FM10: Official R.S.C Anderlecht Thread - Home of Lukaku - Mens sana in corpore sano

rugby1991

My side at the moment, December 2011, only has 6 or 7 players over 25 as I have made it a transfer policy to not buy any players over 25 barring an emergency or a player of significant ability to add to the side. But a bit of experience to the side is always helpful definitely. I like your idea of buying only players bordering Belgium. I might incorporate that one actually.

Thanks for the opinions guys, it's going to be quite a difficult decision at the end of the season, seeing as my captain and potentially vice captain are retiring. They will either both need replacing or i might make Lukaku captain as an extra incentive to keep him.

Wish i'd signed Mats Rits when i had the chance, at liverpool he's now worth 10 mil and has some very impressive stats.

For the Belgian leagues I would only sign 2 or 3 players aged 29+ ... I always tend to look if they used to be world class!

The Belgian league is the ideal place to nurture talent as the league is that bad youth can cope with 1st team

Who do you think should be sold?

I would like to play a 4-midfield not decided-2 tactic.

This would be my 4-men midfield with current squad:

AMG:

Boussoufa (Inside Fwd / Playmaker) or Suarez (Inside Fwd after a few weeks retraining)

CM:

Biglia (DL Playmaker) - Sare (Anchor Man) or Kouyate (Box²)

AMR:

Legear (Inside Fwd / Winger)

Chatelle and Deschacht can be sold for around €4.5m each; Bernardez for around €3m and Rncic for €2m.

There are a few free agents that would be a nice addition to the team: Fellype Gabriel (AM RLC); Miguel Angulo (AM RC); Emerson (DMC); Gaston Fernandez (FC) and Derlei (ST). Do also check US teams who tend to release a few good youngsters around early July (got Brek Shea and Bill Hamid for free that way). Eno (DMC from Ajax) is usually transfer listed and can be brought in for around €2m.

Hope it helps.

If you sell Deschacht, Bernardez, Rncic who is going to play at dl/dr?

I don't like Deschacht IRL, hence probably the reason I always sell him.

Van Damme as DL with Diandy as back-up (with the money from Deschacht you could buy some promising youngsters or rely on a few free agents, at least as back-up: Brek Shea mentioned above or Felyp (young all-round Brazilian defender).

DR is for Gillet. As free agents, I'd recommend Carlinhos - very similar to Gillet - and Yakubu. Riccetti (sp?) is usually released from (I think) Seattle and is an experienced Argentinian DMC who can cover at DR.

Hmm I might be tempted to start a second save ... Preferably in Belgium. I'm doubting between the 3 major clubs (RSCA, Standard & Brugge) and bring in some of those African quality players :o

What transfer budget can you get at RSCA?

This seasons youth prospect, quite a suprise really, Riqueleme anybody?

sterckx.jpg

Got to the quaters of the champions league before being beaten 2-1 by Inter who played their usual brand of on the verge of illegal football.

Keeping the squad together has proved more difficult than ever before this year but i think the run in the European Cup should help.

Aha chose the country he loves over his country of birth, Matias Suarez did the same and still didn't make the squad. :D

It's the future of Belgium though... People with dual nationality etc. Just look how many are in the first team IRL! New-Belgium

Yeah first season economics always sucks, sell a few players in january to try to raise it up to about +£7mil then by the end of the season you should have a little left at the end of the year, that with prize money and some prudent spending/selling returning loanees second season and the economics should be fine.

Havent you got problems with bigger teams constantly praising your best players, which makes them unhappy and wanting to leave?

every end of season is a straight battle to try to keep my players. Its quite sick, i buy a player, and 6 months later he is already wanted by teams of bigger competitions.

So its constantly considering if i cash out or stay with an unhappy player and hope he gets happy again

Just bought Buonanotte for €6.0m in November 2009. I believe I should sell one of my wingers / inside forwards as five men for two spots seem a bit too much for a team on a budget like Anderlecht. Who would you sell between Legear, Boussoufa, Suarez and Fellype Gabriel? I would tend to get rid of Legear but he qualifies as home grown player. Any idea?

i have buonanotte too :)

Dont sell legear, in second season he came in first as topgoalscorer and 3rd in assists-standings in the domestic league.

He kinda exploded in 2nd season.

I would sell boussoufa, i sold him to get buonanotte, and havent regret it yet

i have buonanotte too :)

Dont sell legear, in second season he came in first as topgoalscorer and 3rd in assists-standings in the domestic league.

He kinda exploded in 2nd season.

I would sell boussoufa, i sold him to get buonanotte, and havent regret it yet

I just realized now that Buonanotte can't play before start of 2nd season - I will have to wait a bit before seeing him play, so I am keeping everyone for the time being. I might sell Boussoufa at the end of the season, although he is brilliant so far (avg. 8.24), to make Anderlecht (still) a bit more Argentinian: Riquelme and Burdisso will join us on a free transfer on July 2010. Can't wait!

• 1 month later...

Can anybody tell me what kind of prize money you can expect for winning the league in Belgiun? I'm around 20 games into my first season and I'm currently top of the league and just curious because unlike in the premiership, the rules page in the Belgian league doesn't show you the prize money amounts.

Also how does the 6 team mini league at the end of the season work? Do I not win the league if I'm still first after 28 games?

Thanks

No you don't win it. Because the belgian FA are morons.

You get half the points you have and then start playing the other five.

Ok, thanks for that. I probably won't hang around for too many seasons in the Belgian league then if that's the set-up.

Archived