FM08 - Official Leeds United Thread ''-15 and we'll still go up!''

bazblock

Leeds 8.0.2 story:

I replaced most of the team on startup, keeping only Michalik, Huntington, Richardson and Martin.

I was cruising through the first half of the season, recording only one defeat.

Second half was a mystery. My players had gotten better, injuries were down, and suddenly I started losing to much weaker teams.

Last 10 games were mostly draw and I got one of the playoff spots. Two of the games went to penalties and I was through to the Championship in my first season.

The board gave me some 8-10M for transfers and I sold off surplus winger Grendel for over 1M.

For my new money I got two quality players in Luis Jimenez and right winger Ansaldi.

First three games in the Chapionship were two wins and a defeat. I told the board I will win the series. I should try and get a striker (best one I have is Juan Carlos Arce), and a keeper (I have Kotenko). The rest are all top class.

Managing Leeds might just be the best challenge of FM08.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have downloaded the 2 'wonder tactics' that Macsoz was talking about, and so far so good. Beat Man U in their own back yard 3 - 1, and Bayern at home 3 - 0. Best game so far was Lyon away, when I was 3 - 0 at half time, got pegged back to 3 - 3 and then got 2 late goals. Top of the Prem after 7 games, 5 wins and 2 draws, just beat second placed West Ham twice in 4 days (once in the Prem then in the League Cup). And beat Man City in the Super Cup.

Just seem to be leaking a few too many goals. Can't decide between Carson and Jourdren between the sticks, and who is best to play alongside Woody. Can't keep leaking goals, else am going to get found out sooner or later. Stancu is awesome this season, and Aguero finding his feet, 11 goals between them so far.

But the Chairman is only satisfied with my performance, with a comment that they want me to be doing better in the competitions we are in. I know I lsot the Charity Shiled but top of the Prem, top of the CL Group, 4th round of the League Cup and Super Cup winners. Is this a glitch?

And macsoz - what 'corner' glitch are you talking about?

skogmantore-zararte 3mil will destroy the championship

buckoh-wot tactics 'kimz' and 'choppers' i have found that they arent working for me so i made my own 433 slighlty better think i might go back to fiora2 it the best 442 ive found. i'm leaking goals left right and centre as well wish i hadnt downloaded 8.0.2 i b top of the league. so far in the season ive beat chealsea away but lost to derby(H) villa(A) drew with pompy(A) and had some other stupid re****s.

bugs-it a corner expliot where u shud score of tuns of corners cnt remeber it eaxclty as it isnt workin for me rte now. sumit to do with chalenging the gk with ur best header and put suply to 6 yard box. and also if u play chelsea play one up front ull destroy them.

buckoh u also have aguerro ur team is ridiculous good work. ignore ur chairman till the end of the season when u win stuff

those tatics look interesting will give them ago after xmas on my game currently sitting in november and i'm goin to try this tatic 442as it is very similar to the one i have been using for the last 3 seasons and i hope it works if not ill give that system a look the full backs on the 442 look interesting.

Finally back at my leeds save after two weeks out due to my laptop having to be repaired!

Im sitting 9th in prem with 2w 1d 2l so far. Should of been 3 wins but reading scored a late goal! It was my two away games I lost which im ok with. Just beat west brom 4 - 1 with bojinov getting 2 caffa and lennon getting 1 each. Injury list keeps growing, thats caffa now out for 1 month. Just getting mihelic back tho which is great. Ie almost signed a new keeper but at the moment it looks like work permit is going to be a problem only because the first one is dealt with on the 31st August so if he fails that one I wont be able to appeal which is quite crap!! Its renan, his stats are amazing so im hoping he will be a top keeper for me! I need two new wingers to come in jan. Castillo is away on international duty alot. So my two wingers are loaned players lennon and caffa! Any help would be great!

buckoh that 442 is amazing now i only wish i had started using it earlier in the season instead of muckin around with other formations.

wingers- i must say i am strugling in this department as well. i currently have piatti and jimenez retrained to play on the wings. but i'm currently looking to buy menez, ben afra, ribery and all the usual suspects as its looking like il get champs league football and enough money to bring in proper quality for one of my wings. cheaper options might be bently, barnes, kalouda,

Well reached 1st December in first year of prem and where do i find myself? Last place lol. Injuries galore and very unlucky results, lets just say every loss i got i should of won. Its been a strange season, i play better than anyone that i play yet i lose?? Well i vowed to change things around and since then ive won 3 on the trot! Signed kevin doyle so hoping he will help the lack of goals! Renan for my keeper who since coming in Jan has been nothing short of amazing. Got rid of alot of fringe players, so got a good transfer balance. Nery Castillo is out of my team after a very poor season indeed. Im in need of a left winger, premiership quality and can be pretty expensive to. Would want to come to leeds tho?

I made it finally.

On 8.0.2 I started a game with Leeds, kept 4-5 players, signed new ones on most positions, told the board I'd win the series.

I finished 2nd and signed two more players for the Championship. The ones I already had were developing into Championship quality, so there was no need to replace them.

In the Championship, Derby and Sunderland were way ahead of the rest, bu I challenged for 3-4th place. I ended up in fourth place and beat Fulham 4-0 in the playoffs which took me to the Prem starting 2009.

The boards gave me tons of money, so I signed some top quality players. I am not doing too well first season in the Prem though, 1 win (ManU!!) 3 draws and 2 defeats (Arsenal and Tottenham).

I am confident Leeds is the most fun and challenging game on FM08 8.0.2.

Now I might be able to retire from FM and start spending time with friends and family again...

Macsoz - those tactics have got me 5 points clear at the top by January. I use the counter attack away against the top 10 or in hard games at home, and away in Europe. The standard 4 - 4 -2 formation seems to guarantee goals, normally at both ends!

Signed a DC, Thicot, 24 years old who had a £3.5m release clause, a French fringe international who the Board seem to think was an exceleent signing. He has been excellent and would recommend him to anyone. But amusingly there are 2 Chellini's in my game, one a re-gen, which is the one I bought icon_confused.gif, and one the mainstay of the Italian national team who is raved about on some of the posts. Thought he was cheap! My only left back and he is utter bobbins. Am playing Frazer Richardson there at present, the lesser of 2 evils!

And finally got a commercial deal, with a Japanese club. I seem to be paying them quite a bit of cash up front but let's see what it generates.

Currently in the final of the LC, against Arsenal, who beat me 3 - 0 in the Charity Shield. Knock out phases of the CL against Lazio. And took 6 points off Man U! Happy days.

thats a bit of a bummer at left back then i chucked richardson when i got to the championship. i have a regen or fred as i know believe that is their proper name at lb pa 194 so he is pretty good.

the counter really doesnt seem to work for me ive used it agaisnt liverpool and westham and they beat me. i only use it when i have a 2+goal lead.

anyway finished my 4th season came 3rd on goal diff wi man utd who finishd 4th. got nocked out both cups pretty early to arsenal and man city(played my kids againdst them an the pumped me). money seems to be improving a little. can't post screenies which is annoyin.

squad end of season is

gk ochoa/kuiper

dr hoyte/le guen

dl bevers/mceveley

dc belliad/bovo/bikey/hobbs

mr jimenez

ml piatti/petrov

mc denilson/torres/zola/howson/lazar/jose

fc briand/stancu/zarate/wallcot(loan)

squad needs improved abit for nxt season allready have naini-3.9mil, carvalho-free, riou-free coming in so that gives me wing and keeper cover and i'm looking to bring in andy carrol and defoe to sort my striker cover up as well.

and that just leaves me to sort out my defence currently have between 6-20mil to bring in a cb and possibly a new rb although finding one better than hoyte for a good price could be difficult as i may have to spend aroudn the 20mil mark to get a new cb. ill give thicot a look i'm also looking into

rodgiguez(villareal)-17mil

rodriguez(mexican at bayern in my game)-5mil

vidal-13mil

taylor-22mil

naldo-15.8mil

cahais-12.4mil(looking like best bet how annoyin is that as i tryied to buy him in season 1 and 2 for less than 100k)

sktel-10.8mil

john mensah-11mil

hernan pellerano-7.13mil

gona wait till i get my budget and champs league status conformed as hopefully some of the big name cb's might wana come i'm tryin to hold out for zapata.

i dnt think i need a striker jimmy"i get hatricks every game" briand is doin just fine. my team scored around 90league goals but i conceded around 50 i think, i'm at uni so i can't check and have given my dad ma cd so i dnt play the game for a week. my disseretation is due on friday so i need to focus on that.

i think aguero is at real madrid in my game. he is ace tho i had him for a spell when i made myself argentina manager so i could get torres's work permit he's amazing. plus bringing in the english pair will help me with squad regisitration and they are only costing me around 3mil each. so defoe and carrol for 6mil is good businees in my mind.

I think I'm on my way to getting first place in League One, first season. I moved up to first place in 21 games which was so much fun, starting on -15.

One big contributor has been a left winger from Argentina named Civelli, who I never had seen before. He has the most assists on my team and I got him for very little money. As always, the central defense (Michalik&Huntington) is wonderful.

One aspect of the game I've never tried is loaning players. How do you know which players are available for loan? I haven't found a filter for this.

How are typical loan deals working? Do you have to pay % of the wages? How much? Do you suggest the specific loan agreement, or do you just enquire about a loan and see what the loaning club might offer?

Check this team out my fifth season uefa cup, finished fourth last season but liverpool won champions league and yet finished ninth in premiership, unlucky or what???? I demand a protest. Lol.

GK: BOUZANIS, EDWARDS, CAMP.

DR: EDUARDO RATINHO, GUNTER

DL: BALE, LEDLEY

DC: SIMON WALTON, STEVEN TAYLOR, THICOT, RAFAEL FORSTER

DMC: GELSON FERNANDES, OBI MIKEL

MC: MICHAEL JOHNSON, BAYLY

MR: GILES BARNES, HOWSON

ML: MCGEADY, DIOMANSY KAMARA

FC: DOUDIN, ANDY CARROLL, JULIO BAPTISTA, TOMMY HOILAND

ps. ANDY CARROLL AND DOUDIN UPFRONT MAGNIFICENT!!! GOIN FOR PREMIERSHIP THIS SEASON COME ON LEEDS!!!!!!!! LEMME KNOW WHAT U THINK.

Interesting, Indy. Patch 8.0.2?

I have an insane Leeds squad that is doing fantastically in the Championship in season 2 (8.0.2), using Chopper's tactic V3 (home tactic only):

GK: Jourdren/Edwards

DR: Sorin/Eardley

DC: Bärengrub/Michalik

DC: Santacroce/Rapnik

DL: Mattock/Williams

DMC: Bru/Da Mota

MR: Bjarnason/Mares

ML: Civelli/Cristea

AMC: Mihelic/Ionescu

AMC: Henrique/Copil

FC: Stancu/Russotto

I am 5th after 21 games, with morale on players between Very Good and Superb. I'll go to Premier League, but will it be through playoffs or directly?

Any ideas on squad changes over the next transfer window? I think a right back will be needed eventually.

I lost Piatti against my will and unloaded Sburlea and Hora for ok money. Only one left from original lineup is Michalik. I held on to Huntington and Richardson for a long time, but had to upgrade when I got promoted, having won League One first season.

I love playing Leeds. Did I mention that?

Alrite All

Just got promoted to premiership after back to back promotions in successive seasons. Won the playoffs twice icon_biggrin.gif

GK Schwarzer/Ankergen

RB Kuban/Kaebi

LB Golbourne/Kuban

CB Barengrub/Huntington

CB Michalik/Geiger

DM Makelele/Geiger

MR Etuhu/Torje

ML Grendel/Mihelic

AMC Mihelic/Kronaveter

FC Vasilyuk/Beckford

FC Saag/Palermo

Also have.....whom all have been loaned out to get permits

Maurice Edu

Kislyak

Pavlyuchek

Nazarith

Guerron

along with a few regens who gave pa of 185 or above

I dont think the majority of my squad are going to be able to cope in the prem barring the odd few any suggestions on areas or players that need strengthening would be appreciated

Going in to season 6, with a healthy transfer budget but a disctinct lack of quality English players, especially the home grown ones, for the CL push this season.

I have Carson and Woodgate (who is looking a bit long in the tooth now) and Michael Johnson. The England team seems to be made up of all the players that are in the team now, and buing a Rooney or a Lampard or an Ashley Cole just never happens. I am conscious that after 5 seasons the games start to all look very different, but can anyone recommend someone English at around 21 year olds at that start of game who turns in to something special?

i know the feelin buckoh my champs league squad is pretty weak. i only have 2 hg players in my squad is defoe and hoyte. really annoyed tht none of regens qualfiy i have some tht have been at the club since 17 and are now 21 and dnt even get hg status(not been loaned or anything) which i thought wud happen as thts 4years and shud get atleast trained in england. hopefully it will change for my 6th season. ashley cole is unselted an availble for 13mil but at 30 i duno if thts a good buy cos ill get him in jan and i dnt think he last more than 2 an half seasons.

with hobbs(bench), howson(res), lallans(res),

season 5 isnt goin to great currently sitting 5th 6points behind 4th. qualified from ma champs league group and got chelsea in the 1/4 finals of carling. used alot of formations this season currently using goalsgalorez its a 442 diamond.

30 year old ashley cole good buy?

buckoh- hobbs is good cover, so is hoyte, id look for 4 trained in england players for squad players and jus register 4 youth players and have a 21man strong champs league squad.

albo- u need strikers and a keeper. ur def and midfiled shud b ok if u have the fire power an a super star keeper. i spent most of my season 3 budget after i got to the prem on ochoa best 12 mil ive spent. look into loanin nordviet and denilson/hoyte/flamini arsenal are good for loans.

Won't have Kewell out of principle! Have settled just to buy Philip Mexes for £14.5m - 30 years old but still got a couple of years in him. Have looked for Briand on my game but he doesn't exist. Aside from that, going to make do with Carson, Woodgate and Johnson as first teamers, and chuck a few youth team at it to get the quota right. Team looks Ok though, but I do need another striker. Did a deal for Bojan but he won't come. First 11 is:

GK Carson / Jourdren

RB Alves / Regen

LB Enrique / Regen

CB Woodgate / Mexes / Thicot / Santacroce

RM Stancu / Lulinha

CM Johnson / Lulinha / Luci / Piatti

LM Piatti / Aaritalo / Lulinha

CF Aguerro / Pazzini / Stancu

Charity Shield in 3 days!

does stancu play well as a right winger, do u have him retrained, as my assisant has him on the right wing for alot of formations. his stats do look good for a right winger only hes my only target man kind of striker.

u need a large database or all players loaded from france to get briand.

hello all, just finished my first season with the mighty leeds... thought id share my season with you with some screenies.. -15points ..pfftt

this was my main team and tactic for majority of the season...

my.php?image=04192008164236rl3.jpg

although tacalfred, hellstrom, sorin and dahlberg got their fair share of games aswell

my.php?image=04192008164557gk0.jpg

got to the 100 points mark.. chuffed to bits icon_smile.gif

heres my transfers..

my.php?image=04192008164732gl6.jpg

kaebi and nashat akram were both signed after a few appeals for WP's..

and i cant highly recommend the following heavily enough..

tacalfred was immense at Rb and Cb

oremo is amazing.. gonna be with me a long time if i can help it ... finished on 31 goals in the league!! looks like a prem player already!

my.php?image=04192008165042ka9.jpg

eggert jonsson as always has been a warhorse in the middle of the park, doing all the leg work for the team.. brilliant

phillip evans ( south african but welsh icon_smile.gif is a rem class rb imo.. definate signing for any team at 100k

First Season P46 W30 D 9 L 7 F 103 A 53 Pts 84

Re Loans - Request Parent, Man City sent Grimes. Then went to Spurs and in transfers change type to Loan all season, I tried 70% of wages for Danny Rose.

With those loans just won playoff with Brighton, so now looking for a few players to buy.

kaka on a free is a deal no matter how old he is.

just finished my 5th season a little dissapointing in my eyes. finished 6th in the prem, won the league cup and fa cup. got nocked out of the 1st round knockout stages on away goals to inter. played alot of formations through out the season. started with polat's 2 formations, then chnaged goalgaloez 2, then my own formation and finished the season with the 262 approach which is a nice diamond 442 wasted alot of my season tryin to find super tacticts. cnt post screenies not at ma pc.

starting 11 at the end of the season was

ochoa

bevers bovo samba hutton

-----veloso-------

piatti-------nani

---carvalho----

stancu briand

squad

gk ochoa/riou-free

dr hutton-7.5mil/hoyte

dl bevers(regen)/ bos(regen)

dc samba-6.5mil/bovo/vidal-11.5mil/hobbs(just sold for 7.5mil)/bellaid

dmc veloso/diarra/denilson/torres

ml piatti/lallana

mr nani/jiminez

amc carvahlo/

fc stancu/braind/defoe

transfers i have coming in loric abenzor-free and ciprian marica(sp)-free

also trying to sign danniel alves on a free but compition is stiff.

also looking at zapata for around 25mil and possibly ben afra for 14mil as i need better wingers. as nani and jiminez werent good enough for the right.

will try post screenies a later date.

ochoa and veloso are the only players of notable class in my team. finding players of that quality in other postions is hard as i still can't atract them.

if u guys have any ideas for improvements for the 6th season. think its going to be 2012/2013 want to really push for the title as i finaly got a new objective which is to be challenging for the title at the end of the two year plan.

Surprised Nani wasn;t good enough, he is awesome both on my game and if you go to the Man U thread - they all tend to rate him. Michael Johnson (initially at Man City) as an MC has been fantastic for me. Up front, Pazzini is a bit of an unsung hero who plays well alongside Stancu, but then you have Briand, so maybe there's no need. Alves can be played at RM if needs be, and does a job. I have Hoyte rotting in the reserves, he couldn't quite cut it against the better teams.

Another top save with Leeds on 8.0.2:

I won League One with some 100+ points and about as many goals. After closing of the transfer window early in season 2, my squad looks like this:

gk: Hennessey, Jourdren

dr: Lustig, Eardley

dc: Bärengrub, Polak, Sarghi, Mravac

dl: Mattock, Donazzan

dm/mc: Anita, Nengomashe, Jonsson

amc: Piatti, Kronaveter, Wijnaldum, Vrsic, Copil

fc: Stancu, Caccavallo, Sburlea

Note that I use no wingers, since I use KIMZ excellent tactics.

I have played tons of games with Leeds, but I have never had this good balance in the team on all positions. The age and potential of this squad promises a good transition into Premier League after season two. The even quality of the squad allows me to put them all into team rotation, leaving no player on the bench for very long.

I lost amc Mihelic and dl Martin Olsson after season one because I got so good offers. Replacing them with Mattock and Wijnaldum for about equal money was a fair deal however, don't you think?

nani does a job but i'm at the stage where i need a world beater in my front '5' and i figure right mid is my weakest postion as i am hoping a regen i have away on loan will be quality for left wing. hopefully for the sart of the next season my back '6' will be

ochoa

bevers(pa194) zapata samba alves

------------veloso--------------

which looks almost world class 2 me.

could do with a more effective target man than stancu but the stancu briand partnership is awesom.

although might look to bring in a quality for the amc slot but i have carvahlo and jiminez who's stats are better than most players. although i do like the look of deigo jus because ive never bought him b4 on any save.

zapata(dc) is my number 1 priorty then ship the deadwood an see what ive got left. starting to regret selling hobbs forgot about the HG players for europe. vidal was a big waste of money not really worked 4 me. i only keep hoyte for the hg status but with alves?? hutton, abenzor and hoyte for rb nxt season i could have alot of rb's an will prob sell one for sum cash.

Originally posted by macsoz:

nani does a job but i'm at the stage where i need a world beater in my front '5' and i figure right mid is my weakest postion as i am hoping a regen i have away on loan will be quality for left wing. hopefully for the sart of the next season my back '6' will be

ochoa

bevers(pa194) zapata samba alves

------------veloso--------------

which looks almost world class 2 me.

could do with a more effective target man than stancu but the stancu briand partnership is awesom.

although might look to bring in a quality for the amc slot but i have carvahlo and jiminez who's stats are better than most players. although i do like the look of deigo jus because ive never bought him b4 on any save.

zapata(dc) is my number 1 priorty then ship the deadwood an see what ive got left. starting to regret selling hobbs forgot about the HG players for europe. vidal was a big waste of money not really worked 4 me. i only keep hoyte for the hg status but with alves?? hutton, abenzor and hoyte for rb nxt season i could have alot of rb's an will prob sell one for sum cash.

What patch and hich season are you playing? I have had some great success, but never gotten the budget or reputation to sign Ochoa, Samba or Alves. How do you do it?

i'm playin on 8.0.1 with the 8.0.2 update so 8.0.1 players. ive just finished my 5th season. i havnt signed alves yet but i'm tryin to get him on a bosman he'll prob go2 a bigger club.

i bought ochoa in my third season for 12.5mil bought samba for 6.5mil in the jan transfer window of my 5th season.

u get around 20mil in transfer funds for being in the prem from the tv money and i usually spend it on one or two players. i had tht with a few teams. got into the champs league in my 5th season which gets u quite alot of money. not in it for the start of my 6th season tho.

i also have two merchardising clubs but i dnt think they have increased funds tht much.

also have a 55000 seater staduim.

these things all must all add up. plus the board give me more money when i ask for it and also adjusting the budget helps i allways max transfer funds.

8.0.2: Some signings I did after back to back promotions, before starting season 3 (first season in the Prem):

gk: Lloris (can't believe he wanted to come. Pricey but a world class keeper)

dc: Nordtveit & Forster (very good potential, but I'm generally disppointed in their performance. I should have gotten more experienced centre backs)

amc: Putsilo (Pustilo?) - spectacular value for money. I sold Piatti for some 12m and got this guy, who is equal/better quality compared to Piatti.

st: Saivet - very good sidekick to Stancu with superstar potential after a few seasons.

Also, when moving up to the Championship, I signed Russotto, who has proved a very good goalscorer. At first I thought he'd be a distant backup to Stancu, but he is almost as efficient as dear old Bogdan.

BTW, Stancu often seems to hit some wall in my games, either in season 2 or 3. He stops scoring, gets low morale and stops developing (I measure this with MiniScout). Anyone else experienced this?

Guaranteed promotion signings:

A key player for any new Leeds save on 8.0.2 should be left back Martin Olsson from Blackburn. You should be able to get him for under 500k. Until I discovered him, I've had huge problems filling this gap on the left back. I have sometimes used Marcus Williams, although he is very expensive in relation to his quality and potential.

My other "must-buys" first season include the usual (Piatti, Mihelic, Stancu), but I'd like to point out these gems too:

dc Alo Bärengrub, 23 yo Estonian centre back - MEGA-bargain (doesn't always appear on huge db)

dr's Mikael Lustig and Artur Sorin - very similar in price and quality, but do not always appear on huge database

amc Buonanotte - he typically states he is not interested, but give him a decent offer and he'll come back and negotiate.

dmc' Nengomashe, Da Mota and Jonathan Bru. Nengomashe is more experienced and wants high wages. The other two can be signed very cheap.

Backup strikers to Stancu: Saag, Kostadinov & Juan Arce. Arce is in serious competition with Stancu as first choice. Saag and Kostadinov are very good backups.

gk: Kotenko - I have found no other keepers with his quality for this little money (just over 100k). Also see if you can get Jourdren for cheap, and have him gradually take over as first keeper.

I don't use wingers, but if you need them, check out: Civelli, Bjarnason, Yttergård-Jensen, Jakub Mares

Always keep Michalik and Huntington at least for the first season, and Richardson, since there are so few right backs out there.

The players above should easily get you promoted first season, and grow into good performers higher up in the leagues.

Anyone with lots of Leeds 8.0.2 experience care to comment? I know not everyone likes to rebuild the squad like I do. But if you want a serious shot at being a Premier League contender season 3 or 4, you have to get in some quality names.

Most of all I want to know which good signings am I missing in my list above? I know Luis Jimenez and the likes would be great, but I am looking for reasonable quality names that can be convinced to come to Leeds first season.

Half way through season 6. Beat Milan home and away in the CL, and just beat Chelsea 4 -2 at Stamford Bridge in the first leg of the League Cup Semi-Final. However both Aguerro and Stancu have stopped scoring and I am having to score from midfield in most games. May well be dropping both of them at this rate! On the plus side, have just secured a 31 year old Kaka on a free, at the end of this season, but he is costing £120K a week!

I'm struggling at the moment, 8.01, I went the first 16 games of the championship unbeaten winning 13 and drawing 3, but then I lost 3 in the last 4 including 3-0 against norwich which was disgraceful really, basically its started to go t**s up. is there any tactics that people can lend me please - I'm currently using macsoz's 4-4-2 that he posted earlier.

also Ive no money left but I seriously need a right back as I'm using a regen youngster and a loanee who is injured but the regen isn't that good - also prutton who is my captain is injured as well - my team is : -

gk jourdren/edwards

dr regen/Lowing(loan)

Dc Huntington

dc Marques/El-mourabet

dl golbourne/sepsi/parker

Mr Prutton/Carole/Hora

Mc Thiago/buonanotte/Piatti

Mc Douglas/Benzerga/Woods

Ml Golbourne/Da Costa/Hora

Fc Piatti/Hora/Doudin/Bazile

Fc Stancu/Dalla Valle

right I've adjusted it slightly to have the strikers have there long shots to mixed instead of often and I seem to be scoring more - however my defence is like a sieve

4-0 up after 58 minutes against hull and I ended up drawing 4-4

also 3-1 up against wigan after 15 minutes but I was 4-3 down when herve bazile scored for me to make it another 4-4

I haven't kept a clean sheet in decades it seems - I'n my first season I finished 2nd using my own tactic but It didn't seem to work in the championship but I kept clean sheet after clean sheet - I had 9 league games in a row at 1 point - another point as well with my tactic I beat portsmouth 2 - 1 aet in the league cup - after beating brum 5-2

this season I got beat 8(eight) - 1 at home - 5-0 down at half time by portsmouth with arguably a better team!!!

the disappointments have been :-

buonanotte

thiago has been ok but his stats reflect this at this point but he did cost £1m

benzerga - however he hasn't played many games but he did come on for douglas when I was 4-0 up against Hull and helped concede 4 so that may be why the fans think he is cack

I've just signed Polak (DC) and Geiger (DC/DM)

I sold marques to swansea in league below because he has been playing poo

polak was a good signing and geiger was a Quality signing - just wondering is he best in DM or DC because he is natural for both?

My best team before these is probably this: -

GK Jourdren

DR Lowing

DRC Huntington

DLC Geiger probs

DL Sepsi

MR Prutton

MRC Piatti

MLC Douglas

ML Da Costa/Golbourne - I dont mind who plays here

RFC Hora - when Injured like now, Doudin

LFC Stancu

subs at the mo

GK Edwards

FC Bazile

DC El-Mourabet

MC Thiago

AM/FC Dalla Valle

I asked for more money and got 5 mill but I'm over my wage budget so if I alter it I will probs have 3 mill or so - I tried to get Carlos edwardo for 3 million - I offered 12k - max and max everything else and he went to schalke instead.

as you can probably see in my team the weakest area is probably the whole right hand side

carole is cover for prutton which he does well for his stats but he isn't a world beater

my right back situation is shocking 1 ok loanee but there are no decent Rbs at the mo - tried to get le tallec but he went to hull instead at beginning of the season although le tallec isn't good enough for the prem really anyway

oh by the way I'm 2nd and I'm about to play 3rd placed Brum - tasty

ive started using kimz v2 tactics and Ive got the following results

Charlton away 1-1 was winning till last 10 minutes

Norwich Home 3-0

Sheff utd Away 2-0 but outplayed 54% - 46% possession

they had 24 shots I had 16

top of the table looks like this

1st Middlesbrough pld 44 93pts +38 GD

2nd Leeds pld 44 92pts +43 GD

3rd Charlton pld 44 92pts + 31 GD

4th Birmingham pld 44 90pts + 25 GD

so as you can see very tight, wouldve been top and wouldve only needed 1 win in 2 to go up if charlton hadn't have equalised oh well

Archived