FM08 - Official Leeds United Thread ''-15 and we'll still go up!''

bazblock

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by GeesusChrist:

I know people have already mentioned names but...

who should I get for the Championship dependant on how much money I get?

I know le tallec is a must.

Ive got 2 games left and I'm 2nd 3 points behind forest who are top and I'm level on points but have a better goal difference than southend - I would like to think I will finish 2nd as forest have better goal diff.

my team after jan is

gk krul loan

rb ifil loan

rcb hobbs/heath

lcb huntington

lb smith/parker

rm peters/prutton

rcm douglas rinaldi 170k from wolves reserves

lcm da costa/nafti 80k from brum

Lm Zemar phillips 6k from watford? good but bad attitude

RF delgado/beckford

LF Parks

douglas rinaldi has been awesome - shame hes 28 really

any help would be appreciated greatly

Aquino - AML/FC - absolute legend for my team, signed him for 1.7M + clauses, unsettled icon_biggrin.gif

Michael Woods - irreplaceable CM, his creating loads of chances, very intelligent player still hard working though. His teamwork is brillant. Signed him for around 3M iirc.

Alex Teixera if you can get him, awesome AMC, can play everywhere in midfield tbf.

I can post player screenies when i get back home. So far top of the league in november 4th season, defeated Man Utd at Old Trafford 2:0 icon_biggrin.gif Finally!

3rd season and managed to beat Villa in the LC Final. The Board were pleased. PLEASED! Ungrateful gits. By the way, does that get me in to Europe because my position in the prem won't icon_mad.gif

However not seen too many posts about Isiah Osbourne and Damien Plessis, both midfielders, who have played nearly every game and done pretty well. Others who have been a let down are Babel (season long loan), Michael Ball, Stephen Carr and Aaritilo who seems to be rated by some but hasn't done that much for me, despite paying £8.5m for him from Reading.

Bought Sturridge from City and he is far and away the best striker. Shaleum Logan is showing loads of promise.

Team

Jourdren

Hoyte (loan)

Logan

Marques

Huntingdon

Babel

Plessis

Osbourne

Aarilito

Sturridge

Haynes

Subs

Angkeren

Richardson

Parker

Douglas

Paco Esteban

Originally posted by Buckoh:

3rd season and managed to beat Villa in the LC Final. The Board were pleased. PLEASED! Ungrateful gits. By the way, does that get me in to Europe because my position in the prem won't icon_mad.gif

However not seen too many posts about Isiah Osbourne and Damien Plessis, both midfielders, who have played nearly every game and done pretty well. Others who have been a let down are Babel (season long loan), Michael Ball, Stephen Carr and Aaritilo who seems to be rated by some but hasn't done that much for me, despite paying £8.5m for him from Reading.

Bought Sturridge from City and he is far and away the best striker. Shaleum Logan is showing loads of promise.

Team

Jourdren

Hoyte (loan)

Logan

Marques

Huntingdon

Babel

Plessis

Osbourne

Aarilito

Sturridge

Haynes

Subs

Angkeren

Richardson

Parker

Douglas

Paco Esteban

Yes, winning League Cup gives you EURO spot icon_smile.gif Congratulations Buckoh!

Well 2 seasons and two promotions..Now for the struggle of my life !!

I'm thinking season 3 is going to be the hardest..Any tips for players who can hold theire own in the Prem ?

My team currently is...

Jourden

Angulo (but very unhappy and wants to leave)

Huntington

Rafael Foster

Botinelli

Banega / Zola

Howson / Bocaly

Piatti

Buananotte

Torje / Sburlea

Stancu / Le Tallec

I'm most worried about the defence...Have done me proud in L1 & Championship, but may struggle now

Help appreciated...

just loading up now - I forgot to mention that I'm signing anderson silva from everton for 80k coming in the summer as too is mate for free!!!

Im gunna try and loan krul again for gk cause I don't think ankergren is good enough

we shall see how much money I get - who would you sell?

thats w**k pereirra isn't on my game even though I have most of the leagues loaded who can I get now, and is parks and delgado good enough - delgado is 33 should I sell him?

thats w**k pereirra isn't on my game even though I have most of the leagues loaded who can I get now, and is parks and delgado good enough - delgado is 33 should I sell him?

i might of spelt it wrong, its pereira from villareal.

Just finished my 5th season and finished 4th again. won the fa cup again, went out the league cup in the 4th round and lost in the champions league semis to sevilla, despite getting past real madrid and ac milan in previos rounds. very happy with my season and just been offered a new contract.

arsenal are at it again, bidding for ustari and richards but ive resisted there beds as i dont need the money this time, and barca just bid £29.5m for ben arfa, i negotiated to £50m and didnt come back which im glad about. My club is loaded with £180m in the bank, last season i made £96m in merchandising. despite all that money my trnasfer fund is still £0m until mid june when i will hopefully get a nice new budget.

Im going to sell coloccini, and i want a replacement for him, someone who is younger, another cm and a striker.

denilson is my main target from arsenal, and if i get him banega will go.

for striker im not sure, fred is interested but hes 28, so i might wait until a big star is available as im not going to panic buy as im happy with my players and qualigliara (sp) is coming in on a free.

i might get menez if liverpool let him go cheap as he doesnt really play for them.

Saivet was my star again finishing top scorer for me and in the league with 28 league goals, and now worth £21.5m.

i would love essien despite his age, but he aint interested and chelsea wont sell as ive just tried to bid anyway.

starting off with Leeds i bought Brian Shelly for 50k in the Irish League and he has turned out to be a great defender.

Also Drogheda in the Irish League have a great Finnish GK you can get him for dirt cheap he has been playing extremely well for me also and is my first choice keeper.

Cheesr for that Pope of Pot - I was wondering about that as I want to get my hands on a bit Of Geesus' loot! And I've got Haynes in the Prem in the Jan transfer window and in the first 5 games he's scored 3, so not a disaster.

I can get Michael Johnson (starts at Man City) for 10M from Bayern. He has Leeds listed as a favourite club. Shall i go for him ?

Im in the end of january 4th season, 10,2M transfer budget.

Not sure if i need him though.

Got Michael Woods, Marko Marin, Wijnaldum, Josh Wright and Camacho who can all play in MC position. What do you think ??

got given a £102m budget!!!!!!! and expected to qualify for europe.

I sold iago straight on for £5.25m after getting him on a free.

I still havent signed anyone or gave into any offers yet.

i bid on c ronaldo for a laugh, they wanted £96m!!!!! i offered him a contract and he said that he couldnt accept the length but wanted to continue negotiations, but i cancelled there.

Ive id up to £25m for denilson and there still rejecting, so hes a no goer.

I started again because I felt violated that after getting the team up I got a measley 900k and when I asked for more money, smurf rejected and when I gave an ultimatum I got sacked, ungrateful old git

so I started another with alot of nations loaded up instead of leagues and this time refrained from spending loads of money and relied on free transfers, low costing players and loans.

ive brought in: -

kalla on a free

some guy called ryan woods young Lm on a free bojan djordic on a free

johan cavalli lcm - pretty versatile on a free

parks on a free

Peters loan

Haynes loan

jason jarrett 16k

darren kenton 85k

another youngster for free called alan kearney havent played him though - few too many left wingers

sold westlake for 180k thats it

any tips how to sell for as much money as possible?

I didn't change their status' and it worked for westlake

got on the list

weston who should go anyway

thompson

kandol

flo

constantine

carole

heath

I've just started a game with leeds, i left the expectation at mid-table and will try not to spend too much before start off season as i want to keep finances in order if the squad needs strengthning in Jan or at end of season.

Loans will be the key to my success. Have secured Danny Haynes on loan and looking to buying Peter Murphy as LB position is weak and he is good at attacking.

Also had a master stroke by getting Liverpool as my parent club and they have sent me Duran and El Zhar on loan.

bojan djordic is quite good as well on a free

djibril diawara on a free as well isn't too bad either,

just trying a new tactic at the moment that my mate got off another site so far Ive won 3 (league) lost 1 (4-0 against liverpool in League cup)

beat carlisle 2-1 at home

beat swansea 3-1 at home

beat donny 3-2 away

ill try and post it at some point but its a quite gung ho ish 4-1-2-2-1

lucas

kenton Kalla Huntington emmanuel

Diawara

Peters Djordic

Da Costa/Howsen Cavalli

Haynes/Parks

There are up arrows 1 place on the full backs DM and the 2 AMCs. there are arrows from the wingers to the striker so they curve round.

theres loads of little bits adjusted for instance only the striker has shoot from distance on normal, everyone else is on rarely

can anyone tell me how I post the tactic?

Don't you love this game? On Wednesday the 6th Round FA Cup reply at ER against Chelsea where we were given no chance by the press resulted in a flukey 1 - 0 win. On Saturday, the same 2 teams in the Prem still at ER and we get thumped 3 - 0. I'm being advised to change my underwear on the addictiveness rating. Where are others up to, especially those 15 seasons in?

Ive just won the charity shield beating chelsea 3-1 despite going a goal down, new signing quagliara (sp) got mom on his debut hitting a brace.

I bid up to £28m for denilson and they still rejected so ill leave him, i bid on fabregas they wanted £95m!!!! i was prepared to pay up to £50m.

So far i still havent spent anything of my budget, so im looking at silva, messi and ronaldo to see if i can agree a silly fee and offer a silly contract, i did it with ronaldo after agreeing £96m with them for a laugh, offered him a contract but he said that he cant accept the length of the contract but wanted to continue with negotiations......but i werent paying that so hopefully ill be able to get silva for about £60m and offer silly wages, but i doubt ill get him.

Arsenal have just splashed some cash, £49.5m on jesus navas and £18m on gyan! there gonna be good this year

Originally posted by carlleeds999:

Arsenal have just splashed some cash, £49.5m on jesus navas and £18m on gyan! there gonna be good this year

No need to worry about Navas, he will get homesick after about a week and start going AWOL! Gyan, however, will probably be immense.

Originally posted by Buckoh:

Tricky. Near the end of the third season and Wenger has just been sacked for being 2nd. Arsenal have offered me the job and an 111 million transfer budget, but they're not Leeds are they?

Too easy. Stick with your Leeds team, it will give you much greater satisfaction in the long run!

Originally posted by GeesusChrist:

hmmm got a problem, forgot in the transfer window to check peter mate and hes joining rosenberg now so I need ideas for centre backs for if and when i get promoted.

any help will be greatly appreciated

Do you mean promoted to the Championship? When I got promoted first season, I signed El-Mourabet from Nantes for £350k. He's still my best defender and I'm half way thru my first season in the Prem. Also Andy Butler can be got for about £200k.

el mourabet on my game now is a france regualr, i was i got him when i had the chance.

On my game i won the first 6 games in a row, then lost to chelsea, now joint 1st with them.

in the champions league i drew 2-2 with fenerbace, they scored two goals in the 90th min, i was so annoyed.

still didnt sign anyone, but ive noticed that ramos and benzema are both unhappy so im trying to agree fees for them two.

Originally posted by carlleeds999:

el mourabet on my game now is a france regualr, i was i got him when i had the chance.

On my game i won the first 6 games in a row, then lost to chelsea, now joint 1st with them.

in the champions league i drew 2-2 with fenerbace, they scored two goals in the 90th min, i was so annoyed.

still didnt sign anyone, but ive noticed that ramos and benzema are both unhappy so im trying to agree fees for them two.

What's your team looking like now?

Has Arsenal's Navas started moaning about being homesick yet? LOL.

T.V.

not yet, but he hasnt really played well for them, there sitting 5th at the min.

my starting line up is

gk - ustari

dr - de silvestri

dl - taiwo

dc - bocaly

dc - richards

mr - sneijder

ml - ben arfa

mc - mikel

mc - fernandez

st - pereira

st - saivet

subs - kirkland, coloccini, sakho, leto, banega, qualigerella, stancu, then ive got 2 other good players but forgot there names.

id love benzema alongside saivet even though pereira is a goal machine, but to add that extra quality to take me up to the next level. Ramos for more defensive cover and id like a really dominant central midfielder but im getting quoted silly prices for players, £96m for fabreags, £20m + for toulalan whos 29, chelsea wont sell essien.

I keep agreeing a fee with valencia for silva but he rejects the contract, hopefully ill unsettle him and get him, then at least have a major signing for one one the wings...the £106m i have left is burning a hole in my pocket.

I have just agreed to sign anderson from man u for £5.5m, dont really need him but he looks good, they never play him hardly, ive been tracking him for ages and soon as he came transfer listed i pounced straight in there. he wont be coming until jan though

This has got be the most useful post on the net..so many players and tactics for leeds so i thought i would give it a go, i did start as england manager but dennis wise got sacked from leeds in february of the 1st season so i took over and managed to finish 2nd in league 1..3 points of huddersfield. wise did manage to sign Marcus Williams,Rocco Quinn and Danny Senda so it was a half decent side for league 1..i got given £6m in the championship and sold J.Beckford for £2m and A.Thompson for £500k and D.Prutton for £500k so i had £9m in my transfer kitty..i bought in some top quality players..Cameron Jerome (£1.2m..B'ham got relegated from prem)..Gary McSheffery (£1.5m)..Tom Soares (£2.5m..im a palace fan so i had to sign him =P)..A young keeper from liverpool for £575k..Hamalanien for £875k..Steve Lovell (Free)..Scott Cuthbert (Loan) and my best signing was Luis Jiminez from Terrana for £2.4m...ive just started life in the championship and lost 3-2 away to preston with Cameron Jerome getting a brace on his debut..was wondering if any1 with and Championship experience with leeds could post a useful tactic?

would also like to upload my team if any1 could tell me how to upload a picture??

first you need to press Prt Scrn on the desired picture - then you need to go to paint and paste it, then save it to wherever you can find it when you go to something like imageshack.com and click on browse then find the pic and then you highlight the address and past it on your reply on here - I think thats right

dont know how to post a screenshot, ive tried it before and got one to work then the rest went wrong and havent tried it since. I always stick to a 442 with passing out wide, always does well for me, but i buy players to suit that formation. Tinker around in your tactics screen and ask your assistant for a team report in that formation, that should give you an indication what formation your players will suit.

Archived