FM08 - Official Leeds United Thread ''-15 and we'll still go up!''

bazblock

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ill try and send you it if you know how mate - the tactic that is

pereira is on my list as he can play attacking midfielder naturally as well, doubt ill get saivet as well though, depends on budget but ill try, haynes has been awesome so dunno whether to try and spend money on him cause he is gunna cost a lot

i should be able to get hobbs on a free, dunno if kalla will be able to step up

anderson silva - for about 45k hopefully - 44 clubs interested so i dunno

le tallec if hes interested but my mate got routledge on a free so ill try and get him - danns looks the part and a steal for 150k

just started a game as leeds but it crashed i couldnt sign the usual players like piatti, torje aaitlio(hes not on my game), mihelic none of them are/where interested. i had signed goulbourne, haynes on loans and kalla on a free need a good rightwinger and cm. might have a look at thiago ronaldo.

i have 800k who would be a good signing for cm.

nice one just as I quit the game on the 10th of july I thought I would try and ask for more money so i saved it, then asked and now I have 4.8 million to spend - should get pereira now! woohoo!

got le tallec - routledges contract expires on 2009 - on a free but hes injured for 4 months

haynes cant come on loan

signing a couple of youngster released from various clubs

cant sell anyone at the mo, might sell kalla, nearly sold him to palace 150k but he rejected them.

gunna hopefully get pereira for 1.8 million so 3 million for other players, any suggestions?

trying to sign schwarzer on a free and some spanish guy for the net, also had loan offers accepted for philip ifil and carlos vela - kenton is injured with a broken leg for another 2 months or so

looking ok played anderlect and I was unlucky to draw 1-1 then I lost 1-0 to Celtic which I probs just about deserved to lose although I easily had the best chances besides the goal

pereira is a bargain for that price - he only needs one more league goal for me to make it 100, in just over 4 seasons! plus loads in other comps, and he was injured a few times last season...but he did take a couple of months to settle in, but once he started he hasnt stopped scoring.

have a look at bocaly, not sure if hed be interested, and see if merida is available hes good for that league

Just started a game as Leeds.

I've sold off Flo, Alan Thompson and Westlake, and brought in Wade Small, Chris Shuker, Peter Murphy, Lewis Emanuel, Malcolm Christie and Simon Francis. Loaned in David Martin from Liverpool (parent club), Jamie O'Hara and Jaime Peters.

Still planning on getting in another quality forward in on loan, and maybe one or two more defenders. Pre-season a bit mixed: won one, drew one and lost one, with Sheffield Wednesday and Heerenveen still to play.

agreed a fee for toulalan but he didnt want to come, but have a deal confirmed for ramos....£31.5m for him, its alot but i need a quality defender and someone who can play cb and rb.

Ive also got a deal lined up for a regen from bordeux, £32m!!!!!! hes 20 years old, never seen him until i played them i looked on his stats. He is valued at £6.5m and been banging them in. i sent my scouts out to see him and they said sign him at all costs. the price is a bit high for someone with no caps but looks awesome. 6'3'', finishing, strength, heading, jumping etc all above 18 already and quite quick, hes very similar to drogba but looks like he could be better, cant wait till the window opens.

hey conference north if your after a loan striker look no further than haynes, and if you haven't downloaded the patch yet, loan daniel sturridge as in a 442 default but with the wingers arrows pushed as far forward as poss they both got 34 goals each - somehow marvin williams got 41 but hey cant grumble.

it might be too late now but winston parks is a very good left centre forward that you can pick up for free at the beginning of the season.

lewis emanuel is classed as a good player for the championship as well - peters is very good for league 1 as well and if jamie o'hara is as good as he was on the last fm he should be s**t hot but I never managed to get him

raymond kalla is immense in league 1, if its not too late you can pick him up on a free at the start, kenton is good for right back and you can get him for around 85k even though his value is about 120k

if you cant get kalla try and get hobbs on loan if its not too late.

quick update

vela didn't want to come icon_frown.gif

ive got philip ifil on loan as kenton is still out with a broken leg

got schwarzer - middlesbrough keeper for free

got hobbs on free

got danny murphy on a free 31 but got decent stats classed as a quality player

got bruno berner on a free DLC 30 but decent stats

gunna get rid of jarrett cause Ive no-where to play him and its taking him ages to develop into a defensive midfielder so 55k coming my way a whole 39k profit

villarreal accepted my bid for pereira but he had no intention of coming so I praised him and now I'm trying again

tried to sign haynes but they wanted 4.7 million which is all but 100k of my budget - parks is only worth 425k at the mo so cant exactly raise the funds unless I sell djordic, da costa or huntington all about 1.5 million each

should get el-mourabet for 525k as recommended by you guys requested 7k so I gave him that as no-one else has bid for him.

Ive just had a bid of 1.6m accepted plus a 20% sell on clause for bocaly - these 2 should pave the way for kalla as he is 33 now should I get bocaly but yet to find out if he is interested cause I only matched what they want for him

well just found out he wants £19,500 a week but the most I can offer is £16.500, he wants 45k sign on fee so Ive offered 500k sign on - probably a bit much but at least he is interested

Just started a game as leeds in january in season 1 at the min team is...

GK Vilmunnen/Ankergen

RB Drouin 30k

LB Flores Free

CB Wheater Loan

CB Huntington

DM Mhlongo

MR Wissick 20k great siging from dutch 2nd divison side

ML Mihelic 100k/ Adam Johnson on loan

AM Buonatte 20k

FC Parks Free

FC Agyemang Loan

Also have Dalla Valle, Sabic, Grendel, Ganea, Prso, Siging Laffor in jan,

Sold off Westake, Kandol, Flo, Constantine, Hughes, Heath and Derry

Agyemangs value has shot up to £1.3mil as he has 15 in 22 so looking for another striker to bring in at the end of the season

Originally posted by GeesusChrist:

should get el-mourabet for 525k as recommended by you guys requested 7k so I gave him that as no-one else has bid for him.

That's a good deal icon14.gif

Third season (my first in the Premiership) and he is solid. He got injured for a month and I struggled defensively - so glad to have him back!!

well i got him big t and he said that he is using my team as a stepping stone to bigger and better things -obviously that didn't impress the fans just gunna play for an hour or 2 see what happens - pereira wont come so Im trying to loan him now, ill let you know what happens

pereira doesn't want to come, hes not interested, not even on loan so I payed 4mil for haynes plus 900k after 30 goals, Im glad I did because I was struggling for goals and haynes has come in and after 3 games without scoring he bagged 4 in 6-2 win against plymouth I think (I'm at the girlfriends so I cant check) and then got 1 in each of the next 2 games as well,

tried to sell kalla and cavalli - said cavalli was my 5th best attacking midfielder and is worth 400k, no-one wanted either of them though, might try in january to loan pereira, but it just said sparta prague had bid for him so Its not looking good.

I think bocaly went elsewhere as I couldn't offer enough money

el-mourabet has been poor for me - a few 5 more and 6s than 7 and 8s

my main problem has been my right midfield position - as I said le tallec was injured when I signed him on a free, then danns got injured for 2 month then shortly afterwards prutton got injured as well - this time for a month so I've had to rely on howson who has been converted into a right midfielder, my results have shown due to this as I drew and lost a few games buts danns came back and I've been winning games now.

another plus is kenton is back in contention but I'm not sure who to play because the team report from ass man says richardson is my best right back - but he also says parks is my best striker, which obviously isn't true!!! Also I've got Ifil on loan and despite his decent profile - he tends to lose the ball far too easily i.e. dwell with the ball and someone take it off him.

this was a joke...

cant remember who it was that I played but I drew 3-3 with them after been 3-1 up - some guy called leon britton (bought from swansea I think) scored 2 - now I'm not sure what his profile is like but on mne he has finishing of 4 and longshots of 4 - both his goals were scorchers from 20 yards out and 1 off the post - as if man.

anyway let me know what you think about the right back situation if you can please fellas

cheers GC

they wanted £40m + for him this time round so i thought forget that. i ended up signing benzema for £30.5m instead, but so far hes done nothing. I ended up selling bocaly to barcelona for £19.5m, they kept bidding all the time and i thought that was a good price for someone who would now sit on the bench now ramos is here. anderson also got sent off on his debut. But doing well, sitting second behind arsenal. its a 3 horse race with leeds, chelsea and arsenal up there, 4th place is 14 points behind.........i went out of the fa cup in the 3rd round, board werent happy but im in the final of the league cup

Originally posted by carlleeds999:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">anyway let me know what you think about the right back situation if you can please fellas

cheers GC

right back is a position i struggled with. i would play richardson there as he isnt too bad </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah Richardson is alright there.. I also retrained him to play left back aswell so he provides good cover for me in the Prem. Currently got Marvin Angulo at right back for home games and Justin Hoyte for away games.

Season 4. Turned down Arsenal job, and the transfer budget of £111m for a crack at some silverware with the boys. Am in the CL 3rd qualifying round having finished 3rd, and was expecting a decent budget. In the end had to say I was going to challenge for the title to get £33m out of the board. Have blown it all on Stancu, Lulinha, Stephan Pienaar, Ryan Babel, Pennant (on a free), Christiansen (the Sweden keeper) and a Brazilian striker called Cacau. Signed an Argentinian centre back called Abraham on a season long loan from Reading, who got relegated last season.

Still have Huntingdon, Parker, Howson and Richardson from the original team.

Have no idea what the best formation is and will rue the fact that I haven't strengthened the back line. My opening friendly was 4 - 4 with Wolves then lost 2 - 1 away to Murcia. Clean sheets are going to be a problem!

i needs some help!

i always start football manager as leeds as i am a life long fan. i can normally get them premoted and winning, but not this time i just cant do it.

does anyone have any tips such as formations or players to sign or anything that may help as you guys seem to be in the know.

Go back through these pages and you'll find plenty of player recommendations for League One and The Championship. As for formations, well 442 works for most, but with the players you'll pick up at the start you should be able to use a few different variations and do well. For me, I've found that away matches against tough teams require 5 at the back and a defensive attitude, and at home you can be a bit more attacking unless playing a top team. Should see you ok.

i think im going out of the chapions league at the first knockout stage, higuin destroyed my team with his running....that guy is immense. not doing too bad in the league sitting in 3rd, 5 off the top but at least 13 clear of 4th with 12 games to go. benzema has been disappointing for £30.5m!!!! i wish i went for fred

just started my leeds today. so far played 7 won 7, including a carling cup win over stoke icon_cool.gif

GK - Ankergren

RB - Paul Quinn (£240k)

LB - Julian Bennett (250k)

CB - Heath

CB - Huntington

RW - Kasper Hamalainen (£400k - Quality!!)

LW - Mika Aaritalo (£800k)/ Fillipe de Costa

MC - David Prutton/Jonathan Douglas

MC - Alan Thompson/Matty Pattison (Loan)

FC - Malcolm Christie (free)

FC - Constantine/Flo/Beckford/Aaritalo

got rid of westlake, hughes and weston.

cant stop scoring at the moment!

Guest dannylad2008

Just got promoted to the championship in my first season, had to do it through the playoffs though... Beckford has been amazing for me, had him and Kevin Phillips up the top with da costa and howson behind them.. Angrekan got injured half way throgh the season so i brought in jake cole from qpr and he was good as well!

Dwight Yorke got player of the year and ive got Lee Carlsey, Andy Cole, and Jimmy floyd coming beggining of next season, any reccomendations?

right I have a problem - my tactic seems useless against decent sides - i.e prem and relegated prem sides - i just got beat 7-4 by sunderland after been 8 matches unbeaten and won the last 5 on the trot. so against league 1 and championship teams its awesome as I'm the top scorers again but I'm conceding left right and centre - haynes has 28 goals in 31 appearances and theres about 12 games to go

I think theres a strong chance I will get promoted so what I need is a tactic that is going to get me through tough games and then probs permanent for if I get in the prem.

If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it

my strongest team I think is: -

gk schwarzer - dont think hes good enough for the prem

Dr Ifil Loan

DRC el-mourabet/hobbs

DLC Huntington

DL Berner

DMC Anderson silva/derry when Andsilv injured

MR Le Tallec

ML Merida loan/da costa/Djordic

AMRC Danns

AMLC Murphy/Cavalli/Da Costa

FC Haynes/parks as sub

I think its a good enough team to go up - what do you guys think?

I only survived in the Prem in the first season after promotion by mixing up the tactics. Against the top 6 teams, I had a 5 - 3 - 2 defensive mentality at home and a 5 - 3 - 1 - 1 defensive away, tried to keep it tight and got a mix of 1 - 0 defeats or wins, and a few draws, but avoided big thumpings. Against the rest it was a 4 - 4 - 2 with a wide setting, but I varied the mentality a lot depending on playing home / away and how near the top the opposition were. Stayed up with that, then you get some cash to start building a team that can be a little more ambitious.

well done buckoh the first season is always the hardest.

in my game just went out to real madrid in the quarter finals of the champions league.

Ive just transfer listed and sold benzema to juve for £29.5m!, i brought him 2 months ago for £31.5m. alot of you will be asking why i sold him, but i just thought that i dont really want him and gonna go for someone else, plus he hasnt played great for me so far and misses loads of chances.

gonna also sell banega, mikel, coloccini, quagliarella, assulin in the summer and have a big rebuild so i can really go for the title next year. ive got £89m in the budget so with those sales i should be able to bring in the extra quality to challenge. im comfortably 3rd this season with 10 games left

Good effort Carl, you do seem to have horrendous amounts of cash to spend. Mikel won't come to me, despite Chelsea accepting numerous offers. I've tried to butter him up. Think I'm going to focus on Michael Johnson, who at present is at Seville but should cost around £10m. But I do need a decent central defender as a 36 year old Sami Hyppia isn't the answer!

hoppy the players I got were: -

haynes loan - SC

lewis emanuel - 120k DL/ML

peters - loan AMRL

raymond kalla - free DC

Kenton 85k - less than his value but they should accept DRLC

Winston Parks Free SC

jason jarrett MC 16k

Johan Cavalli AMLC free

Djibril Diarra DC/DMC Free

bojan Djordic AMLC free

I got offered neil danns for 150k - get him no matter what cause he is brilliant - my vice captain at the mo

right I'm in the playoff final against wolves after finishing 6th quite comfortably in the end.

I had wigan who finished 3rd

Home leg

Leeds 5 - Danns (3) backs up what I said about him

Anderson silva - lucky deflected goal

Haynes

Wigan 1 - Heskey

Away Leg

Wigan 1 - munteanu

Leeds 2 - Haynes (2) and missed pen

just got to win this - hopefully My form will go into the final

OOOOOOHHHHHHH YYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Just beat wolves 4-1 after going 1-0 down thanks to eastwood

haynes equalised and djordic put me 2-1 up 10 minutes after - 2-1 at half time

I took off djordic and howsen after 60mins or so and put on murphy and da costa on - murphy CLEARLY scored but it said that matt murray (GK) scored an own goal to make it 3-1 and then haynes scored in the 92nd minute WOOHOO!!!

Right question is now who is good enough for the prem in my current team - it is: -

Goalkeepers

schwarzer

O'brien - regen I got from rangers for 3k fantastic

Alan martin - starting to improve

Lund - been on loan at my feeder club both seasons

edwards - showing some promise

Lucas - was my keeper for 1st season but no good now - trying to get rid

Defenders

Kalla - off on a free

Huntington

Berner - 31 now gunna need a replacement

Emanuel - not really good enough

Parker - injured with cruciate ligaments

Richardson

Kenton - think ill get rid now he is 30

El-mourabet - turned out to be good in the end thanks guys

Hobbs - not done very well for me

Ross wilkinson - looks like improving but injury prone

Defensive midfielders

Anderson Silva - best passer in the league 85%

Derry - too old now gunna get rid

Garrett from stoke - young got promise and his only game in the entire season was in the playoff final

Central midfielders

feel I may need them for this season as my tactic is not very affective against prem sides so may revert to 4-4-2

Prutton not sure about him - improved a bit towards the end of the season

Matthew bailey

Matthew Wells 2 youngsters that I signed on free

Oliver Hotchkiss - the key areas are decent but every other stat isnt very good

Danns - I think he will be good enough

Attacking midfielders

Da Costa - hasn't improved at all yet

Howson - looks like he is gunna be great

Cavalli - is good but not sure if good enough for prem

murphy - 32 now may look to sell

brian byrne got for free - not bad

wingers

Le tallec - best average rating in the league only behind billy sharp of sheff and that was only because of him getting 2 7s in the last 2 games of the season

djordic - hasn't played as many games this season but always seems to provide a great delivery for the strikers

Da costa - I played him on the left as well

junior brown - youngster I got for free from crewe - showing some improvement

seb carole - hes going at end of season already

Strikers

Haynes - What can I say 44 and 2 sub appearances in the league and 43 goals - top scorer by some margin and 13 assists and 12 MOMs to go with it

Parks - always does well but doesnt grab as many goals as a lone striker - usually gets important goals, played him in DM by accident once and he was awesome so I'm trying to convert him

Beckford - played a handful of games and got 5 goals in 1 game but he has agreed to go to leyton orient

Constantine - releasing at end of the season

tom elliott - youngster

billy Mckay - freebie from leicester - good prospect

thats pretty much who I've got - hopefully I'll get a decent budget as I set up a link with some chinese side called Nanying I think.

we shall see

cheers carl ive got 21 million to spend - ive bid on: -

pereira

saivet

bocaly

steven ven heeton free

dorsin

raul medina free

ormedis madera

Yassin moutaouakil

ariza makukula free

aritz solabarietta free

francisco javier tarantino

assimiou toure

michael woods

anyone else you think?

the top 3 are a must and build your future on them. look at miekl at chelsea as i got him on a free after offering him a contract about 20 times. Scott sinclair, banega, sakho. your not going to have the financial power to compete with anyone really so survival is the key first season. look at youngsters who will be great and add as you get the money

I cant get mikel as he signed until 2012

theyre wanting 8 million upfront for bocaly

Ive signed dorsin LB for 4.1 mil and geovanni for 300k

also got that defender from hearts on a free, cant remember his name

looks like I'm gunna get pereira for about 2 million

trying to get saivet but they're holding out

probs gunna get woods for 3 million

I cant get them all - saivet there asking for 10 million

signed a defender who my scout said would be a quality signing

I got saivet and now I'm trying to claw some money back selling players who I don't think are good enough

the defender looks good except his pace is 7 but his positioning is 18 so

alan martin has gone to scunny for 550k

brian byrne is gunna go to bristol city for 630k

got some spanish guy on free transfer midway through last season and it said to offload him so I got 1.8 million for him

I desparately need a new keeper - dont think schwarzer will be good enough, it only shows 2 stars

my team then for new season

gk schwarzer/O'brien

Dr Toure/castelon? signed on a free from alaves

Drc El-Mourabet/Huntington

Dlc spanish guy - I'm at my mates cant remember his name

Dl dorsin/berner

Mr Le Tallec/Geovanni

Mrc Woods/howson/ danns

Mlc Anderson Silva/raul Medina/ cavalli

Ml Djordic - needs replacing / da costa

Src makukula/Saivet

Slc Pereira/Haynes

do you think it will be enough to survive?

I forgot to tell you guys how much I spent on each player

toure 1.1 plus add 500k ithink after 30 appearances

Garcia I think was 4 million plus 1million after 30 appearances

Dorsin 4.1 million plus 500k i think after 30 appearances

castelon? free

geovanni 300k

Woods 3 million plus 1 million after 30 apps

medina free

makukula free

Pereira 2.2 plus 500k after 30 apps

Saivet 8.5 million in the end

made about 7 million on sales.

Just finished my first season with Leeds. Finished 2nd to Swansea and won the Johnstone's Paint Trophy, beating the League One winners on penalties.

Daniel Sturridge and Benjelloun (both on loan) have been a lethal strike force. Also brought in Marlet and Barazite, who formed part of a great midfield.

Only signing made in January was Darren Pratley from Swansea for 250k, and he's looking to be a goodie.

Archived