Good vs.Bad, or in other words Brugge vs Rangers

bjorn

This is going to be a CM 4 season 03-04 story. I know the game isn't out yet but I going to start with the prelude from now on. I know it's been a while since I wrote a story on this board, but with the game looking great so far I hope this is going to be a new "start" for me. And which team would be better to start with then my beloved Club Brugge. Rangers isn't going to play a role in this game but I didn't know which title to pick and I wanted to frustrate/satisfy some of the members on this board with this title icon_biggrin.gif

Now let's start the story.

Grandfather's past...

Marco was a normal 15 year old boy who loved his family and friends. On a day he decided to help his grandfather Björn with moving his stuff from his old house to his new house. Bjorn was 65 year's old but he decided he wanted a new house. Björn always been like that, he always wanted to have a new challenge in his life.

- Björn: Can you bring these boxes to my car, david? They are to heavy for me.

- Marco: Yeah sure no problem Björn. he replied. Marco always said Björn to his grandfather because he had respect for him.

- Björn: Thanks kid, you're the best. I hope I can see you live in your own house one day, I surely do.

- Marco: I know you want that, and I know you will live to see that day, I'm sure of it.

Marco moved the boxes to his grandfather's car and after he picked up the last box, he saw a letter on the ground. The letter was old and almost unreadable because of it's age. The only "words" he could read were:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>

F om: Ch irm n f Br ge

to örn No e

su e t: ew ma ger

Bj n,

We w ul e erry app f y u w uld be o r ne ma a er. C me to y ce at 15 ' ock. T nk yo .

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The letter was very unclear be he decided he would ask his grandfather about it tonight, as he was very curious about this letter and his grandfather never told anything about it.

He moved the boxes into the back of the car and toke place next to his grandfather in the front of the car. On the way to the new house he was thinking about that letter and how he would ask it to his grandfather... Maybe he would be mad about it if he knew about that letter. Anyway Marco decided he would ask about it....

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is going to be a CM 4 season 03-04 story. I know the game isn't out yet but I going to start with the prelude from now on. I know it's been a while since I wrote a story on this board, but with the game looking great so far I hope this is going to be a new "start" for me. And which team would be better to start with then my beloved Club Brugge. Rangers isn't going to play a role in this game but I didn't know which title to pick and I wanted to frustrate/satisfy some of the members on this board with this title icon_biggrin.gif

Now let's start the story.

Grandfather's past...

Marco was a normal 15 year old boy who loved his family and friends. On a day he decided to help his grandfather Björn with moving his stuff from his old house to his new house. Bjorn was 65 year's old but he decided he wanted a new house. Björn always been like that, he always wanted to have a new challenge in his life.

- Björn: Can you bring these boxes to my car, david? They are to heavy for me.

- Marco: Yeah sure no problem Björn. he replied. Marco always said Björn to his grandfather because he had respect for him.

- Björn: Thanks kid, you're the best. I hope I can see you live in your own house one day, I surely do.

- Marco: I know you want that, and I know you will live to see that day, I'm sure of it.

Marco moved the boxes to his grandfather's car and after he picked up the last box, he saw a letter on the ground. The letter was old and almost unreadable because of it's age. The only "words" he could read were:

F om: Ch irm n f Br ge

to örn No e

su e t: ew ma ger

Bj n,

We w ul e erry app f y u w uld be o r ne ma a er. C me to y ce at 15 ' ock. T nk yo .

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The letter was very unclear be he decided he would ask his grandfather about it tonight, as he was very curious about this letter and his grandfather never told anything about it.

He moved the boxes into the back of the car and toke place next to his grandfather in the front of the car. On the way to the new house he was thinking about that letter and how he would ask it to his grandfather... Maybe he would be mad about it if he knew about that letter. Anyway Marco decided he would ask about it....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Peacemaker7:

Want me to edit your title, you've clearly made a bit of balls up of it icon_razz.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah edit it like HD said. I know now that the title is wrong but that is because of my poor english icon_biggrin.gif, Thx HD

Bjorn and Marco arrived at the new house. It was the first time Marco saw grandfather's new house. It was nice and really big, but his mom always told him that Björn was a rich man. They unpacked all the stuff from the car and placed in in the house.

- Björn: Would you mind helping me with unpacking these boxes, Marco?

- Marco: Not at all grandfather, no problem. You name it I do it.

- Björn: You're a sweet boy, you know that? We will start with unpcking these two big boxes. Inside there are memory's of my past and picture's about you're grandmother, Daisy.

- Marco: Oh cool, I didn't saw much picture's of her, so I would like to watch them if that's ok. But first I will unpack everything ok?

Marco started with unpacking one of the two big boxes and all of the stuff inside of it were things that had something to do with Club Brugge. Immediatly he thought about that letter and wondered if now would be the right time to ask about it. When he saw a big picture of the Brugge squad he couldn't believe his eyes. Grandfather stood onto it while he was wearing the coaching jacket.

- Marco: Björn, what are you doing on this picture and has this letter anything to do with it?

- Björn: Well, it all started back then in the season 2003-2004......

Or maybe the reason of my appointment started in the season before that. Trond Sollied, the maanger of Club Brugge at that time won the league very easily and he felt so confident that he thought it wasn't neccesary to do a thing in the pre-season. He rejected all offers from any club on every player. The chairman couldn't laugh with that and he was fired two weeks before the start of the new season.

I made a bet with some of my friends, they told me that I couldn't be the new manager of my beloved football club. I accepted their challenge, without thinking how hard it would be to become their new manager. The same day I called the chairman of Club Brugge and asked him if I could apply for the job. He told me I was expected the day after I called. The next day I went to his office and talked with him about the position of manager. "Why would we appoint you as our new manager?" he asked me. "Well sir, I can't tell you who you should appoint, but just know if you accept me as your new manager, I will try my best to get Brugge into the champions league and make the club one of the biggest in België, Netherland and France and who knows maybe even beyond that." I replied. "I will think about it and I will let you know wether you get the job or not."

I left his office and on my way home I was wondering how I would tell this to my beloved Daisy. Maybe it would be best if I didn't tell her anything at the moment and just wait until I get a reply from the chairman...

- Marco: So what happened after that? Did he give you the job, and how did Daisy reacted?

- Björn: Oh it's getting late already, I will tell you about it tomorrow, ok? Your mom is going to be worried that you ain't home yet.

- Marco: Ok and thx for telling me already a bit of it, Björn.

Björn brought Marco back home. Marco gave him a kiss on his cheek and left the car. "See you tomorrow grandfather, bye"

Marco went to his bed at nine o'clock so he could get up early to help his grandfather and hear the rest of his story. He felt a sleep and before he knew it it was morning and he dressed him, ate something and got in Björns car to got to the new house. When they arrived there they worked for a couple of hours and then his grandfather continued with his story.

The day after I went to the chairman's office, I recieved a phonecall. It was him, the chairman, and he asked me if I could go to his office by 3 o'clock. I was so happy as I thought I would be appointed but I was wrong. "Björn we want you to let you know that we are currently considering to offer you the job or we will give it to Franky van der Elst, as the fans would also love him to be our new manager. So we are prepared to make a purpose. You have to convince us that you really are the right man for the club. We give you the time until tomorrow and then we should have real evidence."

I didn't really know how I could convince them but I thought about it. I wrote a little article about my vision on Brugge and football.

Belgian football!!!

I know that Belgian football ain't praised over the whole world and that our reputationt ain't very high. But this is my ision. I want to make Club Brugge a big team, in whole Europe. I know that it sounds ridicolous but for that we need star players. So here is my plan and I will explain every step of it.

step 1: Win the copetition. If possible every year.

If you want to satisfy the fans in your region and country you would have to win the copetition every year, so we can play champions league every year. If we qualify of course. So and with that the first step if completed. And we arrive to...

Step 2: Signing some quality players.

If we could sime some quality players or some good youngsters we could easily win the competition and we could compete ourselves with the teams in the champions league. If we are lucky we should be able to sign some better players and maybe some old players who once were the real stars. Then we are ready for....

Step 3: Winning THE Champions league!

When we sign some star players we should be able to win the Champions league. Because of our star players and with a little bit of luck. If we achieve that I think I will be old enough to retire.

I hope that this is good enough to appoint me as your new manger.

regards,

Björn

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I send this letter to his office and awaited his decision....

He called me the day after that on 12 o'clock. He wanted me to come to his office against 15 o'clock. I arrived 5 minutes to early and knocked on the door of his office.

You hear the noice of two knocks on a wooden door, knock knock...

"Come in."said the chairman. "Bjorn I'm verry happy that you could come today. I have some good news for you. From today you will be our new manager. You have time untill saterday to meet with the players and staff and on sunday we will anounce you to the fans and the press. I hope you are willing to accept our offer?" asked the almost bold man. "Of course I accept your offer. I'm very happy you have chosen me for this job. I won't let you down, sir." I replied. "Don't call me sir, you can name me by my first name from now on, so that would be Michel." He said with a smile on his face.

So I had won the challenge vs. my friends but now I had to explain it to my wife, Daisy. That would be another hard thing to do as she wasn't such a football fan like me. But to my big suprise she was very happy for me and she hoped it would all turn out right for us and the team. So from then on I could start with my task as a manager. I toke a piece of paper and wrote some things down that I would do when I saw the boys.

* Watch them train.

* Hire/fire some coaches maybe.

* Renew the contracts of the players and staff I wanted to keep at the club.

* Find out which tactic I will use for my fist team.

* And last but not least, look for some players if we have the money to buy them.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was a happy man from then on and I hoped it would last for a long time.

From now on the story will be told as a story, so not like Björn said... I still don't have the game but hopefully I will tomorrow.... icon_frown.gif

Sportflash:

With Stefaan Lambrechts and special guest Aimé Anthuenis

Stefaan: A good afternoon to the viewers today and welcome to the studio Aimé.

Aimé: Hello, Stefaan. Thanks for inviting me to the studio.

Stefaan: You're welcome here Aimé. From now on you will be here every sunday and when the competition starts we will also invite a player who has done well when we return with our show. The first thing we will talk about today is your former rival team, when you where managing Anderlecht, Club Brugge. I don't know if you heard it already but they have appointed a new manager after Trond's sacking.

Aimé: Yes, I've heard about it. but I never heard of him, he isn't a well-known manager, if I'm correct.

Stefaan: You certainly are. He just got his coaching license and now he has the honour to manage Brugge. What do you think of that?

Aimé: Well I hope for Brugge that they know what they are doing as I don't think the fans waited for this to happen. Afterall Brugge are this years biggest tittle favourite besides Anderlecht. I just hope for that man, Björn Noppe I think it was, and for Brugge that they have made the right decision but only time will tell.

Stefaan: That's right but do you think that Anderlecht will feel comfortable now, because of this "mistake" of Brugge?

Aimé: Comfortable is a big word but I surely think that their chances are bigger now to win the competition. But who know's maybe Björn is a real genius or maybe he is a big failure.

Stefaan: Yeah, we will have our first reports about him by the end of the year, if he stay's there so long of course but I wish him the best of luck. The second thing I wanted to ask you, who will be the biggest challengers for Anderlecht, besides Brugge, this year?

Aimé: Well first of all that would be Racing Genk and of course you can never forget Standard Liegé. But I'm also expecting something of Sint Truiden.

Stefaan: And who won't be able to avoid the drop this year?

Aimé: The two newly promoted teams will surely have a hard time this season, But I don't expect Cercle Brugge to relegate this season. It's always dangerous to say two names but if I have to I would say, Charleroi and Heusden-Zolder.

Stefaan: Ok thanks for your visit and I will see you again next sunday. Now we will watch the tennis as Kim Clijsters....

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

the story

I was appointed on the 1st of July. My contract wage was worth €7,500/week and would expire on the 30th June of the year 2006. Like every new manager I started with this info on my history file:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Ability to handle pressure 10

Ambition 10

Loyalty 10

Media handling 10

Professionalism 10

Temperament 10

Reputation unproven

</pre>

On Wednesday 2nd July, I declared my intrest in Djugarden's Kim Kallstrom. The swedish youngster is seen as one of the hottest prospects for the future in the big football competition, but in Belgium he would be a real god, so hopefully he would like to join us. I made an offer on him worth €4.1M.

Two days later they accepted my offer and I was able to negotiate a contract with his agent and him. In the begin his agent made it a little hard for me, but after 30 minutes of negotiations I was able to offer him a nice contract. He told me he would consider my offer and see what other teams would offer him. The same day Betis offered €9M to Fenerbahce for their Argentinian player Ariel Ortega. They seemed very happy to accept their offer as the player was able to sign a contract at any other team who wanted him, as his contract was rolling.

On Saturday the 5th July Inter Milan offered a contract to Ortega without paying anything for him. From then on Betis knew it would be very hard to get the player to their team. On the same day Lyon made an offer for Renato, who currently plays for Brazilian team Santos.The next sportflash I saw on my sport channel was this one:

Mexès to big for Auxerre?

It is crystal clear that Philip Mexès won't be playing for Auxerre this season. The young French central defender is wanted by alot of topclubs over Europe. The teams who are chasing the player to get his signature are Lyon, Espanyol, Man Utd, Valencia, Mallorca and Sevilla.But the list seems to grow with every day that is passing. This will certainly be continued.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ruud Gullit was appointed on Monday 7 July by the English Premier division team Tottenham. The 40year old manager, who has a very good reputation, has the task to bring Tottenham some glory in the coming seasons. The fans were very excited that a manager with his reputation wanted to manager their team. On the same day it became clear that Ariel Ortega would spent his next three years in Italy as he signed a contract with Inter Milan. The Argentinian player was very happy that he could sign a contract for such a topclub. The last message came from Charleroi as they wanted one of my youth players on loan for the rest of the season. I accepted their offer and told Michaël Cornelis to check out how the life of a first team footballer was.

The day after that we were already Tuesday. That was the day I got a phonecall from Kallstrom's agent, who told me that Kim accepted my contract offer. The reason for this was and I repeat his words:

"I'm very excited of playing with players of superior ability." He rejected offers from Alavés and Las Palmas. But not everyone was happy with that transfer as from the minute my players knew that he would join us Ceh came in my office telling me that he saw this as a threat for him as Kim could also play in his position. I told Ceh that he should prove himself he was worth his place in the first team or he could leave. It was harsh but it was the truth.

Two hours later Kallstrom arrived at the club and signed his €10,250/week contract which would expire on the 30th June of 2006.

Wednesday 9th July Cornelis came to my office to let me know he would depart to Charleroi until the rest of the season. I wished him the best of luck. A day later Ceh came to me to apologise. He told me he was willing to train harder then he ever did to earn a first team spot. I accepted his apologise and told him I would forget about his outburst. The same day Feyenoord signed Renato for €5M.

And then I had to play my first friendly on the 14th.

Brugge vs. Petkimspor (A) 20.00h

Friendly

We lost the game due to a goal from Cem Ercan in the 22th minute. It was the only goal of the game and so I lost my first game as a manager.

After that friendly I decided to cancel all of the friendly's and give the boys some training, especcially in shooting as all of our chances went over the bar. The day after my friendly it became official that Philip Mexès left Auxerre for Espanyol!!He could have gone to Valencia or Man Utd, but the Frenchmen said that it would be the best for his career, if he didn't moved to fast. Oh well maybe he's right. Then there were some qiuet days and on Saturday the 19th I had to do something important. I had to decide my squad numbers, and I know for an expierenced manager that ain't much fun, but for me it felt good. icon_smile.gif

Two days later I recieved an email from the chairman of Valladolid as he wanted to know how much I wanted for Alin Stoica. I didn't want to sell him right away, so I asked them €4M. If they would give this for him then he would be able to leave. Today was also the day that Valencia brought a new striker to Mestalla. He came from Auxerre and his name is Djibril Cissé.His former team recieved €12M for the young striker.

On the 23rd July Arsenal's chairman called me to ask me how much I wanted for Timmy Simons. Timmy is without a doubt one of the best defenders of Belgium and is wanted by several topclubs like Milan, Deportivo and Man Utd. My decision was quiclky made, if they wanted to sign him they would have to pay hard cash and so I asked €10M for the Defender/Defensive midfielder (Right/Central). That same day Valladolid let me know that they weren't intrested anymore in Alin Stoica.

On friday Arsenal called me back to let me know that they weren't intrested anymore in Simons. In the late afternoon I got the suprising news from the Uefa that I xould play against GAK from Austria in the second qualifying round of the champions league. I don't understand how it comes that we started in the 2nd round. We were the champions last year so we chould be in the third round. Oh well, it's a good training and hopefully we are able to progress.

The first leg would be played in 5 days, that would be on the 30th July.

Days passed without some intresting news and so I was ready for my first real game of the season.

Brugge vs GAK (H) 19.45

Champions league qualifying round 2 leg 1

Attendance: 25154

Dry 22°C

Team line-up (5-3-2): Butina, Simons, De Cock, Van der Heyden, Verheyen, Ceh, Englebert, Kallstrom, Clement ©, Saeternes, Mendoza

Gak started the game with a normal 4-4-2 tactic and they dominate the first 25 minutes of the game. Their first real chance came in the 21st minute when Dollinger headed to Dürr. He controlled the ball well before he struck the ball with fury. Butina was beated for the first time, but he couldn't be blamed. It was De Cock's fault as his man was left unmarked. After that goal the fans were yelling and tried to be the 12th man on the pitch. It helped a lot as is the 37th minute Saeternes got the ball just outside the area. He fired at the target but his shot was saved and pushed away by Siegl. But still the chance wasn't over as the ball felt in Kallstrom's feet and he was left a simple finish. It was also the last chance of the first half.

Half-time score: 1 - 1

In the dressingroom I asked my players to hunt ad press as much as they could and prevent any further goals. It seemed like they understood what I asked as in the 50th minute Mendoza picked up a loose ball a few yards before the area. He continued his way in the box and dribbled his way past the keeper before he simply scored the 2-1. What a wonderfull goal by Mendoza. Eleven minutes later Kallstrom played a lovely deep ball for Mendoza. He entered the box with the ball and send the ball low past the keeper and we were leading by 3 goals to 1. Mendoza really proved to be a good player. And still the game wasn't over as GAK tried their best to create a chance they just couldn't create one. In the 78th minute we got a corner kick. De Cock played the ball in the box and Mendoza jumped higher then the rest to score his third goal of the game. And so we won the game rather easily.

MoM: Mendoza (10)

Final score: Brugge 4 - GAK 1

Scorers: Kallstrom, Mendoza (3)

Assists: De Cock, Kallstrom, Saeternes.

substitutions:66th minute:Verheyen -> Stoica

Ceh -> Gvozdenovic

</pre>

Manager notes: Good game by Mendoza and a good debut by Kallstrom. Gert Verheyen also picked up an injury in the game and he would be out for 2 weeks.

On the last day of the month I was informed by the UEFA that either we or GAK would play Lokomotiv Moscou in the third qualifying round of the champions league. And also today I saw on the tv that Dortmund signed Ludovic Giuly from AS Monaco for €10.25M.

The start of the competition and the start of August.

1st August:

The board of directors and the chairman informed me that they were still sure they made the right choice in appointing me. But the fans were still very disappointed that I was appointed. I will try to convince them. My manager profile looked like this at the start of the month:

Ability to handle pressure 7 3 down

Ambition 10 same

Loyalty 8 2 down

Media handling 13 3 up

Professionalism 8 2 down

Temperament 10 same

Reputation unproven same

</pre>

Today I also had to select 25 players who were able to play in the champions league. Because of the small squad I had it wasn't hard to choose these 25.

2nd August:

Today we had to play for the Belgium Super Cup against La Louvière.

Brugge vs. La Louvière (H) 20.30

Belgium Super Cup

Attendance:

Dry 22°C

Team line-up (5-3-2): Butina, Simons, De Cock, Van der Heyden, Stoica, Ceh, Englebert, Kallstrom, Clement ©, Saeternes, Mendoza

Just like every game in België, when a big team plays against a little team, it is always the big team who is trying to create some chances while the small team is playing very defensive. Today was no exception as La Louvière started with a 4-5-1 tactic. They were hoping to score with a counterattack. We had some small chances in the start of the game but not good enough to mention. In the 41st minute we have our first real chance. De Cock played a long throw in towards Mendoza. He was left unmarked in the area and so he could simply score the first goal of the game. We then had two chances in a row, two times created by Ceh. The first time he centred the ball from the left wing. Kallstrom's header splashed onto the post and the ball ran loose. Englebert picked up the loose ball and played it up towards Van der Heyden. He passed the ball to Ceh who was on the left wing without a marker. He had all the time to look before he crossed the ball onto Mendoza's. His header disappeared in the right topcorner and so it was 2-0 just before the half-time.

Half-time score: 2 - 0

In the second half La Louvière started with a bit more attacking 4-5-1 as it was there last chance to do something. In the 58th minute Simons played a long ball to Clement who's volley flew in the back of the net, but the goal was ruled out because he was off-side. The last chance of the game came 20 minutes later trough a corner kick. Ceh played the ball to the near post where Saeternes headed the ball past the keeper and scored the 3-0.

Final score: Brugge 3 - La Louvière 0

Scorers: Mendoza (2), Saeternes

Assists: Ceh (2), De Cock

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Substitutions: 64th minute: Clement -> Martens

</pre>

Manager notes: Another good game by Mendoza and Ceh and Simons also played a great game.

By this win we won the Super Cup for the second year in a row now. It is also my first trophy I won. Hopefully the fans would be happy with this.

Journalist: Congratulations Björn on winning the Super Cup. It must feel great to win this trophy?

Björn: Yes it surely does, especcialy because I'm a new manager. Hopefully I proved the criticasters wrong by winning this game today.

Journalist: What did you thought about the game?

Björn: Well I knew it would be tough to score the first goal because of their defensive mentality, but when the first goal was scored I knew we would score more. The boys really played well and I hope they will continue this in their next game against GAK.

Journalist: Ok, Björn thanks for your comment. We will now take a little interview with Phillip Clement. Yeah, you can come over here Clement. Thank you. What were your thoughts about the game?

Clement: Well I'm veryy happy we won this game, but we had to fight for it. If you look at the first half you can see that it was difficult to create some chances but when Andres scored his first goal of the game, they started to attack a bit more and so there was more space to create some chances.

Journalist: You were replaced by Martens in the 64th minute. How do you feel about that?

Clement: I asked the manager if he could substitute me, as I picked up a little knock just before my substitution. At first he wanted me to try and see if it would be possible to finish the game, but the pain got worse with the minute and so I was replaced.

Journalist: Ok, thanks for your comment Phillip and hopefully you aren't injured. See you later and again thanks.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Clement's knock wasn't a bad thing all he needed was some rest.

3rd August:

In Italy Milan have won the Super Cup as they trashed Juventus with 4-1. After 37 minutes of football Milan was leading with 0-4 thanks to goals by Cafu, Seedorf, Nesta and Kaka. Nedved's goal in the 82nd minute came to late.

And in England Chelsea have confirmed that they have signed Nicolas Anelka from Man City. Anelka's former club received €19.25M for their French striker.

4th August:

When I turned on my tv I saw that Skybet was showing the title odds for the upcoming season in Belgium. Anderlecht are the favourites placed at 6-4 followed by Brugge at 5-2 and the third team rated at 3-1 is Racing Genk.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Peacemaker7:

Decent score then, should go through. Lets just hope you dont meet Rangers in the 3rd round icon_wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would be happy to meet Rangers there so that would be another round I would be able to progress trough icon_razz.gif

But it is going to be Lokomotiv I will meet. icon_frown.gif

Wednesday 6th August:

Brugge vs. GAK (A) 19.45

Champions Cup Qualifying round 2 leg 2 (agg score 1-4)

Attendance: 12348

Dry 17°C

Team line-up (5-3-2): Butina, Simons, De Cock, Van der Heyden, Stoica, Ceh, Englebert, Kallstrom, Clement ©, Saeternes, Mendoza

We got off to a dream start in the first minute when Ceh send Kallstrom deep, who is now one-on-one with the keeper. He shoots but Siegl saved the shot, but the ball ran loose. Kallstrom picked it up again and now he was left a simple finish. It's his second goal in the champions league. From then on GAK created some chances, the biggest one being for Goosens but his attempt went over the bar. In the 30th minute Ceh puts the corner into the area, where Saeternes heads onto it but his attempt was easily saved by Siegl. In the 41st minute Englebert was injured and replaced by Gvozdenovic.

Half-time score: 0 - 1

The second half starts on a high tempo. In the 48th minute there was a long throw in from GAK. In all of the wir war Krenn was shoved by De Cock in the area and the referee pointed at the penaltystip. Krenn converted the penalty himself and so the scores were level again. In the 59th minute Hörtnagl was sent off for elbowing Simons. From then on GAK started defending and we couldn't creat any more chances.

MoM: Kallstrom (8)

Final score: GAK 1 (2) - Brugge 1 (5)

Scorers: Kallstrom

Assists: none

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Substitution: 41st minute: Englebert (inj) -> Gvozdenovic

65th minute: Saeternes -> Lange

</pre>

Because of this draw and the 4 - 1 win at home we progress to the next round and there we will meet Lokomotiv Moscou from Russia.

Friday 8th August:

I recieved a fax from Mouscron as they were wondering if they could loan Danny Verlinden until the end of the season. I rejected as Verlinden would only leave this club on a transfer.

Today was also the start of the competition as Charleroi lost their first game at home against AA Gent with 0 - 2. The two newly promoted teams met each other on the first day of the competition at Heusden-Zoldar. Cercle Brugge was able to get away with a 1 - 1 draw thanks to a goal from Jbari.

Saturday 9th August:

Aruna Dindane has left Belgium today as he signed a contract at Hertha BSC. Both teams agreed that an offer of €3.6M would be enough. Aruna is very happy that he could move to his new team and he wants to impress his new manager.

Brugge vs. La Louvière (H) 20.00

First division game 1

Attendance: 18945

Dry 19°C

La Louvière started the game with the same tactic like in the Super Cup, so with a defensife 4-5-1. But this time it didn't take us so long to create our fisrt real chance as in the 17th minute Van der Heyden played the ball to Mendoza. He headed the ball on to Kallstrom, who was faster then Stijn Minne, he struck the ball with fury into the back of the net. It was a lovely team move with a lovely finish. Five minutes later Ceh passed to Mendoza who putted the ball past Proto but the goal was ruled out because of offside. The game tempo dropped a little from then on but a couple of minutes before the end of the first half Ceh passed to Mendoza. This time he was just not offside and his ball flyed towards the topcorner. Proto couldn't get his hands to it and so it dissapeared in the back of the net. Four minutes later, that would be two minutes into injury time, Proto's goalkick was headed away by De Cock. Clement was able to pick the ball up and then he played a lovely pass towards Mendoza. He got the ball into the box, but wasn't selfish and passed it to the unmarked Saeternes who scored the third goal of the game.

Half-time score: 3 - 0

In the second half there wasn't much excitement as we pulled a little bit back and La Louvière didn't seem able to creat a good chance, albeit in the 53th minute Vervalle was one-on-one with the keeper, but Butina saved his attempt rather easily. The last thing that I should say about this game is the standing ovation Bengt Saeternes got when I substituted him in the 91st minute for Lange.

MoM: Saeternes (8)

Final score: Brugge 3 - La Louvière 0

Scorers: Kallstrom, Mendoza, Saeternes

Assists: Mendoza (2), Ceh

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Substitution: 78th minute: Englebert -> Martens

Stoica -> Rozehnal

91st minute: Saeternes -> Lange

</pre>

Manager notes: A great game by the whole team, expect for Englebert who was a bit invisible today.

Other games were also played today as Anderlecht proved to be ready for the season as they trashed Racing Genk with 5 - 2. Mornar completed his hat-trick. Antwerp - Mons ended one all. Lierse gave football lessons to Lokeren in a 4 - 0 game. and the last game today was Westerlo at home against Beveren: 5-0.

Sunday 10th August:

Man Utd (Ruud van Nistelrooy pen4, Christiano 26) beat Arsenal (Aliadière) in the English Community Shield 2-1.

Today we had the last two games of the first playday in our season. These were the results:

Sint-Truiden 3 - Germinal Beerschot 1

Mouscron 1 - Standard 1

</pre>

Wednesday 13th August:

Today was a very important day as we would invite Lokomotiv Moscou to our stadium.

Brugge vs. Lokomotiv Moscou (H) 19.45

Champions Cup Qualifying round 3 leg 1

Attendance: 29945

Dry 22°C

In the first 30 minutes Lokomotiv dominated the game but Butina was keeping an exceptional day today. And it was necessary as they created 4 chances in the first hal hour. From then on my team waked up and in the 38th minute Kallstrom passed to Saeternes who passed it back to Kallstrom. His shot was pushed away by Nigmatullin. Seven minutes later we had a freekick at th halfway line. De Cock played the ball to Ceh, who was almost at the byline. His cross was aimed for the far post where Englebert just had to put his head against the ball to score his first goal of the season. And it was a very important one.

Half-time score: 1 - 0

In the second half Ceh passed to Saeternes who turned well away from his marker, but his shot went over the bar. There wasn't anymore to see in the second half as Lokomotiv didn't want to concede more then one goal and they putted a 2 row wall before their area. In the 80th minute Butina picked up a little knock and I replaced him with Verlinden.

MoM: Butina (8)

Final score: Brugge 1 - Lokomotiv Moscou 0

Scorers: Englebert

Assists: Ceh

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Substitution: 72nd minute: Stoica came off for Verheyen

Lange came on for Mendoza

80th minute: Butina (knock) came off for Verlinden.

</pre>

Friday 15th August:

Ajax completed the deal to bring Santos' Robinho to their club. The transfer was worth €8.75M

Also today I checked my newspaper and saw this interview.

Nieuwsblad

Mendoza sick of life in Belgium

Rumours are spreading that Club Brugge's Andres Mendoza is sick of his life at Belgium. He says that he hates the way people live in Belgium and he also hates the weather here. He has instructed his agent to look for another club to join, where life and weather, are better then Belgium. Some say that he already signed a contract at Fulham, but these rumours were waved away by both player and club. How long will it last before a subtop club comes knocking on the door for the player? Only Brugge know this....

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I knew that Mendoza wanted to move away from Belgium, so that isn't any new news. Hopefully he will stay at least until newyear.

Saturday 16th August:

Today were the first game of the second playday in our competition. Charleroi picked up their first win away from home against Beveren. La Louvière restored pretty fast from their loss against Club Brugge last week as today they won their home game against Heusden Zolder. Mouscron won their game in and against Mons with 2-3. The last game today was between Standard and Westerlo.The game ended on 0-2.

Sunday 17th August:

Cercle Brugge proved that they deserved their spot in the first division as they defeated Antwerp 4 - 1 at home. Sint-Truiden won their away game at Lokeren easily with 1-4. And Germinal Beerschot did me a big favour by winning 4 - 2 at home against Anderlecht.

At the evening it was time for us to play our second game.

Brugge vs Genk (A) 20.00

First division game 2

Attendance: 22507

Breezy, wet 22°C

Team line-up (5-3-2): Butina, Simons, De Cock, Van der Heyden, Verheyen, Ceh, Englebert, Kallstrom, Clement ©, Saeternes, Mendoza

The first half was nothing to be proud of as Genk dominated us the whole 45minutes. They had some good chances trough Thijs, Roussel and Vandenbergh but either the post, Butina or their own faults prevented them from scoring. We couldn't create a single chance.

Half-time score: 0 - 0

The second half started better when in the 48th minute Verheyen passed to Simons who played a great 30 yard pass towards Saeternes. He rounded the keeper before he slotted the ball into the back of the net, and so we toke the lead but it wasn't deserved. From then on we were dominated again but Butina was great for the second game in a row and he made sure we toke the three points with us.

MoM: Butina (9)

Final score: Genk 0 - Brugge 1

Scorers: Saeternes

Assists: Simons

This game proved that ball possesion doesn't decides which team wins the three points. You've to finish your chances and that's what we did today.

Monday 18th August:

I wasn't delighted with the way we played the last two games so I decided to try the 4-4-2 tactic. This was going to be my line up:

Mendoza Saeternes

Ceh Englebert Kallstrom Verheyen

Van der Heyden Clement De Cock Simons

Butina

</pre>

Ceh would run to the AML position, Verheyen to AMR and Kallstrom to AMC. Hopefully we would player better with this tactic. We will see in our next game.

Also today I saw in the newspaper that Dortmund strengthen their team with Alex from Cruzeiro. Dortmund payed €17.75M for the Brazilian midfielder.

Thursday 21st August:

Today the fans, the board and me also were schocked when my psyhio, Geert, told me that Bengt Saeternes would be out for more then four months with a pulled hamstring. Rune Lange will replace him in the team.

Friday 22nd August:

Brugge vs. Germinal Beerschot (H) 20.00

First division game 3

Attendance: 16250

Dry 10°C

Already in the first minute my tactci proved to be a good one, when Van der Heyden send Mendoza deep. He saw that Verbist was out of his goal, because of a communication problem between him and his defense, and he shoved the trough his legs into the back of the net. Eight minutes later GBA fought back through Victor but his shot went just over the bar. In the 14th minute Van der Heyden passed to Ceh who played a first time pass towards Englebert. Englebert saw that Mendoza got away from his marker and played a high ball to him. Mendoza's volley nailed Verbist to the ground and so we were up two. Another five minutes later Mendoza completed his hat-trick. It was Van der Heyden who gave the last pass to him. Verbist got a hand to it, but he couldn't prevent the ball crossing the line and so it was 3-0 after 19 minutes of football. From then on we pulled a bit back and let GBA control the game.

Half-time score: 3 - 0

The first chance in the second half came in the 69th minute. Verheyen layed the ball back to De Cock who's first time shot went over the goal. GBA had some little chances from then on but nothing to worry Butina and so we won the game with convincing 3-0 numbers.

Final score: Brugge 3 - Germinal Beerschot 0

Scorers: Mendoza (3)

Assists: Van der Heyden (2), Englebert

Substitution: 68th minute: Mendoza could rest for the game against Lokomotiv, in his place came Martens.

</pre>

Saturday 23rd August:

Anderlecht won their game against Lokeren, who now lost their third game in a row, with 2-0. Antwerp - Heusden Zolder ended in a 3-0 win for the home team. La Louvière returned home with a point from Genk, as the game ended 1-1. Lierse putted Beveren in a crisis as their third loss in a row. This time Beveren lost with 4-1. Mouscron won their home game easily with 3-1 against Cercle Brugge.The last game today was Westerlo's third win in a row against Mons, 2-0.

Sunday 24th August:

The last two games for this playday ended like this:

Sint-Truiden 3 - AA Gent 0

Charleroi 3 - Standard 2 </pre>

Today I was informed by the Belgian FA that the transfer deadline would be in one week. And also today Inter bought Steed Malbranque for €7.75M

Wednesday 27th August:

Brugge vs. Lokomotiv Moscou (A) 19.45

Champions Cup Qualifying round 3 leg 2 (agg score 1-0 for Brugge)

Attendance: 20991

Wet, 3°C

Team line-up (4-4-2): Butina, Simons, Van der Heyden, De Cock, Clement©, Verheyen, Ceh, Kallstrom, Englebert, Lange, Mendoza

We started with the same tactic as against GBA. and they started with an attacking 4-4-2 system as they needed to score more then one goal to progress to the group phases. In the 8th minute we had our first little chance but Kallstrom's freekick went just wide of the target. They started to create some chances but nothing to worry Butina. In the 33rd minute of the game we had our first big chance. Mendoza's header was saved by Nigmatullin. Just before the end of the first half Lokomotiv had their first real chance to score. Sirkhaev struck the ball with fury, but Butina tipped the ball over the bar.

In the second half the first chance was for my team when Lange crossed the ball from the right wing but Mendoza controlled the ball wrong and blazed the ball over the goal. Eight minutes later Lokomotiv created a fine chance including Izmailov and Miromov. The last one finished the move with a fine header into the topcorner. And so they toke the lead. But they needed another goal and so they started to attack more. It created more space for us be we couldn't score a goal. So we went to extra time. In that first half Mendoza was send clear by Kallstrom and the Perugian striker finished it off with a placed ball into the right corner. Two minutes later Izmailov crossed the ball from the left wing to Obradovic, who headed the ball into the back of the net. The first half of the extra time ended like that and so we were trough on the Silver goal rule.

MoM: Sergey Miromov (9)

Final score: Lokomotiv Moscou 2 (2) - Brugge 1 (2) (after extra time)

Scorers: Mendoza

Assists: Kallstrom

Substitution: 92nd minute: Van der Heyden was replaced by Birger Van de Ven

Lange picked up a little knock and was replaced by Tim Smolders

</pre>

Manager notes: Mendoza scored his 50th goal for Brugge and it was a very important one, because of that goal we were qualified on away goals. Lange was out for 5 days with a neck injury.

These were the other teams who qualified for the Champions Cup, the losers were send to the Uefa Cup:

Ch. Cup U. Cup

Dinamo Kiev despite AEK

Ajax despite Slavia Prague

Anderlecht despite Dinamo

CSKA Sofia despite Austra Vienna

Celtic despite Deportivo

Dortmund despite CSKA Moscow

FC Copenhagen despite Celta

KR despite Galatasaray

Grasshopper despite Zilina

Lazio despite Rapid

Marseille despite MTK

Newcastle despite BATE

Partizan despite Benfica

Chelsea despite Rangers

Sparta Prague despite Rosenborg

</pre>

Because of the qualification goal and his performances in other games Mendoza became a real favourite and hoped they could see him playing for a long time at Brugge. I hoped it to.

Then I recieved the group phases. Here they are:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> Team Country

Group A: Anderlecht BEL

Arsenal ENG

Celtic SCO

Lyon FRA

Group B: Ajax HOL

Inter ITA

Partizan SEB

VFB Stuttgart GER

Group C: Dortmund GER

Grasshopper SWI

Juventus ITA

Olympiakos GRE

Group D: Besiktas TUR

Chelsea ENG

KR ICE

Real Sociedad SPA

Group E: CSKA Sofia BUL

Bayern GER

Newcastle ENG

PAO GRE

Group F: Dinamo Kiev UKR

FC Copenhagen DEN

Man Utd ENG

Porto POR

Group G: CLUB BRUGGE BEL

Marseille FRA

Milan ITA

PSV HOL

Group H: Lazio ITA

Monaco FRA

Real Madrid SPA

Sparta Prague CZE

</pre>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fc Denderleeuw:

Nice work.

Anderlecht still the best though icon_wink.gif

KUTGW<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thx for the fine words.

Anderlecht the best??? I don't think so icon_biggrin.gif

Thursday 28th August:

Diego Forlan moved today from Man Utd to Valladolid worth €6M. The striker was unhappy at Manchester and was happy that he could move to a team were he could play first team football.

Friday 29th August:

The European Super Cup was played today between Ac Milan and FC Porto. It were the players of Milan who could party after the game as they won it with 2-0, thanks to Kaladze and Kaka.

Also today there were two fixture's in our first division. Heusden drew at home against Mouscron. The game ended one all. the second fixture was between Standard and Lierse. It were the rouges, the home team, who won with 3 goals against 1.

Saturday 30th August:

There were a couple of fixture's today. Sint-Truiden won their fourth game in a row against Beveren with 1-3. Genk took the three points with them when they left Germinal Beerschot. Genk scored two times and GBA could only score once. La Louvière - Antwerp ended in 1-1. The last game today ended in a boring 0-0 score. Neither Mons or Charleroi found the way to the goal.

Sunday 31st August:

Before we had to play there was another game in our competition. Cercle Brugge stopped Westerlo's winning streak, because of their 3-1 win.

Brugge vs Lokeren (A) 18.00

First division game 4

Attendance: 11235

Dry, 15°C

Team line-up (4-4-2): Butina, Simons, Van der Heyden, De Cock, Clement©, Verheyen, Ceh, Kallstrom, Englebert, Lange, Mendoza

We got off to a dream start in the first minute when Ceh passed to Mendoza. He dribbled past Zéré before he putted the ball past the keeper into the back of the net. Ten minutes later, in the 11th minute, Kallstrom swinged in a corner and it was Mendoza again, who scored his second goal of the game. In the 24th minute Issou tried a long range effort but his atempt went over the bar. Three minutes before the end of the first half we got another chance. Mendoza was giving Zéré a hard time as he dribbled him again on the left wing. Then he crossed the ball into the area where Lange was waiting to head the ball into the back of the net. It was time for a 15 minute break.

Half-time score: 0 - 3

The second half didn't have much to offer only a chance in the beginning and one on the end of the half. The cfirst chance was for us. Ceh's cross was readed well by Verheyen as he volleyed from just outside of the area, but his attempt smashed onto the bar and the ball was headed clear. The last chance of the game was for Lokeren. Baldvinsson was one-on-one with Butina , but he couldn't finish his chance.

MoM: Mendoza (9)

Final score: Lokeren 0 - Brugge 3

Scorers: Mendoza (2), Lange

Assists: Ceh, Kallstrom, Mendoza

There was one fixture left in the evening between AA Gent and Anderlecht. The home team did me a big favour by winning the game with 2-0.

Monday 1st September:

The board was hopeful of a long and succesful era with me at the helm and the fans were pleased with the start I made.

Then there was the goal of the month award:

1) Mitu for Lierse against Beveren.

2) Olufade for Charleroi against Standard

3) Kristinsson for Lokeren against Sint-Truiden. </pre>

The last news I had today was my manager profile which looked like this:

Ability to handle pressure 7 same

Ambition 10 same

Loyalty 8 same

Media handling 17 4 up

Professionalism 10 2 up

Temperament 10 same

Reputation from unproven to ok

</pre>

Could Björn and his men continue their good form in September?

Wednesday 3rd September:

Today was the draw for the sixth round of the Belgian Cup. We were drawn against Bocholt VV, who are currently the 13th in division 3A. I'll let my youngsters play that game as I'm not much intrested in the Belgian Cup.

Wednesday 10 September:

A week passed by without anything spectacular to mention. Today there were some intresting odds about the Champions Cup. Real Madrid were the favourites to win this Cup as the bookies placed them at 3-1. Man Utd were the second in the row at 7-1. The third spot was given to two Italian teams as both Juventus and AC Milan were given a 15-2 chance to win it this year. What about us? We were placed at 25-1 as the bookies think we will struggle against most of our oponents. I will try my best to prove them wrong but it will be very hard, that's for sure.

Today was also the day that Belgium invited Croatia to the Jan Breydelstadion for thier game in the European Qualification round. Wesley Sonck scored the only goal of the game, but it could have been three or even four - nill.

Saturday 13th September:

Brugge vs AA Gent (H) 20.00

First division game 5

Attendance: 23544

Dry, 8°C

They started with their normal tactic and that is 4-3-3. Hopefully we are able to stop their three strikers. The first chance came in the 29th minute when Kallstrom tried a long range effort, but his attempt flew over the goal. It was a first warning from our side. Or at least that was what I was hoping. But the first half didn't have much to offer and so it ended lik it started.

In the dressingroom I told my players to play with a more attacking style but that my four defenders needed to stay back in case they would counter. In the 55th minute De Cock played the ball up to Kallstrom. The swedish youngster played a one time pass into the feets of Mendoza, who entered the area and scored with a bit of luck. Ten minutes later Gent were looking for the equaliser when ZéZéto crossed the ball for Dimbala but his shot was weak and right into the arms of Butina. It was the last chance of the game as both Gent and we couldn't create a thing what you can call a chance.

MoM: Mendoza (8)

Final score: Brugge 1 - AA Gent 0

Scorer: Mendoza

Assist: Kallstrom

Substitution: 70th minute: Lange was replaced by Smolders

Van der Heyden came of for Gvozdenovic

Stoica replaced Englebert </pre>

Manager notes: I wasn't happy with the way we played today as we didn't create much chances and this just before our first Champions Cup game against Milan.

There were also some other fixture's today. Anderlecht won with 2-0 against Beveren. Charleroi - Cercle Brugge was a boring game which ended 0-0. La Louvière were overclassed away at Germinal Beerschot as they lost with 4-0. Lierse and Mons won a point each as the game ended 1-1. Mouscron simply putted Antwerp away with 3-0. The last game today was another 1-1 draw. This time it was between Westerlo and Heusden Zolder.

Sunday 14th September:

The last two games of the fifth competition day were finished today. Genk won their home game against Lokeren with 2-0 and Sint-Truiden finnaly lost some points as they drawed at home against Standard. Because of this result we were the only team who have won their first 5 games. We are followed by Sint-Truiden, who are 2 points behind us.

Wednesday 17th September:

Live reportage from San Siro with Frank Raes and before the match, between half-time and after the match you will hear Stefaan Lambrechts from the studio in Vilvoorde. (This will happen every time we play in the champions league.)

Brugge vs. Ac Milan (A) 19.45

Champions Cup group G game 1

Dry, 17°C

Stefaan Lambrechts: Hello people and welcome to our studio here in Vilvoorde. Tonight we will bring you AC Milan vs. Brugge live from San Siro. Between the two halfs we will give you the score from the other game in the group between Marseille and PSV. Now we will go to Stef Wijnants who intervied assistent-coach Rene Verheyen a few minutes ago.

Stef Wijnants: Hello Rene, what do you expect of this game?

Rene Verheyen: Well first of all I would like to thank the 217 supporters who came with us today to watch this game. What do we expect of this game? We'll try to prevent from being slaughtered by Ac Milan and otherwise it will be a good lesson, this game. As long as we aren't humiliated, we would be very happy.

Stef Wijnants: Ok. Any changes to the squad who won against AA Gent Saturday?

Rene Verheyen: No, there aren't any changes made. Now if you'll excuse me I will go to the players a last time before they come on the pitch.

Stef Wijnants: Yeah, go on and thanks for the information. I give the word back to you Stefaan.

Stefaan Lambrechts: Ok thanks, Stef. The players came on the pitch a few moments ago, so we will see each other back in 45 minutes. Our commentator in San Siro is Frank Raes.

"Hello and welcome to the viewers at home and the 54223 football fans in the stadion. As you heard from Rene, there are 217 Club supporters here today for this big game against the defending champions AC Milan. Brugge started with their normal 4-4-2 today. Butina will defend the nets for Brugge in this game and Simons, Van der Heyden, De Cock and Clement will help him with this heavy task. In midfield we have from right to left, Verheyen, Kallstrom, Englebert and Ceh. In front of them are Rune Lange and Andres Mendoza, who made it possible that Brugge is standig here today. Milan started also with a 4-4-2 tactic. Between the sticks we have Dida, in front of him Simic, Nesta, Kaladze and Maldini as left back. The midfielders for Milan are Cafu on the right wing and Seedorf on the left wing. Between them we have Rui Costa and Gattuso. The two strikers who will try to give Butina a hard time are Shevchenko and the Brazilian wonderkid Kaka. The game will start any moment from now on."

"The referee, Frisk, got the game underway. And like Verheyen told us before the game, it will be a good lesson for Brugge here today. It's there first time they play champions league football under their new manager Björn Noppe, who made a good start at his club, and it's already against the defending champions."

"We are now in the 10th minute and none of the two teams created a nice chance. Brugge isn't being dominated as by some moments they bring some nice football. Kaladze has the ball on his own half. He plays a long ball towards Clarence Seedorf. He dribbles past Englebert before he fires a shot at target from 25 yars out. Butina saved and clutched the ball gratefully to his chest....

It's the 18th minute and Englebert plays a long ball for Gert Verheyen. Kaladze is faster to the ball then Gert and he plays the ball back to his keeper. But it's much to hard and Dida can't stop the ball. Verheyen!! Gert has the ball infront of an empty goal and he's going to score. Yes it's in Brugge take the lead!! Kaladze and dida were having a communication problem and Brugge toke profit of this. Who would have thought this? Ac Milan 0 - Brugge 1."

" There are only two minutes left before the end of the first half. Come on Brugge don't pull back. Milan are putting prssure on their hosts. Milan had some little chances after that goal from Gert but nothing to worry Butina. Seedorf passed to Kaka. Wonderfull first time volley pass to Shevchenko, who is unmarked in the area. And yes there it is the equaliser from AC Milan. The man who scored was Andriy Shevchenko. And so we are going to rest with a 1-1 half-time score.

It's time for commercial....

Stefaan Lambrechts: Well it sure was a nice first half there at San Siro and Brugge shouldn't worry about the game as they weren't dominated or humiliated so that's good news. Meanwhile there was also another game in this group tonight between Marseille and PSV the half-time score there is 1-0. Marseille are leading thanks to a goal from their young striker, Dmitry Sytchev. So PSV will have to fight back is they won't to take a point or more back to Holland. Now It's time for the second half of AC Milan - Club Brugge, the score at half-time there was 1-1. You hear Frank Raes speaking again.

"Welcome back to everyone as the players came back on the pitch, no substitute's made in the rest so we start with the same 22 players."

"We are 55 minutes far at the moment and the second half started slowly. Milan were the better team in the first 10 minutes and now they have the ball again. Rui Costa has the ball on the midfield, he dribbls past Englebert. Oh he aims for the topcorner but the ball went just wide of the goal. Brugge are warned by this, Milan are going for the three points....

It's the 63th minute now and Club Brugge are making a substitution. Ceh is walking of the pitch and in his place comes Ivan Gvozdenovic. Three minutes later Gvozdenovic made his first meeting with the ball tonight as he chipped the ball into the area... Martens heads the ball on for Verheyen!!!OOOOOOH his volley went just over the bar. Brugge aren't afraid to play football today. It was a nice team move, to bad Verheyen couldn't score his second goal of the evening."

"74th minute and AC Milan have the ball. Cafu passes to Gatusso. He play's the ball to Seedorf. Shevchenko asks the ball but Seedorf went for the long range shot. Butina saved it easily. Seedorf should have passed to Shevchenko. Brugge should be happy that the Dutch international was selfish.

Now we are in the last five minutes of the game. Milan are trying their best to score the winning goal but everyone from Club Brugge has pulled back. Seedorf passes to Kaka. Nice tackle from Simons to put the ball out of play. The clock keeps on ticking. Frisk has watched for the second time in a row at his wotch, and there it is the final whistle. Butina was the Man of the match today, that's for sure and Brugge surprised everyone by keeping AC Milan at a draw. The Italian papers will know on what they will waste their papers tomorrow."

"I give the word back to you Stefaan, thank you for watching this game and I will see you again within 2 weeks when the next game is played."

Stefaan Lambrechts: What a schock result from Club Brugge. Well I'm sure that the fans will love Björn Noppe now as the team played their best football from the moment he was appointed. In France the other game also ended a few minutes ago and the score didn't change anymore so it stayed 1-0 for Marseille. Well I'm off now. Good night and see you next time.

We deserved a win but against a team who plays very defensive it's always hard. Ancelotti, manager AC Milan

I think we played a nice game and didn't defend whole the time, so hurrah for my players as they did a nice job. Björn Noppe, manager Club Brugge.

Friday 19th September:

There were two fixture's today in the first division. AA Gent won with 3-0 against Racing Genk and the second game ended in a win for the home team as Heusden Zolder defeated Charleroi with 2-0.

Saturday 20th September:

Antwerp were humiliated at home as they lost 1-5 against Westerlo.La Louvière and Mouscron gained a point each as the game ended on 2-2. Lokeren defeated Germinal Beerschot with 2-1. The last fixture today was between Mons and Sint-Truiden. The home team, Mons, lost with 0-2.

Sunday 21th September:

Just before I had to play my 6th game of the season, Cercle Brugge trashed Lierse with 4-1.

Brugge vs. Beveren (A) 18.00

First division game 6

Attendance: 6834

Wet, 10°C

After the game against AC Milan, I knew this was going to be a hard game, as the players are tired of their hard work. But they will prove todya that they can compete with the biggest teams in Europe. In the 10th minute the first chance of the game was created by us. Kallstrom's long range curling shot went inches wide. Twenty minutes later Mendoza stole the ball from Arsène, before he crossed it to Lange. He was unmarked in the area and he volleyed the ball against the back of the nets. We weren't really dangerous in the first half but neither was Beveren.

Half-time score: 0-1

The second half was just underway when Clement played a long ball to Mendoza. He was pushed in the area going past Desmet and the referee awarded a penalty. Simons was the man who would take it, but his attempt went over the bar. In the 73rd minute Ceh played a nice pass to Mendoza but the Peruvian failed to score. And so the game ended in a 0-1 win for us.

Final score: Beveren 0 - Brugge 1

Scorers: Lange

Assist: Mendoza

This evening was the last game of the 6th playday. Standard lost at home with 0-2 from Anderlecht.

Sportflash:

With Stefaan Lambrechts, Aimé Antheunis and special guest Kim Kallstrom.

Stefaan: A good afternoon to the viewers at home and welcome in the sudio Aimé. How are you?

Aimé: I'm fine thanks.

Stefaan: So the competition is six games far. What surprised you the most?

Aimé: Well I'm surely surprised about the way Björn is doing at the moment, as it's only his first season as a manager and he's done things some expierenced managers wouldn't do.

Stefaan: Yeah he made a great start to the season. They didn't lost a game so far in the competition. And in the champions league... Well that's wonderful.

Aimé: Yes indeed. Getting a point IN San Siro, that's just amazing. And they brought some fine football at moments. I'm also surprised about Sint-Truiden. They are currently in second place and that's also very impressing. Anderlecht aren't doing bad, but they lost already two times so that's six points they lost on Brugge. It will be a nice competition if Brugge don't win all of their games.

Stefaan: Thanks for your views. Now we will invite Kim Kallstrom in the studio.

Kallstrom walks in and takes a seat.

Stefaan: Welcome Kim. How are you?

Kim: I'm fine, thanks for asking.

Stefaan: Kim, how do you feel in Belgium?

Kim: I feel great in Belgium, apart from the weather, but I don't regret my move from Sweden. I miss my family at some times but I caal them every day so it feels great. Brugge is a great team and Björn is delivering some great work at the moment, so I hope it last.

Stefaan: Oh, that's positive for you and your team. What did you think about your game against Milan?

Kim: It sure was great to play in San Siro. I dreamed of it when I was a little boy, but I never thought it would come through. If I had stayed with Djugarden I could have waited for a long time before we would play champions cup football.

Stefaan: Yeah, maybe your right. Anything else you want to say to anyone?

Kim: No not that I can think of now. I would like to thank you for inviting me here today.

Stefaan: No problem. So it's goodbye for now to you Aimé and Kim, and to the viewers at home I would like to say. See you next week for a new show of Sportflash.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Friday 26th September:

Brugge vs. Standard (H) 20.30

First division game 7

Attendance: 26732

Dry, 9°C

If you talk about a boring first half, well we surely had one here. There wasn't one chance created by the teams. Not a single chance. Standard played with a 4-5-1 tactic and it's because of that I think we couldn't create a chance.

The second half was the same, boring! Although we did have two chances. In the 86th minute we were awarded a free kick. Ceh struck it from 25 yards out into the topcorner and we were leading. Standard changed their tactic and because of that we had more space to create chances. Just before the end of the game Ceh was into the box. He crossed the ball to Verheyen who headed the ball towards the goal. The ball took a deflection of Cavens and so it found the back of the net.

MoM: Verheyen (8)

Final score: Brugge 2 - Standard 0

Scorers: Ceh, Verheyen

Assist: Ceh

Saturday 27th September:

Anderlecht trashed Mons with 6-0. Genk - Beveren ended 4-0. Heusden were blown away in their away game vs Lierse. the game ended in 5-1. Lokeren - La Louvière scored a goal each. Sint-Truiden won their home game with 2-1 against Cercle Brugge. And the last game today was Westerlo against Mouscron. The final score there was 1-1.

Sunday 28th September:

Charleroi inspired by Olufade humiliated Antwerp with 6-0. And the last game of playday 7 was between Germinal Beerschot and AA Gent. Both teams scored one goal.

Tuesday 30th September:

Brugge vs Marseille (H) 19.45

Champions Cup group G game 2

Strong Wind, 8°C

Stefaan Lambrechts: Hello people. We like to welcome you to our studio here in Vilvoorde, where we will watch the second game of Club Brugge in the champions cup. Frank Raes will give us a live match report from Brugge vs Marseille. Between the two half we will give you the result of PSV - AC Milan. And now we will listen to Frank Raes.

"Goodevening to the people at home, who are watching this game, and also a goodevening to the 26991 football fans in the stadium. Tonight we will bring you Club Brugge vs. Marseille live from the Jan Breyedelstadion. Marseille won their first game in the Champions Cup and Brugge got a point in San Siro, so tonight the two "winners" are playing against each other. We will now have a look at the team line-ups and we will start with Club Brugge. Butina between the sticks with in front of him, from right to left, Simons, De Cock, Clement and Van der Heyden. In midfield we have Verheyen, Kallstrom, Englebert and Ceh. And the two men who will try to score tonight are Lange and Mendoza. Marseille started with Runje in the goal, infront of him we have Meité, Van Buyten, Christanval and Cantareil. In midfield they have Cheyrou, Celestini, N'Diaye and Meriem and the two strikers tonight are Drogba and Sytchev."

" And the game is underway referee tonight is Pierluigi Colina. Hopefully he isn't mad at us because we drawed in San Siro.... It's the fifth minute and Brugge are dominating the game so far, now Ceh has the ball and some space. He plays a lovely long ball to Lange. he got away from his marker and is one-on-one with the keeper. Now he can choose. Pass to the left for Mendoza or try to score himself. Lange with the shot!!! Yes it's in Runje is beaten. Brugge got of to a dream start. Nice goal by Club Brugge."

" We are 26 minutes far in the first half. Marseille have a corner. Meriem curled the ball into the box. Drogba jumped higher then Clement and headed the ball towards the goal. But Butina made a nice save....

Last minute of the first half. Kallstrom has the ball, a nice pass to Lange. Rune is clean through behind the defence. He struck the ball with fury. Oh it's well over and so we are going to rest at a 1-0 lead for Brugge."

Stefaan Lambrechts: Brugge played a nice first half and dominated Marseille most of the time. Hopefully it will last and maybe we will score again. Also tonight PSV welcomed AC Milan to their stadium. The half-time score there is 0-1 for Milan thanks to a goal from Cafu. Now we will go back to the Jan Breyedelstadion for a little interview with Björn Noppe.

Stef Wijnants: Good evening Björn. First of all congratulations with the fine work you have done already here in Belgium.

Björn Noppe: No problem. I'll try my best to keep it up.

Stef Wijnants: So are you going to make any changes to the team in the second half?

Björn Noppe: Not at the start but maybe into the second half yes. The players will be a bit tired I think. We will see.

Stef Wijnants: Ok, thanks for the information. I give the word back to you Stefaan.

Stefaan Lambrechts: Thank you Stef for this information and now we return to Brugge for the next 45 minutes of football.

"Welcome back everyone and I heard that Milan are leading against PSV and it's understandable as they can't afford to lose this game. There's one substitution made by Marseille as Drogba stayed in the dressingrooms and in his place came Steve Marlet. "

" Brugge are still dominating the game and are again in ball possesion. Kallstrom, who is playing a nice game so far, has the ball in midfield. he passes to the right wing where Verheyen is. He plays a lovely ball to Rune Lange. Will he score his second of the night!! He shoots... it's in Lange scores his second goal of the night. Brugge are leading 2-0. What a fantastic evening for the Brugge fans."

"Two minutes after the goal from Brugge, they make a substitution. Ceh, who is tired, is replaced by Alin Stoica. "

"It's the 70th minute now and Kallstrom passes to Mendoza. He made a speculative effort.. OOH that's inches wide of the target. Nice move by Brugge. Marseille are heavily dominated in the second half. N'Daiye and Christanval are coming of the pitch. In their places come Joseph and Corvasce respectively."

"81th minute and Sytchev has the ball in the area. OOOH he falls to the ground and the referee arwards a penalty. The Brugge players are protesting but it stays a penalty. De Cock was the one who pushed him to the ground. Now Marseille have a nice chance to get back into the game. Corvasce is running up to take the penalty, he shoots.... Oh he blazes it well over the bar."

" We are in the last minute of the game. Brugge played very well and in a few moments the referee will make an end to it. Verheyen has the ball on the right wing. He sends Lange deep and again he is unmarked. Lange dribbles past the keeper and yes there it is!! His hat-trick. What an excellent display by Rune Lange. The referee ends the game."

"Brugge played a great game and deserved the three points. Man of the Match was surely Rune Lange today as he scored three times. I give the word back to you Stefaan and I'll see you guys back within a couple of weeks for Brugge vs PSV."

Stefaan Lambrechts: What an excellent game by Brugge and Lange. Because of this win they have 4 points. Now we will look what the final score was in PSV - AC Milan. The game ended on 1-1. PSv can thank Robben as he scored the equaliser in the 90th minute. Because of this result Brugge are currently on top followed by Marseille who have 3 points. The third spot is for Milan with two points and PSV are standing fourth with only one point. I'll like to welcome you back for the next game of Brugge vs PSV in a couple of weeks, so for now goodnight and see you next time.

We played a great game and won thanks to some nice football and superb finishing of Rune Lange. Gert Verheyen, player Club Brugge.

They deserved the win. We played a bad game and our defence wasn't organised enough. Vedran Runje, goalkeeper Marseille.

October. Who will get Brugge onto their knees??

Wednesday 1st October:

The board were pleased with the way I was managing the club and the fans were very pleased with the progress the club had made since my appointment. They are in full support of my management.

Then it was time for the goal of the month:

1) Arijs for Cercle Brugge vs. Lierse.

2) Oliveira for Sint-Truiden vs. Cercle Brugge.

3)Zewlakow for Mouscron vs. Westerlo. </pre>

Then I looked a my manager profile:

Ambition 10 same

Loyalty 8 same

Media handling 17 same

Professionalism 10 same

Temperament 10 same

Reputation ok same </pre>

Friday 3rd October:

Van der Heyden has put pen to paper and so he signed a new 3 year improved contract. There were also two games today. Heusden-Zolder lost at home against Sint-Truiden with 2-5. Both Standard and Genk scored one goal in their game.

Saturday 4th October:

Brugge vs. Mons (A) 20.00

First division game 8

Attendance: 11199

Wet, 18°C

The first chance of the game came in the 14th minute when Van der Heyden passed to Mendoza who aimed at the target but his shot was to weak and easily saved by Willockx. Seven minutes later Verheyen stole the ball on the right wing from Joly. he dribbled his way to the byline before he crossed the ball into the area. His cross was easily headed in by Lange. Five minutes later Ban tried a long range effort, but it was saved by Butina without problems.

In the second half we had to wait until the 63rd minute to see the only chance of the second half. Lange played the ball back to Englebert. Gaetan tried a shot from distance but his attempt stranded into the side netting. It was the only chance from the second half and so we won our 8th game in a row in the competition.

Final score: Mons 0 - Brugge 1

Scorer: Lange

Assist: Verheyen

Substitution: 83rd minute: Mendoza was replaced by Van de Ven. </pre>

Also this evening their were some other fixture's. Here are the results:

AA Gent 1 - Lokeren 0

Antwerp 1 - Lierse 3

Beveren 1 - Germinal Beerschot 4

La Louvière 1 - Westerlo 1

Mouscron 2 - Charleroi 0

Cercle Brugge 0 - Anderlecht 1

</pre>

Wednesday 8th October:

Days passed on without anything special happening and so we had a game to play because of the international football this weekend.

Brugge vs. Cercle Brugge (H) 20.00

First division game 9

Attendance: 19367

Dry, 8°C

This was the derby games the fans all waited for. In the back of their mind, the brugge fans hoped they wouldn't lose against their rivals, as that isn't fun. Losing is never fun, but losing against the neighbours is so uncool. As every derby game you had to wait a while before you saw a chance. In the 25th minute Van der Heyden opened te tension with a shot from distance but it went over. Eight minutes later Van der Heyden passed to Ceh, who aimed for the bottom left corner of the goal but his shot ended against the post. And so the first half ended without a goal, but the Club fans were happy as Cercle hadn't been dangerous for one time so far.

In the second half the first chance was for the home team as Ceh tried a shot but it was saved by Begeyn. The loose ball was picked up by Ceh and he chipped the ball into the area where Verheyen was unmarked and headed the ball against the back of the net. The Club supporters went crazy and started to sing. Four minutes later Kallstrom passed to Simons. He played a nice cross towards Lange, who shoved the ball under Begeyn. In the 63rd minute Ceh played a long ball towards Mendoza who dribbled past his marker before he crossed the ball into the area. Verheyen headed the ball back to Englebert, who fired in a shot, which was unstopable for the Cercle keeper. Ten minutes later Cercle score from a corner kick. De Meester was the one who scored the first goal agains tus in this competition.

MoM: Verheyen (8)

Final score: Club Brugge 3 - Cercle Brugge 1

Scorers: Verheyen, Lange, Englebert

Assists: Ceh, Simons, Verheyen

After the game I got the results from the opther games this afternoon. AA Gent and La Louvière scored a goal each. Anderlecht won their home game against Heusden-Zolder with 2-1. Charleroi won their game with 1-0 against Westerlo. Genk-Mons ended on 2-0. Germinal Beerschot and Standard deserved a point each. Lierse was trashed at home by Mouscron with 1-4. Lokeren won with 1-0 against Beveren. The last game today came from Sint-Truidenas they kept chasing us thanks to their 3-0 win against Antwerp.

I arrived at home and I was worried as my wife didn't opened the door. I used my key to get into my house and I yelled:

"Daisy!? Are you home?"

I didn't get a reply and now I ran into the kitchen to see if there was a note for me. I didn't saw anything. I ran upstairs, with my heart beating like hell. This wans't normal anymore. I opened au the door of our bedroom and went crazy. Her clothes were lying there and I saw a mark of blood on the floor. I felt to the ground and couldn't move for about five minute. Then I stood up and called at the police office.

"Hello, I want you guy's to come over here. Something terrible happened, my wife isn't at home and I found some blood onto the floor. Could you coem as soon as possible please" I said while I was crying.

"Sir, please relax and give us your adres please." A young female voice replied at the other side of th line.

I gave her my adres and 10 minutes later both the police and the ambulance arrived at my house. They did some researches and then some cops left my house to ask the neighbours if they haven't seen anything special. One thing I was sure, the one or ones who did this will pay for what they did. After everyone left the house I started to think who would do such a thing....

Saturday 11th October:

Belgium overcame Estonia at home thanks to an excellent performance from Emile Mpenza. It was him who scored the two goals for Belgium's 2-1 win.

Friday 17th October:

Brugge vs Heusden-Zolder (A) 20.00

First division game 10

Attendance: 6673

Dry, 17°C

In the 7th minute the home team created the first chance of the game. Euvrard passed to Bernsjak, who tried a long range effort and scored it to. It was a great goal by Heusden-Zolder. In the 20th minute Vanbeuren was sent off because he used his elbow to stop Mendoza of dribbling past him. Seventeen minutes later Simons passed to Verheyen. He played a first time pass to Lange, who controlled it well before he fired it in low and hard. So we were level again when the first half ended.

Half-time score: 1 - 1

Five minutes in the second half we score our second goal when Verheyen had the ball on the right wing. He crossed the ball into the area where Lange heads the ball towards goal, but his attempt was fisted away by Bailly. The loose ball felt to Englebert and he was left a simple finish. The last chance of the game was in the 75th minute when Ceh played a superb pass to Mendoza. he sidestepped the keeper and tipped the ball into the goal.

MoM: Englebert (9)

Final score: Heusden-Zolder 1 - Brugge 3

Scorers: Lange, Englebert, Mendoza

Assists: Verheyen, Ceh.

Substitution: 68th minute: Lange came of after a great game for Smolders. </pre>

Manager note: It was a nice game by the lads and because of this win we are undefeated in the league after 10 games.

Other results today were Beveren - AA Gent, 0-2. La Louvière won at home against Charleroi with 2-0. Germinal Beerschot won their away game in Mons with 0-2. Sint-Truiden lost their game away in Mouscron with 2-0. Standard won easily with 3-0 against Lokeren and the last game today was between Westerlo and Lierse. The final score there was 2-0.

Sunday 19th October:

Antwerp - Anderlecht ended with a final score of two all and the last game of the 10th playday was Cercle - Genk. The home team took the three points as they won with 2-0.

Also today I saw in the newspapers that Boa Morte wants to move to a bigger club as he said that he wants to win throphy and doesn't think that will happen fast on Loftus Road.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fc Denderleeuw:

Brugge messing with the others in the CL???

Hm.....

Nice work<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Messing is a big word I think, but my opnion is that we should be able to win our home games against Marseille and PSV and in the other games we have to take what we can and hope for qualification spot. icon_smile.gif

I couldn't believe what happened. My wife was missing and maybe I would never see her back again. If I had to wait untill the police did something I could also wait until the cow outside started barking. So I decided to find it out myself. I toke a taperecorder and spoke something on it and checked if it still works. And so it did. So I attached it to the underside of the table. If they come back maybe I will hear something.

The next day I left my house and went to my office. I watched the players train for a bit and then I went to my office. I completed all my work and went back home at 19h. When I arrived in my home I saw that the criminals returned. Everything was broken and damaged. I looked at my taperecorder and saw they didn't found it. I listened if I could hear something

"A sound of the locK being opened"

"The sound of glass breaking"

"That will learn him lauching with the Gers, nobody will ever make fun of my beloved team. Right HD?"

"Yup, completely right PM. Let's break some things more and then leave again.He won't see his wife back now, or he should go diving into that river."HD said while he was lauching.

"Again sound of glass breaking and then the door that was closed again."

Marco: Björn why did you or my mother never told me that my grandmother was killed? You always said she died at some hart disease.

Björn: We did it for your own good. Now let's return to the story.

I knew the two names now from those guy's and the first thing I would do in the morning was going to the police. I started with cleaning up the mess those folls left behind. In the back of my mind I knew that they would regret this, sooner or later....

Sportflash:

With Stefaan Lambrechts, Aimé Antheunis and Nordin Jbari

Stefaan: A good afternoon to you, people at home, and to you, Aimé. How are you today?

Aimé: I'm fine thanks and I'm glad I'm here again today.

Stefaan: So are we. Let's have a look at the competition table so far:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pos Team Pld G.D. Pts

1st Club Brugge 10 +19 30

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

2nd Sint-Truiden 10 +16 25

3rd Anderlecht 10 +13 22

4th Mouscron 10 +13 22

5th Westerlo 10 +12 18

6th Genk 10 +5 17

7th AA Gent 10 +4 15

8th Germinal Beerschot 10 +4 14

9th Lierse 10 +3 14

10th Charleroi 10 +2 14

11th La Louvière 10 -3 12

12th Cercle Brugge 10 -1 11

13th Lokeren 10 -13 10

14th Standard 10 -2 10

15th Heusden-Zolder 10 -13 6

16th Antwerp 10 -18 6

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

17th Mons 10 -16 3

18th Beveren 10 -25 0

</pre>

Stefaan: So Aimé what are your thoughts about these standings?

Aimé: Well first of all Björn is doing some fine work at Brugge and hopefully for him and his team he can keep it up but secondly, what I noticed was that Charleroi are currently on a nice 10th position although a lot of people, including me, would have thought they would be at the bottom of the league. And the last thing I would have to say about these standings is that Beveren haven't won a point so far and it's going to be a very hard season for them.

Stefaan: Thanks for your views Aimé and now I would like to invite Nordin Jbari to our studio. Welcome Nordin. How are you?

Nordin; I'm fine and thanks for inviting me here today.

Stefaan: It's my pleasure. The reason why we invited you here today is because currently you are the leading topgoalscorer this season.

Nordin: Yes that's true but we are with three players who are leading as I'm accompagnied with Andres Mendoza from Club Brugge and Seol from Anderlecht.

Stefaan: So how does it feels to be one of the best scoring players this season?

Nordin: Well to be honest it's great but on the other side I would rather be in a nicer league position with the whole team instead of havind this honour for my own.

Stefaan: Yes, of course but to be in a nice position you need players who can score, so if it' wasn't for you the team would be placed at a lower position.

Nordin: Not exactly, as I need the team to create the chances so you see it's not only me who scores the goals it's also the team who creates the goals.

Stefaan: Ok thanks for your comment Nordin and hopefully you will continue with scoring goals this season. For now I say goodbye but I'd like to welcome you all back next Sunday for a new show of Sportflash. See you then.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tuesday 21st October:

Brugge vs. PSV (H) 19.45

Champions Cup group G game 3

Dry, 8°C

Stefaan Lambrechts: A good evening to the viewers at home. I'm sitting here in my studio at Vilvoorde and in a few moments Brugge are going to play against PSV. Our commentator in the Jan Breydelstadion is as usual Frank Raes. Let's go to him right away now to hear the line-up for both teams and the report on the first half of the game.

"I'd like to welcome all the viewers at home and the 29933 footballfans here today. This is the third game in the Champions Cup for Brugge tonight and they are hoping to win this one. Let's have a look at the line-ups. Butina is starting in goal for Club Brugge as usual. His defenders tonight are Simons, De Cock, Clement and Van der Heyden. In midfield we have Verheyen, Kallstrom, Englebert and Ceh, and the two strikers tonight are Lange and Mendoza. PSV are starting with a 5-3-2 tonight. Waterreus will try to keep his nets clean tonight. In front of him are Lucius, Faber, Colin, Hofland and Bouma. The three midfielders tonight are van Bommel, Park and Vogel and upfront we have Kezman, great player, and Robben. The referee tonight is Herbert Fandel and let's hope he can keep things under control."

"We are in the second minute and Brugge have a corner kick already after Waterreus tipped over Lange's attempt. Ceh sends the corner to the far post. Mendoza jumps higher then Faber and heads the ball towards goal. It's in!! Brugge have taking an early lead. What a great start to the game for Club Brugge."

"We have already seen 20 minutes of football so far and the score is still 1-0 for Brugge. PSV had some little chances after the goal but nothing to mention. Kezman has the ball now and he passes it to Robben. You always have to look out when he has the ball, and oh his shot cannons back of the crossbar. See I just told it and he almost scored, Brugge had some luck there."

"We are now in the last five minutes of the first half and both teams had some minor chances but nobody scored. After the goal Brugge pulled back a little bu now they are bringing some nice football by moments. Englebert has the ball at the halfway line and he play's a long ball towards Mendoza, who is surrounded by two defenders all the time, he controlled it well and he shoots for the topcorner but his ball stranded into the side netting. It was the last chance of the game so I give the word back to you Stefaan. The half-time score here is 1-0 for Brugge."

Stefaan Lambrechts: It was a nice first half by both teams there. Brugge took the lead with an early goal by Mendoza and were lucky that Robben's shot hitted the crossbar instead of the back of the net. The other game tonight in this group was between AC Milan and Marseille. Marseille would be happy with a draw in San Siro but AC Milan are forced to win this home game as they are currently in third position with only 2 points out of two games. The score there at half-time is 1-0 for AC Milan thanks to a goal from their expierenced right wing player, Cafu. Now let's get back to Brugge for the second half of Brugge-PSV.

"Welcome back and I don't think there are any changes made by both teams so we will start the second half with the same 22 players on the pitch.

Four minutes have passed in this second half and van Bommel has the ball. He plays a superb pass to Robben. He made a great controll and then he dribbled past De Cock. Robben is in a dangerous position now and he fires the ball towards the goal, but Butina made a great save and takes the ball in his hands in a second attempt."

"We have already seen 70 minutes of football here tonight in the Jan Breydelstadion and PSV is putting more and more pressure on the defence of Club. Oh that was a nasty foul by Verheyen and should be carefull now. The ref is going to Verheyen and pulls out a yellow card. Bouma strikes the free-kick towards the goal but it went wide and the danger has passed for now."

"Verheyen is coming off the pitch and in his place comes Sandy Martens. Simons throw's the ball back in the game to Kallstrom. He is holding up the ball as he doesn't find a player to play the ball to. Now he sees Lange unmarked and plays a nice ball towards him. Lange tried a volley from just outside the area but his attempt is easily saved by Waterreus. PSV have only ten minutes left to score an equaliser so if they want a point they will have to make haste."

"And there it is Herbert Fandel ends the game and Brugge have won their second home game in a row. They stay on top of their group as there isn't a team who can have more points then them at the moment. I say good evening for now and I'd like to welcome you back in a couple of weeks for the next game of Brugge in the Champions league. Over to you Stefaan."

Stefaan Lambrechts: So Brugge won their game and they should be happy as PSV deserved at least a point. But it's good for Brugge and Belgian football that we win the three points here tonight. In San Siro the game ended a few moments ago and the final score there was AC Milan 2 - Marseille 0. Shevchenko scored a goal just as the second half started to make sure they won the game. Here is the table of group G and I'd like to welcome you guy's back in a couple of weeks for PSV-Brugge.

Nat team Pld. Pts.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

BEL Brugge 3 7

ITA Milan 3 5

FRA Marseille 3 3

HOL PSV 3 1

</pre>

This is football, playing some nice football at moments and having some luck. Tomislav Butina, goalkeeper Brugge.

It isn't impossible to qualify but if we want to we will have to finish our chances. Mateja Kezman, striker PSV.

I went to the police office from the minute it was open. Some older looking guy with a strange nose welcomed me.

Officer: Have a seat, Björn it is I guess.

Björn: Yup, that's right. The reason I'm here is to deliver you this tape.

I explained it to him how everything went and then we listened to the tape again. After we listened to the tape, he was acting strange and cool. Like he knew more about it.

Officer: Ok, we will call you back as soon as we know something, but don't count on it as we don't know where we should start watching.

I left the office without saying anything further. Stupid police officer. I bet he know's more about it. I started thinking about a complot against me, but come on why?? What did I do wrong? Is it because of my manager career? All sort of this stuff was flying trough my head. Maybe it would be the best if I stopped managing Brugge....

I can't do that, what about the fans, the chairman, the players? I can't let them down. On my way home I thought about a lot of things but most importantly, what should I do?

Thursday 23rd October:

During this morning's training session, Peter Van der Heyden left the grounds earlier as he picked up an injury. A strained ankle ligaments will keep him off the pitch for about two weeks.

Saturday 25th October:

Brugge vs. Antwerp (H) 20.00

First division game 11

Attendance: 18515

Dry, 8°C

Team line-up (4-4-2): Butina, Simons, Gvozdenovic, De Cock, Clement©, Verheyen, Ceh, Kallstrom, Englebert, Lange, Mendoza

From the first minute of the game we pushed forward and when Englebert was shoved by Sishuba the referee, Paul Allaerts, awarded us a free-kick. Kallstrom curled it nicely over the wall and the ball stranded into the back of the net. So we got off to a flyer. In the 25th minute Ceh's corner was headed back to his wing by Sishuba. He crossed the ball again into the area and Mendoza fired in a volley as he doubled our lead. Antwerp couldn't do anything to fight back and I was wondering, maybe I should replace Butina by an extra striker. icon_biggrin.gif I decided to leave him in the goal.

Half-time score: 2 - 0

We kicked off in the second half. Mendoza passed the ball to Simons while Lange was running upfront. He got the ball from Simons and turned with it nicely. Then he passed to Mendoza who was faster then his marker and he was left with a simple finish. It was a brilliant team move. Five minutes later Clement had the ball in the back of the defence. He made a run to the halfway line and then he played a nice long ball for Mendoza on the left wing. The Peruvian crossed the ball into the area and Lange's left footed volley went in off the post. Twenty minutes later Simons played a long nice pass towards Lange. He controlled it and dribbled past his marker before he fired a shot at target. But the keeper fisted it away into the path of Mendoza and he tipped in his third game of the evening. Volders, the keeper of Antwerp, was beaten for the fifth time this evening.

Final score: Brugge 5 - Antwerp 0

Scorers: Kallstrom, Mendoza (3), Lange

Assists: Englebert, Ceh, Lange (2), Mendoza

Substitutions: 66th minute: Stoica came on to replace Englebert.

Verheyen was replaced by Martens.</pre>

There were also other games this evening. The first one ended in a win for the away team as AA Gent lost 0-2 at home against Standard. Anderlecht - Mons finished with a 2-0 final score. Beveren gained their first points of the season as they smashed La Louvière with 5-2. Genk won with 2-0 against their visitors Heusden-Zolder. The next game was between Germinal Beerschot and Cercle Brugge. The home team scored two while the visitors didn't score. Lierse lost surprisingly at home against Charleroi with 0-1. Lokeren won their home game easily with a convincing 3-0 win against Mons and the last game was a highscoring game as Sint-Truiden vs. Westerlo ended 4-3.

Friday 31st October:

The first game of the 12th playday was between Heusden-Zolder and Germinal Beerschot. The rather boring game ended 0-0.

Will November bring glory?... Or doom?

Saturday 1st November:

The board of diectors and the chairman were very pleased with the way I handled the club. So were the fans. There was also an award today, the goal of the month:

1) Serbest for Westerlo vs. Lierse.

2) Bernsjak for Heusden-Zolder vs. Club Brugge.

3) Lange for Brugge vs. Antwerp.</pre>

Then I had one thing left before the game of this evening, and that was looking at my manager profile:

Ambition 10 same

Loyalty 8 same

Media handling 18 1 up

Professionalism 11 1 up

Temperament 10 same

Reputation ok same </pre>

Brugge vs Mouscron (A) 20.00

First division game 12

Attendance: 12605

Breezy, 3°C

Team line-up (4-4-2): Butina, Simons, Gvozdenovic, De Cock, Clement©, Verheyen, Ceh, Kallstrom, Englebert, Lange, Mendoza

The game started slowly and so we had to wait until the 25th minute of the game to see the first chance. Ceh fired the free-kick into the topcorner after Lange was pushed. after that goal Mouscron played with a more attacking 4-4-2 which created more danger from them but more space for us. In the 33th minute Ceh swung his corner to the far post but Mendoza's header was easily saved by Vandendriessche. Just before the end of the first half Mouscron had a great chance as Empoke played a trough ball for Mbo Mpenza. His attempt stranded on the crossbar and away was the danger.

Hakf-time score: 0 - 1

In the second half Simons made a big mistake as his header, which was meant for Butina was too weak, and so Mbo Mpenza intercepted it. He was one-on-one with the keeper and played the ball past him into the back of the net to bring the scores back level again. Mouscron seemed happy with this one point as they pulled back and defended. We didn't get any space to create chances and so the game ended level.

MoM: Beloufa (7)

Final score: Mouscron 1 - Brugge 1

Scorer: Ceh

Assist: Lange

Substitution: 80th minute: Englebert picked up a little knock and left the pitch to be replaced by Van de Ven.</pre>

Manager notes: This month started bad as we lost our first points in the competition this season. Hopefully we can get back on the track very soon.

Other games today were:

Charleroi 1 - Sint-Truiden 3

La Louvière 4 - Lierse 1

Mons 1 - AA Gent 0

Westerlo 2 - Anderlecht 2 </pre>

Sunday 2nd November:

There were some games left from the 12th playday as there were three games today. In the first game Cercle Brugge won their home game with one goal difference against Lokeren. The game ended 4-3. Antwerp crashed at home with a 0-5 defeat against Genk. And the last game today was between Standard and Beveren. The home won with a hard fought 2-1.

Wednesday 5th November:

Brugge vs. PSV (A) 19.45

Champions Cup group G game 4

Gale, 3°C

Stefaan Lambrechts: Good evening to you all and it's time for another game in the Champions Cup. Club Brugge will visit the Philips Stadion to play their fourth game in this Champions Cup. Our commentator in Holland is Frank Raes. We switch now from country as we give the word to our commentator.

"Hello everyone and welcome to this nice stadion. It's reported that there are 31444 supporters in the stadion tonight and from those, there are 1892 from Club Brugge. let's have a look at the starting line-up from both teams tonight. Those of Club Brugge will sound very familiar for the real fans but there is one change since the last Champions Cup game. Between the sticks we have Butina and the back four are Simons, De Cock, Clement and Ivan Gvozdenovic, the one who is replacing Van der Heyden. In midfield we have from right to left Verheyen, kallstrom, Englebert and on the left wing Ceh. The two strikers tonight are Rune Lange and Mendoza. For PSV we have Waterreus in goal and in front of him Bogelund, who wasn't playing in Brugge, Colin, Lucius, Hofland and Bouma. the midfielders are van Bommel, Park and Vogel and the two most attacking players for PSV are Kezman and Robben."

"The game got underway as Stefano Farina whistled to start the first half.

PSV started very attacking as we are in the third minute and most of the ball possession is for them. Bogelund has the ball on the right wing and he crossed the ball into the area. Robben heads but what a magnificent save from Butina. Brugge are immediatly warned by PSV."

"Twelve minutes have passed so far and Brugge have their first corner of the game. Ceh drifts it in, Mendoza!!Oh his header is saved by Waterreus. First real chance for Brugge, but the goallie was on the right position and Mendoza's header wasn't perfect."

" We have already seen 25 minutes of football here tonight and PSV are really piling on the pressure tonight. Bogelund has the ball and passes to Park. He has a lot of space their and just walks into the penalty area. He shoots but Butina got his fingertips to the ball to divert it wide. What a mistake in the Brugge defence, luckily for Brugge, Butina is playing a great game so far."

"Ceh has the ball on the left wing, we are 36 minutes far in this game and Brugge can't make a fist. They're playing really weak. Ceh crosses the ball and there's Mendoza again. He controlled it nicely and made him some space. He fires at the goal!! That was an awful shot by the Peruvian as the ball went way over the target...

There it is the whistle to end the first half. Half-time score here is PSV 0 - Brugge 0. Over to you Stefaan."

Stefaan Lambrechts: Thanks Frank. Well if we are honest we should say that the biggest chances are for PSV and they deserve a goal. Brugge aren't used to be under such pressure in the national competion, but this is a big step higher then the league. Hopefully for them they can play a better second half or otherwise they will lose their first game in the Champions Cup tonight. The other game in this group was between Marseille and Milan, in france. the half-time score there is 0-0. So we go back to the Philips Stadion to watch the second half of PSV - Brugge.

"Welcome back, you're right on time as the referee just started the second half. There aren(t any changes made to the teams and so the same 22 players came out of the tunnel. Between the break i asked Björn Noppe about they way they played tonight and he told me that they played with the same tactic but with defensive manners.

Five minutes have passed so far and we see the same thing as in the first half, Brugge who are playing very defensive and PSV who are trying to get their goal. The corner from PSV is cleared by Simons and the loose ball is pciked up by Bouma. He has the time to watch and aim and let's it fly. And yes it's in... OOOh it isn't the ball hit the post and went out of play. I really thought it dissapeared in the back of the net as Butina couldn't reach it but once again Brugge were lucky."

"We are 17 minutes far in the second half so far and PSV are making a substitution, van Bommel is replaced by John de Jong and Park, a midfielder is replaced by a striker, Vennegoor os Hesselink. PSV really want to win this game as they could use the points.

75th minute and the game tempo has dropped. it seems like PSV having given up already. Kezman has the ball and dribbles past Englebert. He continues with his run and then shoots from distance but his effort went wide."

"And the game is finished. the fans are heavily booing as PSV didn't manage to score. Brugge should be more then happy with this point as PSV deserved the win. The papers in Holland will be full of critisism about the way Brugge and PSV played here tonight. With 58% of the votes Butina is the man of the match tonight. Stefaan, I give the word back to you and to all the viewers at home I'd like to say see you next time."

Stefaan Lambrechts: Yeah well Brugge stole a point in PSV if we are honest but manager Björn Noppe won't be mad about that. The other game in this group ended with a 0-1 final score as Shevchenko's 49th minute goal was enough to give Milan the three points. For now I say goodbye but I will see you back next time for the fifth game in the Champions Cup.

It's disgraceful how Brugge played today, we deserved the win and we were stolen two valuable points. Johnny Overhuis, fan PSV

I'm N not proud of the way our team played tonight, but sometimes a good defence is the best attack. Jurgen Vuyllesteker, fan Brugge.

News:

Supporters arrest.

This evening there were heavy fights in Eindhoven after the Champions Cup game between PSV and Club Brugge. Two gangs fought each other outside the stadium. Two people were brought to the hospital with injury's. There were also some people who have gotten arrested as 15 fans of PSV and 3 fans of Club Brugge were taken to the police office this evening. The other's gotten away. Those who were arrested were banned for life from anykind of stadion and must pay fee's from €550 to €1500 to the gouverment.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Friday 7th November:

The 13th playday got underway with Germinal Beerschot vs. Antwerp. At the end of the game the home team got a deserved win. Although the final score was only 2-1, it could have been more.

Saturday 8th November:

There were six games today and here are the results:

AA Gent 3 - Cercle Brugge 0

Beveren 1 - Mons 0

Genk 1 - Mouscron 0

Lokeren 4 - Heusden-Zolder 0

Sint-Truiden 2 - Lierse 1

Standard 2 - La Louvière 1</pre>

Sunday 9th November:

Brugge vs. Westerlo (H) 18.00

First division game 13

Attendance: 14027

Wet, 9°C

Team line-up (4-4-2): Butina, Simons, Van der Heyden, De Cock, Clement©, Verheyen, Ceh, Stoica, Englebert, Lange, Mendoza

I gave Kallstrom the day off todaybecause he was very tired by all of this games in a row. And I'm sure he will be happy with it. The first chance of the game was for the visitors in the 14th minute. Dosunmu stole the ball from Stoica and then dribbled past Clement before he crossed it into the area. Brogno was there and he tipped the ball into the back of the net. Butina was poorly placed. Thirteen minutes later Simons passed to Ceh who swung the ball towards Mendoza. He tried a long range effort but his attempt went over the goal. It really was a hard game for us as they played with 10 players just before the area;

The second half was really one of the most boring I ever saw in my life. We only created one chance in the 54th minute and that was onto a corner. Ceh drifted the ball into the box towards the far post. De Cock headed it to the center of he area where Verheyen putted his head against the ball and scored. We were back level again put Westerlo prevented us from playing football.

MoM: Verheyen (9)

Final score: Brugge 1 - Westerlo 1

Scorer: Verheyen

Assist: De Cock

After the game I recieved the news that Anderlecht drawed at home against Charleroi. The final score was 1-1.

Sunday 16th November:

It's going from bad to worse with Beveren if we are talking about their actions onto the pitch. Today they lost in the 6th round of the Belgian Cup against Lovendegem, a team that is playing lower then third division.

Tuesday 18th November:

Today was the draw for the 7th round of the Belgian Cup. And if we win against Bocholt we will face La Louvière.

Friday 21st November:

The 14th playday got underway today as Heusden-Zolder won at home against AA Gent with 3-1.

Saturday 22nd November:

Brugge vs. Charleroi (A) 20.00

First division game 14

Attendance: 16043

Dry, 4°C

The first news in this game wasn't a chance. it came in the 12th minute as Moukoko was sent off for elbowing. I'don't know why he did it as he should now that in football you can't do that. Not in Belgium anyway, maybe where he lives it's allowed icon_smile.gif. I thought we would have an easy game because of this but I was wrong. In the 27th minute Ceh crossed the ball for Mendoza. He heads it but Dudas fisted it away. The ball fell again into Mendoza's feets but this time his attempt hitted the crossbar and went out of play. Three minutes before the end of the first half Charleroi had a nice chance. Chaboud headed the ball to Traoré who tried a curling shot, but it went just wide of the post.

The first chance in the second half came in the 56th minute. Englebert passed the ball to Verheyen but his shot was to weak to form any danger. The next chance was in the 73rd minute when Van der Heyden crossed the ball from the left wing into the area where Verheyen was. He putted his head against the ball but the ball flew right into the keeper's arms. It was also the last chance of the game.

MoM: Dudas (9)

Final score: Charleroi 0 - Brugge 0

Manager note: This was our third draw in a row and I wasn't happy about that. With the one against PSV I was very happy but these two games in the competition should have been won.

Antwerp won at home against Lokeren with 2-1. Sint-Truiden could have been the new leaders but thanks to their draw in La Louvière they were still one point behind us. The game ended 1-1. Lierse lost at home with 1-2 against Anderlecht. The last game today was between Westerlo and Genk. The home team won with 3-1.

Sunday 23rd November:

The last games of the 14th playday were finished today as Cerrcle Brugge lost at home against Beveren with 1-2, Mons lost against Standard with 0-1 and Mouscron were the nly home team who could win today as they beated Germinal Beerschot with 3-1.

There was some other news in the papers today as rumours were spreading that Athletic Bilbao are going to buy Mendoza. They are intrested in him for a long while now but I didn't receive any kind of offer so I told them that I would sell him only if the price was right.

Tuesday 25th November:

Brugge vs. AC Milan (H) 19.45

Champions Cup group G game 5

Wet, 4°C

Stefaan Lambrechts: Good evening to all the new, and also all the loyal viewers tonight. Club Brugge will play their fifth and biggest game in the Champions Cup tonight. The stars of AC Milan are visiting the Jan Breydelstadion. If Brugge win tonight they are qualified for the next round of the Champions Cup or if the other game ends in a draw then they are qualified also. I give the word to our commentator in the Jan Breydelstadion and also tonight it is Frank Raes.

"Thank you Stefaan. Welcome to the ones who are watching at home and a rainy evening to the 27984 people here in the stadion tonight. let's have a look at the starting line-ups. And we begin with Brugge, Butina is in goal and his four defenders tonight are Simons, De Cock, Clement and Van der Heydan is playing as left back. In midfield we have Verheyen on the right wing and Ceh on the left wing, in between them we have Kallstrom and Englebert. The two strikers are Lange and Mendoza. For Milan we have Dida in goal and in front of him Simic, Nesta, Kaladze and Maldini. The four midfielders today are Cafu, Pirlo, Rui Costa and Seedorf is on the left wing. The two most attacking players for the Italian's are Kaka and Shevchenko."

"Urs Meier, the referee tonight, gets the game underway.

I really would love to give you some comment but so far there are 30 minutes passed and there hasn't been a nice chance from one of the teams. Kaka has the ball halfway on Brugge's side. he get's a lot of space and continues with his run. They should really stop him. He shoots! That's just over, Brugge should really keep an eye on him as he is very dangerous and won't miss such a chance two times in one game."

"There are three minutes left on the clock now before the first half ends and Brugge hasn't been able to create a chance. Shevchenko has the ball but De Cock tackles it away. Rui Costa picks it up and passes it immediatly to Seedorf. He puts it in the six yard box!!! Shevchenko!! oh it was a great save by Butina. And with that the first half comes to an end. So far Brugge are really outclassed and hopefully they can create at least a chance in the second half. Over to you Stefaan. The half-time score is Brugge 0 - AC Milan 0."

Stefaan Lambrechts: Thanks for giving comment on the first half Frank. So as you can see Brugge are outclassed tonight by Milan and if you ask me they are taking revenge of the first game between them. We also had another game tonight in this group between PSV and Marseille. The half-time score there is 0-2. Christanval and Drogba were the two players who scored there. Now let's get back to Brugge for the second half.

"Welcome back to all of you and the same 22 players are already onto the pitch. Let's get the second half underway Urs Meier."

"Seven minutes have passed in this second half and Brugge has the ball. Maybe now we will see their first chance. Englebert passes to Simons. he has the ball in the defense. Oh what a lovely pass to Verheyen. He is at the halfway line and passes to Lange now. He keeps Kaladze of him and crosses to Mendoza!!!YES it's in Brugge have taken the lead. It was a nice team move but they don't deserve it. But the fans don't care as all of them stood up and they are giving an applause to their players."

"Milan kick-off. Shevchenko plays the ball back to Maldini. he holds the ball up and now he plays a long ball to Shevchenko who is on the left wing. He crosses to Kaka! And yes it's in, Milan immediatly equalised trough Kaka. It was a lovely team move and now it's quiet again in the stadium. What a nice second half to watch people."

"Sixty minutes have passed in this game and Brugge are making a substitution. Mendoza,who picked up a little knock a few moments ago, is replaced by Martens."

"There are only 15 minutes left before this game reaches it's end and Cafu has the ball at the halfway line. He play's a nice pass towards Kaka. He is one-on-one with the keeper, Butina comes out of his goal. What a clever move by Kaka as he chips the ball over the keeper into the back of the net. Milan are leading with 15 minutes left for Brugge."

"And there it is, Urs Meier makes an end to this game and Milan gained a deserved win. As expected Kaka is the man of the match and Milan can thank him as they are qualified now because of his two goals. Let's get back to Vilvoord to hear what the final score was in PSV - Marseille. I see you back next time for the last game of this first round in the Champions Cup."

Stefaan Lambrechts: Well if we are honest we should say that Milan deserved the three points. Now let's see what happened in PSV vs. Marseille. The final score there is 2-2 as Robben and Kezman scored the equalisers. Because of this result Brugge are qualified in their group!! It's the first time in 8 years that Brugge are playing Champions league after the winter-break and they may thank their new manger for that. I will leave you now and welcome you back next time for the last game in this group phase. See you then.

We have learned a lot today. D'Hooghe, chairman Brugge.

We would have won with a greater margin if the state of the pitch was better. Berlusconi, chairman AC Milan

[This message was edited by Peacemaker7 on 17 December 2003 at 17:04.]

Archived