Good Tactic For Preston?

I'm currently playing as PNE in my 3rd season now, having won automatic promotion to the Premiership in season 2 after a mid-table finish during season 1.

Like anything, there's no magic formula, but I'll happily give you some pointers based purely on my own experience.

- 442 is perfectly good for that team. While in the CCC I played direct, limited creative freedom and no roaming.

- Callum Davidson is a very good captain. But, while his best position is listed as LB, I found him to be too slow for this role. Play him as a defensive central midfielder, where his excellent mental stats are of most benefit. He'll just keep things nice and calm in the middle for you

- Up front, from the strikers at your disposal, I like Chris Brown (as a deep lying striker, support) and Stephen Elliott (poacher, or advanced forward). Neil Mellor and Jon Parkin make good target men, but were too slow for my liking

Really though, when you start the game, the big thing about that squad is a lack of pace and you will need to address it. One advantage you'll have is, in January, you'll get about £3.5m from the sale of Shaun St Ledger.

Archived