[FM10] Madrigal to Eastlands- The Travetelli Revolution

rolex45

Welcome to the journal of my greatest career on fm10 yet.

When i started this game i had the aim of breakin barca and reals dominance of la liga with a team hu had never had a rich history. So naturally my choice was villareal a club with a small 25000 capacity stadium, which had never won any proffessional trophy but had a chairman with reasonable resources and plenty of patience.

Season 09/10 La Liga

Board expectations: Top half Finish

After taking charge i assesed the squad and organised my transfer targets. The squad badly needed a quality full back and a defensive midfielder and perhaps a new goalkeeper. I quickly got rid of deadwood that were draining resources out of the squad.

Transfers In: Transfers Out:

Rafinha 13mil Joan Tomas 250k

Mamdou Diarra 5mil Marco Ruben 3.6mil

Otamendi 3mil Diego Lopez 7.5mil

Ivnakov 1mil Robert Flores 1mil

Alejandro Dominquez 1.5mil Joseba Llorente 5mil

Demba Ba 5mil Bruno 4mil

A net transfer spend of 10mil was not good but was required to take the club to the next level.

the season started well with 5 wins in the first 5 games before i was brought down 2 earth by a crushing 3nil defeat away 2 arch rivals Valencia. this would set the tone for the rest of the season in the league and a poor run of form mid season left champions league positions of of reach andd we had 2 settle 4 a 6th place finish. However the silver lining of the season was cup runs in both the europa league and the spanish cup.

in the spanish cup i had an easy draw and reached the final where i came upon the might of the galacticos.i was not confident due to them thumping me twice in the league and so their quality proved again them winning 3-1 in the final and denying villareal cup glory. the european dream also ended with a 5-3 defeat away to OM in the semi final particualry painful as i dominated and they scored 3 second half free kicks my keeper having a rare nightmare. Overall i was disappointed with season due to the poor league showing investment was needed if i was 2 achieve my goals

season 10/11 La liga

the goal was champions league football. in came adler defour van der vaart and anelka out went demba ba, rossi, fuentes, pires and altidore for huge profits. the squad was stronger as well and the league caimpaign was a breeze and we closed out 4th spot an incredible 11 points ahead of 5th placed sevilla stranger still that i was 16 points of 1st 15 off 2nd showing how difficult this challenge was especially as barca had just claimed their 3rd conscutive champions league trophy twice beatin real. the cup runs were not great this year losing in the quarteer finals of the europa league on penalties away 2 liverpool. a cup win over barca in the quarters was followed by a disappointing defeat 2 sevilla in the semis.

The season had some good news however as ivan marcano was named world defender of the year and nilmar was named runner up in golden boot.

Season 11/12 La Liga

Veloso and petric were added to the side to give more depth to the midfield and striking options. i expected to qualify for europe easily after last years performance. However the team was inconistent and had the one of the poorest away records in the league and only the home form which ended with 18wins and 1 defeat( Real again yet to score against them) kept us in contention for european places. again cup runs were encouraging but ended in disappointment. in the spanish cup we again faced barca only this time we were beaten 2nil and failed to reach the semis for the 1st time. the champions league was even more encouraging easily winning all matches in group stage and drew aston villa in the second round. Sadly this turned to disappoinment when i lost 2-2 on away goals. Barca would reach their 4th succesive final only to lose to Bayern Munich. Real easily won their 3rd successive title. Long way away form reaching my goal of overturning their dominance

season12/13

in came real legend raul on a free transfer well past his best tho and he was swiftly followed by carles puyol also past his best. both would help tutor the youngsters and prove useful backup. Raul ended up with other 25goals from a sub role. The only major signing was Diego Renan 4 17mil from Getafe. He proved to be very good indeed and helped villareal to their most succesful season ever. The great home form continued but the key difference was the improved away form. i finished the season on 84points a whole 12 behind Real madrid however barca faltered this season and was able to claim 2nd spot by 1point. Barca gained revenge by beating me in the spanish cup semi final and went on to claim another champions league trophy. However i had my own european triumph in the europa league. i had impressive run including a 6-3 win over roma in the semis and then following that up with a rather fortuante 3nil victory over arsenal in the final with a van der vaart screamer and marcano capping another impressive season with 2 headed goals from a corner and a free kick. Marcano claimed another defender of the year awaard as well as winning supporters player of the year for the 4th yuear running.

season 13/14 La Liga

Klass jan huntellar the only signing to replace the clubs all time top goal scorer nilmar who had lost his pace with age and was no longer deadly. The season started with a 2nil defeat in the super cup 2 barca. the league was again a breeze but still miles off the the title pace as barca won their 1st title in 5 years. A 3rd place finsish guranteed champions league football for another season however i was once again miles away from achieving my goal winning la liga. the champions league was disappointing i crashed out in 3rd place behind zenit and chelsea. i wud at least have a chance to defencd my crown however i was halted inthe quarter finals by la liga rivals sevilla on away goals the spanish cup was my only chance for glory. and so it proved as an impressive run led to defeats off real madrid and sevilla and then a narrow victory over athletico madrid in the final for villareals second ever trophy and 2nd in 2 years. elsewhere diego buoanotte inspired genoa to the champs league final( beaten by madrid) and the serie A . he was rewarded with world player of the year award ending CR7s reign of 6 succesive awards.

Season 14/15

again only 1 major signing came in in the form of Nani for 7mil. this season turned out to be very surprising indeed. league form was poor compared to recent years and a return of 73 points was disappointing although it was enuf for 3rd place ahead of MALAGA!!!!! only 1 off athletico in 2nd but 25 off real madrid. Barca missed out on champs league football by a 5th placed finsh. The cup runs however were again good. i was hopeful off a 1st champs league win however i was knocked out 3-2 too Juventus in the 2nd round and the dream was gone for another year.the spanish cup was again up for grabs and i made it all the way to the final where i meet madrid seeking a treble. the galacticos part 3 of fabregas pato ribery and co beat me 2-1 2 deny me another trophy.

season 15/16

i decided to invest to strengthen the squad so incame biase matiudi and mario balotelli 4 30mil. based on points this was my most succesful season claiming 86 points enough to claim 1st in the 4other major leagues in europe but only enuf to claim 4th spot in spain still 14 points of Real Madrid. the cups runs as well were disappointing losimg in the qaurter finals o the spanish cup to barca and again crashing out in the champs league at the 2nd round this time to chelsea. the season to all accounts was very disappointing.

season16/17

a major signing came in the form of alan dzagoev for 32mil in january. the season started poorly losing in the champions league playoffs to diego bouanottes genoa. i was then knocked out by athletico madrid in the spanish cup quarter finals. league form was good tho still miles behind madrid and barcelona. then in march came a staggering offer from man city a transfer budget of 88mil and wage budget of 4mil compared to 5mil budget and 800k wage budget off villareal. after assesing my chances of taking over real madrid and barca( none existent) i decided to jump at the chance to work with man citys millions. the team had failed to live up to expectations of past and were siiting 12th with just 8games left. i used these games to asses hu was in my plans for the next season. (tevez and bale were the only 1s as the team was not good enuf in my opionon.)

Season 2017/18 Barclays Premier League

A major overhaul was required and duly delivered.

Out: verad idan reynolds(regen) motta krasic robinho machado zabalata hart amongst a few

in came: Kroos, Wilson, Adler, otamendi, defour, balotelli, diego renan and fransisco serrao( a world klass striker regen)

i raided my old team for the spine of my new squad as i knew wot to expect of them.

i lined up a new 3-4-1-2 which i had noticed had just won athletico an unbeaten la liga title and a champions league title.

My first full season in charge was an unbelievable success which included a first league title a league cup and a an fa cup and a europa league final victory and unbelievably good season which wud be almost impossible to beat.

Season 2018/19 Barclays Premier League

in came: mesut Ozil

the squad was so good decided not add too much to it.

this season was unbelievable including a run of 27 straight wins in all competitions which lead to another league , league cup and fa cup victory. i lost 1 all season but wot a match to lose the Champions league final 2-1 to a rather average bayern munich side.the season saw me enter the italian hall of fame for managers very impressive imo. i was still annoyed with champs league defeat i decided to splash the cash the same day i was defeated wrapping up the transfers for Sergio Aquero (50MIL) ALEXIS SANCHEZ(40MIL) AND ADAM GREY (45MIL) ENGLISH REGEN CB. THESE SIGNINGS WILL SURELY LEAD TO MORE SUCCESS IN THE FUTURE AND THAT ELUSIVE CHAMPSIONS LEAGUE TITLE. UPDATES TO COME

Archived