Barclaycard Premiership Challenge Clan Thread!

The Barclaycard Challenge Premiership Clan was started by me Jake ,

Jakes first recruitment was old friend of a previous clan Haza Barker, jake then moved to bringing in Al, Hunter, Griders and John (min). All managers met in the draw room, where griders was drawn first to pick a team from 9th - 20th media prediction rather suprisingly he chose Birmingham which proved to be a wise choice after other members discovered there transfer budget, research was obviously done. next up was Hunter who chose west ham, much to the dismay of Haza this being the team he cherishes. Haza then chose wolves claiming "i just couldnt be scumderland" referring to sunderland, then Jake chose sunderland and Al chose fulham . After missing the 1st session by good reason ollie was allowed another shot in the clan and he came into to guide a stoke side.

The clan set to start Thursday 4th march 6-8pm and will keep to this time every week as well as sundays at 3-5pm.

Rules

Hamachi used

only commentary or 2d classic max used at a full speed

no bidding for human managers players without conferring

friendly banter allowed :D

Assistant contols friendlies

more to be displayed

Teams Not Chosen

Burnley

Blackburn

pompey

Wigan

Hull

Jake- Sunderland

Haza- Wolverhampton

Hunter- West Ham

Griders- Birmingham

Al Modo- Fulham

Ollie- Stoke

John Min - Bolton

http://www.barclaycardpremiershipchallenge.webs.com/

Thursday 4th March 2010 Summary

Sunderland-Jake

Brought in 4 smashing signings, started off with brazilian legend emerson bought to add steel to the middle of the park, then i moved to a fellow free agent in ghana's rock at the back abubakari yakubu to add some much needed depth to the defence, the last 2 moves of the day came with a raid of the championship bringing in george boyd for 1.4 million and aron gunnarson for 1 million.

only 2 sales were made due to the current small state of sunderlands squad, trevor carson was first out for 40k to exeter, and then suprisingly enough, the fat pele, whos as sharp as a marble, andy reid was sold to tottenham for 3.5 million.

Some very interesting bids and enquiries were made who havent yet replied, sundays session will reveal more.

West Ham - hunter

From going into this season happy with a top ten finish but secretly hoping to rustle the feathers of the big boys, to now just hoping he doesn't suffer the embarresment of falling below, our resident cheeky chappy schoolboy, Haza. After agreeing deals for major players in the game, I was somewhat dissapointed that Gourcuff 17.5m, and Dzeko 22.5 stayed with their initial decisions in rejecting moves to Upton Park.

However it only got worse for me, as it was on a small technicality that I really suffered. There was some muted talk about agreeing deals "over 48 months" being unethical, it was the first I had heard of this, however after two particular members likened it to "masterburting on an aeroplane" I decided to call a vote as to whether everyone would have to bid everything upfront for a player, or whether we were allowed to bid over time, and include other clauses. The votes swang in favour of straight forward upfront bidding, and with that my hopes of signing Hamsik, Sissoko, and Ansildi crumbled faster than the cookie I dunked in my cup of tea whilst playing.

So with this new bidding structure in place I have only just began to rebuild my targets. I feel this bidding will set me back this season, but I do agree it makes it more realistic, and I still feel with time I can be a fighting force in the premiership.

Wolverhampton Wanderers - Haza

As the curtain came down on the unveiling Press Conference of Wolves boss Harry Barker, one thing could be said for sure, and that was that Wolves had a new found ambition, and that Barker was looking to maximise his potential and in doing so fulfill the potential of the Wolves side.

Barker started his duties by transfer listing almost half the squad, within days they had seen the exit of Wayne Hennessey, Stephen Ward and Jody Craddock and it is expected that many more will follow.

Coming in to replace Ward at left back was the loanee signing of Manchester City reject Javier Garrido for a season, which was followed by the loan signing of Rangers young boy John Fleck. Another Scot joining the Wolves was youngster Andrew Driver, but this time he was a 1m permanent signing for the boys that play in Orange. The final piece of business for Barker's men on a busy first day of Football Managing was the 800k signing of Sporting Lisbon Striker yannick Djalo as backup for Doyle and Ebanks Blake who is currently unsettled.

Birmingham City - Griders

Although I've been given alot of money to spend, I decided very early on in the game that I wouldnt spend it unless the right players come along and true to my word the only signing I have made so far is a loanee. However i'm sure things will change soon....

The above mentioned loan signing was Razvan Rat from Shaktar Donetsk costing £800k, who has mainly been signed as cover for the first team.

Main aim will be to avoid relegation and to cause a few upsets along the way

Sunday 7th March 2010 Summary

Jake- Sunderland

spurs legend Steffen iversen was brought in at 650k to warm the bench, but who knows?!, vratislav gresko signed on a free for cover, so then i thought something big has to be done so many bids were made for class acts with the very small budget i have.

in the friendlies which my assistant takes ive won all 3 so far with scores of 3-0, 4-0 and 4-0 so all good to the back 4 so far, benjani has scored 5 goals in these 3 games which suggests he could be the seasons suprise package!

a few signings are very close to being snapped up and these are certainly going to be the conclusion of my window activity, unless of course one of them unexpected gems pops up on the list ;)

Sunday 7th March 2010 Summary

hunter - West Ham

Having been called up at the last minute, to sort out matters in the real football world at Chelsea FC, I had to leave my trusty assistant manager in charge for this session. However being the manager I am, I was on the phone to my trusty assistant the whole time, and a special thanks to Jake who updated me on proceedings. I am pleased with the end result of the session, as valuable South Americans were signed in Ochoa and Jadson. Lets hope they are as good as the last South American who graced Upton Park, and is now fighting it for a place at the big money club a bit further north. Another small update is Sandro may be coming on loan if he can pass the work permit, I have still not totally decided on this one. I don't want to limit first team opportunities for any of my essex midfielders! All in all a good session for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Jake- Sunderland

2 games into the first season, i started off with an away trip to st andrews where rival clan member griders waited and put out a 4-3-3 much to my surprise, the game started well for me, with sunderland dominating possession, however shockingly i went into the HT interval 1-0 down, i rallied the troops and sent them back out with 2 men down Bent and cattermole pickin up knocks. the game went from bad to worse in the 2nd half when ultimately the FT score read Birmingham 4-0 Sunderland :( , 2nd game saw the first home game against Burnley, an easy 3-1 win was played out including a bent brace and Mr Capello are u watching man of the match performance from Jordan Henderson!

Archived