its about attributes or stars?

has someone win the premiership with players 3 tars or less or you must have quality players ?

I can only speak for La Liga and the Champions League, but my championship teams never have all 3-star or better players. You need to focus on finding the right player for each position. E.g., I had a great CB who was a 1.5 star player. When played as a Limited Defender he was amazing--he has 19 jumping, 18 heading, 17 marking, 17 tackling, and then his stats went south from there. This guy is a 1.5 star player (w/ 2.5 star potential), but you'll see he's got all the right stats for a good attacking FB.

ss20100221133037.png

That said, in order to win the major PLs, you also need some 3 star or better players. I'm sure some people out there are tactics geniuses and will say that they won it all with .5 star players, but for the rest of us, you'll probably need a 3-star goalie, and then at least one 3-star player in you defense, midfield, and attack.

As far as I can gather, the stars represent how good your player is compared to the best player in that position in the squad.

I guess the scout looks at CA and PA when he evaluates them.

Also be aware that the stars change when your squad does.

I started a game with Bath City in the BSS. In the initial squad some players were 3-4 star players, but after I picked up better free transfer players, or loaned some from my parent club, their stars suddenly dropped to ½-1 stars.

I go for stars to evaluate if a player has a higher CA/PA than my current players, and the stats for the games.

I have no problem selecting my ½-star defender over a 3-star defender, if the ½-star plays better in that position.

I have to admit, I look at stars before I look at attributes, particularly when scouting. Once a player is ON my team, I'll also use the lower star ratings to guide me in the transfer market; if I've got a 3-star midfield, a 2½ star striker, and a 2-star DC, I'm going to probably look at replacing the DC.

Part of my willingness to do this, though, has to do with my self-scouting system. It's crucial to me that my assman is 20/20 in JPP and JPA (I never have one to start out with, but usually can get one by the second or third season); when I set up training, then, I make sure that he's assigned to every schedule, whether or not he's got any ability in those areas. I did this after finding that coach reports on individual players tend to be more complete if they're training with them (check your goalkeeping coach's opinion of your striker).

All told, I can usually get a coach report that's pretty close to "accurate"; this is especially key when figuring out whether regens are worthwhile or not.

That's not to say I don't look at the attributes or anything, of course, but I use the stars as a guidepost to color what they mean. A three star striker with pace is better than a faster striker with one and a half stars; maybe there's a spot for the second guy, but there's definitely a spot for the first guy.

As far as I can gather, the stars represent how good your player is compared to the best player in that position in the squad.

I guess the scout looks at CA and PA when he evaluates them.

Also be aware that the stars change when your squad does.

I started a game with Bath City in the BSS. In the initial squad some players were 3-4 star players, but after I picked up better free transfer players, or loaned some from my parent club, their stars suddenly dropped to ½-1 stars.

I go for stars to evaluate if a player has a higher CA/PA than my current players, and the stats for the games.

I have no problem selecting my ½-star defender over a 3-star defender, if the ½-star plays better in that position.

Someone else said the same thing and suddenly everything started to make sense to me. I knew the stars had relative worth because 4-star player when you're in the Spanish 2nd Div is a 1/2 star when you're in the BBVA. Anyway, I couldn't figure out though why I was getting players and their stars would decrease or they would only be 2.5 star players despite being phenomenal. But, you explained it.

Archived