FM08 - Official Leeds United Thread ''-15 and we'll still go up!''

bazblock

Ian have you downloaded the patch - If not then you were spot on to get sturridge but you should've got haynes as well - If its not too late you could've picked up anthony le tallec on a free from liverpool if they released him

bruno berner was a quality left back I found and he was free but not sure how good he is before the patch

Hoppy - what tactic are you using at the moment?

raymond kalla is great for the 1st season and darren kenton isn't too bad either for right back - I bought lewis emanuel for left back for 120k - he was good for league 1 but not too good in championship

Ive decided to load up from just after winning the playoffs as I know my team isnt good enough when I get beat 4-0 by derby who have kenny miller and darius vassell up front - so but I'm not having that so other than bocaly, saivet and pereira, who else should I try to bring in who is at least a good player for the prem (not decent cause that was basically my whole team) - definately need a left midfielder

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you know how to post tactics, I mean the link for the tactics so you can download it I will send you the tactics that got me s**t loads of goals in league 1 and the championship - I cant just post it because all the players have individual instuctions as well

other than that a standard 4-4-2 not touched seems to work well for other people but if you can get my tactic it is fantastic when you anhialate (sp) teams

In my 2 seasons I played I scored a total of 269 goals - the downside is that because it is a bit gung ho I have conceded 152

ve decided to load up from just after winning the playoffs as I know my team isnt good enough when I get beat 4-0 by derby who have kenny miller and darius vassell up front - so but I'm not having that so other than bocaly, saivet and pereira, who else should I try to bring in who is at least a good player for the prem (not decent cause that was basically my whole team) - definately need a left midfielder

for left midfield look at leto at liverpool, he is usually transfer listed or contract running out, and is class on the game, very under rated by people. Also look at kewell who will do a good job for a while till you can get better

BIG problem - bocaly doesn't want to come - leto and kewell are at other teams - dont really want to pay 2.8million at least to get kewell for probs just 1 season - leto is valued at 7 million and Im gunna leave saivet for the time being as haynes is better at the moment and 8.5 million is quite alot to pay.

signing noe pamaroe

sean davis

teemo tainio

james collins

tom taiwo

trying to get mihelic

clemente rodriguez LB

Villar GK

M'bami work permit needed though

pereira

and bocaly but no avail

Hi folks, started a new game on 801 and doing ok. Im in oct and my record is won 4 drawn 3 and lost 1. Im out of the league cup though.

My team is

GK: Vilmunen/Ankegrem

CB: Kalla

CB: Hobbs

CB: Huntington

CM: Peter Murphy/Prutton

CM with BA: Almeyda/Diawara

CM: Piatti

AML: Cavalli/Jim Paterson

AMR: Marlet/Steve Mcgarry

CF: Flo/Kandol

CF: Doudin/Haynes

Squad players: Maybury, Dalla Valle, Steve Jones. I've only sold Beckford and Weston. Missed out on Stancu as I didnt have enough funds when he finally agreed to join. Also have Liverpool as Parent Club. I would welcome any advice people may have, cheers.

Had a re-jig, Babel was awful and got some old deadwood out of the team on frees. Still can't manage to sell anyone.My team for the 2nd half of Season 4 is

GK Jourdren / Christiansen

RB Richardson / Hoyte

LB Ball / Logan / Parker

CD Hyppia / Woodgate / Huntingdon / various 21 year old Italians / Abraham ( a mad 24 year old Argentinian)

MF Pennant / Michael Johnson / Lulinha / Plessis / Osbourne / Aariltilo

CF Stancu / Sturridge / Borriello / Foti / Cacau

Going to try a 4 - 4 - 2. Double bonus in that Woodgate counts as home grown in Europe, very handy.

my team is s***e every time I load up and buy players they all seem to turn out crap

can never get bocaly - never wants to come

same goes for banega

I tried the fiora2 tactic and still no avail

and when I'm leading against villa at villa 2-1 pamaroe who was a freebie concedes HIS 3rd penalty in 6 games - what a tool

my team is

GK delgado

DR pamaroe

DC German re/ El-Mourabet

DC James Collins/Huntington

DL Clemente Rodriguez

MR Routledge/Le Tallec

MC Sean Davis/Anderson Silva

MC Tainio/ Danns / Cavalli

ML Aquino loan/ Djordic

FC Haynes

FC Pereira/Parks

I have got mihelic but he came injured for 3 months probs put him where tainio and danns are.

I cant buy a win except a 3-1 win against lincoln in the league cup

and I dont know who to buy?

Everyone just seems to be a 'decent' which is just slang for crap really and the 'good' players aren't much better.

saivet seems good and it says hes gunna be a leading star in the prem but at the moment he costs quite a lot for how good he is now and I feel I need better than him now rather than seasons along when probably I'd be relegated and most likely sacked.

If anyone has any decent tactics to at least stop all the goals I'm conceding preferably not 5 in defence because I feel that inevitably the other teams will score, I would greatly appriciate it - Its the 3rd attempt and out of all the games I have played I have won 2 - one against lincoln as you know and one against west ham 2nd game of the season in my 2nd time round and Ive played a good 15 games

also no-one wants to buy murphy, danns, da costa, cavalli, parks so I'm limited to what money I can recouparate

should I bother with free transfers?

sorry to rant but I'ts getting me a bit down now having done the hard work and it seem impossible in the prem - Ive only p[layed chelsea so far out of the big guns.

cheers - Ive gotta go out for a bit

right yet again I've started again from the transfer budget - Fingers crossed this team will be good enough

the main problem is this time its 40% of transfer revenue available instead of 75%

Ive managed to sell: -

Danns 2.5mil - suprisingly

Byrne 325k + 30% sell on

Hobbs 1mil

Le tallec - 1.7mil + 50% sell on

Oskitz - free transfer but then sold for 2.2 mil

Calderon same goes but 675k

lewis emanuel for 210k

robbie garrett - 400k

Djordic loan agreed price of 525k

trying to sell parks, berner, Lucas, murphy and cavalli but no-one wants any of them - including derry suprisingly, I can usually sell him

hartlepool have offered £0 for kenton which I will be glad to get rid of because he is on £8250 a week

Ive signed: -

saivet 8 million - thought sod it then he gets injured

pereira 2.35mil

BOCALY!!! some reason he didn't want to come then he signed a new contract then I tried again and he only wanted 10,500 a week so I don't understand why he has done that this time

duff on loan till end of the season

marvin angulo 160k + 10% + friendly

fernando fernandez - regen from barca 200k + sell on

isaiah osbourne season loan from villa injured for a month though

rafael forster 525k

geoffrey Jourdren 675k

diego Buonanotte 3.7 million

shaleum logan 1.6 million

so my team is

Gk Jourdren

DR Frazer Richardson

DRC Bocaly/Mourabet

DLC Huntington/forster

DL Logan/berner

MR Angulo/Prutton

MRC Anderson silva/Howson

MLC Buonanotte/osbourne

ML Duff/Da Costa

RSC Haynes/Saivet

LSC Pereira/fernandez

if anyone I need a RM but I have no more money so I would need an overseas loan

the friendlies have been good won them all so far played guisley (feeder)5-0, rhona whoever they are 4-2, excelsior 2-0 and Fc utrecht 3-2

don't understand why I havent been able to get bocaly - Ive even offered 32k a week and max sign on fee as well app fee and the rest and he hasn't come???

Originally posted by Buckoh:

Had a re-jig, Babel was awful and got some old deadwood out of the team on frees. Still can't manage to sell anyone.My team for the 2nd half of Season 4 is

GK Jourdren / Christiansen

RB Richardson / Hoyte

LB Ball / Logan / Parker

CD Hyppia / Woodgate / Huntingdon / various 21 year old Italians / Abraham ( a mad 24 year old Argentinian)

MF Pennant / Michael Johnson / Lulinha / Plessis / Osbourne / Aariltilo

CF Stancu / Sturridge / Borriello / Foti / Cacau

Going to try a 4 - 4 - 2. Double bonus in that Woodgate counts as home grown in Europe, very handy.

you couldn't tell us where you got abraham please and how much he cost? just checking the players I don't know out for possibly next season when I have money lol

won my last 2 friendlies - beat ADO Den Haag 2-0 then beat Athletico Madrid complete with motta, forlan and others 3-1 and it said that the victory represented the beggining of a successful new era so this time I'm quietly confident but no doubt I'll shoot myself in the foot - I'll let you know how it goes

well its started better than I could've hoped for - newcastle I drew 1-1 at home after been 1-0 up and they got a late equaliser header from a free kick

then West ham away I drew again 1-1 same thing 1-0 up but this time on 90 minutes they got a penalty - so quite pleased really

logan, as buckoh, mentioned is showing some promise - he seems to get some right tackles in despite only having 11 for tackling so cheers for him buckoh

played 4 games in the league so far and 1 in the league cup using the fiora2 tactic with the defensive line altered to 4 clicks from the far left to the right

my first 2 results you know

I then lost 2-0 to chelsea at home

And I lost 3-2 to derby who are now 4th so maybe not as much disgrace and embarassment as first thought

I managed to beat Crewe in the last 5 minutes 1-0 after haynes missed a pen straight after coming on

silva is injured for another 2 weeks

saivet is back but yet to score in 2 apps

richardson who has been pretty good considering is injured for another 2 weeks as well so I've had to put angulo at Right back and prutton on the right wing so obviously lacking against derby and lincoln

duff has been steady

osbourne is back and did ok against derby

jourdren has been outstanding and I don't know why he only has 2 stars on the team report I know Ive conceded a few but I think hes got 8 on every game - was awesome against chelsea and unlucky against west ham with the penalty

Logan is a good player, done consistently well for me at LB or LWB and sometimes goes on the left wing. I signed Abraham from Reading who had got relegated. They picked him up from River Plate. Before that he had had a short spell on loan in Spain. Him and Woodgate at the back seem to be doing ok, but Hoyte, despite some early promise, is nothing special. Jourdren was in the team of the year last year but is not doing so well this. Those who recommended Lulinha were spot on, and have just managed to get Poulsen from Sevilla who were in financial diffculties, and he looks like a decent DM although he is 30.

right cheers logan I shall check them out got no money it sucks

I went on to the training section and It said something about a 'mini scout' that tells you accurately how much players have improved as well as current ability and potential ability based on numbers - anyone know how to get it - I searched on here and apparently its not on

how do you mean carl - the updated from the january transfer window patch?

to buckoh - strange,

played arsenal away lost 3-1 not a bad performance really - the media tipped me to not test their keeper and I had 12 shots and the possesion was 50 - 50

beat fulham in the LC 1-0 at home

beat Everton 3-1 at home

got my first away win of the season against a 5th placed Bolton complete with nolan anelka and jaaskalainen - they cant complain as well - I suprisingly played them off the park to win 2-0 da costa is doing well while duff is injured scoring as well as howson late on to wrap it up

I cant believe how well I'm doing at the mo, I've just beaten sunderland who came up with me in 2nd 1-0 and now Im 5th on the same points as 6th 4th and 3rd and 1 point behind man u who are 2nd - arsenal are 7 points in front of me and 4th to 1st have a game in hand but I'm not bothered because whilst I'm getting points on the board its less to worry about for relegation

Its always nice to be labelled the surprise package GC. however Carl I know what you mean, after a season or two with the recommendations on this page, the team becomes unrecognisable. In reality, we shouldn't be winning Leagu or FA Cups in season 3, but it is made possible with some of the gems these pages throw up. I quite like the fact that I've still got 5 proper Leeds players in my squad, but they don't play that much. Still, can't bring myself to throw it all in for a new game just yet!

I dont believe it i just won the league!!!!!!

with 5 games to go i was about 8 points behind arsenal, last game of the season i was 2 points behind, i beat fulham they lost to liverpool, won it by 1 point...and had a superior goal difference.

despite winning the league ive got alot off rebuilding to do, out is going coloccini, banega, mikel, kerlon, and maybe a few more and with benzema whos transfer is already arranged.

for the season pereira 16 in 32 games

saivet 29 in 39

thats in all competitions.

ustari is worth £21m and wanted by loads of teams

Help needed. Just avoided relegation from the Championship in my second season. I struggled to get quality players in during the January transfer window as Batesy was in the middle of a takeover. The new chairman has promised to splash the cash during the summer to get promoted, so I should have around £5m to spend.

I've relied heavily on goals from ol' man Phillips for two seasons and he's now on his last legs. Any suggestions for a quality goal-getter in summer '09?

I'm keen to hold onto youngsters like Parker, Huntingdon and de Costa, but clearing out the 'deadwood' such as Kandol, Carole, Beckford, Constantine, Derry and Heath.

Also, I've found Graham Stack to be more reliable than Ankergren. Anyone else find that?

Finally, I've wavered all season between a fairly defensive 4-5-1 (with modest results) and an aggressive 4-3-3 with better results), but which relies on fast, skillful wingers brought in on loan. Any suggestions for a formation that suits the existing squad? Cheers.

Originally posted by N54LVN:

I'm keen to hold onto youngsters like Parker, Huntingdon and de Costa, but clearing out the 'deadwood' such as Kandol, Carole, Beckford, Constantine, Derry and Heath.

beckford deadwood???

best striker you have there, play him with philips kinda one strong one fast partnership should work

my 8.0.2 game so far:

signed

charles andre doudin-£12k

lewis emanual-£210k

chris birchall-loan

enoch showunmi-£325k

played 23 won 10 drawn 5 lost 8. goals for 44 against 37 points=20

im in 21st position playing well bt i just leak goals. my team is:

gk=ankergren

dr=richardson/kenton dc=huntington dc=michalik dl-sheehan/emanual

mr=birchall/sorsa mc=douglas/kilkenny ml=thompson

am=da costa

fc=beckford fc=flo/showunmi/doudin

my strikers are scoring for fun beckford got 14 in 17apps

flo got 10 in 15apps

showunmi got 8 in 15apps

doudin got 4 in 6apps

Im doing well I won all but 1 game since I last posted, I drew with portsmouth 0-0 I beat blackburn, sheff utd, sunderland, and west brom but I got beat by man C on pens in the league cup - I beat wigan in the championship to play man c.

I'm 3rd in the league but liverpool have a game in hand so they will go above me if they win

chances are I'm gunna survive so carl, buckoh and anyone else that may have got that far, who is good to buy in the 4th season - is michael johnson a good investment and he is a leeds fan - ive got isaiah osbourne on loan and he is now a leeds fan and I'm his favoured personel - he is gaining in value though

I cant believe it!!! my next game was man u away and I got beat 3-0 fair enough

but then my next 2 games were tottenham at home and liverpool away so I'm thinking I'm gunna be sliding down the table now

Leeds 2-0 Tottenham angulo,haynes dominated as well apart from first 5 minutes or so

Liverpool 1-3 Leeds - didn't expect anything from this game but I gave as good as I got with 51% possession and 4 less chances thatn them but jourdren was outstanding in that game

transfer window is coming up I've got 14 million in the balance so I'm gunna ask for some transfer funds see what they say - don't think I need anyone though except to sign osbourne permenantly because he has been outstanding all season - touted as next steven gerrard and played steven gerrard off the park - he also has a description of midfield GENERAL LOL!!! thing is he is worth 4.1 mill now and at beggining of season he was only worth 2.3mil

On the 8.02 patch, got a 1.3 million budget, 100k wages, target of promotion.

Doudin isn't on my game, Hleb from MTZ-Ripo isn't either, trying to sign Mihelic for 100k, not looking too likely though, Piatti is 100k, so bidding for him too, Stancu, for 600k.

Undecided between Jourdren, Scribe and Czaplinkski for GK, had bad experiences with Casper.

Think I want Sburlea too, from FC Brasov, but might be priced out.

Tales is on my wanted list, so fingers crossed.

I want a new RB, and DM, guess I'll have to loan them though

Still playing the old patch but Osbourne and Michael Johnson have been the backbone of my midfield for the last 5 games and Osbourne is a great player. Poulson as the holding midfielder and Lulinha behind the fron 2 has been pretty competitive, although leaked a late goal to draw 2 - 2 with Man U at home which was frustrating. 4 - 1 - 2 - 1 -2 at the moment. Try as I might, I can't get a tactic with wide players working well, especially against the better teams. Has anyone come across Okaka, a 17 year old with Rome. He looks the nuts.

won league one on the last day of the first season. had a bunch of awesome transfer set to arrive and on July 1, 08 my game **** the bed. everything with it seems to be fine except for when i hit the transfer tab on the top or left the game freezes. think its a corrupted file?

just finished my 1st season with leeds on the 8.0.1 patch went up through the playoffs after a reasonable league season. managed to win the jpt and got put out in the 2round of the league cup and the 3rd of the fa cup. manily played the season with a mixture of different 4-4-2's used the fiora2, mark oxley's and a 442 i modified from croats 4-2-3-1v2 system and i have man city as a feeder which took my till jan to get.

not sure where to improve my squad for the championship season only know i definatly need a right back i have 3.75mil in the bank. looking at zarate, lulinha, sergio motta and leandro gioda none of which are rb's

Free Image Hosting]my transfers[/url]

(not sure if thatl work)

my squad

casper/lehtovaara

snkofa/richardson

williams/parker

kalla/hobbs

hungtington/heath

howson/carole

derry/prutton

almeyda/thompson/douglas

decosta/lalana

stancu/constantine

haynes/hartson

thats the team that i finished the season with also what players from the squad are worth keeping and are any good enough to make it in the prem. i currently think stancu will and possibly williams with howson and lallana kicking around the squad.

any thoughts would be great cheers.

Archived