FM10 - Official Knockbreda F.C Thread

SeanH91

Welcome to the Football Manager 2010 Thread of

Knockbreda F.C.

Knockbreda Parish Football Club (also known as Knockbreda) is a Northern Irish football club playing in IFA Championship 2. The club was formed after the Second World War, in 1947, and played in the Irish Churches League before joining the Northern Amateur Football League in 1989. Intermediate status was achieved on promotion to Division 1B in 1997. In 2009, the club was admitted to the IFA Championship.

Football Manager Information

Nation - Northern Ireland

Year Founded - 1947

Status - Semi-Professional

Reputation - National

Chairman Status - Loves the club

Legends, Icons and Favoured Personnel - None, time to make your own!

Fierce Rivals - None

Other Rivals - H&W Welders, Dundela

Finances - Okay

Average Ticket Price - £5.90

Average Season Ticket Price - £43.10

Season Ticket Holders - 28

Estimated Value - £210k

Media Prediction - 8th

Stadium - Breda Park (2500 capacity of which 200 is seated)

Training Facilities - Basic training facilities

Youth Facilities - No youth facilities

Expections - Mid-Table Finish and above

Transfer Budget - £5k

Wage Budget - Not sure

I can't really give an analysis on the squad as I don't have any experience in the Northern Irish League, just wanted a thread for the Knock! If anyone wants to help here, you're welcome to do so.

Recommended Signings

Before you do anything I suggest looking for a Cameroonian DM called Buba, who is a free agent and is more than capable of playing in the Premier Division, never mind League 2!

Other than that, I just recommend you scour the free agents and loans. I got Craig Stoddart, Ceri Roberts and Christopher Ramsey.

Sorry for the lack of information and a badge, but I can't find one anywhere! Any help in building up some more information is welcome.

Thanks to NepentheZ for inspiring me the play as Knockbreda with his fantastic career, I'm sure you will have seen it. Enjoy :D

Link to NepentheZ's career: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=135595

Season 09/10

With this being my first ever game in Northern Ireland and not knowing what to expect, I put the lowest ambition to give myself some breathing space. I brought in seven new players, just to strengthen where my assistant thought we were weak. In came 2 regen goalkeepers which were recommended by my scout, Buba, Craig Stoddart, Ceri Roberts, Davy Junkin and Christopher Ramsey.

The fans go mental about Buba by the way, they love him!

Anyway, to cut a long story short (and I'm not very good at writing updates!) here's a couple of screenshots of my performance in my first season:

League Table

Transfers

I didn't make it far in the Cups, got knocked out by a non-league team in one I remember :thdn:

No interest? :(

Season 10/11

After last year's promotion, I thought we'd have a hard time in a league above considering we didn't play particularly well to get promoted. I also lost a couple of players who played decently in the first season due to me not realising their contracts were running out and didn't offer them a new one until it was too late :(

Surprisingly we went on to our 2nd consecutive promotion, also winning the league with 1 game left to go. Disappointing in the cups again, but I'm not overly bothered about them until I get some consistency in the Premier League.

Buba was the stand out performer again, although his disciplinary record isn't the best.

Screenies:

League Table

Transfers

Lewis Guy and Robert Milsom are 2 must haves if you can get them, unfortunately Guy got injured for 2 months so I haven't been able to play him as of yet.

Always good to see someone take on the challenge in the worst playable league in FM, played with Portstewart a fair bit on FM09, its a slog but rewarding in its own way. Never fails to make me smile when I see Knockbreda crop up on these boards though as its a fairly nondescript area on the fringe of Belfast with a couple of schools, a dole office and little else - google it and a fair chunk of the links would probably direct you to sigames!

But all the best with your game and I'd urge anyone taking up a challenge in NI to look out for Phillip Craig who's a decent defender for that level and unattached at the start.

lol sorry . nice thread , i scored two goals against Knockbreda last season .keep up the good work

Lol that's better :D

Who do you play for like?

I've finished my first season in the Premier League, will post an update when I go on later.

Aww Buba is class :D

Right I cba writing a paragraph so basically in my first season in the Premier League I managed to finish 2nd, 9 points behind Glentoran. I also managed to claim the first trophy of my career, winning the County Antrim Shield.

So 2nd place means UEFA Cup Qualifying :D

I've played the clubs first 2 European games in it's history, and the opposition was Caen from France. I wasn't expecting anything from either game, and when we managed to salvage a 1-1 draw at home I thought well played, but it's not going to matter 'cos we'll get hammered over there. So imagine my surprise when the full time whistle went and we won 3-2!

Onto the 4th qualifying round, and we've been drawn against Portuguese giants Sporting CP. So it looks like my European adventure could well be over for this year, but we should get some decent money from the ties :)

Archived