Have i made a mistake?

I bought Yohann Gourcuff from AC Milan in the first season for £5.75mil (to Ajax).

In the first season he was more of a back up player and in the second season he had a series of injuries that meant he spent most of the season in the treatment room or in the reserves.

In the summer before my 3rd season Man City enquired about him. As a bit of a joke i decided to not ask for any cash but for a player exchange for Van Der Vaart (who City had stole from under me in the 1st summer).

I made the offer not thinking it would happen as Van Der Vaart is usually around £20mil but they accepted it and getting carried away with myself i signed him - but now i'm thinking how good and what value must Gourcuff have been if he is considered exchangable with Van Der Vaart and have i let a possible great player go?

Originally posted by TheFuzzyOne:

Gourcuff's not bad.

But VDV is the best.

Get Arshavin! Did you see the way he murdered Holland?

Arshavin fm 09 should be a beast in the last 2 games he has been aamzing! if russia get to the final and maybe win it and he keeps playing the way he is then def player of tournament but tbh podolski looks great too but will probably be overlooked because villa has scored more.

Archived