A Nation Without A Champion

Sead Muratic

Guys, I know I can do trial and error with this, but I would greatly appreciate if anyone can give me a guidance before I start to run into problems.

I want to make a national league which is a parent competition to some 32 two-tiered provincial leagues. The questions are:

1) Is it ok for a top tier league to have no overall champion? I don't want a championship playoff to determine the season's national champion, otherwise I will create a champions-league-like cup which will run concurrently with the following season. Much like a nation act like a continent, and provinces act like nations.

2) I know this will be an issue: since there will be no national league winner, will it cause problem to continental qualification?

3) Some of the provincial leagues don't have enough teams to be two tier leagues, so I will just put their B-teams in the second divisions, and I don't want any promotion/relegation in these certain leagues, when I need it to happen in other provincial leagues. Question: will these smaller leagues still try to force promotion/relegation in some unwanted/unpredictable way? As they are not allowed to promote any B-team but they are 'told' to perform some prom./rel. as other leagues.

Thanks

Yes there are only reserve teams in certain divisions:-) And I can't turn off promotion/relegation system because some other leagues at the same level need it.

I've heard about that champion-promoted-to-lower-division horror and about teams play in two divisions at once, dreadful stories.

Archived