FM08 - Official Leeds United Thread ''-15 and we'll still go up!''

bazblock

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I started as Leeds last night, doing not too badly in the league, sitting about 12th around 5 points away from the play offs. I should make it to the play offs but cant win due to Not Forrest doing so well, ther unbeatin in the league, i drew 3 - 3 with them away(should of won, was up 3 - 1 and they scored 2 late goals!) My team is this:

GK - Ankergren

DR - Sorin

DL - Viler

DC - Huntington

DC - Michilak

AMR - Sorsa

AML - Johnson/Da Costa

MC - Mihelic

MC - Kilkenny

FC - Kroneveter

FC - Beckford

Im just in december, i have very low funds at the moment but i feel i need to improve in jan, maybe a new striker or midfeilder, even a keeper. Anyone got any ideas of very cheap players for leeds? I might try and ask for more funds in jan tho. Fingers crossed i get more!

try john hartson i got him for 70k he did ok good enough for the low price. you could try doudin ive never bought him but he seems to pop up quite alot on most forums. also i'm on 8.0.1 and beckford is worth 1mil so i sold him an brought in stancu for 1.3mil more than worth it esspessically in league one he bagged almost a goal every game.

Im on the new patch and on my game doudin doesnt exist, i would normally get him and stancu but stancu is too much for me, i now have around 1mil to spend but not looking to use it all, any ideas for a striker for around 800k?

I just got Augustin Delgado (remember him used to play for Southampton back in the day) i am on 8.02 patch and u can get him for that fee of 800k. I also have Stancu but set my ambitions to win the league in 1st season. They prove a leathal partnership

Thanks mate but im in Feb now, i signed kevin phillips and got zeefuik on loan. My partnership of Kronoveter and Beckford is proving amazing in the last 5 games, Beckford just scored 5 in his last match getting a 10 rating, btw is it now easier to get a rating of 10 in the new patch because thats now my second rating:

gillinghamvleedsstatsplct1.th.png

As you can see with the screenshot above, my keeper played an uncharacteristic 5. He has been solid for me all season so thats why they scored twice.

leedsvsouthendleedsteamms1.th.png

This is a screenshot of the league, I think im doing pretty well considering the -15 at the start.

cocacolaleague1leaguetain3.th.png

The main Jan signings were:

Kevin Phillips(till end of season)

Ionescu

Lopez(till end of season)

Stelios(till end of season)

Zeefuik(on loan)

Signed a few romanians for the future. Got a fair few signings coming in july. And a few brazilians coming in july 2009. All in all things are looking great for me at the moment. Funds are a little low tho. Does anyone know roughly how much I will get next season if im in the championship?

Wee bob, ur doing amazing and i was wondering if u cud upload ur tactic(s) as i always seem to struggle. I never seem to get them into the playoffs i have played 2 seasons wit Leeds but always get frustrated and start again.

Any help wud be great cheers

Well heres my tactic i use when at home:

leedsunitedleedstacticswa6.th.png

Unfortunately Stelios is out the rest of the season so will prob not feature for leeds again. kroneveter is just back from injury but phillips is doing pretty good so see how that goes, still second 10 points behind forest, and about 3 points ahead of 3rd. Its really tight at the top so just need to keep winning!

leedsunitedfinancessummoi0.th.png

My finances are good in terms of general budget, but money for transfers is really bad. Do you think if i ask for more money I will get it??

Sorry i dont know how to upload my tactic! Em i got him because he was transfer listed for about 50k and had to give him 8k a week, dearest player and now he is injured! Give me a screenshot of your team and tell me how much you got and I will try recomend some players for you.

u will get more money. although u might have to weight for it. wieght till u have about 7mil in the bank and he shud give u another 3 or 4 mil. i kept asking for money jsut before the end of my first season and all the way through summer and he eventually gave into me and i got an extra 6mil in oct 2008 so just before the jan transfer window.

going to try and bring in luis jimenez for around 1mil which i think is a great deal and keep the other 5mil for the end of the season as more players are interested then plus ill hopefully be in the prem currently sitting 2nd in the championship with 21 points played 10 won 7 lost 3 a point behind pompy.

cocacolaleague1stagesja0.th.png

Well this is how the league finished! Gutted that i finished only 2 points behind. I deserved manager of the year but Calderwood of forest got it! grrr lol.

Macsoz - How are you getting luiz jimenez for 1mil? That is a bargain price, i hope i can get him for this after the summer! Im really looking forward to the championship, i hope to obviously get promoted but i would be fine with a high position.

Anyone recomend any players i could try sign for the championship, who normaly gets transfer listed at the start of 08/09 season?

Sorry chewy! I showed you a picture of my tactic, thats pretty much it. I havnt changed anything else apart from runs and its worked out fine for me. Put up a screenshot of your current tactic and I will try help out from there.

well can u put up player and team instuctions screenies if u can't upload it and then i can try and create it myself.

I am using a tactic that is already uploading on the forum and but the bloke that made it was playing as West ham its a 4-4-2 dimond formation

i had a aranged a transfer of 3mil for him at the end of the season but that feel through and he went back to his club i was just going over my shortlist with mini scout and it had jimenez with a purchase price of 1.1mil so i bid for him and the other interested amc's i was looking at wud of cost atleast 3mil(lulinha, sergio motta)so its looking like a great deal the bid hasnt been acepted yet tho shud be as mini scout hasnt got it wrong yet it also says that saviola is avaiable at 6mil so if he becomes interested ill be delighted.

my tactics and squad are listed above i just searched for them in the tactics forum.

try looking for fiora2 its a 442 and also look for croats 4-2-3-1 although i think that post was closed both amazin formations i dnt know to post tactics and my last attempt at a screenshoot was a nightmare

Well here is my current squad before the championship season starts:

leedsunitedleedsplayersre2.th.png

Now personaly i dont think this squad could get promotion, I need new wingers and a new CB to have any chance, got about 1mil to spend. Thinking of leto on loan for left which would leave RW and CB, any ideas?

Macsoz - what is mini scout?

Alright guys, Im still on my 1st season on 801. Currently sitting 7th in january, Ive had a real loss of form though and lost 4 games in a row. I think the problem is I rely too much on Haynes who has 20 goals. I play 3 centre backs, 3 centre mids 1 of whom has a ba. AML and AMR and 2 strikers. Mcgarry, Doudin and Flo havent worked with Haynes. Im thinking of Hartson or Colin Nish? Ive Marlet, Piatti, Almeyda, Peter Murphy and Cavalli in rotation who do a good job of supplying. Thanks in advance for advice :-)

minis scout is a program that you can use to tell u a player ca and pa. it also shows u a players current vaule and there sell value and it also allows u to look at hiden attritubes and has a serach on it which is good for findin regens with high pa.

weebob- i dnt know much about ur players but mihelic and hopefully jimenez(play on the wing if ur strugling) shud be quality in the midfield, hungtington will do u a job depends on how good ur other center backs are i currently play hungtington and peter mate(sp loan). get a striker in thats my advise ishamel miller is good on loan. i think u cud get ur squad up if u have a goal machine.

muzzvsworld-try piatti upfront ive saw alot of guys who said they did that an he was class, hartson is worth a shout wont last 90mins but can work well with haynes i roated hartson with stancu and haynes and he shud cost less than a 100k but he wont be good enough in the chapionship stancu is a GOD in league 1 and he'll do a job in the prem once u get there so if u can afford him get him hes all u need IMO if anybody wants to go up with leeds get him well worth wotever pricetag he is given. ive jus rejected a bid of 13mil form bolton for him in my game not even half way through my 2nd season.

Well michelik has been my most consitent CB. Huttington has been average. I almost got Stancu for free but Levante nipped in at last minute and stole himicon_frown.gif.

Mihelic and Jimenez im hoping will be amazing in the centre. Leto on left would be great. Just need a right winger. Oh and Kroneveter was my top goalscorer along with beckford but he is unhappy so im going to try offload beckford soon.

Where do i get this mini scout program? And can you post your current squad if you can please?

Can i also add out of my keepers who do you think is best? Lupatelli or paddy kenny? From experience with going sheff utd i know paddy kenny is quality keeper, especially for championship but i feel lupatelli adds more no?

squadandtacticmq1.th.png]squad and tactic[/url]

squadandtacticmq1.th.png]same again[/url]

www.ImageShack.us" /></a>]squad[/url]

i'm never sure which ones work thats why ive done it 3 times. i have still to buy jimenez planing on playing him instead of howson/jose at rm.

out of ur keepers i go with lupatelli but i never had either so its best left up2 u

i'm not sure where i got mini scout from think it was a link in the arsenal forum if not try searching fot it in the editors hideaway forum. hope that helps.

How much did you get zarate for? I have no money at all in my transfer budget lol. Will be looking to sell a few 'over million' players.

I will keep pestering to get more money tho, i still feel right wing is weakest. I also need a goalscorer, i signed collins john on loan i hope he will do the business.

Thanks macsoz I will give Piatti up front a go. Probably going to buy Hartson although I had a rush of blood to the head and bought Jimmy Floyd and Dwight Yorke. Shame its not 1999. I was quite unlucky with Stancu and eventually he moved elsewhere, next season!

Hi people,

Finally after three seasons I have got the mighty whites out of League 1, missed out on promotion in 2nd season by goal diff.

Anyway please excuse my technical ignorance but can anyone enlighten me on how I can save the screen displays to my pc so I can show my squad, tactics on this page like others have.

I'm guessing its something simple but please help a technical doofus !!!

Scribe

Rafael

Fabio

Woodgate

R.Forster

Torje

Bertrand

Alex

Piatti

Sturridge (Loan)

Into my 3rd season in Premiership, 2 successive promotions , play 2-3-3-1-1 , Alex,Piatti,Bertrand,Torje, Foster and Scribe are wonderkids and Woodgate took a pay cut from £66k to £28k to come to Leeds due to his lov of the club. Happy times

Originally posted by borowhite:

Scribe

Rafael

Fabio

Woodgate

R.Forster

Torje

Bertrand

Alex

Piatti

Howson

Sturridge (Loan)

Into my 3rd season in Premiership, 2 successive promotions , play 2-3-3-1-1 , Alex,Piatti,Bertrand,Torje, Foster and Scribe are wonderkids and Woodgate took a pay cut from £66k to £28k to come to Leeds due to his lov of the club. Happy times

Originally posted by Robbie11:

Hi people,

Finally after three seasons I have got the mighty whites out of League 1, missed out on promotion in 2nd season by goal diff.

Anyway please excuse my technical ignorance but can anyone enlighten me on how I can save the screen displays to my pc so I can show my squad, tactics on this page like others have.

I'm guessing its something simple but please help a technical doofus !!!

You simply press alt+F9 and it saves to the screenshot folder. You should be able to access this folder by going to My Documents, Sports Interactive, Football Manager and Screenshots...hope this helped.

Originally posted by weebob88:

You simply press alt+F9 and it saves to the screenshot folder. You should be able to access this folder by going to My Documents, Sports Interactive, Football Manager and Screenshots...hope this helped.

Thank you weebob88, i'll give it a try (fingers crossed).

cocacolaleague1leaguetaih3.th.png

How the league finished

leedsunitedtransfershisne6.th.png

Transfers, missing Kavanagh in on a free, and a few youth players who were released

On the 8.02 patch, Stancu was out for 3 months after damaging his achilles tendon, sure i'd have made the automatic places had he been fit.

I have to say it's a pretty thankless task managing Leeds. Winning is something the fans and board naturally expect to happen, even tho' playing against teams home and AWAY it's YOU that has to break THEM down. I really wish there wa an option to allow me to tell the supporters spokesman to put a sock in it.

jus finished my 1st season did fairly poor finished 15th only lost 12 games all season only 3 other teams lost less. my signings for 1st season are:

czaplinski

scribe

mihelic

doudin

emanuel

kostadinov

tininho

yorke

murphy

taktak

bothroyd

boyd

sold:

sweeney

hughes

elding

start of 2nd season only got £275k to spend

Guest Haithem5000

haha im on my sixth season with leeds, i finished 4th in the premier division last year and am playing champions league football.

my first team has:

diego cavalieri

sergio ramos

vedran corluka

jose enrique

marek hamsik

luka modric

fred

genero zeefuik

jose baxter

joe cole

aaron lennon

sotiris ninis

gil

and others

some good players to buy while in the championship/league one are: dan gosling (before the patches where he goes to everton), jose baxter, genero zeefuik, and charlie barnett. jonny howson and alan martin are rly good youth players at that level

GO LEEDS!

webob i got zarate for 3mil if ur not on 8.0.2 cos i think hes at birmigham on that patch sorry for the long reply was going to wieght till i finished my 2nd season but i'm only in feb had a break from playin.

haithem5000-how did u get all those players how much was ramos, corluka, lennon and cole they allways seem to cost loads in games ive played.

Haithem - how on earth did you get Joe Cole to come? Mind you, my game (season 4) is throwing up some odd stuff. Man U weren't playing Hargreaves at all, he wanted football and came to me for £5.1m in the January window, since when he has been awesome. likewise the £900K I splashed on scott Carson who has the added advantage of being home grown. Chelsea let Ben Hain go for a couple of million. then Alex Pato joined from AC Milan for £12m plus some huge add ons. All getting very unrealistic.

Second in the league, 10 games to go, 1 point behind Arsenal. Lost to Arsenal in the LC semi and have them again in the semi of the FA. Lazio in the QF of the CL. Not that Ken is happy, he is only satisfied as we lost to Arsenal.

GK Carson / Jourdren

DR Hoyte / Richardson

DL Ball / Shaleum Logan / Janulovski

DC Woodgate / Hyppia / Ben Haim / Abraham

MR Rafaelov

ML Aaritalo

MC Johnson / Hargreaves / Lulinha / Poulsen

FC Sturridge / Stancu / Pazzini / Pato

Pazzini, also from AC Milan, has been utter quality.

Well im 7 games into the championship and have won 4 and lost 3. Not too bad to be honest.

The 3 games lost were all away games so its not all bad there.

I got Cesnauskis on a free and has been amazing, scoring and assisting for me but he is injured so playing Jimenez on the right.

My team is:

GK - Kenny

DR - Sorin

DL - Viler

DC - Michalik(V.Captain)

DC - Nordtveit(loan)

DMC - Rajnock(has been solid)

MC - Mihelic(Captain)

MC - Kroneveter(Making a forward run into AMC)

AMR - Jimenez

AML - Sebastian Leto(Loan)

FC - Volas(Scored 4 goals in 4 subs on and 2 starts)

Normally it would be Kroneveter as a striker but Volas has been great.

My players who are joining between Jan 09 and July 10 are:

Guilherme(16 Gremio Striker) - 60k 2.1.2010

Joao Paulo(17 Internacional AMC) - 50k 1.7.2009

Victor Manon(16 Pachuca Tuzos AMR/ST) - 5k 1.7.2010

Marcos Bambam(17 Fortaleza ST) - 300k 1.7.2009

Nicolas Millan(16 Colo Colo AMR/L/ST) - 10k 1.1.2010

Neymar(16 Santos ST) - 60k 1.7.2010

Ransford Osei(17 Kessben ST) - 12k 1.1.2009

Wellington(17 Sao Paulo AMC/ST)

- 120k 28.1.2009

If i can get my Chariman to release more transfers for Jan i will really need to improve i feel. Anybody know of any cheap left backs that would come to a championship leeds side? Oh and i signed John Fleck, where is his best position? Is he too young to play at the age of 17?

Im sitting top of the championship with 3 games left in december, my home record is really good but away i seem to not play as well and normally pretty lucky to come away with 3 points or even 1. I need a new keeper who can come in and do a job for cheap, lupatelli and paddy kenny aint doing it for me. Im trying antonio adan the now so see how that goes. Also need a prolific goalscorer, marlon king wants to leave wigan and expressed desire to come to me but wigan say they want 9mil plus 2 of my good players(very ridiculous) he is worth about 2.5mil as wigan were relegated. Is there anyway i could get the price right down? He is unhappy and i have expressed that i want to sign him. Anything else i could do? Or any other ideas for strikers for about a mil would be good?

Archived