barcelona 4-3-3 tactical help

hi there i am an avid arsenal fan and what i saw from barcelona when we played them was phenomenal.the way they pressed us high up pitch didnt allow us any space in the first half in particular and the way the fullbacks bombed on and got crosses in really impressed me never seen a team dominate my beloved arsenal like that before.

i was wondering if someone could help me create that for my arsenal side or point me in right direction help most appreciated

A lot people will have to use the 'Hold up Ball' option.

Slowish tempo.

A lot of Time wasting.

Not many 'Runs From Deep', maybe none at all!

A lot of roaming.

A lot of creative freedom.

The thing about the way Barca play that I've struggled to recreate on FM is the defensive organisation. The wing backs play very high up and hug the touchline to stretch the opposition and create space. Whilst in possession though the centre backs split and play very high up with the dmc dropping back to cover the centre of pitch when needed. Tough to get this working consistently but I think the best solution (using the TC at least) is to have the CBs set as two ball playing defenders with the stopper mentality.

Against Arsenal I noticed that whilst yes Barca had every man closing down all over the pitch their tackling would probably best be represented by easy - they only put a foot in when they knew they would win the ball well and their tackling was very impressive as a result.

I think really to build this type of tactic successfully you need strong mental attributes before even considering the technical side of things - aggression, determination, anticipation and teamwork. And you need these all over the pitch.

I'm currently trying to put something together with West Ham using a 'Barca' style tactic for the challenge of it and it's performing ok. Keep getting caught on the counter though so I'd also add pacey centre backs are a must!

The thing about the way Barca play that I've struggled to recreate on FM is the defensive organisation. The wing backs play very high up and hug the touchline to stretch the opposition and create space. Whilst in possession though the centre backs split and play very high up with the dmc dropping back to cover the centre of pitch when needed. Tough to get this working consistently but I think the best solution (using the TC at least) is to have the CBs set as two ball playing defenders with the stopper mentality.

Against Arsenal I noticed that whilst yes Barca had every man closing down all over the pitch their tackling would probably best be represented by easy - they only put a foot in when they knew they would win the ball well and their tackling was very impressive as a result.

I think really to build this type of tactic successfully you need strong mental attributes before even considering the technical side of things - aggression, determination, anticipation and teamwork. And you need these all over the pitch.

I'm currently trying to put something together with West Ham using a 'Barca' style tactic for the challenge of it and it's performing ok. Keep getting caught on the counter though so I'd also add pacey centre backs are a must!

thanks itallboutthierry thats what i am struggling to incorporate in to the game the defensive organisation was especially good i will try what you suggested bout the centre backs and see if this helps.

Archived