FM08 - Official Leeds United Thread ''-15 and we'll still go up!''

bazblock

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

16 games into the new season (4th season) and im lying in 5th place. Again, every game i play is goals galore, ive scored 39 and conceded 29, which is the highest scored and conceded in the league.

Saivet has really shone so far, scoring 13 league goals and pereira 11, and they are the top two scorers in the league so far.

saivet is now a wonderkid and my coaches are raving about him, theres 8 clubs interested in him but hes going nowhere...he signed a new 5 year deal in the summer, and hes worth £7.5m.

Pereira has been awesome again, and his partnership with saivet is leaving stancu sitting on the bench. i cant beleive no interest has been shown in him after being top scorer for the last two seasons.

ben arfa is awesome on the right side of midfeild and already barca, villareal, liverpool are interested in him

i cant beleive that leto is never mentioned on here. For someone who i brought in as back up, he has been immense and im keeping with him on the left and ben arfa on the right.

clubs are also interested in mikel and cahais, and there staying unless i get silly offers in.

Transfers - my board just upped my budget to £14m, so i thought id have a laugh and try and sign a star. i negotiated for micah richards, £10m up front and £25m over 24 months with a league game clause of £2m after 30 games. So i offered the contract and he to my surprise accepted my full whack offer of £70k a week. Problem is i dont have the money and delayed it for a week and thought maybe i wont get this chance to get him again. So i transfer listed lulinha who has done nothing and doesnt look great and deportivo have offered £4m over 24 months and £1.2m up front. If this gets agreed i might need to quickly someone else, but would you lot sign richards for that....even though its taking all my tranfer budget and £1m a month for the next 2 years????

i do have £49m in the bank though...and i would recommend to everyone going for american and chinese feeder clubs for merchandising as im making loads.

Current line up

kirkland

hoyte coloccini cahais sakho

ben arfa mascherano mikel leto

pereira saivet

subs - hart, stancu, kerlon, banega (rotates in the middle) hobbs, mathjison, skjelbred, le tallec, merida.

when i get money, my targets will be a new keeper, proper left back, and a right back if i cant get the moeny together for richards.

Overall though im very happy with my team, and ill be targeting alot of freebies so i can sell them on for more money in the summer.

Hi everyone

Just started a Leeds game and was very happy to sign all my main targets.

However its not been a great start to the season. Friendly results were great (beating Reading at home and Southampton away) but the first 3 results have been :

Crewe (h) Lost 2-3

Crewe (a) LC Won 3-0

Forest (a) Lost 1-2

I'm using similar tactics to other posters on here so a bit concerned. Perhaps its because I brought in so many new players at once.

Anyway my team is below - certainly looks strong just hope the results improve !

GK Ankergren

DR Richardson

DL Sepsi

DC Huntington

DC Hobbs (loan)

DMC Zola

MR Torje

ML Dszuszdjac

AMC Mihelic

AMC Piatti

ST Stancu

Subs : Martin, Antonic, Spearing (loan), Da Costa, Phillips (loan)

Also, strangely, was just celebrating the coup of signing Dszuszdjac (or however you spell it), when I flick on Setanta Sports to watch a dutch game and the commentator announces "making ihis PSV debut tonight, Hungarian winger Balasz Dszuszdjac"!

Have been trying for about a week now to get an update to the latest version. Anyone know of any other sites that have the patch? I'm developing some annoying little glitches such as at half time, I have to re-confirm my tactics even if I haven't changed them which deletes my teamtalk. Hmmm. In the game, season 3, in the Prem, awful team that relies on Huntingdon, Beckford, Howson, Richardson and Marques that wasn't really ready to go up, a few panic buys that haven't worked and just had a football lesson from Chelsea of all teams. Cuddly Ken is less than impressed!

lfc7

good freebies at the start are as follows

chris james - mid

malcolm christie fwd

kabamba musasa fwd

seyfo soley dm

ignacio gonzalez will sign for 1/1/2008

raymond kalla dc

thats all can tell you off top of my head as I'm at my mates house - i'm sure others will follow

a few loans that are decent on pre patch are

porritt from middlesbrough i think lm

henry is ok rm but i found carole to do well

ive just been recommended today by my mate today

dyer from southampton

ifil from tottenham

and post patch haynes from ipswich

he recommended some guy in luton reserves you can get for 400kish, he couldnt remember his name but he was a left back

my mate also says theres a dm thats supposed to be good in the prem as he has had him for tottenham called marek suchy, said he got him for 450k i think - gunna try them tonight when i get in.

by the way I tried sorsa and he was ok, got round full backs but never really got any assists - looked good though

lfc have you got the patch that gives you bassett instead of poyet and the other stuff?

if not sturridge on loan from man c with haynes 850k

awesome partnership got me 34 goals each and da costa played left centre mid and got 17 goals as well as a few from defenders and carole

Just started 2nd season, got promoted but everything has gone to pot, Stancu is pi55ed off cause I wont sell him, players in prem reserves squads dont even want to sign for me on loan, I havee no budget even though Ive made a 12mil profit and my squad is balls (basically). Won 2 and lost 3( very convincingly) of my first 5 matches.

Any help would be appreciated.

Heres my squad:

leedstm2.th.png

Westlake is and stays crap, I cant even flog him to anyone. Most of my injured players are back now and I just beat Southampton 3-2, was delighted, unfortunately I've gone into September so ill ask for more funds in January (I'm making good profits each month so hopefully will get a decent budget off the board).

1 problem is that a lot of players dont wanna sign for me so even i I do get a good budget I might not be able to buy anyone good.

4th season in, got promoted up the divions way too quickly in my opinion, playoffs both times and now going into the prem with an in-experienced side and my balance isn't too great =/ imm gonna get s*it on. d:[

Originally posted by -TonyVain-:

Found a regen at Lyn Oslo in my second season.. signed him on a free. The next season Sheffield United made this bid for him!!

regenbidib0.th.png

Accepted icon_biggrin.gif

T.V.

Since I cant edit I'll have to double post. What skin are you using -TonyVain-?

Lfc good to see you starting a leeds game mate good luck

currently 3rd in the league with 2 games left, we cant win the league as swansea are 9points ahead we're on id say around a 15 game unbeaten run but theres been about 5 draws in there and swansea have went on and took advantage of that.

Hoping to get a good bit of money if we go up but cant do what i said id do in getting the league 1 championship. Board aint to happy with me either they say their dissapointed because i done terrible in all cup comps, so it aint been the best of seasons really, too inconsistent until the end and is it only me or is it hard to keep morale up? seems when we draw it drops again and takes a while to get it back up.

just had an £11m bid from arsenal for jacks hobbs, i negotiated it to £16m and they came in with the offer. After a long hard think i decided to reject. I know alot of you will think im mad but he is very very good, and i looked at players who would be willing to come to me as a replacement and there werent anyone really better who i could get. Plus he is happy, i signed him as one of my first signings and hes english. i might regret it but the coaches say that he will be a leading star for any premiership team. His stats have shot up over the last year including his pace and acceleration, i think having alot better coaches have helped as well.

Well I didn;t think they had it in them. A team including Richardson, Huntingdon, Marques, Douglas and Beckford has just beaten Man U (at Elland Road) in the QF of the LC. And all that with Michael Ball sent off for me after 17 minutes courtesy of a forearm smash in to the chops of Ronaldo. Oddly proud of the lads, Wigan in the SF, maybe a chance of an appearance at Wembley! My team is still bobbins though, Babel on a season's loan isn't doing it, and a jumble of free signings and panic buys are defending with 10 men behind the ball just about every game, hoping for a sneaky 1 - 0. Have had an offer accepted for Haynes who is languishing in Brum's reserves which completes in 2 weeks, on 1 Jan. Is he any good?

just won promotion with leeds 1st season. We finished 5th after a little stumble 1/2 way through the season which we didnt really recover from as swansea just kept on winning.

We played forest in the playoffs and drew 1-1 at home so it was a hard test ahead in the 2nd game. we won 3-2 after a great show as always from doudin.

Then in the final we played southend who beat us near the start of the season 2-1 at elland road then hammered us at their ground 4-1 on the last game of the season. I changed tactics a little for this game, same formation but a few player and team instructions and we had about 10 key chances 1st half and they had 0, doudin put us infront and then he scored again 1min after the break.

Just wondering who you guys had in your team when playing in the championship, how did they perform and did you get promoted?

the class acts of my team were definatly rusescu,doudin,hora and huntington

hora is awesome as a right mid for me although he can play forward aswel.doudin scored 28 out of 31 and rusescu got 22 out of 30, them to playing so well kept stancu out the team, he got injured near the end aswel so didnt play as much as they did but he still got 14 goals.

Ive got interest from most lower prem teams for piatti,sorin,samardzic,hora and someone else im only willing to sell for millions though because these players are future stars!

cheers carl mate, i think its defence i need to improve, i conceded 64 and scored 100 goals in my 1st season. I had hobbs first season but huntington was getting rave reviews but was to slow so i needed a fast player next to him which was samardzic, he's looking real good for the future. il check out mate and il take another look at hobbs now, cheers!

who was your gk,rb and lb?

who was your gk,rb and lb?

i kept ankergren until i got in the premiership and replaced him with kirkland.

at the end of my first season i got stephen wright on a free and rotated him with richardson until i got in the prem, then put them in reserves as they both got ripped apart in the few games they played until i got hoyte from arsenal. I played one at right back and one at left back, i didnt think ben parker was good enough for the championship, and i spent my budget on other positions so i had to make due. But to there credit they both played well for me.

When you get promoted le tallec is a beast in the championship and i would highly recommend him.

In my first season i went all out and got david thompson who was simply awesome in league one.

Danny Haynes in my game is a good striker,,,scores 15+ per season,tried to get him to join Leeds a few seasons back (I'm in season 2016-17) but he went to Crystal Palace.If your starting a new game then Kostadinov from Hearts or Dalla Valle from Jippo are pretty good,got them both on my first season and still got them now.

Cheers Phil, you're a gent. Am in season 3, back in the Prem and need a few goal scorers. and a midfield. And a defence. Have to say that Jourdren is the nuts in goal, player of the month in the Prem in November. Just a shame he is so busy!

Missed the boat on Stancu who is languishing in Inter's reserves. Haynes will cost me £1.2m and a slightly used Michael Barnes I got on a free from Man U so looks like he's going to be partnering Sturridge up front from 1 Jan.

Buckoh,,,,if your looking for a decent defender who can also play DM and midfield try a guy called Madjid Bougherra,because your a few seasons behind me I think he should be around 27 years old.I got him from Charlton for £450k and he was very consistent,he's 34 in my game now and in the reserves but for the monet I paid for him he was a good purchese.

quick update on my game - 4th season, 35 games played and sitting 4th. 7 points ahead of spurs and 11 behind arsenal in 3rd.

Should finish 4th now unless a disaster strikes, and then finally get the club in the champions league.

I now have a bank balance of £82m!!!!! so looking for a big budget for next season hopefully. I still have £16m left from this season.

Had a board takeover a couple of months ago also.

Stancu and pereira have been good this season, but its all been about saivet. 31 league goals so far and 41 in 40 games overall. valued at £10.5m and wanted by pretty much every big club......but i offered him a new five year deal and he signed...good times ahead.

hopefully now i could get vicente to sign a contract with me as hes available on a free. matias fernandez is available for £16.5m but he doesnt want to discuss terms with me...hopefully when the season finishes he will.

Anderson from man u is interested in joining me but i cant agree a fee with man u. Van der vaart has had an aweful season with man city and doesnt even play so ill make a low bid for him.

A bit of a blow has come that mikel has handed in a transfer request and not happy. Hopefully with my final position he'll decide to stay but i wont let him go for less than £25m as hes pure class.

For the coming season im looking for a world class keeper to replace kirkland and a world class right back to replace hoyte, and also a few more players for better strength in depth to help with my first european adventure.

agreed deals to sell merida for £2.6m + 30% (forgot who to)and aaron for £4.6m + 45% to derby, who wasnt getting a game.

A quick note, i played assulin for 3 games and he was outstanding so he'll get a chance next year, my coaches are saying he'll be a leading player for any club and is classed as a wonder kid.

Jack hobbs is now a regular england starter alongside terry and leto has broke into the argentina squad and started in there last game.

Originally posted by carlleeds999:

quick update on my game - 4th season, 35 games played and sitting 4th. 7 points ahead of spurs and 11 behind arsenal in 3rd.

Should finish 4th now unless a disaster strikes, and then finally get the club in the champions league.

I now have a bank balance of £82m!!!!! so looking for a big budget for next season hopefully. I still have £16m left from this season.

Had a board takeover a couple of months ago also.

Stancu and pereira have been good this season, but its all been about saivet. 31 league goals so far and 41 in 40 games overall. valued at £10.5m and wanted by pretty much every big club......but i offered him a new five year deal and he signed...good times ahead.

hopefully now i could get vicente to sign a contract with me as hes available on a free. matias fernandez is available for £16.5m but he doesnt want to discuss terms with me...hopefully when the season finishes he will.

Anderson from man u is interested in joining me but i cant agree a fee with man u. Van der vaart has had an aweful season with man city and doesnt even play so ill make a low bid for him.

A bit of a blow has come that mikel has handed in a transfer request and not happy. Hopefully with my final position he'll decide to stay but i wont let him go for less than £25m as hes pure class.

For the coming season im looking for a world class keeper to replace kirkland and a world class right back to replace hoyte, and also a few more players for better strength in depth to help with my first european adventure.

agreed deals to sell merida for £2.6m + 30% (forgot who to)and aaron for £4.6m + 45% to derby, who wasnt getting a game.

A quick note, i played assulin for 3 games and he was outstanding so he'll get a chance next year, my coaches are saying he'll be a leading player for any club and is classed as a wonder kid.

Jack hobbs is now a regular england starter alongside terry and leto has broke into the argentina squad and started in there last game.

I've never seen Jack Hobbs in the England squad?! Screeny of his attributes please?

just looked at hobbs in the england squad and the only reason he played is because ferdinand, taylor and woodgate were all injured. Didnt realise that he hadnt played the last 2 games (i thought finally i had an england starter) when they returned. His stats arent that great but hes so consistant, i'll have a play around to post a screenie

still trying to figure out what i can do to improve for the start of the championship with time running out. Any suggestions on who to sign... also who do you have as your ass man, my players didnt like big dave so i offered him a new contract and he's only a coach now, im looking for people for the job but all of them seem to want 19k as their weekly wage...

my ass man is some random swedish bloke called torbjorn nilsson who i signed after the first season because i got rid of basset. i just look at there stats and see who i would want. a good way is to find a really good coach and offer him a ass man position, this way you get the chance the offer lower wages and its a better job offer so most will take it within reason.

i change my backroom staff quite often as my club is improving so i need my staff to improve. this coming summer coming up im gonna sign a new ass man

just had two massive bids in, £24m from barca for ben arfa, which isnt enough, so i negotiated to £50m so they dont come back.

Also hobbs, £12.5m from arsenal....which ive decided to accept, despite rejecting £16m for him in jan. He has been very poor lately and i dont think hes good enough to take me to the next level. Im guaranted 4th spot now just going into my last game v liverpool, and looked that richards is interested so im gonna go all out for him now. Got hammered 5-1 against chelsea in my last game (i knew they'd get revenge on me)

so first season - what would be the strongest team you could get because I always start well and always slide away about midway through the season

also If anyone can post their tactics - i tried the fiora and the 1 with 1 striker and it didnt work for me.

also if someone posted their team instructions that would be a great help as well, thanks for any help

so far in the transfer window i sold jack hobbs to arsenal for £12.5m, then aaron, mathjison, hoyte, merida, and a few other fringe players.

The big sale ive made is mascherano, someone i didnt really want to lose. Arsenal came in with a bid of £17m and he said that he wanted to negotiate terms with them, so i thought that £17m isnt enough and i wouldnt let him go for that, so said £24m. Then the offer came in so i thought thats a fair price for him, so i accepted and off he went..not bad, paid £12m for him at the start of the season so £12m budget. all my sales have totaled £53m.

Now i had to decide who to bring in for my champions league qualification and to help my team push on.

First in came matias fernandez, £17m straight up front.

second came in bocaly for £6.5m from deportivo for his release fee

Then the big transfer of Micah richards for £35.5m in installments

Fourth in was a replacement for kirkland, £22m for ustari

Now i have £13m left and i really need a proper left back as i dont want to keep having to use cahais and sakho there. I have gone for Taiwo (sp) but they wanted £19m for him. Can anyone recommend a proven quality left back for that price?

Archived