Help against 4-4-2

Hi, just a question on how to approach teams which tends to do well against 4-4-2. I tend to play this formation myself, but some minor teams in the championship league cause alot of trouble for me (im newcastle). Im not a tactical genious so some small pointers on where to start would be appriciated :)

Any idea on what's not going so well for you? Have you read the assistant's feedback after the games? If not, what seems to be the issue in game? Are the opposition just defending and stopping you playing and getting lots of draws, or are you conceding a lot yourself?

Well the back-room staff advice is based on statistics. Most of the team play 4-4-2 so a top table team actually almost always does good against 4-4-2 cuz they do good against anyone...

There is no flaw in 4-4-2 preset tactic. Only thing you could do is set your DCs to close down a notch or 2 less, and play formation rigid tight and narrow against superior teams especially away. I'd also get rid of automatic setings on wide backs and wide midfielders and just set them as support/attack respectively.

Archived