FM08 - Official Leeds United Thread ''-15 and we'll still go up!''

bazblock

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I cant personally recommend but my mate got leighton baines for tottenham and he said he was good - he also said micah richards is a certainty if you get the chance to buy him

cheers ill look and send a scout out to get a full report on him. he looks decent enough but ill see how much they'll want for him

yeah not a prob mate, when i get chance to go on it later ill look back on it and let you know all the players i had.

For the money, as soon as you get in the prem ask for a commercial link feeder clubs, ive got one in china and one in america, ive never heard of the teams but they bring in loads of extra money. i relied on loans and youngsters so i wasnt spending alot, and also had a small squad to save as much as i could, so got rid of alot of the players i knew werent ever going to play for me. At one point my reserves were down to 6 players and a main squad of about 20.

my starting line up in the championship was:

gk - ankergren

dr - s wright

dl - richardson

dc - peter mate

dc - jack hobbs

mr - le tallec

ml - da costa(kewell came in when liverpool terminated his contract)

mc - lulinha (brought in banega at christmas)

mc - ze elias (brought in merida at christmas)

st - pereira

st - stancu

subs - edwards, parker, david thompson, haynes (loan), skjelbred, ramage

after the first season i sold huntingdon to birmingham for £2.1m and doudin who was great in my first season to reading for £5.5m (just checked and he has only played about 5 games for them since the move)

as you can see it werent a great squad, but i was lucky with not getting many injuries, and finished 5th.

it was the partnership of pereira and stancu that got me up. without them two i would of badly struggled, but both scored loads, stancu 26, pereira 34 (in league)

i also released or sold the deadwood to get them all off the wage bill to save as much as i could, and this helped build up a decent bank balance

i also got arsenal as a parent club but only got k gilbert off them on loan who was mainly for cover

I always forget about David thompson!

Right... started another - brought in :-

Dan Smith - 210k - golbourne wasnt allowed to leave cause of first team commitments

hobbs loan

philip ifil loan

parks free

delgado 900k

jaime peters loan

just loaned charlie adam from rangers for 3 months - I remembered someone saying he was good so ive got him for LCM as I don't think douglas is good enough for the first team but will be good enough for cover

sold westlake 100k

weston 65k

kandol 120k

released Lucas costing me 22k

so my team should be

GK ankergren - injured straight away for a month so martin for time been

RB Ifil

RCB Huntington

LCB Hobbs

LB Smith

RM Peters

RCM Prutton

LCM Adam

LM Da Costa

RS Delgado

LS Parks

playing the tactics that you start with i.e. default 442 just beat notts county in a friendly 5-0 delgado despite having 6 for teamwork got 1 goal and 4 assists

just offered 250k for lee frecklington from lincoln - looks good but is he worth it?

I'm off to work now so if someone can let me know how good my team is, any decent tactics for this side and if charlie adam and frecklington are any good before 10:15, it would be greatly appreciated

cheers GC

your team should go up. i always play normal mentality, slightly more creative, direct, wide and focus passing down both flanks, no matter what team i use i always use the same tactics and it always works for me, but if you do dont forget to adjust your pitch to the maximum size and use fast wingers and forwards if possible

sorry for double post, forgot to add i just brought in berbatov on a 2 year deal on a free. Going to use him as a back up striker and to add more depth for the long season ahead.

Something strange has happened on taiwo. i offered £13m (installments)they came back saying £19m, i reject. then he signs a new contract, i bid £13m again and they said £22m, so then i offer £10m up front .....they come back saying they will settle for £10m up front and £1.1m over 12 months!!!!! Not that im complaining but its a bit strange, so im just awaiting to see if he will accept my contract and then get him in. if he comes my starting 11 will be this

gk - ustari

dr - richards

dl - taiwo

dc - cahais

dc - cant choose between coloccini, bocaly or sakho

mr - ben arfa

ml - m fernandez

mc - mikel

mc - banega

st - saivet

st - pereira

subs - kirkland, 2 of the cbs, leto, assulin, stancu, kerlon, berbatov, some youngster i got on a fee who looks good

my aim is for a top 4 finish again

i looked how much i got in merchandising last year....it was £86m, im gonna try and get some more commercial links

gees - yeah only a few more clicks and thats it, yeah and just click to direct not all the way over and play very wide. for some reason this always works for me.

Man u - thats a good amount for the championship, keep us updated who you buy.

Im gonna get about 3 hours on it later and my main concern is getting in taiwo. Has anyone else got in any merchandising feeder clubs?

Just finished 1st in L1 in my first season. Any good player recommedations for my second season?

I need:

CB (pref. a player that could go in the 1. 11)

CM/DM (just backup)

AM (backup or 1. 11)

ST (backup)

I ment to post my team but cant remember half of them as i am at work, sry.

I'm Leeds manager i need some good staff. who have you lot brought in staff wise? (im very low on staff so a quick reply would be appreciated)

Oh and because i was mid-table at beginning of february i got sacked. Even though if you'd added the 15 points lost, I'd of been joint 2nd. Some Joke.

great start to the season...not

lost 2-0 to arsenal, 4-2 to chelsea then drew 2-2 with liverpool, babel scored a 92nd min leveller...gutted

i got taiwo but hes been crap so far

i got in berbatov on a free, played him in a few games and was poor, always offside, plus my coaches says hes declined in the last 3 months. so after a couple of months of having him hes gone to sheff u for £2.3m, and got his £46k a week wages off the bill. A nice tidy profit

CB (pref. a player that could go in the 1. 11)

CM/DM (just backup)

AM (backup or 1. 11)

ST (backup)

dc - mate - hes good for the championship £450k i paid but i think i could of got him cheaper bbut i desperately needed someone on deadline day

dm - if you have the money banega, if not try distel zola

am - merida, that young argentian (forgot his name)

st - pereira from villareal

Alrite leeds update sofar

awaiting a wp for lulinha

got arsenal as parent club and theve loaned me the young italian gk manone or something and gilbert the right back.

loaned etuhu from city and osbourne from villa

signed distel zola

signed djemba djemba on a free

just played newly relegated sunderland in my 1st championship game and won 2-1 both goals coming from stancu who was clinical.

Just trying to fend off interest from prem teams for half my team;

samardzic

sabic

huntington

hora

piatti

stancu

doudin

sburlea

hopefully they wont become unsettled as the morale is high for the first time in a while.

made profit of 5mil last month

hopefully good times ahead

Alrite leeds update sofar

awaiting a wp for lulinha

got arsenal as parent club and theve loaned me the young italian gk manone or something and gilbert the right back.

loaned etuhu from city and osbourne from villa

signed distel zola

signed djemba djemba on a free

just played newly relegated sunderland in my 1st championship game and won 2-1 both goals coming from stancu who was clinical.

Just trying to fend off interest from prem teams for half my team;

samardzic

sabic

huntington

hora

piatti

stancu

doudin

sburlea

hopefully they wont become unsettled as the morale is high for the first time in a while.

made profit of 5mil last month

hopefully good times ahead

sounds like a good start, and well done on the profit. once you hit the premiership the money rolls in. i forgot as well that i got osbourne on loan in the championship and he was pretty good. i tried for djemba djemba but he wanted like £25k a week which i didnt want to pay out.

on my game after the bad start i won my next two games, against villa and sunderland and got into the champions league and drawn, barca, juve and galatasary.....nice easy group then!

lol massive challenge carl good luck with that it can be done!

just played scunny in my 2nd game and won 1-0 but then weve lost our next 2 games away. I think home form is definatly going to be key in this season. Were now on 9.5mil in the championship and i got joey jordan as my ass man.

After winning League One and the Championship I will start my first season in the Premiership (my third season in Leeds). I'm I ready for it?

GK- Bouzanis

DR - Leyrielton / Neil Eardley

DL - Mattock / Antunes

DC - Breno / Huntington

DC - Steven Taylor / McGowan

DMC - Lorik Cana / Banega

MC - Piatti / Lulinha

MC - Mihelic / Willian

AMR - Aaron Lennon / Torje

AML - Sérgio Mota / Merida

ST - Zarate / Aaritalo / Walcott

And I have also Kazenga LuaLua, Michael Woods and Dan Gosling.

It is difficult to find a good GK. I think I will buy GK Ivan Pelizzoli for 12,5 M €.

Do I need to streght to achieve a 4 + classification in the Premiership?

94th b*****d minute - scandal

well tried it carl and started off with a 1-0 loss away to swindon but since then I've won 3-2 1-0 2-0 and 1-0 creating shed loads of chances - only thing is I keep having to push the time wasting bar to full 5 mins from the end of each game as I'm not going far enough in front to just sit back and enjoy i.e. went 2-0 up against crewe and they got a goal back straight from kick off and had to rely on a dodgy penalty decision to win as they got to 2-2 with 20 mins to go, but overall looks decent - I'm now 22nd after 10 games 1 loss 3 draws and 6 wins

Adam looks a good signing by the way takes all my set pieces for me

Originally posted by libidoluxuria_:

After winning League One and the Championship I will start my first season in the Premiership (my third season in Leeds). I'm I ready for it?

GK- Bouzanis

DR - Leyrielton / Neil Eardley

DL - Mattock / Antunes

DC - Breno / Huntington

DC - Steven Taylor / McGowan

DMC - Lorik Cana / Banega

MC - Piatti / Lulinha

MC - Mihelic / Willian

AMR - Aaron Lennon / Torje

AML - Sérgio Mota / Merida

ST - Zarate / Aaritalo / Walcott

And I have also Kazenga LuaLua, Michael Woods and Dan Gosling.

It is difficult to find a good GK. I think I will buy GK Ivan Pelizzoli for 12,5 M €.

Do I need to streght to achieve a 4 + classification in the Premiership?

Um, mate. How did you get that squad in season 2->3? Editor?

... I'm in Janury, strugling in 10th! I thought I would do better icon_frown.gif

Brougth Villagra (spelling, argentinan DL, DR) and Leonardo (brazilian DC, waiting work permit) because my defense is leaking!

I'hope I can get to UEFA or InterToto, and cincrease the club status... because now the great players won't come to Leeds!

The good way to sell players: they must be good, and you mut play them. Them I offer him for 30 euros (almost nothing). Lots of clubs come to buy the player and I cancel it and offer him again for a large price extended by 24 months!

Just finished 1st in L1 in my first season. Any good player recommedations for my second season?

Anyone still interested in this, check out Terrell Forbes. Absolute bargain at CB/RB. Decent backup/cup player in the Prem.

Also, Matthew Connolly from Arsenal is a rock - usually a loan, and way better than the sluggish Hobbs.

For me, Stancu and Haynes were unstoppable up front, although could have done with some service from the wings - Jaime Peters one side, Anthony LeTallec or Torje the other.

Paul Thirwell is an excellent MC/DM in the Champ but can't hack it in the Prem. Marcus Hall a good cheap backup for LB/CB, as is Shane Sherrif.

... I'm in Janury, strugling in 10th! I thought I would do better Frown

first season in the prem is always hard, next season you'll have a better year.

Ive just thrashed newcastle 5-1, saivet hat trick and two in the game before...back at the top of the premiership top scorers after 8 games. Then play barca and got completely out classed 4-0!!

Taiwo is absolutely shocking, for £11.5m i would expect better. If he hasnt improved by christmas i might look to get rid already. its looking like a gamble that hasnt paid off. richards is doing ok but hes not been great either, i might play him cb and bocaly rb, see if that helps.

I read somewhere once that they factored in that some people like playing the same formation and the 'better' AI managers will suss you out in the long term. Might be an urban myth, but I always switch formations every season, largely because I get bored, partly due to staff, and partly to prevent being found out.

there twins seperated at birth icon_confused.gif . Marvin williams is a goal machine in league one, he was top scorer when i got promoted with about 38 goals.

I always use the same tactics so i wouldnt worry about changing them, i only find that changing tactics disrupts my team.

i changed staff all the time though as i want the best i can get

im sooooo annoyed. cahais who is my best dc has been tracked by real madrid for about 2 years, and started to become unsettled. i tok my eye off the game for a minute to (i have it on auto continue for 5 secs) to see chais signs for real madrid, im like what???? the board accepted there £14m bid for him.........so annoyed.

only good thing is a few days before i sold a youngster to real madrid for like £2m, who is gonna be good but always unhappy, but i got sneijder from them for £4.9m as he was transfer listed.

what is it with real madrid they want all my players, theyve even enquired about matias fernandez!!!

now im stuck with a huge hole in the centre of my defence, i might go after de silvestre and move richards into the middle

not doing so good with leeds im going to start a new game with spurs. The players spurs have signed and looking at their team it looks interesting so im going to start with them. Im going to keep my leeds game so i can go back to it when i want and hopefully turn around a bad bit of form. Good luck

not doing so good with leeds im going to start a new game with spurs. The players spurs have signed and looking at their team it looks interesting so im going to start with them. Im going to keep my leeds game so i can go back to it when i want and hopefully turn around a bad bit of form. Good luck

stick by them, ive found when leeds have a bad run, it seems to last ages. ive bid £16m for silvestre, but ill pay what i need to. Also the cheek of them, there now registered as int in ben arfa, and with him they have no chance on earth as he and saivet are my best two by a mile. im starting to get annoyed with banega who is inconsistant and spends most of the time suspended

Finished my 3rd season. 5th in Premier League, won League Cup, FA Cup (1:1 with Chelski, won on pens), and reached UEFA Final (lost 2:3 to Roma).

I was given 32M transfer budget for my 4th season, but spent only 3.5M on Marko Marin and 3.6M on Atienza Pichu as i feel my squad has depth required. Schwechlen came on bosman also.

First game of the season - Charity Shield against title holders Man Utd. 2:2 after full time (Micheal Woods and Alex Teixera scored) but wond penalty shoot-out 4:3 on the end icon_smile.gif

Stancu ruined bags of chances so i decided to put Zeefuik in the starting IX for the next game, Tottenham away. We were playing well creating lots of chances but couldnt convert them in goals. Was 1:0 down, brought Baxter on around 60th minute and he scored an equalizer on the last minute of the match and secured man of the match award lol! Now, after 7 games got 19 points, top of the league and Baxter has 8 goals in 7 games and 5 MOM!!

Starting IX:

GK: Preston Edwards/Jourdren

RB: Garry Bocaly/ belgian regen

DC: Breno / Samardzic

DC: Cathcart / Atienza Pichu

DL: Brayan Angulo / Schwechlen / swedish regen

DMC: Camacho / Jimmy Pearce (brillant regen)

MC: Michael Woods / Marko Marin / Josh Wright

AMR: Gabriel Torje / Wijnaldum (rotating)

AML: Aquino / Wijnaldum / Warner (regen)

AMC: Alex Teixera / Marko Marin

FC: Jose Baxter / Zeefuik / Stancu

At least 10 of my players are constant targets of the bigger clubs ie: Arsenal, Juve, Inter, Barca, Milan, Chelsea, Valencia etc. Thats really annoying cos they make enquires and offers even when i said the player is not available for sale and i won't accept any offers!! So far, has the biggest offer for Breno of 21.5M. Why the hell they cant realize the fact i WONT sell him ??? Very annoying.

I can get Micah Richgards for 26M. Hes usettled and unhappy with his manager. Shall i sign him ?

Im not too sure cos of his average positioning. Its something like 13 or 14. He was ace on 2007 but i remember his positioning and concentration stats were better. On the other side hes english, young and got continental reputation so would be big player signing for me. What's his best position ? RB or CB ?Looking forward your replies.

I can get Micah Richgards for 26M. Hes usettled and unhappy with his manager. Shall i sign him ?

Im not too sure cos of his average positioning. Its something like 13 or 14. He was ace on 2007 but i remember his positioning and concentration stats were better. On the other side hes english, young and got continental reputation so would be big player signing for me. What's his best position ? RB or CB ?Looking forward your replies.

definately, i paid £35m for him at the start of my 5th season. ive found his best position is dc.

I know people have already mentioned names but...

who should I get for the Championship dependant on how much money I get?

I know le tallec is a must.

Ive got 2 games left and I'm 2nd 3 points behind forest who are top and I'm level on points but have a better goal difference than southend - I would like to think I will finish 2nd as forest have better goal diff.

my team after jan is

gk krul loan

rb ifil loan

rcb hobbs/heath

lcb huntington

lb smith/parker

rm peters/prutton

rcm douglas rinaldi 170k from wolves reserves

lcm da costa/nafti 80k from brum

Lm Zemar phillips 6k from watford? good but bad attitude

RF delgado/beckford

LF Parks