FM08: Official bayern munich thread

Wilson7

bayern-munich-logo.gif

FC Bayern Munich (German: FC Bayern München) is a German sports club based in Munich, Bavaria. It was founded in 1900 by eleven football players led by Franz John. It is best known for its football team, which is one of the most successful in the world with 2 Intercontinental Cups, 4 European Champions League titles, 1 UEFA Cup title, and 1 Cup Winners' Cup title. With 20 national championships, and 14 German Cups, Bayern Munich is also Germany's most successful football club. Revenues of €223.7 million make it the 7th richest football club in the world

Bayern is a membership based club and with more than 140,000 members, the third largest in the world after SL Benfica and FC Barcelona. Since the beginning of the 2005-06 season Munich plays its home games in the Allianz Arena, after playing for 33 years in the Olympic Stadium.

Full Name : FC Bayern Munich

Nickname : Die Bayern (The Bavarians) or Die Roten (The Reds)

Founded : 1900

Ground : Allianz Arena (Capacity: 69,901)

Chairman : Franz Beckenbauer

Manager : the user

Trophy's:

German Champions: 20 (record)

1931/32, 1968/69, 1971/72, 1972/73, 1973/74, 1979/80, 1980/81, 1984/85, 1985/86, 1986/87, 1988/89, 1989/90, 1993/94, 1996/97, 1998/99, 1999/2000, 2000/01, 2002/03, 2004/05, 2005/06,

German Cup: 13 (record)

1957, 1966, 1967, 1969, 1971, 1982, 1984, 1986, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006,

League Cup: 6 (record)

1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2004, 2007

German Supercup: 3

1982 (Unofficial), 1987, 1990

Fuji-Cup: 2

1994, 1995

Intercontinental Cup: 2

1976, 2001

UEFA Champions League/European Cup: 4

1974, 1975, 1976, 2001

European Cup Winners Cup: 1

UEFA Cup: 1

Current squad:

Player

1 GK Michael Rensing

2 DF Willy Sagnol

3 DF Lúcio

5 DF Daniel Van Buyten

6 DF Martín Demichelis

7 MF Franck Ribéry

8 MF Hamit Altıntop

9 FW Luca Toni

11 FW Lukas Podolski

15 MF Zé Roberto

16 MF Andreas Ottl

17 MF Mark van Bommel

18 FW Miroslav Klose

20 MF José Ernesto Sosa

21 DF Philipp Lahm

22 GK Hans-Jörg Butt

23 DF Marcell Jansen

24 MF Tim Borowski

27 FW Daniel Sikorski

30 DF Christian Lell

31 MF Bastian Schweinsteiger

33 DF Breno

35 GK Thomas Kraft

36 MF Stephan Fürstner

39 MF Toni Kroos ( one to look out for )(Scout : quality player )

42 GK Jens mustermann ( also known as Kahn )

Expectation's : you are expected to at least put in a challenge for the bundesliga , you get 8million transfer which you can change by adjusting your budgets ( up to about 23 million)

have fun and enojoy the game,come on the bayern / Haben Sie Spaß und enojoy das Spiel. kommt auf den bayern ( hope thats right )

Wilson7

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice thread mate, Ive got a Bayern save going to, about 10 games or so in.

You should of kept Toni mate, he is class for two seasons imo, and i think you paid a little to much for paul robinson, could of got better for £12M imo.

Other than that some good transfers, Whats Nihat like? never had him before.

ok thanks, do you still have Kahn?

Also what swingstiger (sp) like for you?

I sold him to porto on my game for £16M + 30% sell on, as he never does that well for me, So got Mattis Fenandez instead for £11M.

München being my hometown i of course had a Bayern save before but i got boring very fast. i fancy a challenge but that save was way too easy.

about the squad list: Butt and Borowski arent in our squad when the game starts. the squad list you posted is too new. also Kahn is Nr 1.

as for your transfers im not too fond of them. especially because we would never buy and english goalie. ever. considering how much goalkeeping talent we got in germany.

and lastly "kommt auf den bayern"? did you try putting come on bayern into babelfish or something? that came out very wrong im afraid. the only thing i can think of now resembling that would be: Auf geht's Bayern!

there only squad numbers , kahn is still on there lol. i cant speak german yes i used a translator.

lfc25 still have kahn he spare goalie , and Schweinsteiger he's playin good for me at moment i gave him a free roll running into strikers

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, I am Bayern Munich now in my game after 5 good years at chelsea. I am currently in the 2012-13 season,top of the league near christmas and though to the champion's league knock-out stage. My main rivals for the title are wolfsberg who are the current holders so I am trying to win the title and build a good team during my 2 year contract. I have a few good youngsters in the under 19's who I have sent on loan and a good 20 year old striker who will be promoted to the first team squad after christmas. My present top scorer is Christopher Samba with 12 goals from corners whilst Poldoski has 8.Will update later.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I stayed one season and won the Bundesliga title and the League cup and reached the Champions League semi final knocking out Inter Milan 8-5 on aggin the QF. Sorry but Roma offered me a job and I had to take it as there is a challenge there after they finished 12th in serie A so Auf Wiedersehen Bayern and all the best for the future.

• 2 weeks later...
im on 8.02 and want to start as Bayern.

Any ideas as to who to sign and what youth to sign in season 1?

would help to know what formation you play mate.

generally speaking theres quite a few aging stars that need long term replacements, some sooner, some later.

Kahn retires after the first season and is good to go until january at least in my experience. Rensing having a random PA sometimes is his ideal replacement but sometimes if he has a low PA you need to invest into a keeper in season 2. if Rensing doesnt turn out good you should look to sign one of the usual goalies like Ochoa Lloris or Neuer. Neuer while having the bonus of being german will usually a bit more expensive than the others as Schalke are relucant to sell to their rivals. soem €20m may be needed for neuer the others would be a bit cheaper.

Lucio can probably still play well for 3 seasons but he is quite lacking in his positioning a key stat for a centre back. i would either sell him straight away bearing in mind that the most you will probably get for him at the start is about €15m and invest that sum into buying Barzagli or play Lucio for the first season and then sell him after that. that way you could probably get closer to €20-25m.

Ze Roberto tends to decline quite fast but it is hard to get rid of him because of his advancing years and because he just rejoined. youll probably have to keep him around therefore. he provides good cover for the first season at least though so its not that bad. you dont really need a replacement for him because youre still quite well covered on the wide midfield positions even without him with Sosa Ribéry Schweini and Altintop.

Sagnol usually declines a lot during the second season so i would advise to get rid of him in january. you wont be able to offload him earlier because of his injury. because of that(and because Christian Lell is quite HEAVILY UNDERRATED i might add) it is also adviseable to get another fullback in. one should suffice though because Lahm can play either side. if you rotate a lot get 2. someone like Chretien Clerc or Rafinha for the right or Armand Traore or someone similiar for the left.

Van Bommel is another player you may look to get rid of. although he is awesome IRL it is quite tempting to sell him since you usually can get €15m(usually from tottenham in my games) for him and buy Zapater who is much younger for €10m as direct replacement.

Klose has some 3 and Toni 2 at seasons left at least so the attack is not a pressing issue but you may look to bring someone young in who will be ready to step up in 2-3 years time. Balotelli for example would be awesome by then but very expensive.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all.

I've decided to update on my Bayern save, I'm currently in December 2009 so I'll gradually bring you up to speed. The first post will be the most detailed as, with most new starts, there is a lot to change to bring the club into line.

2007/2008 - preseason

New manager "ade334" takes over FC Bayern München after a poor season leaves the club out of the Champions League places. This is the Englishman's first managerial role, but the board and fans are quietly confident that he is the man to take the club forward.

After a meeting with the Chairman, Franz Beckenbauer, "ade334" makes it clear that the upcoming season will be one where the club will bounce straight back to the top of German football. There will be no transitional phase required. With this, he is handed a transfer kitty of £21,000,000 and extremely generous wage bugdet of £1,300,000 with which to do business.

Always keen on bringing in young talent, "ade334" set about putting his stamp on the club, and quickly found some bargains in the youth teams across Europe and South America. Closer to home, though, was the manager's prime target, as HSV's Rafael Van der Vaart became Munich's most expensive and high profile signing of the summer at £10,750,000

The manager also saw some players in the squad who he felt would not add anything substantial, so allowed to leave were Dan Twardzik, Mario Erb, Matthias Haas, Mehmet Ekici and Viktor Bopp. Players who commanded a transfer fee and moved elsewhere were Michael Kokocinski, Christian Lell, José Sosa, Mark van Bommel and Daniel Van Buyten. The latter 2, although many experts considered them an integral part of the setup in Munich, were allowed to join Tottenham in England for a combined fee of £12,000,000

Over the course of the summer, 20 new faces joined the ranks, with future transfers already secured for 10 more (Tim Borowski, André Ayew, Jozy Altidore, Alessandro Tuia, Lucas Trecarichi, Mateo Musacchio, Ransford Osei, Josh Lambo, Yoel Goldstein and Martín Galván).

Of the new players, some were brought in to make an immediate impact (Rafeal van der Vaart, Christopher Samba, Steven Defour), but the majority were purchased for the future of the club, either as future players or future profit. These were Diego Buonanotte, Rene Mihelic, Mamadou Sakho, Pablo Piatti, Henri Saivet, Younousse Sankharé, Benoît Costil, Kevin Kunkel, Miralem Pjanic, Samuel, Sotiris Ninis, Kwabena Agouda, Alejandro Gómez, Stélvio, Kirill Pavlyuchek, Carsten Meyer and Jordan Spence

Next, the manager worked on the backroom staff. Out went coaches Kurt Niedermayer, Björn Andersson and assistant manager Michael Henke as in came Reinhold Breu, Markus Zetimeisl, Remy Renierse and Bernhard Peters. Ricardo Moniz - who became the manager's new assistant - was also put in charge of the U19 and the U23 team.

Tactically, the manager chose a variety of "Kimz" tactic. It involved a back 4, with the fb's pushing up only to the wb position, the cm's dropping to the dm position, an amc dropping to the cm position, an amr and aml pushing up and in to the fc position, and a fc

The best side (available) at the start of the season was

gk - Kahn

dr - Sagnol (Lahm)

dl - Lahm (Jansen)

dc* - Samba

dc - Lúcio

mc - Defour

mc - Demichelis

aml - Schweinsteiger

amr - Ribéry

amc - van der Vaart

fc - Klose

*note: this is the position that takes advantage of the corner exploit.

Strength - up front. Klose or Toni could both perform well, Podolski could do a job plus play aml if needed. In terms of the future too, these 3 have some nice ppm's to pass on.

Weakness - midfield. Defour isn't really suited to the role, and Ottl is not good enough backup. I was starting to think it was a mistake to sell van Bommel without buying an immediate replacement (Zapater would have been ideal, but wasn't interested in a move to Germany). Also none of the defenders/midfielders have good ppm's for training purposes.

More updates will follow, the next one will take you through the first season.

2007-2008 season

Assistant manager Ricardo Moniz took charge for friendly victories against Fulham and Galatasaray before the manager's first competitve match in charge, the League Cup Qtr Final against Werder Bremen which ended in a 3-2 victory.

The board set an expectation to reach the final of the competition, so a 2-1 defeat to Stuttgart in the Semi Final meant the managerial reign of "ade334" had not got off to the best start.

Despite the early setback, the team settled quickly into their rhythm as evidenced by 7 straight wins, including a 4-0 win over HSV and 2-1 win over Stuttgart. There was also advancement in the German cup with 3-0 wins in the 1st round over Magdeburg, and the 3-0 Euro Cup 1st round 1st leg victory against Red Star in Munich set things up nicely for the return leg in Belgrade.

The positives for Munich was the form of van der Vaart and Schweinsteiger, scoring freely and assisting each other and Klose, who has played the majority of games ahead of Toni. Although "ade334" could see the midfield was a little lightweight, Demichelis and Ottl were performing admirably alongside Defour who has taken to his new role well.

There were no major negatives, but injuries to Ribéry (torn calf muscle - recurring problem), Breno and Stélvio (both damaged cruiate ligaments) put pressure on the squad.

Off the field, the manager built a reputation for being popular with his players, motivating them well and nurturing the young talent.

The run of good results continued for the rest of 2007, the 2-2 draw at Wolfsburg being the only game not won in the league.

In the Euro cup, a 3-0 away win in Belgrade set up a group against Bolton (D), Zenit Peterburg (W), CSKA Sofia (D) and At. Madrid (W) which was easily navigated. Rangers awaited in the 1st knockout round.

In late December, the usual suspects started sniffing around the big players, namely Lahm and Klose with Klose being tempted by advances from both Valencia and Inter. He'd already expressed concern at a lack of discipline when the manager was reluctant to punish Christopher Samba for a controversial red card.

At the start of the transfer window, Jozy Altidore and André Ayew joined up with the rest of the squad. Despite the admirable performances in the middle of the park, "ade334" knew that more bite was needed in order to compete for the rest of the season. His scouts already had a good idea, and by the 5th of January Jean II Makoun was unveiled as a Bayern player, costing £10,250,000 from Lille. "ade334" also renewed his interest in Nigerian stopper Vincent Enyeama, for whom he'd had a bid accepted in the summer but the player was not interested in moving so shortly after his previous move. In an interview with das Bild, the manager claimed Vincent was a target for the summer, but interest from 15 other clubs forced his hand. By the 11th of January the player had completed his cut-price £350,000 move from Tel-Aviv. Additionally, 18 year-old Brazilian Sw/CD Moacir Lopes was signed from Altlético Minero on a free transfer as he looked like he could develop into a decent player.

Along with Makoun, the best news of the transfer window was that none of the clubs big names had been tempted by the lure of the "better" leagues in England, Spain and Italy, with the only player to leave the club being Mattias Schwarz to Köln. 3 of the new signings would have to wait to make an impact, as Ayew, Makoun and Enyeama were all called up to the African cup of Nations.

The second half of the season progressed in much the same way as the first. An initial 1-1 draw with HSV was followed by yet more victories, including a 5-0 home victory against Rangers in the Euro cup. The 2nd leg was 2-2 to set up an all-German 2nd knockout round tie against Leverkusen. 2-2 was the new favourite score, as both legs ended up at this scoreline. With Oliver Kahn on the decline and Enyeama cup-tied, Michael Rensing was letting in quite a few, but he became the hero in the penalty shoot-out.

That result took its toll on Bayern, as the following match resulted in a 1-0 defeat against Schalke in the league, ending a record-breaking 37 games without defeat. The rest of the league still trailed well behind, as just a 1-1 draw at Dortmund stopped a perfect end to the campaign, which ended as Champions with a 100% home record and 93 points overall.

Progress in the cup was steady, with further victories over Kaiserslautern, Nürberg and Hertha BSC before a goalless encounter with surprise package Hannover in the final. Another display of composure resulted in a penalty triumph, and the 2nd trophy of the season.

The quarter finals of the Euro Cup was against Turkish outfit Besiktas, who were comfortably beaten 3-1 and 2-1, setting up a semi-final against fellow group members At. Madrid. For the first time in the competition, Bayern were underdogs but with Agüero suspended the visitors took full advantage with a 3-1 lead to take back to Germany. This proved enough, as yet another 2-2 draw meant safe passage to the final in England against Everton. A 2-0 victory ensured that the first season was a resounding success, as "ade334" secured a remarkable treble.

Early in March, Roma put in a £15,000,000 bid for Luca Toni, who was not happy with how much action he was getting in relation to Klose. In spite of the impending move, the Italian still managed to net 13 goals in 27 appearances.

The player of the season was Rafael van der Vaart, whose 19 goals and 40 assists were the catalyst to a great attacking display, closely followed by Christopher Samba who scored 26 (17 in the league) and had the highest average rating of 7.71 from 51 appearances. The top goalscorer was Miroslav Klose with 28 goals (18 in the league).

Along with the success of the first team, things were going well with the youngsters too. The U19's won Group 4, going all 26 games unbeaten scoring 126 goals (including many results with 7 or 8 goals), and were defeated in the 4th round of the U19's Cup. The U23's won the Regional Division South, winning promotion to the German 3rd Division.

Many youths prospered, (Jozy Altidore got 12 goals in 5 games for the U19's before breaking his foot) but the standout performer was Pablo Piatti, who managed to make it in the 1st team squad, making 34 appearances and scoring 7 goals.

Following such a successful season, it would be interesting to see how the team progressed from here and, with Klose still unsettled, whether the squad would be picked apart by the giants of Europe.

ADE334, i really enjoyed reading your posts on Bayern.

Very good! keep it up (im sure others read that too)

im hesitating starting a long term game with a team outside top 3 league, because of my bad experience with Lyon.

Let me know how the 2nd season transfer window goes

Cheers mate

Thanks, glad you liked it.

Just to clarify, I'm playing the official 8.0.2 patch, just the german leagues down to the regional divisions and no other players loaded.

I normally play in England (Man Utd, Chelsea or Wolves) or Spain (Barcelona) but decided to try out Germany. They have relatively few games to play, just 34 in the league and a short national cup with a "preseason" league cup, meaning fixture congestion isn't really a problem, but money can be. I counteract this by buying lots of potential talent to sell on at a profit, and now at the start of the 4th season I'm the richest club in the world. It is challenging signing (and keeping hold of) world class players though, so European domination is not easy.

Back to the update.

2008/09 - Preseason

After a successful first season, which saw a major change in personell, manager "ade334" decided to try and not change too much in preseason.

Following the influx of players from the youth academy, "ade334" took a quick look at all the players on show and decided to release all but one of them! None were good enough to make an impact, but there was a chance that Tim Schulz, a young striker, could be sold in the future for more than a few Marks.

To continue the successes at youth level, the decision was made to raid the youth teams of others for future potential stars.

The arrival of Tim Borowski from Werder Bremen would see an added dimension in midfield. Along with Defour and Makoun, these 3 would provide the main strength in the middle of the park, with Demichelis and Ottl in reserve.

This plan was promptly wrecked, as Valencia came knocking on the door for Defour and he wanted to move. A fee of £7,500,000 was agreed, with a 50% sell-on clause and a further £10,000,000 made payable on the player's next international appearance for Belgium. Considering 12 months ago he was purchased for £3,400,000 the manager decided to cash in and re-invest in another midfielder. The player chosen was his most expensive transfer yet, beating last season's player of the year. The transfer of Napoli's Marek Hamsik for £11,750,000 was an exciting one which would add even more depth along with Borowski's arrival.

There was constant speculation over the future of Miroslav Klose, with Liverpool, AC Milan, Inter, Real Madrid and Manchester Utd all interested and putting in enquiries and bids almost on a daily basis. The player was far from happy at all the attention, but never denied his intentions to leave for bigger and better things. A £25,000,000 price tag was laid down, but no club was prepared to invest this much money, with the highest big coming from AC Milan at £18,000,000

The player was upset that the move was blocked, and would not sign a new contract. In an interview with the local press, the manager stated that the player would remain a Bayern player until such time that a suitable bid was received. Towards the end of the transfer window, the player seemed to accept this.

Speculation on Philip Lahm's future was much shorter, as the player denied wanting to move, despite heavy interest. Other players to suffer from high interest this summer were Vincent Enyeama, Pablo Piatti, Franck Ribéry and Miralem Pjanic

Overall transfer activity:

IN:

Alessandro Tuia, Lucas Trecarichi, José Manuel Antuña, Femi Babangida, Kazenga LuaLua, Marcel Ziehl, Christian Haben, Eros Corradini, Jörg Baum, Daniel Turgerman, Mateo Musacchio, Tim Borowski, Marek Hamsik and Maxime Pérez

Pérez has the potential to be one of the best strikers in the world, and is dubbed the next Jean Pierre Papin.

OUT:

Luca Toni, Zé Roberto, Andreas Ottl, Fabian Müller, Jan Schlaudraff, Christian Saba, Georg Niedermeier, Andreas Görlitz, Max Grün, Marco Stier, Christopher Krause, Sandro Wagner, Timo Heinze, Daniel Sikorski, Thomas Kraft, Marco Höferth, Steven Defour, Michael Rensing

The best side at the start of the season was

gk - Enyeama

dr - Lahm

dl - Jansen

dc - Samba

dc - Lúcio

mc - Borowski

mc - Makoun

aml - Schweinsteiger

amr - Ribéry

amc - van der Vaart

fc - Klose

Not too much had changed in terms of the best 11. Breno's injury last season meant that Samba was firmly established as the strong center back, with Lúcio maintaining the role of quick defender despite his advancing years.

Hamsik was just behind Borowski in terms of selection, but with the potential to quickly surpass and would probably find himself first choice later in the season. Up front, despite the loss of Toni, Podolski would still provide able cover for Klose.

The main weakness could be attributed to the fullback position, with Sagnol and Jansen not really good enough.

2008/09 - season summary

The season itself started just as last season ended, with victories over Dortmund (3-1) and Hannover (4-1) meaning that the League Cup was won for the first time in "ade334"'s reign.

Victories followed in the German Cup (5-0) and the league (3-0, 5-1 vs HSV, 4-1 vs Werder Bremen) before a tough encounter against European Cup winners Real Madrid in the Super Cup.

The board just wanted us to "enjoy the experience" which we certainly did. Despite going an early goal down by new signing Sergio Agüero, a strong performance meant the game ended at 1-1 and penalties followed. Just one miss was crucial as Casillas starred and won the competiton for Madrid.

The German Cup defence did not go as well as expected, with a quarter final loss to Wolfsburg ending any interest here.

Overall the league was much tighter this year, with Bayern losing 4 times and drawing 5, ending up only 7 points clear of 2nd place Stuttgart by the end of the season. However, a massive 109 goals were scored in the league.

Bayern's first season back in the Champions Cup was not expected to be a big success. The bookies had them at 18-1, and the Board just wanted to get out of the group (comprising of Lazio, FC København and Valencia). 5 Victories and 1 defeat at the Mestalla meant easy qualification in the end and a first round tie against "ade334"'s favoured club, Manchester Utd.

With the first leg at Old Trafford ending 1-0 to the hosts, not much was expected against much classier opposition, but a marvellous 2nd leg saw Bayern overturn the deficit and lead the tie 4-0 on the night, before 2 late goals threatened to change that. 1 more goal would have been the end.

The quarter final against Marseille was more comfortable with victories home and away. A semi final defeat in Seville (1-0) looked to be the end of the road, as the Spanish outfit looked mighty strong, but a shock 4-0 win at the Allianz Arena set up another game with defending champions Real Madrid. This really was a bridge too far for the Germans, as Madrid won 1-0 to seal their 11th Crown.

Top goalscorer was Chrisopher Samba with 39 goals (31 in the league, earning the golden boot) - with an average rating of 7.88 from 51 appearances. Klose had 25 (from 36 games), Van der vaart 20 (also had 40 assists) and Schweinsteiger 16. Van der vaart was again the player of the year.

So yet again, another fantastic season which included reaching the final of the Champions cup. Still no domestic sweep, but goals galore (more this season from corners but still lots from the forwards). However, the problems for Klose were mounting, as he had 2 separate months off for "personal problems" - he would come back happy and then a bit later get more problems. I was now determined to sell him, as Podolski is almost ready to lead the line, and Agouda should provide good backup as he bangs them in for the U23's (who won the league but weren't promoted as the 2nd division doesn't allow them to be promoted - U19's also dominated again)

Next update will come soon, detailing the 3rd season along with (hopefully) some pretty amazing screenshots for you to look forward to.....

hey mate,

a couple of questions,

how is your club reputation? does it drop down dramatically if you dont succeed? if u are using FMM could let me know the specific reputation, and your successes so far from season 1.

whats an average transfer budget annually, also whats your salary bill looking like? do you have problems signing players? i just played around for an hour so, and me (bayern) and tottenham went after lucho gonzalez, tottenham snapped him up! i cant believe he prefer them over bayern! (CL football) i dont want to even think about it if BIGGER clubs went after the same player as me!

how do you keep your players happy when big clubs are after your players?

also can u get merchandising clubs?

could you perhaps post up some screenies, especially transfer history (if is not too much of a hassle)...

i am keen to start with bayern, as soon as i know where i stand (btw i only play with 8.01)

I'm at the start of the 4th season currently, and the club's reputation is 7905 (it started at 8500)!

According to the EUFA coefficients, I'm the 3rd best team in Europe behind Real Madrid and Sevilla. Sevilla are top due to the previous double Euro Cup win plus a semi final appearance in the champions cup and another Euro cup win in 2010. Real Madrid are 2nd despite winning the Champions cup all 3 seasons on the game, and I am 3rd following a Euro Cup win and 2 Champions cup runners up. I was the richest club in the world, until the start of the new campaign when all the big guns get huge amounts of sponsorship plus windfalls from their chairmen, now only Barcelona are ahead of us on £252M to our £217M

Not sure how the reputation goes if I fail to succeed, but Stuttgart have 6596, HSV have 6905, Werder Bremen 6774 and Dortmund 6420. Tottenham (who are ranked 25th in Europe) have 7350. However, after 2 seasons of reaching the final of the Champions cup, the Board still only expect me to reach the group stage of the competition - which of course I have already done by qualifying as champions of Germany...

I've not managed to get any good affiliations as yet, I've got relations in Spain, Switzerland, Belgium, Croatia, Italy, Holland and Australia. (I did have France, but Valenciennes seem to think me loaning them 4 or 5 players per season but not buying any of their players isn't enough to keep the deal going). Queensland Roar in Australia are the only team with reputation of continental, the rest are national.

Keeping players happy can be a problem, I've found the best way is to just praise them when they are on a hot streak (after the first reaction, note whether they like lavish praise or if you need to be quite conservative). It is easy to praise them when playing for Bayern, because you'll find that winning most matches gives high ratings anyway. Ribéry was unhappy at one stage that I didn't let him leave for Liverpool, but I stuck by him and when his performances merited praising, he soon forgot about Liverpool. The likes of Lahm and Piatti were also linked with moves quite regularly and, although I did let Piatti leave in the end, both denied wanting to move because they were happy at the club. out of 64 players in all 3 squads, 24 have a "wnt" icon.

But Klose was another story. Despite performing well when he played, he was dogged by the "has personal problems" message in his slight concerns, and even after allowing him a month's leave on a couple of occasions, he still had problems so I decided to allow him to join Valencia. Note I was always (and still am) listed as one of his favoured personell, and he told the media that he was thankful for my support when he left.

It is difficult to lure top players to the club, especially from Italy, Spain and England. Even more so if the players are already at the "big" clubs within those countries, as evidenced by me trying to sign a regen from Liverpool but he wouldn't have any of it. West Ham's answer to England's goalkeeping problem (PA of 196) joined without any fuss. The highest profile player I've attracted would be Matías Fernández from Villareal for £18,000,000

I don't really spend all of my transfer budget, but in the first season I managed to negotiate £21,000,000. The wage budget was really tight but upon asking for more it was almost doubled to £1,300,000. It has steadily increased each season (I've been spending some, leaving some in there) but I'd guess I get an extra £20,000,000 put in per season - it is currently £44,954,576 at the start of season. In terms of wages, I'm well within budget, spending only £666,063 but allowed £1,261,666

See below for all the screenshots, I won't do a 3rd season summary as this brings you right up to speed, but basically it was a domestic clean sweep, with another runners up medal in the Champions Cup (which is becoming the Real Madrid invitational).

EUFA Coefficients

Richest Clubs (world)

Richest Clubs (Germany)

Finances

Landmarks

Affiliations

Note that the squad contains 64 players, only the "best" ones are shown, as in the ones with most potential according to my assistant manager, Ricardo Moniz (20 judging ability, 19 judging potential)

Squad - ordered by rec

For the transfers, due to high turnover involving youths and loans, some seasons need 2 screenshots at full resolution. Note also on the sales, most have additional clauses (mainly 50% of next sale and x amount after 1 international appearance). Note: the only reason I got Neuer for reletively cheap (Schalke, being fierce rivals, were consistently negotiating deals upwards of £30,000,000) is because they were in debt and their chairmen accepted the offer on behalf of the management. I'd been praising him highly in the hope of a bosman deal anyway, but decided to give Schalke some cash before other teams became interested.

Transfers - 2007/08

Transfers - 2008/09 part 1

Transfers - 2008/09 part 2

Transfers - 2009/10 part 1

Transfers - 2009/10 part 2

Transfers - 2010/11 (so far)

Now for the amazing screenshots that I promised (plus some news).

For the last 2 seasons, Stuttgart's Ciprian Marica and Mario Gómez have been performing well, Marica especially as he's been Europe's best striker for 2 years running. Despite top scoring at Euro 2008 with 4 goals, Podolski did not make an impact in 2009 and Klose wasn't much better with his personal problems. However in the 2009/2010 season this changed, big time. Despite only getting 18 league goals, he managed a haul of 24 in the Champions Cup, Doubling Benzema's effort in the previous season, and 14 more than Rooney's 10 this season.

At one stage it looked as though the Champions cup would not be contested past the quarter finals, as at Old Trafford we were 3-0 down after 37 minutes. Cue an amazing fightback to eventually draw 4-4!

The second leg at Allianz Arena saw Podolski injured after 22 minutes (not before scoring though) but that was not enough to save Utd!

The semi final against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge wasn't much better, going 2-0 down at half time, but again Podolski was the hero!

Things got very easy at home, as Podolski showed he can cope as a lone striker against the best defences around!

Unfortunately Real Madrid don't lose.

You would think that Podolski would be delighted after scoring 50 goals in the season and a further 8 for Germany - now got 72 caps, 52 goals. Just 2 at the world cup since he was injured in a group game, and Germany lost to eventual winners Spain (who now hold both titles) in the first round.

However, some poor choices in tutoring by me has led to the following:

I dislike all other good strikers

Pérez has 197 PA, next Papin and Saivet has 195 PA. Osei isn't looking like being anything spectacular

Additionally, at the end of the World Cup there were managerial casualties for England, Germany, Argentina and Bulgaria. (Champions spain also appointed Rijkaard). I applied for Argentina and Bulgaria, getting the latter. I won't update too much on that though, it will just be an aside from the job at hand with Bayern.

Let me know if you would like any more screenshots.

I hope you (plus anyone else) decide to start a game with Bayern :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all, I just can't get settled into a game, so I started up a Bayern game. I had a post here, but I've decided to clean it up.

Date: End of First Season

Transfers:

Summer Window:

In:

Francisco Guillermo Ochoa (America (Mex) )-11.75m

Plus quite a few youngsters

Out:

No one

My rating: Great, Ochoa has been a beast for me grabbing 21 clean sheets in 41 matches and is averaging 7.29.

January Window:

In:

Adwele Slory (Feyenoord)-5.5m

Gregory Bourillon (PSG)-4.2m

Havard Nordveit(Arsenal)-3.0m

Out:

Lucio (Liverpool)-20m +35% sell on

Franck Ribery (Arsenal)-25.5m +50% sell on

Matin Demichelis (Atletico Madrid)-6m

My Rating: Good, Lucio and Ribery wanted to move on and Demichelis complained way too much. Slory was absolutely fantastic, but went down for 4 months after the German cup final. Before that he was playing much better than Ribery ever had. Bourillon has been a solid rotation defender, not as good as Lucio clearly, but I'm still not conceding much with Breno and Van Buyten starting. Wijnaldum established himself as a very possible candidate for my right wing by getting 3 assists in his first 2 matches also.

Competitions:

Bundesliga:

Comments: No one even had half of a chance to take this from me. After 30 matches I'm 21 points above 2nd. I only have one loss and it was away against Rostock of all teams. My 3 striker rotation has been great for me, none of them are going to be top scorers, but have all have 15 goals in league, in my tactic that relies on my midfield for goals a lot. All of them are hovering right around a 7.5 rating too.

German Cup:

Comments: Apart from losing Slory, the final could not have been better. I won 6-0 against Bremen with Sosa netting 2 and assisting 1.

Euro Cup:

Comments: After an extremely easy run to the semi's, I drew Valencia. I thought for sure I would lose, since I had several injuries in the first leg(away). Slory injured Villa in the 20th minute and my D held them to just 1 goal. Unfortunately I did not pick up any. Here comes the home leg and Hamit Altintop goes down for 3 weeks the week before it. I'm forced to bring up Giorginio Wijnaldum at right wing. I go down 0-1 and think to myself that it's all over, since I'll need to pull back 3 goals now. Podolski nets 6 minutes later however, and I have a glimmer of hope. 36th minute and Klose nets! I have a chance! 63rd minute and my little 17 year old Wijnaldum swings a corner and Van Buyten heads it in! I switch to a defensive tactic and manage to hold them to very few shots. I come out of it a 3-2. Sadly, I find out after the game that the final is against Barcelona :( Why aren't they still in the Champions League haha?

Even after having to start Toni Kroos and Giorginio Wijnaldum, I managed to hold on to a one goal lead grabbed by Klose in the 56th minute. Before the 60th it was nothing but one long highlight, but Barcelona could not put anything on target and ended with 2 SOT. Wijnaldum managed to get MoM by assisting the Klose goal with an amazing through pass right past the Barca defense.

Stand Out Players:

For the first half of the season Ribery and Lucio were great, but the offers for them were too good to refuse. Slory showed he could be just as good, if not better than Ribery. Breno really shined for a 17/18 year old starting 42 matches and getting a 7.42 rating. Sosa did very well for himself, especially since I thought I may need to replace him. He started 52 and averaged 7.45. Podolski, althought only starting 16 league matches managed to grab German player of the year, by netting in almost every start I gave him. Wijnaldum was definitely a great choice, pulling in a bunch of assists when my first team RW's went down. I was planning on loaning him out next season, but with Ribery's tutoring he definitely became my 2nd choice RW/AM behind Slory and Sosa.

Summer Plans:

Strengthen my very shallow midfield.

Summer Update:

After remembering that Borowski was coming in, and with Wijnaldum and Kroos introducing themselves nicely, I decided to toss in a 30m bid on Daniel Alves and I got him :) that ate up most of my transfer budget, but he made an instant impact, with a great tackle/pass assisting Toni in the first league cup game. I've been trying to squeeze the big teams for around 30-40m +50% for some of my stars, but none have bitten yet. If anyone does I'll replace that position and probably buy Luigi Bruins too.

Beginning of Second Season Report:

Transfers:

In:

Daniel Alves (Sevilla)-30m

Marco Marin (Gladbach)-675k

Barak Itzhaki (Gent)-1.6m

Comments:

Had to jump on the Daniel Alves deal, who is now starting opposite Phillip Lahm. Of course he's already playing fantastically and some goals and assists already. I may sell Jansen and try to pick up Kolarov or Taiwo to back up Lahm. Marin is one for the future, plus a decent back up and is now my 4th/5th choice at AM. Barak Itzhaki was brought in to be a versatile back up with Altintop leaving.

Out:

Hamit Altintop (Villarreal)-10m+50% sell on

Comments:

Wijnaldum moved ahead of him as my back up RW and with Itzhaki coming in I really didn't need him.

Youth:

Wijnaldum, Kroos, Nordveit, Sakho, and Saivet have all become back ups already. They're all progressing very nicely. Wijnaldum's big weak point, determination, went up 7 when Ribery tutored him. Saivet's very low stamina is already up to 9 and his Finishing and Composure are up 2 each.

Update: Wijnaldum has become a rotating starter with Sosa, playing every other to every third game.

Competitions:

Fantastic so far, 16 wins and 1 draw in all competitions including a 3-2 win away over Inter! Beskitas and Olympiakos are the other two teams in the group, so I'm not too worried about making the knock out. My one draw came in like the 92nd minute away against HSV, not too bad I suppose. I've had a bunch of injuries at winger, so Wijnaldum has become my new starting RW. He's playing great with 1 goal and 9 assists in 9 games and has the highest rating in league with an 8.00.

Well, if I beat HSV in my next game, I'll have won the league after 27 matches lol. Right now my record is 15-2-0 and I'm 20 points clear of Stuttgart. I'm facing Arsenal in the champions league, who gave me my only loss of the season in the Super Cup.

Season 3:

Transfers:

In:

Dean Ashton (West Ham) - Free

Danielle Cacia (Fiorentina0 - Free

Lucas (Liverpool) - 12.5m

Out:

Mark van Bommel - Free

Ze Roberto - Free

Miroslav Klose (Stuttgart) -14.5m

Willy Sagnol (Wolfsburg) - 500k

Andreas Ottl (Atletico Madrid) - 5m +50%

Tim Borowski (Sevilla) -10m +35%

Trying to get rid of:

Luca Toni (Stats are starting to drop fast)

Michael Rensing (Always disappointing when Ochoa is out, going to replace with Costil for cheap)

Comments:

Basically just trying to cash in on my older players before they drop in value, I have youngsters coming up in every position too. Dean Ashton and Danielle Cacia were direct replacements for Klose and Toni as my Target men. Podolski has developed into some of the best striker stats I've ever seen and already has 6 goals in the first 3 league games. Dean Ashton seems to be a much better partner for him than Klose, and about the same as Toni. With Klose's amazing form I could just never bring myself to sit him for very long. Saivet always does something special when I bring him in and is now being tutored by Dean Ashton. They have the same personality(spirited), so hopefully he'll pick up even more moves. Willy Sagnol was eating up wage budget and sitting behind Daniel Alves and Phillip Lahm for RB lol. Same thing goes for Van Bommel and Ze Roberto. Borowski was great, but played my least important position, plus Lucas took over amazingly. I was going to buy another defender, but I think Sakho is ready to come in. Of course Wijnaldum is doing as great as ever, nothing slows this kid down. Somehow he wasn't even in the voting for young player of the year even though he averaged a 7.57.

I'm now left with an 80m pound balance and a 50m pound budget. I have no idea what to do with it, but I might buy Veloso. I think it would be hard to keep him and Lucas happy though. I might also replace Sosa as my Am, but then again I have Toni Kroos coming along? I'll probably end up saving it for now.

My team after 3 seasons

Gk Rensing (quality for me, goalkeeper of the year!)

Dr Lahm

Dl Jansen

Dc Vidal

Dc Planus

Mc Ballack

Mc Miguel Veloso

Amc Rosina

Amc Podolski (He is amazing witha free role)

Amc Schweinstieger (Ribery gets rotated in for one of the three Amc)

Fc Klose

Just won the champions League and Cup and League(in which I was undefeated). Not really challenging to win the German Bundesloga imo... Gets a bit boring.

just started a game with Bayern.

Secured the following

Saivet 197PA

Sakho 193PA

Acapandie 179PA

Sankhare 178PA

Kenia 173PA

Defour

De Gea PA163

Aquino PA162

Wijnaldum PA156

Mihelic

Ayew PA154

Saunier PA153

Fellaini

Transfers Out

Van Bommel

Sosa

and lots of free crap players

knocked out in semi final by stutgart on pens :(

oh well im gonna make this team a powerhouse again :)

My best XI is

GK: Kahn

DR: Lahm

DL: Jansen

DC: Van Buyten

DC: Breno

DMC: Demichelis

MC: Fellaini

MC: Defour

AMR: Ribery

AML: Schweinsteiger

FC: Klose

Yay someone else posting! I'm now moving into my 4th season. I've won every competition I've been in except this years champions league and the first super cup. Here's my squad now:

Gk:

Francisco Ochoa/Joe Hart

DC:

Breno/Sakho/Bourillon/Havard Nordtveit

DR:

Phillipp Lahm/Francois Clerc

DL:

Alexandar Kolarov/Phillipp Lahm/Marcel Jansen

AMC:

Georginio Wijnaldum/Jose Sosa/Toni Kroos/Marco Marin

DMC:

Lucas/Ettienne Didot

MR:

Andwele Slory/Georginio Wijnaldum/Henri Saivet

ML:

Bastian Schweinsteiger/Ryan Babel/Henri Saivet

TM:

Dean Ashton/Ryan Babel

FS:

Lucas Podolski/Henri Saivet

It's a really easy game in the league, which lets me focus on Europe. I just finished the season 31-3-0 with 2 of the draws coming at the end of the season when I was playing mostly youngsters. I won the Champs League 2nd season and lost in the semis to Barca this year.

Yay someone else posting! I'm now moving into my 4th season. I've won every competition I've been in except this years champions league and the first super cup. Here's my squad now:

hopefully youll keep posting as well :)

well i play one upfront so having the most goals scored is unlikely but so is loosing. I draw quite a lot of games though but I think not loosing is more important. 10 Games played in the league and my record is 8 wins and 2 draws. I am top by 4 points and got to the group stages rather easily.

----------------

Now playing: Weezer - My Name Is Jonas

via FoxyTunes

Oh I definitely will. If you add a good keeper, losing is unlikely no matter how many you play up front. Lucio, Breno, Van Buyten, Lahm, and Jansen is extremely good for the first season. Van Buyten's stats don't even start to move till the 3rd season, which is when his contract is up. Breno's just go up and up and up. I had Breno and Sakho in center for most of this season and I only allowed 21 goals with 18 clean sheets. I did bleed goals a little when I went with 2 up front when I was really cocky. I actually only allowed 9 away goals lol.

I have a ton of money, about 110m balance actually. Clearly strengthening RW is a priority right now, and maybe bring in another CB since Nordtveit is not ready really. Kinda wish I had Ribery back, but he brought me a ton of money and has a 50% sell on too. I want Jesus Navas ohhh so much with his 12m min fee release, but he won't come :(. By the way, if you didn't sell Sosa, he is really great. Scored a ton of goals before he lost his place to Wijnaldum. Wiji doesn't score quite as much but had 15 goals and 26 assists this season. He ended this season with a 160 CA, so you should be able to squeeze quite a bit out of him. You had amazing luck getting Sakho, Saivet, and Acapandie so high. Sakho's low on mine, but Saivet is 199 :) and Podolski is 178 :)

AHHHH I just got a straight up exchange of Ben Arfa for Wijnaldum.....that is a very tough choice. Ben Arfa used to be my sentimental pick, but Wijnaldum has become that during my Feyenoord and then this save.

Oh yeah, I'll surely try, I just happen to draw Barca every single year!! Had them in the finals of the UEFA cup first season and I won 1-0. Then Semis of Champions League the next year and it was like 2-1. Then this year got them in the Semis again. 4 minutes left 3-3 with me have 2 away goals....Bourillon, only in because Lucas was suspended gives away a penalty. I was furious. I was so close to that final.

Also, great PA on Podolski, I never knew how monstrous he could be.

podolskinf6.th.jpg

And with two good feet on him too! Those stats are up there with Aguero's

Haha I saved and accepted the Wijnaldum bid. I've been praising Ben Arfa and he said he'd love to come and wants to play for a bigger club. Moniz' scouting report says he would be extremely interested in joining. I offer him the contract....no interest in signing lol.

Well Kroos and Marin have been showing they deserve to start and it looks like they will. I finally got some good bids on Wijnaldum of 15m up front and 40m after 1 cap. He already has 8 caps so I'll get that 40m soon. I'm really sad to see him go, but he wanted to leave and Kroos and Marin are German and too good to be ignored. Now I have the annoying task of pick one of them haha. I think it's going to be Kroos, but Marin has been really good too.

Well Kroos and Marin have been showing they deserve to start and it looks like they will. I finally got some good bids on Wijnaldum of 15m up front and 40m after 1 cap. He already has 8 caps so I'll get that 40m soon. I'm really sad to see him go, but he wanted to leave and Kroos and Marin are German and too good to be ignored. Now I have the annoying task of pick one of them haha. I think it's going to be Kroos, but Marin has been really good too.

Id suggest Kroos brilliant player usually :)

Okay i thought id update in mid november cause im having a lot of fun with the save :)

League: 1st 13 games won 11 Drawn 2 6 points clear

Uefa Cup Group Stages: a comfortable 5-1 win saw us top of group stages before we went away to Getafe. Despite having 4 times the number of shots they had we fell 2-1 in Spain and are now second despite having a bigger GD than Palermo but they have 2 wins :(

Transfers In

Rafael van der Vaart £11M

Jozy Altidore (never tried him) £230K

Tim Borowski Free

Alessandro Tuia £475k

Transfers Out

Willy Sagnol £3M

Really enjoying this and am hoping to go undefeated in the league

Will update end of January :)

Sorry to hear about the losses. My first season I had two losses I believe, but undefeated in the next 2. No doubt Kroos is great, but Marin usually turns out better performances right now. This is what my transfers look like this summer so far.

Out:

Georginio Wijnaldum (Man U) -15m+40m after 1 cap

Jose Sosa (Palermo) - 11m+50% sell on

Daniele Cacia (Atalanta) - 5.5m

Barak Itzhaki (Birmingham) - 4.9m

In:

Ettienne Didot (Rennes) - Free

Joe Hart (Man City) - Free

Ryan Babel (Liverpool) - 14m

I'm pretty satisfied with my dealings this summer. 86m budget right now, which will rise 40m soon since Wiji is a starter for Holland. I really want a new right winger, but can't find one I like. I should've loaded Holland to get Biseswar, but I forgot and only loaded all the other big leagues.

knocked out of uefa cup. No surprise really tbh. Are squad has been terribly inconsistent but due to the fact that ive had an injury spanding from 2 weeks to 4 months for most of my first team players its not surprising. Klose my top scorer with 21 in 25 got injured for 4 months. Defour got injured for a month and got injured the same week he came back for another month. Schweinsteiger got injured for 3 weeks. Lahm a month. Really torrid time tbh :(

How good was Schlaudraff for you killface

Didn't play him in a single match lol. Klose, Toni, and Podolski almost never got injured, so I just used them. Podolski's longest injury is 2 weeks in 3 seasons. He does have pretty good stats though for the league. Sorry to hear about the injuries, Shweinsteiger went down for 2 months for me too, but that's about the only time he's been injured. I suggest picking up Andwele Slory if you can get him for cheap. He provides great cover for either wing.

Se.jpg

Thats the season Expectations. Fair enough

leagueseptembersecondseason.jpg

Good so far at the start of September.

transfersinsecondseason.jpg

Luis Jimenez was brought into provide competition with Van der Vaart before he left.

Tuia should develop well.

Bernardo is for profit mostly.

Walter looks like he could develop to a good first teamer.

Norbert is a good looking Polish Regen keeper.

Angulo was brought in as back up.

Frey looks to be a top buy despite costing quite a lot.

Nordtveit again one for the future but the future is bright for Bayerns CB slots with Sakho, Breno, Nordtveit and Tuia all with PA 170 and above.

Nazarith will be gone and looks to be an unispired signing.

Walter Schwab is a regen prospect that looks to be one of the best full backs ever and a steal for £375k.

Hamsik brought in to steady our defense.

Guilherme a very good attacking option who can provide direct competition with Podolski.

Klose was aging so again not a bad deal and van der Vaart wanted to go and £30M is a good deal. Mihelic unhappy with the signing of Vaart last season left for a good profit.

I still have a large transfer budget at £26M but couldnt find anyone much better than what I've already got.

LEagueCupsecondseason.jpg

agony again in the league cup final.

will keep updated

I like the look of those buys. Ransing never put in many good performances for me, so Frey is an excellent replacement. Guilherme should really help those injuries since he's really similar to Podolski. Awesome sell price on Van der Vaart. I kept Klose for one more season, but Podolski really starts to shine season 2. I'm up at college for a few days, so my season every day rate might slow down lol. It looks like you're having just as much trouble with Mario Gomez and Cacau as I do. There's probably not a single game they haven't scored against me. Season 2 and season 3, Stuttgart gets a lot weaker and sells a lot of player. However, Mario Gomez was the top scorer season 1 and 2, but really faded season 3 and finished behind Dean Ashton, Podolski, and Rafael.

Oh speaking of Dean Ashton, he makes and amazing partnership with Podolski, so see if you can get him on a Bosman this season. He demanded like 80k/week at first, but I eventually got him for 27k/week I think. Looking back, I would've paid him anything.

My long term goal is to become the richest team in the world, but it's so hard since Bayern doesn't make money except from prize money and player sales. I started this season as 5th behind Arsenal, Madrid, Barca, and someone else, I'm assuming Milan. I don't know how close I am to 4th, but if Alves and Ribery ever get sold I should be moving up.

Another goal was to play with some people that I never had before and so far I think Wijnaldum and Slory are about the only ones I've used before. You have any opinions on these guys:

Jesus Navas

Javi Martinez

Celsinho

Ilsinho(as a winger)

Ashley Young

Felipe(DC)

Any other spendy players that aren't mentioned much?

I like the look of those buys. Ransing never put in many good performances for me, so Frey is an excellent replacement. Guilherme should really help those injuries since he's really similar to Podolski. Awesome sell price on Van der Vaart. I kept Klose for one more season, but Podolski really starts to shine season 2. I'm up at college for a few days, so my season every day rate might slow down lol. It looks like you're having just as much trouble with Mario Gomez and Cacau as I do. There's probably not a single game they haven't scored against me. Season 2 and season 3, Stuttgart gets a lot weaker and sells a lot of player. However, Mario Gomez was the top scorer season 1 and 2, but really faded season 3 and finished behind Dean Ashton, Podolski, and Rafael.

Oh speaking of Dean Ashton, he makes and amazing partnership with Podolski, so see if you can get him on a Bosman this season. He demanded like 80k/week at first, but I eventually got him for 27k/week I think. Looking back, I would've paid him anything.

My long term goal is to become the richest team in the world, but it's so hard since Bayern doesn't make money except from prize money and player sales. I started this season as 5th behind Arsenal, Madrid, Barca, and someone else, I'm assuming Milan. I don't know how close I am to 4th, but if Alves and Ribery ever get sold I should be moving up.

Another goal was to play with some people that I never had before and so far I think Wijnaldum and Slory are about the only ones I've used before. You have any opinions on these guys:

Jesus Navas

Javi Martinez

Celsinho

Ilsinho(as a winger)

Ashley Young

Felipe(DC)

Any other spendy players that aren't mentioned much?

Jesus Navas is nothing special with his pace he would be deadly on the wings but his crossing stat is average

Martinez has been toned down from the next Cesc Fabregas on 8.0.0 to a solid midfielder but I prefer Steven Defour

Celsinho ive never tried tbh.

Ilsinho is a brilliant player in the game and would aid you in that he is pretty versatile

Ashley Young is not good enough IMO

Felipe from Udinese i guess is a quality DC but make sure he doesnt get in the way of youths developing.

Other reccomendations would be Asamoah Gyan as a winger if you like them to cut in side (Rarely cross high through ball)

Marco Borrielo as a backup striker.

Nadir Belhadj as a winger.

Lucas Biglia.

Jonas Gutierrez as a backup winger on either side.

Havard Nordtveit should become an excellent DC by time you hit the 4th season as well

Palombo is a great DMC if you play one.

Mario Santana is a great AMR

Also Cigarini is a very decent MC

Im nearly into January second season and am really enjoying this save.

i think i shall start a Bayern game.. loved them on FM07 and like their immense strike force \o/

good luck BB might I reccomend you replace your starting MCs. I went for Defour (brilliant) and Fellaini (gets the job done) Also it may be a brilliant strikeforce but its aging with Toni hitting 31 and Klose hitting 30 in second season

Archived