FM08 - Official Leeds United Thread ''-15 and we'll still go up!''

bazblock

try preston edwards or posibly enyeama i'm still sticking it out with casper and a couple regens hes doing OK but i'm currently playin the keegan method of football u score 3 we score4 kinda idea and its working should be good enough to get me up in 2nd and i WILL make the playoff unless i have a nightmare pompy are completely runing away with the championship i'll b happy with my squad which got me up going to need a complete rebuild when i get there tho.

i'm still goin with zarate stancu and miller as my strike force with luiz jimenez as back up

in anticipation of a successful season has anyone got any good buys for the premership currently have 5mil in the kitty and in march. ill post my squad and a full season report when i finish the season. definatly need a gk and cm's and prob a rb cb and a fc

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

macsoz if you post your squad up then I could maybe try helping out, i signed a brazilian named bernardo and he has great stats, i will try post a screenshot later, he is a cm and 18 years old. Had to use him because Mihelic and Jimenez and Kroneveter were all out injured and he scored quite a few goals from midfield and got young player of the month. Enyeama has signed for another team, i normally always try and get him but never seem to get him. Volas is doing average as a lone striker with my wingers and cms all knocking in goals, i have no problems scoring just my defence needs a little work. Plus a gk. Does anyone know how good neymar and nicolas millan become because i have both joining me when they turn 18.

woop woop got into the prem in 2 seasons and i know need a new squad.

squad0809qz3.th.png]Squad[/url]

leaguevs5.png]pompydominance[/url]

transfer2gx7.png]transfers[/url]

hope the screenshots work as they save me alot of typing and are easyier to use.

basically my season went ok did what was expected of me in the cups 4th round facup and 3 round league cup. as u can see pompy ran away with the league i feel my team overachieved but i did want to get into the prem. anyway just askin for ideas where u guys think i could improve my squad and also how much money do u usually get for making it into the prem i'm hoping for around 20mil and i currently have 5mil. ill b happy to keep my strikers and change from my policy of ur only as good as ur strikers and theyl keep me up and hope they are good enough. i definatly need a new keeper and new cb's and cm's as i dnt think hobbs or hungtington will cut it and my cm's where loand in.

my main plan is to buy cheap and free and survie(sp) althoug i will b willing to splash out on a keeper. tryed to get issakson for 300k but he went else where and enyeama is at juventus so i'm lookin at ochoa as he can he keep sumitmes but lyon are interested.

i'm on 8.0.1 any help will be great

Well done on getting promotion, yeh i feel a new keeper is needed for you. Possibly a new RB as Mills is gettin old??? How good is da costa in yours? For me he was rubbish so you may need a new left winger, possibly leto on loan?? Striker wise your pretty sorted. Jimenez is class. Pretty much you need to strengthen your whole team due to loan players, are you going to try loan the same players again? For a cb you could try nordveit from arsenal on loan? Not sure if you can get him due to you using the first patch im on the 2nd.

For me my striker problem could be sorted, i have had a bid of 140k for leroy lita accepted, for me that is a dam good bargain. Weather he comes to me or not is another question. Im still top but still struggeling to perform away from home.

Macsoz what skin are you using and could you give me a link as its pretty cool?

its called flex u might be able to get it from here www.sortitoutsi.net

yeh i need a whole squad so far brought in lazar for 1.1mil and tryin to get matin petrov for 1.8mil da costa is ok great in the championship but he wont cut it in the prem but hes one of my better players an hes good for tutoring so ill keep him.

how did u manage that for lita i got him for 3mil once and was chufd thats a great deal prob one of the best ives seen apart from bosmans

as for rb i tryed to get in ratinho for 1mil as i missed out on bocaly on a free

keepers are far to dear i blame roy keane missed out on ben foster for 330 he wasnt interested an went to blackburn hopefully raise 12mil and buy ochoa if i can fight of lyon spending all ma money on a keeper i want quality to build on even if i go straight bk down.

Cool i will have a look.

He is unhappy and not getting first team football, hes worth 1.5mil saw he was transfer listed had a look at what they were asking and its 140k so couldnt be happier if he came to me.

Yeh keeper is your basis for staying up I feel, your strikers can cope in prem so you need a keeper first and foremost then work on defence.

yeh ive brought in a keeper got ochoa for 12mil hes the best i could get and hes my favorite keeper so all is good although he has a regilgation realease clause of 15mil which isnt great. my squad is goin to strugle this year. i have 4mil left and i need defensive players got given 23mil for sayin id aviod religation it was that or atempt to aviod religation and get 17mil.

trans in b4 start of 3rd season are

costin lasar 1.1mil

james mceveley free

martin petrov 1.5mil

distel zola 1.5mil

justin hoyte 3.2mil

samaras loan

nordtveit loan

ochoa 12mil

my reccomened 11 is:

ochoa

williams mcevekey nordtveit hoyte

petrov prutton lazar jimenez

stancu zarate

i think ill start distel zola over prutton

i really need strenghting in the middle of the park any ideas i have 4mil 3rd season in the prem on 8.0.1

Hmmm why not play jimenez in the middle and buy gabriel torje for the right wing? I have never heard of lasar, is he any good? What team did he come from? I think that team minus prutton can avoid religation altho mceveley is more a left back than centre so maybe a good cb as well and youd be sorted.

he came from either fc kobenhaven where i got him from or rapid hes romaninan well worth the money an lookin like he'l do a job got man utd first game.

yeh prutton is out got gavin mccann in so i'm gona roate him wi zola hoping for heroics from ochoa all season.

now off to play the loan market

as for torje i cudnt sign him in league 1 for less than 2mil so i wasnt goin to spend that on him when ive usually bought him for under 750k and i usually bought him all the time so i felt like a change also my tactics my cm's both have barrows as i want them to be more defensive as its how the formation i tweaked used to work and my wingers often have free roles and arrows into the middle. although i might change to one upfront if my current tactic isnt working

Wow thats a really great start to the season, how the hell did you manage to beat man u? I think thats you pretty much avoided relagation with those 3 results lol. Im still top of the championship at the moment just coming out of january. Lita doesnt have amazing stats but still hoping for him to perform. Also signed paul gallagher as back up from blackburn. Lets hope i can make it to the prem to!

luck and cheating to be honist i got to replay the man utd game after i drew 3-3 the first time after goin 2-0up and then saving a draw which i was happy with then my game crashed i have a memory problem i tend not to save and replay games but after my first result i felt cheated so i played it again as for newcastle got a lucky penalty and ive beaten blackburn for 3years now beat them when i was in league1 and the championship in the cups plus have i mentioned how much of a HERO ochoa and nordtveit are if i stay up an i now plan to get at least mid table really dnt want to get into europe overachieving is a killer i think i will knight those 2.

i think i posted my tactics ealier in the forum but basically its a 4-4-2 with barrows for the cms' who i like to be dmc's and diagonal arrows for my wingers who i like to be amc's or wingers. and i play through the middle with supply run onto play

if u try seaching for croats 4-2-3-1v2 in the tatcics forum thats what i used for a base but i think the forum is shut/been closed but it should still be there but i think ive read that it doesnt work on 8.0.2 but i like it and if ur changing that u move the amc to fc left and the amcl to ml and the amcr to mr and i use the home version.

my transfers are above but ive added

gavin mccan 600k

marc crosas-barcelona loan

loriot a french dmc who i picked up on a free cos he was free.

ill post screenies when i end the season or in jan as 3games in i dnt know how good it actually is.

hope that helps

Well im finally at the end of season 2 and this is how the league finished:

leedsunitedleedsplayersre2.th.png

It ended up real close at the end, i had some dodgy results leading up to the end but still managed to win.

This season is going to be tough, i have been giving 19mil for a mid table finish(i know its ambitious but i need cash) The positions i need desperately are:

GK - Put bids in for ustari, carrizo and grohe so far.

DL - Any ideas?

DC - Again any ideas?

I have jimenez and mihelic in midfeild but i need 2 maybe 3 other players, quality DM?

ST - I have leroy lita and dalibor volas who have been great but i feel they are not good enough for prem?

Remember i only have 19 mil so main positions will be gk and defence.

Any help would be great and much appreciated, thanks.

Good effort weebob, I came 2nd to Reading when I got promoted out of the Championship. My game was pre-patch but the following featured heavily in my squad for the first season, playing a very defensive 5 - 3 - 2.

RB Hoyte (on loan from Arsenal)

LB Michael Ball and Shaleum Logan (both from City)

DC Take a look at the relegated teams from the Prem this season, normally a good player in there. There tends to be quite a few CB from the Italian clubs you can loan who do a job.

CM - Isiah Osbourne from Villa on loan was excellent, and make sure you get a spainish aging DM to shore up the midfield, seems to be loads about looking for a last payday.

CF - Sturridge was excellent, again look at the aging CF from Spain or Italy to complement him.

Good luck.

WB - Just found a copy of my team posted earlier in this thread

... not seen too many posts about Isiah Osbourne and Damien Plessis, both midfielders, who have played nearly every game and done pretty well. Others who have been a let down are Babel (season long loan), Michael Ball, Stephen Carr and Aaritilo who seems to be rated by some but hasn't done that much for me, despite paying £8.5m for him from Reading.

Bought Sturridge from City and he is far and away the best striker. Shaleum Logan is showing loads of promise.

Team

Jourdren

Hoyte (loan)

Logan

Marques

Huntingdon

Babel

Plessis

Osbourne

Aarilito

Sturridge

Haynes

Subs

Angkeren

Richardson

Parker

Douglas

Paco Esteban

HELP

My Team:

GK Krul

DR Duffy

DL Sheehan

DC Michalik

DC Huntington

MR Kalouda

ML Johnson

MC Jackson

MC Howard

FC Stancu

FC Tyson/Beckford

I Always take the lead then my team sits back and defends the rest of the game and its costing me vital promotion points how can i prevent this?

This is my squad for taking on the prem:

leedsunitedprematchtactce2.th.png

What do you think? Im getting ever banega on loan for dm. Is it good enough to survive? Chairman sold Jimenez for 12mil and only gave me 5mil of it as transfer budget, im so annoyed with that! I have around 3mil left.

wb- team looks good not sure about bojinov i would of thought lita would work better as a lone striker and ur back four does look a little weak but the team should be able to more than stay up and if lennon and castilo have great seasons mid table is all urs. id keep ur 3mil till jan and see if there are any good buys around then buy the 3/4th season u can start to get some really good buys.

which is why in my game i am now cursing the fact i bought jaun manuel torres for 4.4mil as he never got a wp.

die hard- id check ur fitness training drills and the ability of ur coaches also make sure u are making subs during the game to freshen things up as players do get tired a bit obvious i know and change ur tactics try time wasting speeding up tempo and maybe going direct with stancu there u should be banging them in and what have u done with dacosta hes currently worth 4.5mil on my game and in the portugal squad if u have him keep him was a key player for me in league 1 and the championship.

Yeh keeper i know is weak, I tried every decent keeper i know but none wanted to join me, i could of got ochoa for 7.5mil but didnt want to come which is a pain! Well if bojinov doesnt work out i will play castillo up ther and have caffa come in on the left. My defense in my games anyways is very strong, ball is still pretty good, nordtveit is one of the best young defenders around in my game and rusol has mazing defense stats, and well ive always been a fan or sorin and he keeps improving season in and season out. Altho ogogo is looking like a great we player who looks strong anywhere on the right side. Lita just doesnt have great stats but we will see how he does. Forster has improved alot so he can replace nordtveit if I cant sign him and bernardo looks amazing as well. Kerlon is well he is class and im counting on kerlon, banega, castillo and my defence to perform and keep me up this season. Got great youngsters coming through the ranks as you can see with bernardo and forster and a few other brazillians in my reserves, also got fleck and ogogo and quite a few more.

Well im about to play my first game of the season, im at home to Ipswich who have already survived a season in prem so im expecting a win but gotta be wary.

By the way has anyone ever got any extra funds, I never ever get it. The chairman sold Jimenez for 12mil and i only got about 5mil of it. I was raging.

i get funds all the time when i ask for them, well at least once a season probably why i'm 3mil in the red right now but i will spend all my transfer budget and want more funds. if u have a healthy bank balance i usually get more, in 3 years i think ive spent about 25mil.

how could u not get ochoa and that would of been a great price for him almost half of what i paid i was ready to quit my game if he never came to me. have u checked out the brazilan keepers out like fielpe and deigo cavaleri(sp on both)etc

i dnt know much about ur defenders and thought ball might be past it i do agree with u about nordtveit tho, i also want to make him a permant signing but i dnt wana spend more than 8-10mil on him and hes currently valued at 5.5mil if i have that kinda money again and stay up might give rusol a look if hes performing for u as next season its big money on a striker and cb. 5 games in and i'm planing next seasons buys does anyone else do this.

last two games :

chelsea 3-1 leeds

leeds 2-0 pompy

currently sitting 3rd after 5games on 12points and allreday played man utd an chelsea top ten is the aim for me. board only want me to stay up so theyl b happy with 17th.

I always get the option to give an ultimatum, every time. My finances are pretty good. Reached decent rounds in the cups and money from tickets, and the sale of jimenez for 12mil. Ochoa is at sevilla and had a release clause of 7.5mil but just didnt want to leave sevilla. I have had a look at those keepers as well and cant afford it, i could of got mcgregor from rangers(quality in real life, not so great in fm) but decided against it in the end. Ive played 1 match and rusol was man of the match winning every ball. It ended 0-0 with ipswich which im very gutted about, bojinov got injured in like 20mins and mihelic is out for a month now. Diego Cavalieri is at man city so no chance of getting him(keeper i normally look to buy)

liverpool-fc - Couple of great signings for me was:

Arthur sorin - 40k

Rok Kroneveter - 300k

Rene Mihelic - 800k

I played kroneveter up front with beckford and they both loved playing with each other and scored lots. The rest of leads players can handle championship in my opinion. Hope I helped.

another man city keeper u cud try is issaskson if hes still there but its ususaly only one of their keepers that want to leave. in previous games ive bought or seen issakson go for anything between 800k-5mil which i think is a great deal for him.

ochoa is starting to underperform for me but that could be a good price in the future as i'm sure he'd be interested in the summer if u do well. maybe look at foster but 'kasper S' shud be good enough but i'm sure u dnt c him as a permant fixture in ur plans.

liverpool-fc id reccomend

raymond kall dc-free will do a great job in league 1

lb-marcus williams 100k i'm playin him in the prem

amc play howson he is class there

fc-stancu again he is rippin it up in the epl 3rd season. 300k-1.5mil worth it id buy him alone. and loan haynes those two destroyed league 1 for me

also play dacosta he currently woth 5mil in my game so i may be looking to cash in soon.

just started a game last night

players in

Kasper schmiechel - loan (cause i don't trust ankregren)

Luke Steele - loan (cover for kasper)

Rikkie Lambert - 210k (quality scored on debut)

Nathan Tyson - 600k (Quality young signing can't believe Forest Let him go)

Sam Vokes - 250k (Scouts said he'd get ace)

all the other position are basically covered at leeds as found out before my other leeds game crashed so i just boosted the strike force and keepers

I looked at issaskson but he is at another club and worth aroun 5 - 6mil so cant afford him. Im trying a brazillian keeper(cant remember name of top of head) but his stats are amazing, I will struggle to get him just now so may have to wait till jan. Nope kasper is not in my permanent plans, he has done really well, letting in only 1 in 3 which is great for prem so far i feel. First 3 games:

Draw with Ipswich 0 - 0

Beat Everton 2 - 0

Loss Away Man City 0 - 1

I think im doing pretty well, as you know man city do get a lot of money and have quality, Everton are a great side so happy with that. Ipswich i was just unlucky to draw. The one problem im having is injuries, ive lost like 5 players in those 3 games. And castillo is away on international duty as well.

I agree with all your reccomended players but no idea about howson, never played him. He is still at leeds worth about 1.5mil tho having just been loaned out.

And Jame - Nathan Tyson is a great buy, he scored loads for forest in mine, made them win the league easy.

Playing with 3 leagues, Spain, England and Italy, and can't help but think they have got the weighting abit wrong in the programming. All the Euro comps are being won by English clubs, there are 3 in the semis of this season's CL (including the mighty Whites!), Man U are the holders, Spurs and Man City are still in EUFA, and Spurs wwon the UEFA last season, before them it was Villa. I'd have thought the Italian and Spanish big clubs would feature a bit more.

Anyway, still 2nd in the league, 1 point behind Arsenal who have won 10 in a row. In the final of the FA Cup having beaten Arsenal in the semi. Lost to Arsenal in the LC semi finals. And have Arsenal in the semi of the CL. So will play them 7 times this season, W1, D2 L2 and 2 to go. Adebayor is probably the best striker in the game in 8.0.2 and has scored against me in 4 of the 5 matches we have played so far.

I can understand where your coming from Buckoh, some of the italian clubs have aging squads IMO, and Arsenal and Man u are probably the best clubs in the game IMO. Aston Villa and Spurs do have good squads capable of winning the UEFA IMO. Maybe next season you may see a change but IMO in game anyway it sounds right, maybe not so much in real life.

Well, after a fairly positive start to my Leeds career with two sucessive 3-0 victories, I've suddenly really dipped and have developed an annoying habit of conceding goals in injury time for the past three matches which has cost us four precious points plus extra time in the league cup against Reading. I get the feeling that although my tactics have worked before with Man Utd and Liverpool, they're not that suited to the rough and tumble of the championship, mind you we are making lots of chances but just not scoring them. In one match, we had 17 shots, but only FOUR were on target! icon_mad.gif

So, could anyone help me with a good tactic for Leeds at a moment? icon_rolleyes.gif

Cheers.

I seem to be in the same boat five or six games in and only managed 2 wins and the rest were losses. Im abit angered because i lost 9 - 0 wtf? to a middlesborough side we were predicted to draw with. Im starting to feel tetchy now as i need to start winning in order to climb the table but for now i can take it as i come.

Well in league 1 i pretty much had a standard 4-4-2 with wingers which was good enough for me to finish 2nd, kroneveter and beckford were top goal scorers. My prefered tactic for championship and prem is a 4-1-2-2-1 with the wingers having arrows into the lone striker and the two cm having runs up to amc position. Just fiddle about with it but in league one you should be fine having 2 strikers tho.

if ur losing in injury time or conceding goals if ur up around the 75/80th min change ur tactics. increase time wasting. change ur tempo slow it down so u keep the ball more(however i speed it up so they ball is in the opents half) drop ur defensive line abit. and if ur wide players are set to forward runs change this to mixed or none esspically ur full backs.

hope that helps-tandy that might help with general tactics.

tandy whats ur team r u still in league 1. in some games kasper can be amazin and some he can be horrid. ive played about 4 leeds games the first 3 lasted 2months and kasper was horid in game 1 and 3 good in 2 and ok in 4. but 9-0 ur team mustnt be good enough also look at ut team talk

check out wolfdens/wolfgangs(i think that his name) teamtalk guide in the tactics and training forum.

In Fourth Season with Leeds Utd, in the Prem:

GK: Lewis Price

DL: David Murphy

DR: Scot Cuthbert

DC: Johan Djourou

DC: Esmir Sabic

MR: Lauri Dalla Valle

ML: Jennison Myrie-Williams

MC: Owen Garvan

MC: Andrey Arshavin

FC: Cillian Sheridan

FC: Danny Haynes

Some of my better Squad players include John Bostock, Victor Moses, Justin Hoyte, James Henry

Im expecting critism of Haynes, Murphy and Price but to be fair Prices' average rating is 7.23 Haynes has scored 4 in 7(4) and is Dubbed the new Micheal Owen. and Murphy........well he's just solid i guess, the Gary Neville of my team!

Im 8th in the prem 21 games in and although some players seem a bit pants they are really performing!

Suggestions on where to improve would be greatly appreciated!

hey guys

just finished my 3rd season as leeds came 6th in the league team over performed imo and i'm slighly dissapointed with my 6th place finish seeing as i was 4th from novemeber to march an lost ma champs league slot in the last 8games.

ochoa, nordveit, hoyte all had outstanding seasons at the back ochoa got named in team of the year. stancu and zarate banged in about 35/40 league goals between them which was OK they shud of had alot more and they scored alot of hatricks. ive only got 1.3mil left in the bank so can't buy anyone till the new season starts. currently trying to get huntelaar and bikey on bosmans but things arnt looking good.

ill need atleast one worldclass strker and cb currently thinking about briand if he becomes interested and cavani doubt theyl wana come. only ideas i have for cb is a 30year old woodgate and an overpriced breno looking at around 10-17mil for him.

bestie ur back 4 looks solid and arshavin is quality. i dnt no much about the rest of ur squad but if i was u id buy a new keeper and new strikers i dnt c how sheridan can be performing in the epl he didnt even look good 2 me when i was celtic.

squad3ep0.th.png]mysquad[/url]

trans3fn0.th.png]transfers[/url]

so ideas on a stiker and sum cb's would be great kinda hoping for around 30mil for ma kitty nxt season. so a 10milish rated cd and fc would be great.

Started over after installing the new patch, and after a slow start with non-working tactics I downloaded a set and things began going better. Got rid of pretty much the entire squad at the beginning of a season, so that could have some impact on my results too.

Here's who I brought in:

Loans:

HÃ¥vard Nordtveit (DC/DM)

Genero Zeefuik (ST)

Free transfer:

Seyfo Soley (DC/DM)

Purchases:

Anthony Scribe (GK)€20k

Preston Edwards (GK) €1 mill

Arthur Sorin (DR) €22k

Lewis Emanuel (DL/ML) €210k

Dorian Andronic (DC) €95k

Cristian Sarghi (DRC) €875k

Kasper Hamalainen (AMRLC) €26k

Patrik Lomski (AMRL) €60k

Rene Mihelic (AMLC) €300k

Johan Oremo (ST) €60k

Branimir Kostadinov (ST) €65k

Using the tactics found right here. The offensive 442 at home and in away matches where I should be the clear cut winner, and the counter tactic in difficult home matches (FA cup) and against decent-ish opponents in away games. Seems to be working out quite well, as when I'm switching between two completely different setups all the time, the AI doesn't get used to my playstyle and I can use this over and over. Good stuff.

I don't really have a regular first team, so I won't bother posting anything about that. I've scored 80 goals, but have conceded 51, so I'm not too happy about the goal difference. Most of the conceded goals came before I changed tactics though, which was about halfway through the season. Lying in 8th place with 1 game remaining atm, and I'll end up 7th if I win that. Playing against the current #7 =)

Finally this is fun again. The patch worked wonders imo.

And I did. Won it and ended up on 7th place. Also won the Johnstone's Paint Trophy cup. Not a bad season all in all, but I should have at least made the playoffs for promotion. Oh well, guess that'll come in season #2.

Archived