Which payers’ attributes should be high to able play very quick tempo?

I want my team to play as quick tempo as possible. So I set the tempo level on maximum (in team instructions). But during match I always getting feedback that some of my players “used to play at lower tempo then I ask”

So, which payers’ attributes should be high to able play very quick tempo?

Some suggestions that is not working:

- They should be quick (agility, pace, acceleration)

- They should be able to passing without mistake at quick tempo (passing, first touch, decision)

- They should be able work hardly all match and all season (hard working, fitness, stamina)

- They should has “dictate tempo” as a preferred movement

Any other suggestions, guys?

Dammit - you make 2 almost identical but opposite posts!!!

I wrote:

To answer your question, high tempo requires stamina and the ability to think quickly - decisions, for example.

However, if the team as a whole are fine and one player isn't up to pace, it means he hasn't gelled yet. I'd be inclined to leave him and give him time to adjust to how the team plays.

The other attributes you list all help. However, not the PPM. Dictate tempo means increase and decrease it. It's for a playmaker; you only want one. I'd also caution against max tempo the whole match - players will get knackered and the chances on injuries and late mistakes will increase.

Dammit - you make 2 almost identical but opposite posts!!!

I wrote:

The other attributes you list all help. However, not the PPM. Dictate tempo means increase and decrease it. It's for a playmaker; you only want one. I'd also caution against max tempo the whole match - players will get knackered and the chances on injuries and late mistakes will increase.

Do you know it from official source (manual, guides like Tactical Theorems ‘10 and so on), or from unofficial (personal experience, forums)? Phnompenhandy, I asking this because I want to build all my tactics around High Tempo Strategy (it is a main point in my coaching), that is why I need an very official knowledge.

And of cause while many skills needed do play whole match in high tempo (including those which you and I mentioned), I need to know two or three most important for every player.

I hope somebody found this answer in official guides and can help me, because I cant't do it during third day.

Those 'player is used to such and such' disappear after a while. I don't know exactly how long but if you intend to consistently use a high tempo it should stop soon enough.

Thanks, I assume thet thouse feedback showing only for new players which is not adapted in my team yet. So, if they have high adaptility than this can disappear soon.

Thanks, I assume thet thouse feedback showing only for new players which is not adapted in my team yet. So, if they have high adaptility than this can disappear soon.

As far as I know adaptability is more to do with settling in a foreign country but I wouldn't quote me on that as I've never looked into it in any great detail.

Archived