he wnet elsewhere as well, ive got 1 defender at the mo any suggestions

take a look at my transfers there is some there, people on here are a good few season in so they will have been able to get camacho on loan, as for woods they may have chelsea as a parent club

Originally posted by GeesusChrist:

how on earth did you get camacho and woods on loan

woods has no intention and camacho's club wont accept my bid

ive offered 500k for piatti and they still wont accept my bid

torje doesnt want to come, holsen went elsewhere

all ive got is sorin sepsi doudin and stancu so far

These players you need to bid for them at the early beginning of the game after board give you transfer fees, if not, the players value will increase and you have difficulty getting the players

They are radu,torje,stancu and piatti

Originally posted by man united:

bert mate id change your team if i were you, it will be difficult to do well with the current squad of players on the game, not so much irl though as they are proving atm.

Heres my team mate and my formation

Home 4-1-3-2

jourdren

ifil hobbs samardzic sepsi

piatti o'hara da costa

mihelic

stancu beckford

ankergren

huntington

prutton

sburlea

rusescu

away 3-2-1-1-2-1

jourdren

huntington hobbs samardzic

ifil sepsi

anthony grant

o'hara

mihelic piatti

stancu

transfers in

dalla valle 30k

rusescu 150k

hobbs loan

samardzic 16k

mihelic 275k - must sign

doudin 100k

sburlea 12k

arthur sorin 16k

adrian hora 85k

stancu 275k

jourdren 60k

sabic 65k

mathieu louis-jean free

piatti 110k

s.williamson loan

phil ifil loan

sepsi 24k

kostadinov 60k

o'hara loan

anthony grant loan

transfers out

douglas 200k

heath 90k

trying to get rid of alot but knowbody wants to buy. still have 2mil anyways and about 600k to spend so not to worry.

in order for a tactic to work match your tactic to your players attributes. Where does your first team players play best? do the tactics your setting them match with their attributes? pointless having mihelic playing CM position defending when playing away... he cant do it.

Also in your training schedules focus highly on tactics... its easy really

played 3 games and won all 3, 1-0 so our defence seems solid sofar but we could do with more goals so il be looking at that. If alos adjusted everones positions when defending and attacking free kicks and corners... which i dont usually do.

make sure you sign piatti,stancu and mihelic though they are awesome.

good luck mate.

Mihelic is doing well in my game as CM with DM duties. awesome.

Hopefully someone can help me out with this. I took Leeds Utd up on my 1st season with 86 points and finished 2nd only lost 4 games all season. Scored 96 goals and only conceded 44. I had £300k left over for transfers in League 1 but when I went into The Championship Bates would only give me £50k for a mid table finish. I play the same formation as in League 1 but have lost 4 out of 4. My team is

Ankergren

Richardson Huntington Sbazic (sp) Sepsi

Zola

Torje Ochirozvski (sp)

Piatti

Doudin Hora

Rest of the squad include

Shawcross

Valle

Gonzalez

Da Costa

Beckford

Stubbs

McGoldrick

Howson

Prutton

Mihelic

A very talented squad but not playing to its full potential. I just seem to be getting overun in the last 4 games and confidence has gone. Anyone got any ideas for sorting this out? I play short fast tempo football with Piatti as playmaker.

Originally posted by X20A-S.Freedom:

Mihelic is doing well in my game as CM with DM duties. awesome.

nice one but you think about it he isnt a defensive player, do you give him alot of defensive duties because you definatly wont be getting the best out of him, he's an attacking player.

borowhite the obvious thing to do would be buy better players but you cant because they havent given you enough money. Id go for as many loans as possible. Your mid and forward line isnt to bad mate but i aint sure on the keeper and your defence is avarage imo. maybe change tactic to a one where you can control the game more.

Originally posted by borowhite:

Hopefully someone can help me out with this. I took Leeds Utd up on my 1st season with 86 points and finished 2nd only lost 4 games all season. Scored 96 goals and only conceded 44. I had £300k left over for transfers in League 1 but when I went into The Championship Bates would only give me £50k for a mid table finish. I play the same formation as in League 1 but have lost 4 out of 4. My team is

Ankergren

Richardson Huntington Sbazic (sp) Sepsi

Zola

Torje Ochirozvski (sp)

Piatti

Doudin Hora

Rest of the squad include

Shawcross

Valle

Gonzalez

Da Costa

Beckford

Stubbs

McGoldrick

Howson

Prutton

Mihelic

A very talented squad but not playing to its full potential. I just seem to be getting overun in the last 4 games and confidence has gone. Anyone got any ideas for sorting this out? I play short fast tempo football with Piatti as playmaker.

Ankergren is rubbish. Get a Premiership feeder team and loan on of their good young reserve keepers. I got Tim Krul from Newcastle and he was awesome!

T.V.

quick update on my leeds game

13 games played currently 16th in the league after winning 9 drawing 3 and losing 1.

Out of johnstones and league cup in 1st round. Disapointed about the paint trophy as we hit the woodwork 4times and they scored a 94th min goal to snatch it 1-0 and it was against rivals bradford aswel!

stancu is really hitting form at the min ive solved the problems upfront, only problem is now were conceding a few goals aswel, atleast were still winning though.

is it possible to sign the young dutch midfielder wjildrum (spelling?) in the first season? when i aproach to sign he isnt interested, if so where is his best posistion across a 4 man midfield?

im going to buy either stancu or the cheap young bulgarian from hearts, does anyone know of a good striker to link them up with, a sort of berbatov/adebayor/drogba striker, strong, good header, young good passer who will help get the most out of the other striker.

cheers

is it possible to sign the young dutch midfielder wjildrum (spelling?) in the first season? when i aproach to sign he isnt interested, if so where is his best posistion across a 4 man midfield?

im going to buy either stancu or the cheap young bulgarian from hearts, does anyone know of a good striker to link them up with, a sort of berbatov/adebayor/drogba striker, strong, good header, young good passer who will help get the most out of the other striker.

cheers

I play Marius Niculae alongside Kostadinov (the kid from Hearts) and they link up really well. Got Niculae for £275k.

try Danney Welbeck from Man Utd

Wooooo! Promoted again - two seasons in a row now!

Just been given £22.5m to avoid relegation from the Premiership and looking to strengthen my team. I don't wanna spend it all straight away, I want to save some for January in case of emergencies. I'm also not going to overlook loan moves which will save me shelling out on transfer fees.

I've already got Seol Ki-Hyeon, Michael Woods and Abdus Ibrahim coming in the summer. Seol will give me depth across the midfield; Michael Woods is a future star who is also homegrown Leeds talent and will be valuable when I eventually get into Europe; and Ibrahim isn't ready for first team football yet but will be a future USA international and bring me extra money through merchandising. Currently in negotiations with Kevin Mirallas and Wang Dalei (mainly for the merchandising in China).

Specifically looking to strengthen the following positions:

Goalkeeper - In desperate need of a good first choice keeper as I relied on loaning Tim Krul to get me promoted from the Championship. Ben Foster is available on a free but is not currently interested. I've been looking at Ochoa and Fraga. Any other suggestions?

Leftback - Ben Parker was my first choice last season but I don't think he's good enough for the Prem. Scott Golbourne would come to me as Reading have just been relegated, he's valued at £4.8m though. Obradovic looks good and valued at £2.9m but might not get a work permit - anybody had experience with him before? Anyone got ideas who I could go buy or loan for the season?

Centreback - I've got El-Mourabet who I think should cope ok in the Prem but I need a good partner for him, as I'm not sure Andy Butler or Andronic are good enough. Currently looking at Steve Von Bergen, Garry Bocaly and Ryan Donk. Ideas anyone??

Defensive midfielder - I play Ritchie Jones there with Pierre Ducrocq as backup but he is getting old so need another DM. Not had chance to look at any yet so any ideas would be appreciated.

Striker - Not essential but if I could get a guaranteed goalgetter on the cheap then I would definately do it. Ideas welcome.

And here is a screenie of my current squad:

picture2yv8.th.png

('Parinho' is Wellington from Sao Paolo. Fuglestad is a highly rated Norwegian regen who has Newcastle, Blackburn and Portsmouth after him)

Thanks in advance for your suggestions guys.

T.V.

Originally posted by phil332:

My keeper is Kaylor Navas from Pachuca,cost me £4.4m but a grear keeper his avarage is 7.26.

I'm also managing Excelsior in my Leeds game and have just signed Navas for £110k on your recommendation - I hope he plays as well for me as he has for you!

T.V.

Archived