To wwfan :)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AlinMonawar:

I like a challenge ,but the realism isn't here now,just as it wasn't here before i would say. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is a major issue with many people on this forum but I think it would be far too hard for SI to try and implement a fully realistic game engine that makes everyone happy.

I've enjoyed success myself, but tbh I play in the German league which is pretty easy. I've struggled in Europe but that's true to life and but for a few one off results aginst the big teams I have pretty much mimicked real life in continental football terms.

I think the major issue is that people want the game to remain realistic so as to make it more enjoyable, but at the same time want to be able to beat the likes of Barcelona and Chelsea with weaker teams and in some instances take teams like Stockport to CL glory, which is equally unrealistic.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Klipdrift:

I just think that embedded quotes suck.

So could you please stop it already?

Thanks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What?

This thread makes my head hurt. Is there really any reason to open a thread to tell someone something concerning another thread? Why not use the original thread? If it was closed then it was closed for a good reason...the very same good reason that I would hope closes this thread.

Maybe I should take this moment to point everyone towards this thread: 'These Forums'. These boards have descended into idiocy.

If you want a game in which you can dominate every year, U suggest championship manager which is much easier than fm. I understand that you may want to win the title every year, but the other FMers want a challenge. A game in which you need to use your head. Fm is beyond a "game" now, it's a sim. It attempts to simulate the real football world and have nearly perfected it. I suggest you perhaps get Champ manager rather than insulting the people on this forum, just because the game is evolving and you preffered it the way it was.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AlinMonawar:

Seen as how close your name is to my "abusive word",i would not have said anything if i were you,to avoid association,but that's your call. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>stop insulting me!

One more thing,doesn't matter if i get a yellow or red card,i won't be buying the next FM,and i suspect many ppl that are fed up will do the same,unless SI comes up with something quite superior.

I don't want to beat the likes of barcelona with recreativo,but i'd like to beat them with madrid with a well put together tactic,and not lose simply because their players seem doped or something.Also would be nice if my players performed more consistently and i wouldn't have to look so damn hard for who's in form all the time,and would also be nice to see a more extended stretch of good form,which is happening a lot less than in the past.

This game is plagued with issues,don't forget the 30 shots/1 goal ratio in 8.0 or whichever it was,sure it's better now ,but i still have top strikes missing sitters,or even better said,not missing,simply passing it to the goalkeeper ,while they're in acres of spaces with good angles to score,if they miss ,at least it should be a near miss by the far post or something,but nope it's a sitter missed.

What else ? The one strong foo/weak foot and 2 strong foot issues..look how ridiculous it is,you got wonderkids like higuain that on paper never truly get 15 or more in key attributes,but still perform quite much above their attributes due to that,well,is there realism in this ? are two footed players completely dominating ? i got roberto soldado (bet most ppl don't know him),outperforming world class players for this issue and i suspect it's a lot more than just this guy.Realism ? how can i expect any realism,when these are just scratching the surface.

Whenever i play against any top europe team it feels more or less like it should,but when it's barcelona i just put my face on and get ready for the show,players always with "fire in their belly",playing with a lot of nerve,which is something my team ,personally doesn't do much or very often,no matter what incarnation of saved game i am playing..i had a great season start recently where they my team played amazing,but they ran out of gas in like 8 games,and started losing 2-1 to valladolid after thrashing most teams,would like to understand that..team talk ? media ? i read the guides,i'm doing it,what gives ? right..

Newcomers to this game will buy fm09,many ppl are disgruntled and will not,and probably just lurk here to see if it's worth it..look at the tactics forum,when someone says he's doing very well ,you see 10k views instantly (there is one such thread on the tactics forum),doesn't that mean something ? I like to read guides on things etc but make my own tactics to reflect my style and approach,but most ppl that are succeeding probably just copy / paste the new hot way to cheat the AI into losing,kinda like the AI is trying to cheat you all the time..great game..

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SWaRFeGa:

I can't believe this thread is still going on. Granted, I'm making it an extra little bit worse by posting, but wow.

Shut it down boys. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>agreed icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by peter-evo:

I actually think most FMers will buy 2009 because with the new patch the game is outstanding. I have not experienced the goals/shot ratio problem and I will certainly buy the next football manager. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>agreed icon14.gif

I personaly can say i have not noticed too many problems post or pre patch, well nothing that stops you from playing the game. So guess FM2009 will be top of Xmas list again!

Also to AlinMonawar you came on here requesting help from fellow forum posters and what i cant understand is anyone who has tried to help you all you have done is whinge about or not try to take their advice, so one simple solution for you regardless how long you have been registered on here is if you dont want people to help and give you their experiences and advice - Dont Post On Here simple!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by peter-evo:

I actually think most FMers will buy 2009 because with the new patch the game is outstanding. I have not experienced the goals/shot ratio problem and I will certainly buy the next football manager. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think the majority of players that are happy with the game are off playing it and enjoying themselves. I think the few that are disgruntled are hear making pathetic complaints about issues that I have never considered a real problem.

I will buy 09 and I will enjoy it. I am sure very many others will too. The OP may not but at least he won't fill the board with nonsensical rants.

I actually think most FMers will buy 2009 because with the new patch the game is outstanding. I have not experienced the goals/shot ratio problem and I will certainly buy the next football manager. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed. I think most people find the game extremely playable since the 8.0.2 patch. There is still room for improvement, I personally find the corner exploit very annoying, but there always will be. No game is perfect and the developers can't please everyone.

ALso, the game can be frustrating (I just let in a third goal to AFC wimbledon after dominating the game) but this is part of football life. The frustration justs makes me want to impress my virtual crowd and the moaning board of directors and have a bit of personal pride. IN all fairness, if you want to better yourself at the game, then please take advice on board and you will improve.

Whenever something annoying or wrong happens,or that can't be explained (aka players outjumping players they shouldn't),it is simply dubbed as normal,cause it sometimes happens in real life,and all moves on.

When a total fringe player with 9 long range shots scores a scorcher from 38 metters,putting you 2 points behind where you ought to be,it's okay,cause it happens in real life sometimes,right? You're all just happy campers,regardless,maybe the teams you play or the leagues you play don't put you in my position and that's all there is to it,however this game has seen no real improvements except some slight improvements on the match engine,in quite some long years,and this keeps going,except this year i saw a totaly 180 turn without a warning sign in terms of the so-called "difficulty",and that is simply dumb.

I'm pretty close to jumping on the bandwagon about the 3D engine idea,and other several things that could make this game better instead of these tweaks every year,and the countless patches that follow to fix the flaws that occur.

Whenever something annoying or wrong happens,or that can't be explained (aka players outjumping players they shouldn't),it is simply dubbed as normal,cause it sometimes happens in real life,and all moves on.

When a total fringe player with 9 long range shots scores a scorcher from 38 metters,putting you 2 points behind where you ought to be,it's okay,cause it happens in real life sometimes,right? You're all just happy campers,regardless,maybe the teams you play or the leagues you play don't put you in my position and that's all there is to it,however this game has seen no real improvements except some slight improvements on the match engine,in quite some long years,and this keeps going,except this year i saw a totaly 180 turn without a warning sign in terms of the so-called "difficulty",and that is simply dumb.

I'm pretty close to jumping on the bandwagon about the 3D engine idea,and other several things that could make this game better instead of these tweaks every year,and the countless patches that follow to fix the flaws that occur. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Somebody in my Sunday league team hit a 40 yard purler two sundays ago. If he were on FM his long shots would be 0.1. Every player in the spanish top division could score form 35 yards. So if you do not close him down and give him the space to work he will strike a ball. If players always score from long range maybe it's time to get a midfield with high concentration and close down more

I'm pretty close to jumping on the bandwagon about the 3D engine idea,and other several things that could make this game better instead of these tweaks every year,and the countless patches that follow to fix the flaws that occur. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well I think that tells us everything we need to know about what he knows about FM.

I mark as tightly and close down as much as can be done without it becoming a problem.It's not so much that i'm getting scored on so much from long shots,it was purely an example..but there are many things about this game that are pretty amazing to think of all the programming that went into it,aka the match engine,but this stuff is already pretty old and hasn't seen that much alteration..what keeps us interested is the game and teams we care about,players,signings etc,not the overall quality of the game itself..there are many issues.

Look at the scouting,it used to be a LOT better in previous years,i've been screaming at giovani do santos' poor stats for 3 years now til they finally got where they ought to be..who are these scouts,do they watch the junior players championships ? doesn't seem that way..not to mention some players improve insanely much simply because of exposure,joining better teams or such things (elano for example),or many others,like pablo garcia when he had just joined madrid...let's not forget sergio ramos was rated entirely rubbish not too long ago,another thing i was having a lot of problems with..or the current madrid (real madrid) team,many players there still not rated properly,sneijder was rated much lower,but got updated slightly in 8.02 more realisticly to his ability,robinho is a better finisher than the scouting gives him credit,and list continues.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nomis07:

Well I think that tells us everything we need to know about what he knows about FM. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>agreed! icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nomis07:

Well I think that tells us everything we need to know about what he knows about FM. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That doesn't mean i play the EA manager,that one is really crap,however good a bird's eye view of the game gives u perspective on the game,much more than a tv camera,in some cases it would be good to replay things to see what exactly happen,and that is just one use for it,i can think of dozens others.

Got to agree with peter-evo nearly anything is possible in real life! When Beckham scored from within his own half in the prem would he have had long range shooting 20 no dont think so because he was still relativly unknown so no one would have known his true abilities.

In real life when you play football if you playing against someone whose bigger or better than you, you always try that little bit harder because of your desire to win. So as your trying harder than the opposition with jumping or heading you are bound to out do him!

What benefit would a 3d engine bring? The 2D engine is brilliant. It gives you a great insight into how your team is playing. If you play 3d (like fifa manager), you are unable to see what your defence is doing and how it is set up when you are attacking. The Championship manager engine is barely 3d is it? The players are not 3d. So until they have completely perfected the 2D engine, i see no reason to mess about with it

I mark as tightly and close down as much as can be done without it becoming a problem.It's not so much that i'm getting scored on so much from long shots,it was purely an example..but there are many things about this game that are pretty amazing to think of all the programming that went into it,aka the match engine,but this stuff is already pretty old and hasn't seen that much alteration..what keeps us interested is the game and teams we care about,players,signings etc,not the overall quality of the game itself..there are many issues.

Look at the scouting,it used to be a LOT better in previous years,i've been screaming at giovani do santos' poor stats for 3 years now til they finally got where they ought to be..who are these scouts,do they watch the junior players championships ? doesn't seem that way..not to mention some players improve insanely much simply because of exposure,joining better teams or such things (elano for example),or many others,like pablo garcia when he had just joined madrid...let's not forget sergio ramos was rated entirely rubbish not too long ago,another thing i was having a lot of problems with..or the current madrid (real madrid) team,many players there still not rated properly,sneijder was rated much lower,but got updated slightly in 8.02 more realisticly to his ability,robinho is a better finisher than the scouting gives him credit,and list continues. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>to be honest... i really dont care anymore about people moaning about FM... icon_rolleyes.gif

What benefit would a 3d engine bring? The 2D engine is brilliant. It gives you a great insight into how your team is playing. If you play 3d (like fifa manager), you are unable to see what your defence is doing and how it is set up when you are attacking. The Championship manager engine is barely 3d is it? The players are not 3d. So until they have completely perfected the 2D engine, i see no reason to mess about with it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I already answered that but some ppl quoting large posts just to do a ******** "thumbs up" icon is not helping

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dudeface:

Look at the scouting,it used to be a LOT better in previous years,i've been screaming at giovani do santos' poor stats for 3 years now til they finally got where they ought to be..who are these scouts,do they watch the junior players championships ? doesn't seem that way..not to mention some players improve insanely much simply because of exposure,joining better teams or such things (elano for example),or many others,like pablo garcia when he had just joined madrid...let's not forget sergio ramos was rated entirely rubbish not too long ago,another thing i was having a lot of problems with..or the current madrid (real madrid) team,many players there still not rated properly,sneijder was rated much lower,but got updated slightly in 8.02 more realisticly to his ability,robinho is a better finisher than the scouting gives him credit,and list continues. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>to be honest... i really dont care anymore about people moaning about FM... icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What's that supposed to mean ? you pathetic excuse for a human being.

What benefit would a 3d engine bring? The 2D engine is brilliant. It gives you a great insight into how your team is playing. If you play 3d (like fifa manager), you are unable to see what your defence is doing and how it is set up when you are attacking. The Championship manager engine is barely 3d is it? The players are not 3d. So until they have completely perfected the 2D engine, i see no reason to mess about with it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>agreed! icon14.gif

The argument that a 3D engine would give us better ability to see what's happening and especially in the case of offsides etc is an old one. Better commentary is the answer.

I've played practically every management game available and I have never seen a 3D engine that has the same realistic feel as FM's 2D engine. Even Fifa and Pro Evo IMO don't generate the same amount of realism as the dots on a screen in FM. Sounds mad but I think plenty will agree.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dudeface:

Look at the scouting,it used to be a LOT better in previous years,i've been screaming at giovani do santos' poor stats for 3 years now til they finally got where they ought to be..who are these scouts,do they watch the junior players championships ? doesn't seem that way..not to mention some players improve insanely much simply because of exposure,joining better teams or such things (elano for example),or many others,like pablo garcia when he had just joined madrid...let's not forget sergio ramos was rated entirely rubbish not too long ago,another thing i was having a lot of problems with..or the current madrid (real madrid) team,many players there still not rated properly,sneijder was rated much lower,but got updated slightly in 8.02 more realisticly to his ability,robinho is a better finisher than the scouting gives him credit,and list continues. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>to be honest... i really dont care anymore about people moaning about FM... icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What's that supposed to mean ? you pathetic excuse for a human being. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>right... thats it! im going to report you to the mods!

The argument that a 3D engine would give us better ability to see what's happening and especially in the case of offsides etc is an old one. Better commentary is the answer.

I've played practically every management game available and I have never seen a 3D engine that has the same realistic feel as FM's 2D engine. Even Fifa and Pro Evo IMO don't generate the same amount of realism as the dots on a screen in FM. Sounds mad but I think plenty will agree. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't play the game in that slow motion granny mode,i can't afford to waste that much time just to see the commentary.

What's that supposed to mean ? you pathetic excuse for a human being. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>right... thats it! im going to report you to the mods! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't give a toss..anyway,i gotta go,it's been an interesting discussion.

Is tghis guy for real or is it just his mission to ocme on here today to wind everyone up and disagree with everything and everyone.

Would love to put money on it give him half hour he will be moaning about people who want fm to have 3d match engine!

I think that you have had little digs at me and many other posters but in all fairness, everyone has agreed with me and dudeface and many others.

You really do need to get a hold og yourself and listen to what people have got to say, exept for my first post i have offered my advice and tried to be reasonable and help you. But then you call me a ******. I am far too grown up to be insulted by that. But maybe you are the one that needs to grow up a bit.

I am willing to try and help with whatever you have to say but I'd rather not be branded a ******. I think you need to step back and look at why barcelona are being succesful instead of moaning on here

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">right... thats it! im going to report you to the mods! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

While you are talking to the mods can you ask them to give you the highest karma level, so u haven't got to keep posting stupid comments that don't add much to any discussion you enter, cheers icon14.gif. That thumbs up look familiar?

I think that you have had little digs at me and many other posters but in all fairness, everyone has agreed with me and dudeface and many others.

You really do need to get a hold og yourself and listen to what people have got to say, exept for my first post i have offered my advice and tried to be reasonable and help you. But then you call me a ******. I am far too grown up to be insulted by that. But maybe you are the one that needs to grow up a bit.

I am willing to try and help with whatever you have to say but I'd rather not be branded a ******. I think you need to step back and look at why barcelona are being succesful instead of moaning on here </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I love these forums i really do. but dicks like him have no place on these forums

I am willing to try and help with whatever you have to say but I'd rather not be branded a ******. I think you need to step back and look at why barcelona are being succesful instead of moaning on here </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I love these forums i really do. but dicks AlinMonawar have no place on these forums </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am willing to try and help with whatever you have to say but I'd rather not be branded a ******. I think you need to step back and look at why barcelona are being succesful instead of moaning on here </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I love these forums i really do. but ****s like AlinMonawar have no place on these forums </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So let me get this straight mr innocent dudeface you moan about being abused but then abuse back, you have a yellow card for flouting forum rule but here you are again posting your intellectual comments icon_rolleyes.gif.

If I were you i'd give talking to the mods a miss if you love these forums so much.

I have to say it takes alot to annoy me but you take the p***.

Jeesh, we get rid of one guy who argues with everyone and another two start up.

Give over you two, can we not just keep the talk limited to FM and have some reasonable debate? I'm trying to avoid working for god's sake!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> I can't believe this thread is still going on. Granted, I'm making it an extra little bit worse by posting, but wow.

Shut it down boys. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's Friday. SI are probably down the pub.

I suspect a closed thread and probably a yellow card are in the future of this one. Swearing, name-calling, ranting... and about a well-documented topic.

All this ranting about lack of realism is pointless - we're a bunch of regular blokes and (I suspect) a lot of children managing the top football clubs in Europe and all over the world! And if we're not already at Man U, Barca, or Juve, we're taking Plop United from non-league to Champions League glory. It's a GAME - get over it.

To the OP: I take it you're a Real Madrid fan who hates Barca the way Liverpool and Man U are rivals (apologies if my assumption is wrong). Losing to your major rivals is never easy, but Liverpool haven't managed it in the league for several matches now - IRL. I expect Rafa thinks his tactics are fine too and would probably be annoyed at someone suggesting otherwise.

However, I've played through several leagues, currently appointed manager of Chelski. I have Didier Drogba and Elano who have done exactly what you are venting about: scoring from impossible angles... against Barca! Perhaps the visual interpretation is a bit off, but that's all it is - an INTERPRETATION of the match engine. If players constantly perform better against you it's probably players with higher than average determination, and when it's against your bitter rivals they WILL step up a gear. Yes, the ability seems to increase more than is realistic, but you can counter it.

I'm sorry if this sounds like a rant in reply to a rant, but whenever people explode like this all over the forums, I assume they are by children and dismiss them as such, but since you are married I expect you are older and therefore should have a more mature outlook on life. Here's my suggestion to help with your problem: take your new wife out, have a nice meal, take a deep breath and think to yourself "Why exactly am I getting so angry about a bit of programming code?"

Then, the next day, calmly and patiently do what WWFan suggests.

i won't be buying the next FM. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That relieves me actually, as it means you wont be on these forums any more icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FrazT:

This thread is a perfect example of a post that if it had been watched closely from the start, could have been checked or closed before degenerating into a slanging match. This should be closed now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It probably should have been closed after the OP's third or fourth post. It was obvious early on that this wasn't going to be anything productive, especially once the name-calling started.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">When a total fringe player with 9 long range shots scores a scorcher from 38 metters,putting you 2 points behind where you ought to be,it's okay,cause it happens in real life sometimes,right? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gary Neville did it once.

Frazer Richardson, left foot, for Leeds this season; he's right footed, never repeated it.

Many players who have never scored for their club get their first goal from distance cos no one expects it.

So yes, I shrug, set the player to be closed down with hard tackling (to teach him a lesson) and get on with the rest of my life.

Dudeface: Was there any real reason for your comments halfway down this second page when you called the OP names? You may not think much of his rant, but abusing the guy doesn't help matters. You really have no place complaining about his feelings if you are then just going to resort to name calling three posts in a row.

Your as bad...no worse than the OP. You turned this thread from bad to mindless. People may think the OP gets a warning from this but your behaviour deserves equal.

I really cant believe this thread has got to 2 pages without anyone monitoring it…

My 2 pence worth of a comment:

If you are having problems winning against a certain side then it is most likely your tactics, if you are conceding lots of goals from corners then its most likely the corner bug and there is also a way to minimise it.

Just because you have been pointed to the tactics forum does not mean he was disregarding everything you were saying, tactics forum was the right place for your previous post. It does not mean that you would have to look through or copy paste other peoples tactics but get help on improving your own.

Team Talks can also change a game around, give the right talk and you can turn a draw into a win, considering how long you spent on moaning and insulting people you could of easily found that out by looking through the threads..

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I really cant believe this thread has got to 2 pages without anyone monitoring it… </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Proves the need for more mods, IMO.

I very rarely go online and only signed up because I needed something to get me through work. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Me too icon_smile.gif I always assumed that things werent bugs i was just crapola and if i was managing against wenger/fergie/houllier irl he'd kick my arse so the game was realistic icon_smile.gif

Archived