FM08: Official bayern munich thread

Wilson7

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For easier games I play a 4-4-2 with the full backs going to the DMC spots, wingers running all the way up. It's really flowing with most of the goals coming when a DC pulls off a striker and goes to my attacking MC. Give the striker a wide open shot. Bayern is set up really well for this since they have pretty fast full backs and very solid center backs.

I could not be more pleased with my league start this year.

bayern4than3.th.jpg

I've also already qualified for the knockout rounds, albeit in a very weak group with PSV and Celtic. I also just got my 40m for Wijnaldum, so I'm sitting on 131m now lol, with no idea what to do with it. I'm thinking about just splurging on Nani since I can not find a better choice for RW.

My goal of being the richest club is looking ok. After the Wijnaldum money came in, I passed Real Madrid and moved into 3rd. Barcelona is next at about 170m higher than me right now.

Looking through my team stats and I have not lost in 104 league matches lol.

League half way gone and I'm approaching that nice January break. Podolski has officially moved into godly status for me. In the 14 league games I've played him (mostly 2 striker tactic with Dean Ashton), he has 23 goals and 4 assists. I've never had anyone do that in a two striker tactic. He's actually grabbed my record for most league goals already. In not even a full half of a season! If he doesn't win European striker of the year it will be an absolute aberration. Almost as good is my defense consisting of Lahm, Clerc, Breno, Sakho, and Ochoa, grabbing me 14 clean sheets in Ochoa's 16 games.

That PSV team that I thought was weak after I thumped them at Allianz, didn't look so bad at Phillips. I managed to draw them 4-4....yeesh. However, I'm definitely buying Zeefuik in January, so I never have to face him again. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, sorry I haven't been posting. I've been playing a Liverpool game, but moved back to the Bayern game now. I just started the second half of the 4th season. The only player I bought in January was Turan Arda, who has been pretty good for me thus far. He's now my starting RW and has a goal and 2 assists in 4 matches. I'm still undefeated in league after 22, with only 1 draw. I have Porto in the first knockout round and beat them away 1-0.

Of course Podolski's out of his mind still and scored 8 in 4 in the league this month.

Now, I've just moved into the semi finals of the cup, so I'm pace to win it again.

Well I've won the first leg at Allianz 3-1 on a Dean Ashton hat trick. Funny, because he was only playing since I needed Saivet at RW.

Won the league on the 27th match day. I think that's my earliest ever.

Played my 1 striker tactic at Old Trafford and Podolski put things away for me of course :)

It wasn't a good game for Wijnaldum seeing me again for the first time lol.

I got Sevilla instead of Barca yay!!!

Well Sevilla was a joke, beat them 6-1 on aggregate with 3 coming from Podolski. Not sure why on Earth Navas wants to stay with them instead of coming to me...whatever his loss:) Got Madrid in the final, never played them so hopefully I come away with a win. They have Augero who is the champs league high scorer right now, so I'm a bit scared.

I also won the cup, so I'm only one win away for a second triple in 3 years.

Bayern 8-3 Leverkusen hat tricks by Saivet and Podolski :D

Of course after a season with 60 goals already Lukas Podolski just had to be a hero in the final scoring in the 108 minute. Another treble yay!!

Oh yeah, Joe Hart was my keeper in the game too lol, since Ochoa was on international duty.

Oh and Podolski's a god. 61 goals and 18 assists in 48 matches. Makes Ashton's 25 and Saivet's 28 look like nothing.

I was thinking i would have to pay over the odds for him but if he is worth it iwill.Does anybody have any ideas of how to get the best out of luca toni hes on a 7 match goal drought and i dont really want to drop him.

Play Podolski instead of Toni? Even if you don't I would suggest off loading him rather soon since he's getting on in age and Podolski is ready to take his place by 2nd season. Toni was good for me, but never as great as Klose and Podolski. I doubt you'll get Neuer for anything less than 15-20m since Schalke is a fierce rival. You do have Rensing, but I would suggest getting Rene Adler if you want German. If not get Ochoa or Lloris.

Well you don't really need a keep till the 2nd season and it's really the only area of the squad that needs anything, except maybe an AM. Ochoa was actually the only player I bought in the first window. He conceded 11 goals in 31 league appearances last year. The most he's ever conceded more than 20 in a season. As for the striker situation, just get Saivet and then anyone who comes along on a bosman and you'll be set for 8 or 9 years.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived