If you where Barcelona's manager, which player do you prefer to be a playmaker:

(1)Xavi, because he have the best playmakers skills in Barcelona, or

(2)Messi, because he probably the best in the world and you want him to play with the ball more often than other players?

I am interesting to know more about "Playmaker" option in FM, how it working in the game. What dose it mean excep thet player will recive more passes? Becouse if it is only way it has an impact, than better to chouse the best player to be a playmaker, not the best passer.

Having the best player do it is pretty pointless unless its central in the park. I wouldn't play someone at DM or on the wings as playmaker. I personally like to give it to an AMC or an attacking CM, typically.

Messi could feasibly do it, but I'd probably give Iniesta a more attacking role and give him the playmaker role.

It worked for me on 10.2, up in the air on 10.3, as I haven't tested

In playmaker option's description you can find thet it is preferable position for playmaker, but it is recomended thet he has attaking duty.

As for me, it is more logical to have supporting playmaker (Xavi) than attaking(Messi), but SI gays points that it is work better with attaking duty.

As for Iniesta - he not worse then Xavi, but he is less creative and worse passer

Wel, why not in a sense use both, set Xavi up as your playmaker in team instructions, but if you want to see Messi get more of the ball too why not set Messi up as a Target man playing as an inside forward forward and set target man supply to feet or even better run onto ball. This has worked wonders for me.

Not strictly two playmakers but you want Messi involved as much as possible in the right areas, ie the final third

Xavi is the modern playmaker in the Barca set up. The playmaker is the player who the others in the team look to pass to and get involved so as to control the game. Xavi is that player for Barca. Rijkaard once said that without Xavi Barca wouldn't function properly as he is the one who makes everything tick in the heart of the midfield.

I agree. But u talking about real world, we- about FM engein wich is working often differently

I disagree. The FM world is as close to reality as it gets. I wouldnt argue with any of the stats Xavi has on FM. I think they compliment him very well. For this reason the FM world should closely match the real world. Should it not?

I agree in terms of player's skills, but thous skills and tactical instructions is differently impact on match cours, then it can be in real world. For example, which skills shoud have defenders to play well whit "deep defensive line" instructions, on your opinion?

I disagree. The FM world is as close to reality as it gets. I wouldnt argue with any of the stats Xavi has on FM. I think they compliment him very well. For this reason the FM world should closely match the real world. Should it not?

Well, no. That only works if Xavi's skills as reflected in his attributes translate into the same sort of performances in the match engine as his real-life skills translate into in a real game. In other words, only if the match engine accurately and exactly matches real-world football. As good as the FM match engine is, it's not that good yet!

Well, no. That only works if Xavi's skills as reflected in his attributes translate into the same sort of performances in the match engine as his real-life skills translate into in a real game. In other words, only if the match engine accurately and exactly matches real-world football. As good as the FM match engine is, it's not that good yet!

... and it will not be very accurately ever. It is not possible. I think what we need more in tactics is clear understending of what skills from whom needed to preforme each team and player's instruction, in similar way, we already have it for player's roles and duties.

Of course it isnt going to match real life football. But this is the reason we have attributes, so as to define how a player performs in the match engine. This is what im trying to get at. If a player has a creativity attribute of 18 then it is safe to say this player is the creative force within a team. Xavi's attributes in game reflect his real life ability very well. Therefore the way he plays in game will be relatively similar to the way he plays in real life. Because the match engine is modelled on real life actions and interactions between the players. If Xavi didnt play in game similar to how he plays in real life then there would be an outcry on these forums. Just as if Drogba wasnt a strong powerful target man in game, then likewise there would be mass complaints. However in both of these circumstances the players are justified in FM because there attributes and personalities have been copied very well.

Archived