[FM10] From Ten to Prem

Captain Awesome

Database: Large

Patch: 10.3

Leagues: England to Level 10 (Super Bladesman's Level 10 File)

I am new to these forums and so this is my first ever career thread. My aim for this career is to start off with a random team in Level 10 and to bring them up to Primership and Champions League champions. This is my first attempt at one of these types of saves so who knows where this all could go. Wish me luck!

And the randomly selected team is....

launton_logo.png

Team Name: Launton Sports F.C

Nickname(s): The Riversiders

Founded: 1899

Ground: The Ross Sports Centre (Capacity: 500)

League: Hellenic League Division One West

Basic Information:

The Town:

Launton is a village in Oxfordshire, England, with a population of 1,117 as of the 2001 census.

The Team:

Play in a yellow strip at home and a black strip when away.

The Squad:

Is looking very poor and I will be looking to replace as many of them as I can. Due to the $0p/w wage budget available, I'll be looking at giving everyone amateur contracts for the time being.

*Note: All my currency will be in AUD as that is the way I've always done it and it's easiest for me. Sorry for any inconvience or confusion this may cause. :)

History:

Luanton Sports currently have no achievements at all as far as I'm aware. Their trophy cabinet is just waiting to be filled and their records are waiting to be set. So I can't really go downhill from here... Hopefully :p

Launton Sports F.C - Hellenic Division One West - 2009/10

With a prediction to finish 13th out of 16 teams, our expectations were low and so we set out to keep above the relegation zone, which would be easy considering the only relegation spot was dead last.

League Table

League Positions Graph

We had a good solid performance throughout our first season. We managed to stay in competition for promotion from the first whistle, not dropping below 5th place all season. A poor run towards the end of the season did not help with our first place possibility but in the end, we were unlucky not to achieve it as we lost to Purton in the last game of the regular season which confirmed them as the champions. We continued on to the promotion playoff finals instead.

Promotion Playoff Final - \o/ Promotion! We played well and were more dominant than they were. This promotion was well deserved by the team.

FA Vase - Not a bad run in this cup. We were unlucky to lose in a close game but all in all we did well.

Hellenic Challenge Cup - We exceeded all expectations and managed to make the quarter finals where we lost on penalties.

Oxfordshire Senior Cup - Out in the first round on penalties. This isn't too bad considering we did well in our other cups.

Transfers - I replaced most of the team at the start of the season but also brought a few in and lost a few towards the end of the season as interest picked up on my players.

Squad - Mostly young players with a few older ones in their. Still needs some work with replacing those less talented players with new signings.

Finances - We maintained our finances well, thanks mostly to prize money from cups and our league position at the end of the season.

Key Player Profiles

Stanislav Janky - My key player up front, did well for the team providing both goals and assists.

Blaine Whiteside - A young player I brought in halfway through the season. Ended up being a solid starter in the midfield. Was good with ball at feet and on the wing.

Martin Fox - Played a key role in the team at Left Fullback. Always came up with a good performance.

Rob Gier - My other Fullback on the opposite side of the pitch.

Scott Dinnigan - Put in a good performance during the season, form started to drop a bit towards the end but he kept us in some important matches with great saves.

Career Overview

Season    League                           Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2009/10   Hellenic Division One West       2nd         Promoted via playoffs

Next Season

The promotion was a great achievement for us in our first season and now that we are in Level 9 we will need to look at continuing to build our team as we prepare to play in our new league. I am confident we will be able to stay up next season at least.

Extra Information

Premier League Results 09/10

Championshp Results 09/10

World Cup 2010 Update

Just thought I'd post a little update to let you all know how the World Cup went for everyone.

Group A - Bosnia & Herz., Italy, New Zealand, Paraguay

Group B - Argentina, Nigeria, Russia, U.S.A.

Group C - Holland, Japan, Mali, Ukraine

Group D - Algeria, Australia, Spain, Sweden

Group E - Cameroon, France, North Korea, Serbia

Group F - Brazil, Honduras, Ivory Coast, Switzerland

Group G - Chile, Costa Rica, Czech Republic, South Africa

Group H - England, Germany, South Korea, Uruguay

Finals Tree

Third Place Playoff

Awards

Best Goalkeeper

Best Player

Golden Boot

World Cup 2010 Dream Team

Interesting, i saw this and thought id post as i just started a career using the superbladesmans level 10 file too. But i started a few levels up (underneath the Regional Premier league) with St. Austell.

what formation do you use? Only reason i ask is because i have Janky in my team too, I have him playing as the lone frontman in a 4-5-1 formation. Half way through the season and he isnt doing too well, most of my goals have come from my attacking midfielder.

Interesting, i saw this and thought id post as i just started a career using the superbladesmans level 10 file too. But i started a few levels up (underneath the Regional Premier league) with St. Austell.

what formation do you use? Only reason i ask is because i have Janky in my team too, I have him playing as the lone frontman in a 4-5-1 formation. Half way through the season and he isnt doing too well, most of my goals have come from my attacking midfielder.

I just play a standard 4-4-2 formation with Janky as an Advanced Forward so that he can feed the ball to other players and look for through balls for my other striker as well as get a few attempts on goal himself. That seems to have worked well for me. Hope this helps :)

Launton Sports F.C - Hellenic League Premier Division - 2010/11 (Season 2)

The media prediction of a 7th place finish along with us being one of 4 teams with the best odds for winning the league put a lot of pressure on us to deliver to everyone's expectations. It was definately a rough season with lots of ups and downs in it. There is still a lot to build on here.

League Table

Positions Graph

We started the season off strong, staying in the top end of the table and managing to get into 1st place a few times but then some injuries kicked in and morale dropped with our form as we went down out of the promotion positions. But with our key players coming back from their injuries, we managed to pull together and set ourselves at the top of the table with 6 games to go. By winning our last 5 games of the season with some convincing scores we managed to secure our promotion to level 8 next season.

FA Cup - Our first appearence in the FA Cup. The team played well in the first 2 games but a poor performance in the 3rd Qualification Round saw us get knocked out.

FA Vase - Another good start in our first two games but we were shocking when it came to finishing in our third game and were easily knocked out in the 2nd Round.

Hellenic Challenge Cup - Poor. There is nothing more to say than that.

Oxfordshire Senior Cup - We were lucky to even make a penalty shootout. Knocked out in the 1st Round.

Transfers - Brought in some new, young players to build my team around. A few good finds in there that definately made sure we were promoted this season.

Squad - A mix of talent and ages that managed to come together well as a team and out-performed many teams in this league.

Finances - Another good season for the finances. Not as much prize money this season due to our poor cup performances but the payout for winning the league did us some good.

Key Player Profiles

Bruce Lewis - An outstanding season for him. I bought him at the start of the season and he played almost every game and was the top goalscorer for both Launton and the league. A very good player for the club. Finished the season with 10 Man of the Match performances.

Glen Wright - Brought into the U18 squad at the start of the season and given a starting position when Martin Fox got injured. Proved himself over those few games and remained in that position for the rest of the season.

Lee Hodges - My Midfield rock. A solid all-rounder for our team who could score as well as set up some assists but was also able to defend when he was required too.

Sam West - Bought at the start of the season as a back-up but worked his way into the starting 11. He was quick on the wings and was able to score as well as assist when we needed him to.

Career Overview

Season    League                          Position      Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2009/10   Hellenic Division One West      2nd           Promoted via playoffs
2010/11   Hellenic Premier Division       1st           Promotion

Next Season

That's two promotions in two seasons. It may be tough to expect a third promotion in a row so I'm hoping for at least a mid-table finish from the boys. We'll see how things turn out next season.

Extra Information

Premier League Results 10/11

Championshp Results 10/11

Archived