[FM2010 Patch 10.3]Orz Tactics——Make The AI Orz!

Due to the creator of tactics always been suspected to use cheats, therefore i would prefer using the results from others players to prove my tactics.

Thank you for lobsman and andysafc's tests!

It's probably due to the cfact that you have too many players underperforming, and you did not adjust/change/alter your tatics in time to adapt to that.

On the other hand, the AI of FM often cheats in order to ehance the game's lasting appeal and difficulty (which is positive as it increases the game playability), the usual cheating manipulations by AI are

U have a higher chance of underperforming and losing to weaker teams when u are in a winning streak or in a run of matches being undefeated. It's almost impossible to win all matches or not to lose any matches throughout the entire season.

AI's crossing, long shots, shots on target has a much higher succesful/completion ratio than human players

"The Flying Buffon" aka. the unbeatable GK as well as those irritating woodworks and bars

AI forward's goalless streaks always end in matches against the human players' teams

That is very true for all SI games to date. Even in CM this was bloody nightmare :).

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Due to the creator of tactics always been suspected to use cheats, therefore i would prefer using the results from others players to prove my tactics.

Thank you for lobsman and andysafc's tests!

It's probably due to the cfact that you have too many players underperforming, and you did not adjust/change/alter your tatics in time to adapt to that.

On the other hand, the AI of FM often cheats in order to ehance the game's lasting appeal and difficulty (which is positive as it increases the game playability), the usual cheating manipulations by AI are

U have a higher chance of underperforming and losing to weaker teams when u are in a winning streak or in a run of matches being undefeated. It's almost impossible to win all matches or not to lose any matches throughout the entire season.

AI's crossing, long shots, shots on target has a much higher succesful/completion ratio than human players

"The Flying Buffon" aka. the unbeatable GK as well as those irritating woodworks and bars

AI forward's goalless streaks always end in matches against the human players' teams

Be careful what you are saying my friend. Whether you believe this is true or not some people take offence to comments like that and could close the thread! I know what you are saying though but don't really want to get into that sort of dicussion for the good of the thread.

Here is an example of my second season problems...

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/747/guiar.jpg

As you can see i can't do no wrong in any cup competition which version of the tactic i use. I've won the League Cup already, into the FA Cup Final and continuing in the Europa League. I feel i have a good understanding of how the tactic set works and when to change things to good effect. That can also be said about the League in Season One but second time around it just isn't effective. Just don't know why. Anyone else suffering from Second Season Syndrome with this tactic?

I seem to suffer most against the lower teams.

To andysafc :

That's many Chinese FMers's experiences,not only mine.

and Info0 said,"That is very true for all SI games to date. Even in CM this was bloody nightmare " here.

Because the AI will orientate your tactic when you are using only 1 tactic for a long time, so you can use "Zero" and "Sea "by turn. (eg. when you are using 1 tactic for a long time, the AI will somehow trash your tactic and beat you to it. So i make some tactics for you all to switch into.)

And,you can try my "Samba Football"http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=196795

To andysafc :

That's many Chinese FMers's experiences,not only mine.

and Info0 said,"That is very true for all SI games to date. Even in CM this was bloody nightmare " here.

Because the AI will orientate your tactic when you are using only 1 tactic for a long time, so you can use "Zero" and "Sea "by turn. (eg. when you are using 1 tactic for a long time, the AI will somehow trash your tactic and beat you to it. So i make some tactics for you all to switch into.)

And,you can try my "Samba Football"http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=196795

I do rotate between Sea/Zero, in the first season i found i could rotate just between 4-3-3 and 4-2-4 both Zero and Sea, but Second season that is not enough. I was hovering around the relegation zone so i started including 4-2-3-1 Sea/Zero and i recovered to mid table but still can't get any consistancy to push up the table. Yet which ever version i pick for the Cups it works wonders!

actually did you check you back room advice about how your team react to higher rep team or lower rep team? i think heathxxx got say something about reputation in the game. maybe that is 1 of the problem your team is struggling for your season?

People always seem to think along these lines, with every version of FM. That the AI "knows" what your tactic is and will purposely combat it, being something "built into" the game, or that the AI is even that clever, is some way wide of the mark.

What actually happens is if you're team is consistently doing well, maintaining unbeaten runs, or performing above expectations, or even playing badly, playing below expectations, AI teams will play more defensively or more offensively based on your growing or declining reputation.

Generally speaking, based on your reputation, opponents will either attack more if they're higher reputation, or defend more if they're lower reputation. Reputation is a very important factor in the game and your reputation will change continually based on results. This is what the AI is responding more to, than any innate and sudden ability to nullify your tactics.

For my own part, often managing smaller clubs, I often over-achieve against bigger clubs, because my own offensive tactical preferences take advantage of teams who attack me from the off. Although they are higher reputation, I might be using my players attributes better than the AI, therefore I can afford to attack them more. Lower reputation teams, I tend to be more conservative against and try a more controlled approach to draw their defensive approach further up the pitch, because no matter how offensive you go, if your opponent sits ten men behind the ball, it's always difficult to break them down.

this is the thread.. might give you some info.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=195468&highlight=xiaoicy

Some great results there :thup:

How do you approach using the different tactics within the set (i.e. which tactics do you use and when do you use them?)?

Thanks Frozen ;)

I lead Real by 1 point with 31 played and still yet to play them atm.

I found the best way to choose the correct tactic is to look at the match odds and weather prediction. If it is wet and windy go for the Sea tactics otherwise start with Zero but be prepared to switch. If the opposition is favourites then they are likely to come and attack you so I like the 4-3-3 deadly. However, if you feel that the other team may be favourites but your whole team is superior then line up with the 4-2-4. It has backfired a few times when I got a bit ambitious, but I have pasted Athletico Madrid (similar rep team) 3-0 with this away this season and 4-0 at home and then beat Barcelona the next game 4-1 at the Nou Camp though the scoreline is perhaps a bit flattering I did play considerably better than them.

I also find that if something isn't working, give it about 25 mins (as sometimes it just happens that way and you come right back into it) and if it still isn't working then switch to full highlights and work out what the problem is. If you can't seem to get the ball forward into dangerous positions then switch to the Sea version of the same tactic. If your forward is isolated then switch to the 4-2-3-1 or 4-2-4. If they're getting a lot of joy on the wings then switch to a 4-3-3 as the full backs stay back on this one and defend (its more of a counter attack tactic).

You get the odd game when you just can't score and hit the bar ten times or your strikers suddenly develop an attraction to smashing it into the crowd from 10 yards out but this happens regularly in the premier league to the top teams e.g. Chelsea vs Blackburn this weekend or w/e and it appears to have an equal chance of happening to the comp so I think it's fine and just focus on the next game.

The other thing I find helps is if a star player isn't playing that well, either criticise him in the press or drop him for a few games - normally focuses his mind and they come back much better for it and my team has a funny way of finding goals from unexpected places.

It really is quite a complete tactic set so well done ZeroSea :)

I lead Real by 1 point with 31 played and still yet to play them atm.

I found the best way to choose the correct tactic is to look at the match odds and weather prediction. If it is wet and windy go for the Sea tactics otherwise start with Zero but be prepared to switch. If the opposition is favourites then they are likely to come and attack you so I like the 4-3-3 deadly. However, if you feel that the other team may be favourites but your whole team is superior then line up with the 4-2-4. It has backfired a few times when I got a bit ambitious, but I have pasted Athletico Madrid (similar rep team) 3-0 with this away this season and 4-0 at home and then beat Barcelona the next game 4-1 at the Nou Camp though the scoreline is perhaps a bit flattering I did play considerably better than them.

I also find that if something isn't working, give it about 25 mins (as sometimes it just happens that way and you come right back into it) and if it still isn't working then switch to full highlights and work out what the problem is. If you can't seem to get the ball forward into dangerous positions then switch to the Sea version of the same tactic. If your forward is isolated then switch to the 4-2-3-1 or 4-2-4. If they're getting a lot of joy on the wings then switch to a 4-3-3 as the full backs stay back on this one and defend (its more of a counter attack tactic).

You get the odd game when you just can't score and hit the bar ten times or your strikers suddenly develop an attraction to smashing it into the crowd from 10 yards out but this happens regularly in the premier league to the top teams e.g. Chelsea vs Blackburn this weekend or w/e and it appears to have an equal chance of happening to the comp so I think it's fine and just focus on the next game.

The other thing I find helps is if a star player isn't playing that well, either criticise him in the press or drop him for a few games - normally focuses his mind and they come back much better for it and my team has a funny way of finding goals from unexpected places.

It really is quite a complete tactic set so well done ZeroSea :)

I have create tactic since FM930, and i believe i have a lot of experiences.

I belive only one tactic is hardly be good for all condition, so I use 8 tactics:D

You have many experiences too.

This screen shows the highs and lows of this tactic...

guiar.jpg

In the Euro Cup, amazing! Winning the final against Arsenal. Full credit to Zero Sea for this great tactic. Great results against Chelsea and Man Utd in the League but how can it perform so bad against other teams?

I read what Heath had to say about lower rep teams and tried to change my approach instead of attacking but to no success. Hopefully 3rd season won't be as bad as i will only finish mid table unless my superb Euro success is taking into account.

Thanks to Zero Sea though for the great suuceess that i have enjoyed.

Something is wrong with the V8 download, I keep getting this error for the last hour or so:

File is Unavailable.

The file you are attempting to download is not currently available on our servers or is being processed. Please try your download in a few minutes.

Something is wrong with the V8 download, I keep getting this error for the last hour or so:

File is Unavailable.

The file you are attempting to download is not currently available on our servers or is being processed. Please try your download in a few minutes.

Thank you! I've Uploaded again.

actually did you check you back room advice about how your team react to higher rep team or lower rep team? i think heathxxx got say something about reputation in the game. maybe that is 1 of the problem your team is struggling for your season?

this is the thread.. might give you some info.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=195468&highlight=xiaoicy

Whilst i understand everyone has their own opinion it is my own opinion that something is written into the program to cause 2nd season syndrome. During the 2nd season i really struggled to get anything going (EPL Only) yet in season 3 i'm using the exact same tact set as season one and two yet look how it's going...

resultse.jpg

Whilst i understand everyone has their own opinion it is my own opinion that something is written into the program to cause 2nd season syndrome. During the 2nd season i really struggled to get anything going (EPL Only) yet in season 3 i'm using the exact same tact set as season one and two yet look how it's going...

resultse.jpg

Good luck!

And,I'm working for new version now.

hmm ok... cause the right central defender scores every match... isaac vorsah scored ~13 goals / season.. 99% after corners

Because your DC are very strong.

If you use corner bug, your one player will score 40--80 goals / season :)

hm i used zero and i used sea.. zero = attack as setting in ingame screen.. .sea = defense in ingame screen ? :D

is that correct ?

You're also right

And,

1."Sea" are good tactics when the weather condition are raining.(long passing)

2.Fool the AI (Because the AI will orientate your tactic when you are using only 1 tactic for a long time)

hmm but it seems, that "zero" has more effect.. good games with zero.. bad games with sea.. :-/

You can see the old poll (Patch 10.2)

Zero 433 131 42.81% (Many people want to see the poll result ,so it's not really true)

Zero 4231 45 14.71%

Zero 424 37 12.09%

Sea 433 39 12.75%

Sea 4231 35 11.44%

Sea 424 48 15.69%

Zero and Sea are just a little different

I do have one notice the teamtalk in mine opinion it dusnt work like it suppose to the ( i have faith in you ).

hmm... for me, cause im the one who test on his teamtalk, i do have good result. in the 1st season, my players usually have at least 2-3 boost in the teamtalk and at least 1-2 players got the "super boost" during 2nd half teamtalk. but when i go into the 2nd season, the result drop by abit. not sure is it due to 10.3 patch, they now usually only have 1-2 boost in 1st half, and only 2-3 boost in 2nd half. "Super boost" only come out sometime, but at least it is still working.

so the main thing now is, maybe you can check on your team personality? whether they are ambitious, determine, or other personality? that maybe helps abit for us to solve your problem.

thanks.

Archived