FM08: Official bayern munich thread

Wilson7

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
killface

Real have bid for Ribery. He has an assist rate of 17 in the league and we have just got to the end of December. What do i do?

I sold him for 25m + 50%, looking back, I probably shouldn't have. He's probably the best right winger that Bayern can get. Slory did take over just fine for him, but now that I'm having a lot of trouble finding a world class right wing that will come to me, I'm looking to buy back Ribery. So, if you need the money and you can squeeze a lot of money out of Madrid, do it. If Wijnaldum is progressing well, he can play RW really well, it's how he got most of his insane amounts of assists playing there. I can't say enough good things about Slory, especially in your tactic with wingers moving in to striker spots. He usually puts up a lot of goals if I play him going there. I can actually get Nani right now, but he would cost me around 50 mil and I don't think I can bring myself to do that. Check out Quaresma too, I don't watch any Portuguese league, so I don't hate him as much as it seems some people do. If you can get him for around 10m I think he'd be a worthy replacement.

good luck BB might I reccomend you replace your starting MCs. I went for Defour (brilliant) and Fellaini (gets the job done) Also it may be a brilliant strikeforce but its aging with Toni hitting 31 and Klose hitting 30 in second season

Welcome aboard guys!! Looks like Megafan and I pulled in some new people. Signing Defour or VDV is a good idea, since they're cheap for how great they are, but I wouldn't say spend a lot of money on an AMC first season. Jose Sosa played brilliantly for me actually. He usually had about 8 goals and 8 assists in about 20 league matches. Plus you'll have Toni Kroos coming up to take over in a season or two.

Also you probably shouldn't get rid of Lahm so quickly, he's quite immense at either fullback spot. I had Dani Alves and Kolarov and Lahm still started for me 80-90% of the time. I'm kind of biased because I love him IRL though.

Ohhh combining Mega's and my advice you could play a 4-3-3 with a wide midfield. That would be pretty great, since you start with very strong wingers that can play AM too. Plus you have two great fullbacks that can attack and play defense really well.

Starting my own Bayern game after wanting something new. I told the board I'd win the league and after asking for more budget on transfers and wages, I start with 23 to spend. Of course I will be boosting it by player sales.

I'll be using the same tactic I used with my Arsenal save which is a 4-2-2-2 with the midfielders playing in the centre (tight) and wingers playing as AML/AMR's. So far the squad looks like this.

GK: Musterman*/Rensing

RB: Lell/

LB: Lahm/Jansen

CB: Lucio*/Demichelles

CB: Breno/Van Buyten*

CM: Van Bommel*/Sosa

CM: Ottl/Kroos

RW: Ribery

LW: Schweinsteiger/Ze Roberto*

FC: Toni/Podolski

FC: Klose/Schaudraff

Players with stars will be sold/released ASAP and I'll bring in cheaper replacements.

Lucio -> Samba

Van Buyten -> Cuellar

Van Bommel -> Meireles

Ze Roberto -> Farfan

After that I'll be looking to strengthen full backs, another centre back and possibly another young goalkeeper.

Starting my own Bayern game after wanting something new. I told the board I'd win the league and after asking for more budget on transfers and wages, I start with 23 to spend. Of course I will be boosting it by player sales.

I'll be using the same tactic I used with my Arsenal save which is a 4-2-2-2 with the midfielders playing in the centre (tight) and wingers playing as AML/AMR's. So far the squad looks like this.

GK: Musterman*/Rensing

RB: Lell/

LB: Lahm/Jansen

CB: Lucio*/Demichelles

CB: Breno/Van Buyten*

CM: Van Bommel*/Sosa

CM: Ottl/Kroos

RW: Ribery

LW: Schweinsteiger/Ze Roberto*

FC: Toni/Podolski

FC: Klose/Schaudraff

Players with stars will be sold/released ASAP and I'll bring in cheaper replacements.

Lucio -> Samba

Van Buyten -> Cuellar

Van Bommel -> Meireles

Ze Roberto -> Farfan

After that I'll be looking to strengthen full backs, another centre back and possibly another young goalkeeper.

If you're not adversed to the corner "cheat" put Lucio on it. He won world footballer of the year first season because of it. Sold him for 20 m +35% sell on in January. I'd also say use Lahm at Rb and Jansen at Lb, they are a great combo. Otherwise, good luck nice to have people jumping on board.

ok.. have decided i'm gonna try a 4-2-2-2 tactic which will go terribly \o/

have decided to sell Sosa for 7M and bring in Zapatar for the same money.. also looking to bring in Felipe for my goalkeeper and maybe VDV for my other AMC..

has anyone ever played Ribery as a AMC? does he do well there?

End of January Update:

endofjanleague.jpg

Still undefeated which I am really pleased about but with a weaker squad it may be hard to keep it going.

EndofJan.jpg

Chuffed with what I got for who I sold but am not to happy with the signings of Elano and Fleck.

CL.jpg

The board expect me to at least get to the champions league quarters :(

I'm not adversed to it, but Samba has better heading and jumping than Lucio, and costs about 1/5 of what I want for him. 15m is an acceptable value of him?

Yeah, that's pretty good, I just never got any bids on him until January. If you can get 15m at that start then do it.

God Menez, Lucho, and Silva that's rough. I've had to play Valencia and Barca every year in Europe.

Its worse that they got the pen in the 89th minute as well :( oh well.

The reasin I am really enjoying this game the most is I have never been inclined to touch the holiday button even against diddy teams :)

Yeah, at least you go 2 away goals. That's basically the same thing that happened against Barca with me, 86th minute penalty when I was about to go through to the final...that was crushing. By the way, I have a very similar goal ratio. Usually I'm about 3.5 to .5 about. I think I got up to 4.0 to .5 at one point.

CLFixtureFinal.jpg

THE biggest game of young Clyde Barker's career is upon us.

Starting XI + Subs

Bayern Munich

GK: Sebastien Frey

DR: Philipp Lahm ©

DL: Marcell Jansen

DC: Breno

DC: Havard Nordtveit

DMC: Andreas Ottl

MC: Tim Borowski

MC: Luis Jimenez

AMR: Guilherme

AML: Bastian Schweinsteiger

FC: Lukas Podolski

S1: Michael Rensing

S2: Mamadou Sakho

S3: Hamit Altintop

S4: Marek Hamsik

S5: Matthieu Saunier

S6: Bernardo

S7: Walter

FC Barcelona

GK: Victor Valdes

DR: Carlos Puyol

DL: Eric Abidal

DC: Lucio

DC: Gabriel Milito

DMC: Yaya Toure

MC: Andres Iniesta

MC: Xavi ©

AMR: Lionel Messi

AML: Ronaldinho

FC: Samuel Eto'o

S1:Oier Olazabal

S2: Thierry Henry

S3: Rafael van der Vaart

S4: Gianluca Zambrotta

S5: Hatem Ben Arfa

S6: Deco

S7: Alberto Tomas Botia

Favourites: FC Barcelona

Match Report:

2: An Iniesta Free Kick just goes wide of Frey's left hand post

13: A Xavi corner is floated in, Messi fouls Nordtveit and a free kick is given

21: Some neat Bayern play sees the ball go to the left flank before a Borowski shot is comfortably saved by Valdes

34: A short corner from Jimenez to Schweinsteiger is cleared by the Barcelona defence but only as far as Guilherme who pounces on the 18 yard line to make it 1-0 Bayern Munich

37: Ronaldinho skips down the left flank before cutting it back Xavi's shot is well saved by Frey though

41: A Schweinsteiger free kick from the left finds Guilherme alone in the middle of the box but the striker's effort was tame

Half Time Bayern Munich 1 FC Barcelona 0

45: Yaya Toure has been replaced by French international and former gooner Thierry Henry

49: A Luis Jimenez corner is headed towards goal by Podolski but pushed a way by Valdes Nordtveit pounces on the rebound but Puyol clears

54: Barcelona storm into the Bayern box and Eto is brought down by Lahm, referee waves play on

55: Barcelona again find it easy to get into the box and after some calamitous defending by Bayern Eto pounces and slots one past Frey but not before the ref spotted a trip on Borowski

56: That's Borowski's last action as he is subbed off for Hamsik

58: An Ottl free kick is tapped to Podolski who releases Jimenez before his thunderous drive is saved by Valdes

67: Xavi picks the ball up in midfield, he finds Abidal on the flank, who then in turn has a pass deflected straight to Ronaldinho who scores a delightful low drive into the opposite corner

70: Guilherme who has had a quiet evening is replaced by 1st Leg saviour Hamit Altintop

77: A slightly crocked Lionel Messi has been replaced by Ben Arfa

81: Zambrotta replaces Puyol for Barca

82: A Lahm throw-in deep into Barca's half goes to Altintop and back to Lahm, who passes it to Hamsik who releases Altintop to cut inside passes to Podolski, Podolski returns it and Altintop shoots a low drive straight at Valdes

End of 90 minutes Bayern Munich 1 FC Barcelona 1

99: A good pass to Eto and a shot is tipped over the bar by Frey, Altintop clears the resulting corner

103: A dodgy Barca throw-in gave possesion away to Lukas Podolski in the Barca box but all he could do is drive it into Valdes but Bayern have a corner and the resulting corners come to nothing

106: A Milito clearence finds its way straight to Ottl who in turn recieves the ball escapes his marker Abidal and shoots, the shot clipped Ex-Bayern player Lucio before bobbling it's way past a helpless Valdes

End of First Half of Extra Time Bayern Munich 2 FC Barcelona 1

123: In an uneventful Second Half of Extra Time captain Phillip Lahm has been injured and replaced by young Frenchman Matthieu Saunier

124: Bayern Munich have won the Champions League

End Of Extra Time Bayern Munich 2 Barcelona 1

CLFINALPLAYERRATINGS.jpg

When asked after the match what Clyde Barker though of the result he replied "Chuffed to bits really"

Highlights

Jesus Navas is nothing special with his pace he would be deadly on the wings but his crossing stat is average

Martinez has been toned down from the next Cesc Fabregas on 8.0.0 to a solid midfielder but I prefer Steven Defour

Celsinho ive never tried tbh.

Ilsinho is a brilliant player in the game and would aid you in that he is pretty versatile

Ashley Young is not good enough IMO

Felipe from Udinese i guess is a quality DC but make sure he doesnt get in the way of youths developing.

Other reccomendations would be Asamoah Gyan as a winger if you like them to cut in side (Rarely cross high through ball)

Marco Borrielo as a backup striker.

Nadir Belhadj as a winger.

Lucas Biglia.

Jonas Gutierrez as a backup winger on either side.

Havard Nordtveit should become an excellent DC by time you hit the 4th season as well

Palombo is a great DMC if you play one.

Mario Santana is a great AMR

Also Cigarini is a very decent MC

Im nearly into January second season and am really enjoying this save.

Oops, never saw this, sorry.

Thanks for the recomendations, Belhadj and Gyan are two I've really wanted to sign so if I sell Jansen, I'll pick him up. I need an RW, so I'll see if he's moved. I love Palombo, but he's at Madrid :( so that's unlikely. I think I might sign ever Banega instead since he can play my defensive MC or attacking MC, Valencia kept offering him for Wij, so I put in a test bid and can get him for like 10m. I think I might sign Celsinho as a back up since he's only like 5 mil and has 20 for technique. Never heard of Borrielo, but I'll check him out. I already have 4 strikers and would have 5 potentially with Gyan. My team is thin right now, but not too thin so Banega, Belhaj, and Gyan would probably wrap things up till January. Works into my goal, since I've never owned any of them. I believe it would make all my starters new people for me too. My team will look like this next season.

-------------------Podolski/Saivet-----------Ashton/Babel---------------

Shweinsteiger/Babel-----Lucas/Didot/Banega-----Kroos/Marin----Gyan/Slory

Kolarov/Jansen------Breno/Nordtveit-------Sakho/Bourillon-------Lahm/Clerc

-----------------------------Ochoa/Hart-----------------------------------

Hi, not playing as Bayern but just wanted opinions on Kroos. What's his best position, and how good does he become? What season should I look to start playing him. I'm in 3rd season atm with Man City and he's out on loan just like last season.

Thanks in advance.

Terrible attempt to keep more people in the forum :p

lol!Forums seem quite quiet at the moment, eagerly anticipating fm 09....

I think id enjoy bayern munich but bit put off by the standard of the league

mega fan how are you finding the standard of the league in your current game, how are the likes of schalke and dortmund doing?

Well I just start my 4th season.

3-2 win over Bremen.

Probably wouldn't have been as close, but I accidentally started Joe Hart and not Ochoa oops lol. Asamoah Gyan has already moved, so I'm picking up Aaron Lennon for cheap. I've never played him so we'll see how that goes. I also just had the most ridiculous bid I've ever recieved. If you were wondering Cassano is worth 10m, Gago 7.75, and Torres, 5.25

brenobidcu0.th.jpg

Well Clerc is impressing at RW, so I canceled the Lennon deal. So I ended up not making any new deals. I've won the first 4 games in the league and only allowed those 2 goals against Bremen so far. Ochoas stats look great, 3 starts 3 clean sheets lol. Oh, also I'm rotating my entire team about every game. Marin is looking to be something special. I've never developed him before, but he still has 30 left on his PA and already playing great.

Lets be honest your enjoying Lyon and Benzema too much to enjoy Bayern :p

Lol, maybe so but I'm not sure about how you phrased that sentence :p

Gotta be honest (and I'm not sure why) I never really fancy managing in Germany, a few of my mates have with Bayern in particular and said it's a great game but it never appeals to me. *shrugs*

They do have a good/great squad though! Especially in an attacking sense, plus having a potential world class player in Breno for the future isn't bad either :thup:

Just thought I'd throw out another reason not to sell Lahm.

He is now valued higher than any other left back in the game at 16.75m, except Eduardo who just got bought for 20m and Marcelo who is also 16.75. Yes, he's more valuble than Maxwell and Chiellini :) Oops, now he's up to 17.25, so now he is the highest valued LB in the game and only Ramos and Alves are higher for RB's

Just thought I'd throw out another reason not to sell Lahm.

He is now valued higher than any other left back in the game at 16.75m, except Eduardo who just got bought for 20m and Marcelo who is also 16.75. Yes, he's more valuble than Maxwell and Chiellini :) Oops, now he's up to 17.25, so now he is the highest valued LB in the game and only Ramos and Alves are higher for RB's

He's brilliant he can use both feet :)

Archived