Cup between 2 custom leagues...

Cadley X

Create both tournaments (competitions) in the same file. Use the file to set nation rules for either nation. Save the file, then delete nation rules. Set up the other nation's rules. When doing this you can then add a new cup which would also use teams from the first nation's new competitions.

Create both tournaments (competitions) in the same file. Use the file to set nation rules for either nation. Save the file, then delete nation rules. Set up the other nation's rules. When doing this you can then add a new cup which would also use teams from the first nation's new competitions.

Incorrect. When loading the game it will set new id's for each new competition.

If possible, do not "create" new competitions but use existing ones. E.g. I know San Marino and Andorra already have their top leagues in the database so use those. Then in one of the files create a cup, choose just their top league in the wizard and then edit it to include the top league of the other nation. If you have changed the amount of teams in one league then you may need to use the same XML file as before and put the next nations nation_rules on it.

Do not do that if you have created competitions (new competition in db and not nation_rules).

I'm not sure I'm getting you there, Steven. What exactly do you mean by "When loading the game it will set new id's for each new competition"? Presumably their IDs would be different if both were created in the same file, this shouldn't be a real issue should it?

I'm not sure I'm getting you there, Steven. What exactly do you mean by "When loading the game it will set new id's for each new competition"? Presumably their IDs would be different if both were created in the same file, this shouldn't be a real issue should it?

The game would load file 1) see it has two new competitions set. It then loads file 2) and see's that also has two new competitions set (abeit same id). It disregards the same id (as files work together to avoid conflict between peoples files) and inserts 4 competitions into the db instead of 2 resulting in the second file not recognising the league (as the competition in file 2 which has nation_rules in file 1 now has different id's).

Archived