FM08 - Official Leeds United Thread ''-15 and we'll still go up!''

bazblock

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Guys

Here is my squad for my first season in the Premier League

http://i534.photobucket.com/albums/ee342/mark_evans7/premsquad.jpg

What do you guys think? Where do you think I need to improve. I have about 18 million pounds to spend. I think i need a Central Defender and a Centre Midfielder. Can you guys recommend anyone?

Thanks in advance for any help

iv just seen this an thought i would give it ago as i want to get more into the bargin hunting an finding real gems of players lol iv managed to get andy carrol on loan an signed quinton fortune on a free as well as maybe getting distel zola :) will keep you informed if anyone is interested

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all I have started a new game as Leeds on the Weegie update.

I am currently 21 games into the season and closing in on the transfer window opening time.

So far my record is as follows:

League one: Played 20 Won 13 Drawn 7 Lost 0 For 46 Against 16 Position 8th 10 points off 1st place.

FA Cup: 3rd Round playing notts forrest, good chance to go through

Carling Cup: Knocked out in 2nd Round on pens to sunderland after 2-2 draw.

JPT: In semi final against Oldham, confident of wnning that.

As you can see no one has beaten me yet, except on pens which doesn't really count as a loss in my view.

Players In:

Seyfo Soley - Free

Alex Fernandez - Free

Piotr Czaplinski - 230k

Steven Reilly - Free

Maciej Mysiak - 4k

Geoffrey Jourdren - 20k

Andrei Ionescu - 200k

Dariusz Zuraw - Free

Thierry Mouyouma - Free

Darren Kenton - Free

Tommy Black - Free

Rene Mihelic - 275k

Steve Marlet - Free

Kelvin Etuhu - Loan

Shaleum Logan - Loan

Ched Evans - Loan

I did have Daniel Sturridge on loan but only for 3 months

Players Out:

Scott Gardner - Loan

Rui Marques - 28k

Jonny Howson - Loan

As you might be able to guess, I have Man City as my Parent club. And thank god ha ha.

My starting Line up is:

Gk - Jourdren/Czaplinski

Dr - Logan/Kenton

Dl - Steven Reilly/Sheehan

Dc - Michalik/Zuraw/Mouyouma/Huntigton

Mca - Ionescu/Douglas/Johnson

Mcd - Mysiak/Soley

Amr - Etuhu/Marlet/Robinson/Black

Aml - Mihelic/Sweeney

St - Evans/Beckford/Fernandez/Snodgrass

Anyone have any ideas where I can improve? I definatly need another RB but also open to any suggestions for anywhere else

Anyone have any ideas where I can improve? I definatly need another RB but also open to any suggestions for anywhere else

At RB? Arthur Sorin, Lorgio Alvarez?

A few of other gems: Barengrub, Pablo Migliore, Hernan Mattiuzzo, Sibusiso Diamini, Rok Kronaveter.

When you get promoted have a look at: Aureliano Torres, Ali Karimi, Carlos Marinelli & Salvadore Cabanas.

Ok cheers for them, most og them aren't on my game. Forgot to mention that I have no other countries players selected, so its just a latge database with english, italian, scottish and spanish leagues selected

Hey Powello,

Sounds like your doing awesome, I was a bit supprised you haven't got Piatti, Stancu or Ganea, Marcus Williams yet they all turn out to be amazing gems in the lower leagues and they can even cut it in the premiership. Also I was just wondering if you would mind uploading your tactic as I have tried to be Leeds in the past but always seem to struggle to find any consistancy so if you wouldn't mind helping me that would be great thanks

Ok cheers for them, most og them aren't on my game. Forgot to mention that I have no other countries players selected, so its just a latge database with english, italian, scottish and spanish leagues selected

Sorry about that! I like to play with all the South American leagues loaded, something about Leeds having Latin American flair!

I'll have a think about European players and if I come up with anything I'll post them. Kotenko the Estonian springs to mind.

Chewy2006 - Yeah it's going well at the moment cheers. I always have those players in my sides so I thought I would have someone diffrent. Well tbh piatti and stancu didn't want to join for some reason.

Yeah I will put my tactic up a bit later as I'm working at the mo.

Nicko Blaggo - Thas alright mate should of really let you know straight away. Thanks for the help. Transfer windows shut now so any players for the championship please as it looks like I will def be there

Nicko Blaggo - Thas alright mate should of really let you know straight away. Thanks for the help. Transfer windows shut now so any players for the championship please as it looks like I will def be there

Peter Mate, Barengrub, Ali Karimi, Winston Parks, Arthur Sorin, Leandro Gioda (must buy if you have the cash, he goes on to be an Argentinian international), Lubos Kalouda, Pablo Piatti, Diego Buonanotte, Felipe Mattione, Luizao, Walter Garcia, Rudolf Austin.

Additionally, check where Mauro Zarate and Luis Jimenez are. I haven't played the weegie update, but on patch 8.02 they return from loans. You can haggle to buy them and get zarate for about £3.4M and Jimenez for about £2.7M, both are must buys and will win the Championship for you!

I'm currently playing a fourth Leeds game and am in April 2008, just been promoted. Will let you know who I buy!

Hey guys, Have just finished my first season and won the league. Am totally delighted. Didn't lose a single game all season. Only teams to beat me were sunderland on pens and fulham in the fa cup 5th round. Aswell as the league I won the JPT.

I have just created a thread on the tactics forums if you would like to see how I did and for you Chewy2006 you can download my tactic there. Aswell as the tactic is the final league table and stats for the season. Here is the link: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?p=1809576#post1809576

I'd rather not upload more pics here.

Ok in the transfer window I signed:

Onandi Lowe - Free

Rivaldo - 700k

Calin Cristea - 50k

Kaimar Saag - 140k

Ryan France - 160k

Nicolas Mazzola - 12k

All except for Mazzola, who went into the reserves, played an important part in the great season.

Now into close season and will be looking to strengthen the squad further and get rid of the dead wood. Also will be finally setting up some training as forgot this season ha ha.

I have already got Zarate coming in for 2.5m + 30% sell on.

Any more ideas?

Oh also looking for some good coaches to sign, anyone know of any?

Any more ideas?

Well done on Zarate!

have a look at Mauricio Pinilla at Hearts, should get him for under £1M - keep haggling, he is really good. Hope he is on your game!

Apart from the players i mentioned before, one other; Sashi Chalwe.

Oh also looking for some good coaches to sign, anyone know of any?

Plenty of 7* coaches will come to Leeds now, use the staff search filter.

Thanks for the ideas but those players aren't on my game lol should of loaded some countries oh well.

Have got in some staff and created my training and now into preseason.

Will update when transfer window shuts

Hey guys if you are still there ha ha!!!

Ok the transfer window has just shut and here is my squad:

thesquadoq5.jpg

Have started the season very well. In the league have played seven winning 5 and drawing 2 and am sitting in top spot by 2 points. Also am the only team left unbeaten. In the carling cup I'm through to the third round after beating chester 1-0 and my favourite result so far beating fulham 3-1, avenging them being the only team to beat me last year. But have been drawn against Man United in the Third at Old Trafford so will prob be going out.

• 1 month later...

Yeh i'm playing 09, first season promoted as champions first season. 21 games into the CCC, expectations from the board is a mid-table finish. Signed some good players Earnshaw, Zheng Zhi, Bouazza, Ross Wallace, Konstantopulous (as back up), Trundle just for Robinson lol

Archived