FM10 - Constructing Teams With Limitations Is A Lot More Fun!!

deejay10

I've been putting together a Anderlecht team made up of players from Belgium and countries that boarder Belgium(France, Holland, Germany and the mighty Luxemborg of course)

2nd season ive only got 4/5 players that arent from one of these countries and im top of the league.

To make sure i dont miss out on any possible talent i've got two scouts out in each of the 4 possible countires permenantly, one searching for players and one searching for under 21 players.

Eventual aim is a fully Belgian team that makes up the majority of the national side

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In my Sevilla team, I've decided what my limitation will be. I will only sign players over 21. Yeah you heard it right, I'll only sign players that have already properly developed to a first team standard, rather than signing players that I know have a high potential for a cheap fee.

I think this is a much bigger limitation than signing under 21s in the long run (5-10 seasons ish), as I'll have to pay more for players that are possibly not as good as the potential of younger players, particularly with the inflated prices that the transfer system in FM uses.

I decided not to go with the English Villa idea... instead I'm going to try and build an (almost) entirely Dutch Feyenoord team and win the Dutch league, possibly see if I can make an impact in Europe. I know some of the players I would like but I'm after some ideas in other areas. I'm planning to play 4-4-2 diamond or 4-5-1.

I definitely want - Boulahrouz(sp?), De Guzman, Wijnaldum, Afellay, Krul, possibly De Ridder for backup... I understand that one or maybe two of those players are already at the club (Wijnaldum, possibly De Guzman??), but after those players I haven't got a clue who to go for, or who else at the club could do a good job.

So I need... DR, DL, DC, DM, LW, ST... I'm really stuck for Dutch players that would be interested in playing for Feyenoord. Any ideas, and is this an achievable task?

Oh yeah by the way started a game with Barcalona with all spanish players my only player who isnt spanish is Messi & thats only because I went to sell him & even through Man Utd & AC Milan both offered me 60m Messi wouldnt go to because they couldnt offer him I bought in Mata,Cazorla,Marchena,De Gea,Capdevila,Nsue & basically any half decent young Spanish player & really enjoying it at the moment Im 12 points clear before xmas

Oh yeah by the way started a game with Barcalona with all spanish players my only player who isnt spanish is Messi & thats only because I went to sell him & even through Man Utd & AC Milan both offered me 60m Messi wouldnt go to because they couldnt offer him I bought in Mata,Cazorla,Marchena,De Gea,Capdevila,Nsue & basically any half decent young Spanish player & really enjoying it at the moment Im 12 points clear before xmas

dont messi have spanish secound nationalety? im sure that could very well be a reason to stick with him

polska, i have an occasional look around the few luxembourg clubs and their part of my player search filter but no luck yet.

Ill keep my hope's up as you've managed to get one, maybe one day build and all Luxembourgian team lol.

Playing the LLM way and trying to get a team from BSN/BSS to with the champion league is pretty fun. No using of geniescouts etc or other people's tactics. And.. not using the player search screen after the 1st season. You entirely depend on your scout recommendations etc. Oh and add in attribute masking.

I decided not to go with the English Villa idea... instead I'm going to try and build an (almost) entirely Dutch Feyenoord team and win the Dutch league, possibly see if I can make an impact in Europe. I know some of the players I would like but I'm after some ideas in other areas. I'm planning to play 4-4-2 diamond or 4-5-1.

I definitely want - Boulahrouz(sp?), De Guzman, Wijnaldum, Afellay, Krul, possibly De Ridder for backup... I understand that one or maybe two of those players are already at the club (Wijnaldum, possibly De Guzman??), but after those players I haven't got a clue who to go for, or who else at the club could do a good job.

So I need... DR, DL, DC, DM, LW, ST... I'm really stuck for Dutch players that would be interested in playing for Feyenoord. Any ideas, and is this an achievable task?

I did an all Dutch Feyenoord a couple years ago, and striker was the biggest problem after Makaay started falling off. I don't know if their finances are better now, but since you'll be paying a premium for Dutch players you could run into problems. Maybe you could get Ryan Babel or Huntelaar at some point, but those are the only two real Dutch finishers that are reasonable targets. You should be able to get Amrabat at some point, and he makes a good creative forward and can score some goals. My vote, since you said mostly Dutch players, is to include a couple Belgian players too since they have a few nice strikers.

Feyenoord also has Leroy Fer and Luc Castaignos who are both good prospects too.

Try and all French team with Lyon. I'm starting off like that now. Midway through season one, and only 6 of my squad of 24 are foreigners, out of these, at least 2, maybe 3 will leave, I'll only keep Lisandro, Lovren and Pjanic (who has French as a second nationality, so kind of isn't) as my foreigners for now. I've signed 13 players so far, all of them French, with 3 more set to join on free's.

Going with Udinese signing that I'll try to make all Italian, Colombian, and Chilean. I'll try to complete it by the start of the third season.

So far I've signed Candreva, Vidal, and Carlos Villanueva. I'm pretty well set already with just Asamoah, Inler, and Handanovic messing it up so far. I'll replace one of the mids with Isla, once Cuadrado grows up a bit. Keeper is the biggest problem, and I'm sure I'll have to pay a ton to get one of the better Italians. I'll report back once in awhile.

I'd never full appreciated this thread till now.

I've done a Lyon save, where I can only but French players, and it's by far the best save I've ever done, and I'm only in season 3.

I'd never full appreciated this thread till now.

I've done a Lyon save, where I can only but French players, and it's by far the best save I've ever done, and I'm only in season 3.

Seems the best career of this type to go for. I've never been Lyon, but in the Lyon thread many of the managers are trying to keep it home-grown.

I have successfully had an all Spanish Barcelona team,successful all Italian Inter Milan team & a successfull all English Chelsea team won the Champions League in first season with all 3 teams aswell as the league got bored of it so now started a new game with Rotherham

Archived