What makes the best corner/freekick/throw in takers?

OK i'm confused, I looked at my team and checked who was the best at taking corners and chose them to take them, now my coach is telling me some other game with a much lower corner rating is better?

Can someone clarify this please, what attributes are the best for these set pieces (corners,free kicks, throw ins).

Also does it make sense to have a left footed player take right sided corners so they inswing? Does the match engine even recognize that?

The game doesn't use one attribute for delivery of the ball but a whole range of attributes for various mental and physical aspects of the delivery.

Free Kicks, Corners and Long Throws defines the final accuracy of the delivered ball. Technique defines how difficult/dangerous a delivery the player can pull off. Then comes the usual Mental suspects in the form of Anticipation, Composure, Creativity, Decisions, Flair, Teamwork to define not only the players ability to spot passing options, but anticipate movement, time the delivery, choose good targets, choose for the benefit of the team and finally to do all of that calmly and not allow Pressure to impact Technical and Mental execution.

It's more a case of what attributes don't affects delivery. For example Physical attributes from a dead ball, and irrelevant Technical attributes such as Tackling, Finishing, Heading.

So ideally you should look for the kind of attributes that suit particular set pieces best. Higher Flair for Direct Free Kicks and lower Flair better Decisions for Throw-Ins for example.

Archived