Daniele de Rossi's (lack of) discipline

johadert

Fine him every time, wouldn't his aggression be at 15 if you fined him and he accepted it? (I'm just assuming that aggression goes down by 1 every time that happens).

Nothing wrong with a bit of tenacity in the tackle, I love a good red card every now and then, it tests my team's durability, having someone like Sergio Ramos is good for this.

Fine him every time, wouldn't his aggression be at 15 if you fined him and he accepted it? (I'm just assuming that aggression goes down by 1 every time that happens).

Nothing wrong with a bit of tenacity in the tackle, I love a good red card every now and then, it tests my team's durability, having someone like Sergio Ramos is good for this.

Ramos is a walking penalty whenever I've had him.

On topic:

De Rossi is a naturally aggressive player, however you as the boss will sometimes need to allow this to come out and sometimes you will need to curb it by lowering his tackling and maybe his closing down also.

He is god like on this game if you can get that balancing act sorted.

• 3 months later...

Cant seem to get him to work for me. On my game theres no better DM Statistically atm. Not that would come to me anyway. I'm only in November and he's got 4 Red cards in 13 appearances 3 of which he's just got in 3 consecutive matches. I've had him down to easy tackling but to little affect, i've never seen anything like it, its frankly ridiculous. I'm debating offloading him for Mikel as he's costing me games since i'm playing with 10 men for half the season :@

I've seen worse. Darijo. Bloody. Srna.

3 reds in 6 apps. Thats one way to get dropped from the first team. When he made it 4 in 10 as well as giving away 2 penalties, I transfer listed him. Yes, after 10 games. I dropped his tackling, fined him 3 of the 4 times (let him off with a warning the first time), but neither seemed to take much, if any, effect.

I can't stand indiscipline and sold Srna at a loss. But indiscipline at such a level, I'd have given him away for free if that was the only option, as he was single-handedly throwing points away.

It may have been the only time I've had such a problem with a player, but I won't tolerate it. The extremity of the situation ruined the season for me. I finished 2nd in the Premiership and couldn't help feeling that were it not for the games Srna ruined, there's a large possibility that I may have won a major trophy (it would have been my first in that save.

I've managed to upset Mikel and get him to hand in a transfer request. So nabbed him for 8 mil. De Rossi, on the face of it looks a mile better, and thats saying something as Mikel is solid on this. But he is 33 now for me, and he's spent as many days suspended for me this season as he has played games. I feel its a waste, but he plays a solid 7 most of the time but never outstanding, not worth the hassle. Had him as a ball winning midfielder and Anchor man, he doesnt get as many reds as an anchor, but still far more than acceptable.

Bargain. Mikel is quality, and while he can be a little dirty at times, shouldn't hit nearly as many reds as De Rossi. Very good choise at either role, but be prepared to have someone step in while he's away at the African Nations.

Archived