10.3 tackling flawedbig time

Closing down has been more of an issue for me, either 2 - 3 players go hence leaving a massive amount of space, or no one closes down and they all back off again leaving a load of space and giving the opponents free shots on my goal. That and my German centrehalf seems to think I've given him orders to decapitate anyone who enters the penalty area.

It's always the same - SI want the match engine to be entertaining, so they spend far too much time making attacking play look good while they always somehow manage to cripple defending.

I've noticed that full backs still do not tackle at all when a winger is running at them. They do what they've done for the last 10 updates - run side by side with them and let them cross.

I've noticed that full backs still do not tackle at all when a winger is running at them. They do what they've done for the last 10 updates - run side by side with them and let them cross.

is there anything you can do to combat this

It's perfectly possible to defend. On my first full season using the 10.3 ME, my stats were as follows:

P 62 F 111 A 23

My Mistakes Leading to Goal stat was 0. I also scored a goal for every 6.66 shot attempts and every 3.1 on target.

Rather than just moaning about perceived flaws, perhaps it would be better to take the time to write down how you are trying to play, so this forum is of use to you. If you think this is a bug, why post it here? If it is, there's nothing you can do tactically, is there?

Archived