FM08 create a new team

DerbyTiger

I hope that someone can help me.

I am trying to create a new club and place them in blue square north (BSN). I have everything sorted out apart from finances. I want to start with a completely blank team - no players or staff.

everytime i set the finances to give me about 10 million, more than enough to create a brand new team suitable for BSN, once i start the game it only gives me around 975k.

How can i sort this out?

The game limits your finances based on your club reputation, so unless you're a Championship/Premiership team it'll be difficult to get a £10million bank balance I'd imagine.

The only work-around I know of to this is one I use for my data updates, which is using the 'boost team' code in an EDT file. I presume it'll still work with a newly created team, as it uses the team's name as I.D., you can try it anyway if you want.

The only issue with finances the EDT-way is the transfer budget will be the same as the bank balance in the 1st season (a bug perhaps, as I've done the same in CM 03/04 and that game doesn't do this).

In your example, you could do the following:

1. Create a new Notepad file and type/C&P the following line into it:

"BOOST_TEAM" "<your team's name here>" <your team's bank balance here> <team rep> <team's ave. attendence>

- you'll need to get your team's rep and ave. attendance from the editor before you make the EDT file, as EDT files overwrite any identical fields of information in the editor. (ie. it doesn't matter what balance/rep/attendance you put for your team in the editor, the game will read the EDT file data and use that instead)

Here's an example of code giving Man City. £200million, team rep. 8000, ave. attendance 46500, so you know what it should look like:

"BOOST_TEAM" "Manchester City" 200000000 8000 46500

Hope this helps, if you want anymore info. just let us know anyway. :)

Archived