Be careful what you wish for!....

Ok, so yesterday i posted a thread about leaving my current club..Hearts FC to manage Arsenal (Year 2013) After a few comments, most of which suggested not to take it. I went home from work and rejected the approach! I should add it was the bigest job offer i have ever had, and i dont like saving games and going back to them.

Anyway, the S**T hits the fan...Big time!! I get next to no money to spend in the summer, and my wage budget is barely increased! Next i hit a massive drop in form...Spanked by some mediocre teams in pre season followed by 1 win 2 losses and a draw in my first 4 league games!

My team, which i considered to be full of highly loyal players, who did not wish for massive contracts and big money moves all start wanting away from the club. I try to convince them that we will progress to match their demands and they all have none of it! 3 of my best players request transfers! As i watch teams bid paltry sums for my best players and subsequently upset the ones which at the time were happy!

None of them will accept new contracts, although they all have atleast 3 years to run on their current ones!

Finally, although very youthful...most of my team are now over 21 just! Meaning that i have to include a much poorer standard of reserve or decent standard youth player to meet the 3 under 21s ruling, meaning im leaving out players i would normally play... making the squad even more distressed!! Morale is seriously dropping!

God i wish i had taken the Arsenal job.. Or atleast saved it so i had the choice to go back!!

Serves me right for sticking to my morals and not saving!

Ahhhh i feel your pain!

Listen see it as a clean slate. Your players are obviously sick of you, or feel as if they have gone as far as they can go in the spl, and remember, it is the spl. Cut em loose and make as much profit as you can and rebuild!

May mean you have a season where you get whooped, but with the right purchases and planning, you should bounce back in no time.

Never ever let your players control you! YOUR THE MANAGER! they wanna go ? then they got two options, get stuffed and go join another club, or rot in reserves and play some youths!

Lesson learnt (to try the moral route but SAVE the immoral for times like these!!)

I'm having a similar issue with one of my strikers wanting away and no-one bidding realistic amounts for him (in my opinion ;)) - bloody annoying!

Something similar just happened to me too! Playing as AFC Wimbledon and I'm in the preseason of my first campaign in the championship.

Man Utd offers me a job and I delayed making the decision for a week partly because I did not know what to do and also to see if my transfers will work out.

Week goes by, I managed to get a couple of young and promising players so I rejected Man Utd. Although I did save and accept the job just to see how it feels ( I seldom start from lower leagues and work my way up), I reloaded my game and declined MU to carry on with my game.

Next thing I know, Arsenal bids for my star regen striker who starts moaning when I rejected the bid. My Brazilian right back wants to move to a bigger club. Turkish midfielder who couldn't settle in the area wants to move as well, and one of my players is 'concerned about lack of managerial discipline'. The whole squad came crashing down and I just lost the first 3 games of the season.

Should have taken the job... :(

I had a similar position. AC Milan manager, doing a good job and my favourite club Arsenal gave me a well lovely offer. But like you I rejected and stayed at AC Milan without saving. I respect you for doing that because in real life you wouldn't be able to go back in time! lol. Anyway at least you playing the game as a man!

Archived