in game stratagies?

I've read a lot of threads on tactics and so called super tactics. Personally i'm a believer in using different stratagies for different games and changing if need be durin games.

I wanted to get some advice from you guys on what stratagies you use and when?

I play with a good Arsenal team, so I never go in lower than "Control". But if I'm large odds favourites then I go up to "Attack", but use 'Retain Possession' to keep the passing distance and tempo where I like them. Seems to work pretty well.

It's about playing to my strengths. Arsenal are pretty weak defensively and don't have the best headers in the world, so going defensive and soaking up pressure is not an option. If I am protecting a lead in a tight game I stay on Control but use 'Drop Deeper' and 'Play Narrower' shouts.

I play with a good Arsenal team, so I never go in lower than "Control". But if I'm large odds favourites then I go up to "Attack", but use 'Retain Possession' to keep the passing distance and tempo where I like them. Seems to work pretty well.

It's about playing to my strengths. Arsenal are pretty weak defensively and don't have the best headers in the world, so going defensive and soaking up pressure is not an option. If I am protecting a lead in a tight game I stay on Control but use 'Drop Deeper' and 'Play Narrower' shouts.

what would you suggest for a burnley side? away if odds are againts me i start with counter, at home i start with balanced

Counter sounds about right to me. Have a very successful game with Blackburn where I used Counter in every game first season. Always got good results against the big sides, looking back I didn't always get results against teams I should have beaten so maybe going up to Standard will work well. But sometimes a change in strategy seems to unbalance a whole tactic. Hence my use of 'Retain Possession' when I move up to attacking.

If you're going to play Counter though you either need a couple of strong strikers or a couple of fast wingers. Average on both these fronts seems to be a real killer when it comes to getting goals of your own. Due to the lack of good, pacy players available at a reasonable price I used to play a flat back 4, 1 DMC, 2 MC's and 3 ST C's. But those 3 were Kalinic and Di Santo for strength and Hoilett playing off them as a quickish poacher.

Archived