[FM10] Liverpool FC - Living the Dream!

JamesyLFC

Firstly I'm new to the site and have enjoyed looking at some of your stories/updates very well done :thup:

I'm into December in my game so before I get started I'll bring you upto date until the end of November :)

Patch: 10.3

Database: Large

Leagues included: English, Spanish, German and Scottish with all available leagues included.

Summer Transfers

IN:

Darren Shearer - £200,000 from Exeter City - Goalkeeper (One for the future)

Heiko Butscher - £4,600,000 from Freiburg - Natural Left-back/Centre-back (Recommended to me by staff and can play LB & CB)

Matthew Smith - £400,000 from Bristol Rovers - Natural Centre Midfield (Has the potential to play at the same level at Gerrard so thought I'd buy him for the future)

Ignacio Camacho - £1,000,000 Loan from Atletico Madrid with £5,000,000 fee at anytime - Natural Defensive Midfielder (Turned into a great player in the future on previous games for me so thought it was worth this loan fee and hope I get bought over to buy him for what is a fairly cheap price considering how good he can become)

Robbie Fowler - £100,000 from North Queensland Fury - Striker (Liverpool legend so spur of the moment led me to buy him)

Mikkel Diskerud - £775,000 from Stabaek - Natural Centre Midfield (Youngster for the future who I've seen do well in my mate's Bayern Munich save even though his report doesn't give you the impression)

OUT

Robbie Threlfall - Free to Colchester

Peter Gulacsi - 6 month loan to Derby County

Alexander Kacaniklic - 6 month loan to Morecambe

Gerardo Bruna - £525,000 to PSG (40% future fee clause)

Chris Mavinga - 6 month loan to Bradford City

Damien Plessis - £1,300,000 to Doncaster Rovers

Stephen Darby - 6 month loan to Notts County

Daniel Ayala - 6 month loan to Northampton

Summary

Brought in H.Butscher as he provided cover to both the LB and CB positions which we were lacking in due to injuries. The rest that came in were for the future bar the signing of R.Fowler.

Going out a load of young players on loan, G.Bruna and D.Plessis commanding £1,825,000 overall helped me get some extra funds in including a 40% future fee clause on G.Bruna's deal.

Pre-Season Friendlies

Liverpool 3-1 Liverpool Reserves - Riera (19), Gerrard (34), Torres (43)

Liverpool 3-0 Freiburg - Ngog (2), Gerrard (48), Babel (90)

Huddersfield 2-6 Liverpool - Ngog (5, 36 & 83), Benayoun (46 & 56), Rodriguez (68)

Genk 1-3 Liverpool - Benayoun (15 pen), Babel (56), Torres (65)

FC Metz 0-2 Liverpool - Riera (11), Torres (39)

Falkirk 1-4 Liverpool - Rodriguez (12), Riera (29), Lucas (45+1), Gerrard (54)

Exeter City 1-2 Liverpool - Babel (43), Kuyt (70 pen)

Summary

Tried out different formations/tactics and gave many youngsters a chance even though none got on the scoresheet.

Decided to stick on a 4-1-2-1-2 formation.

August/September

Manchester United 1-0 Liverpool - Disappointed to lose this one, did very well but just couldn't put the ball in the net.

Wigan 0-4 Liverpool - Rodriguez (11), Aurelio (20), Kuyt (61), Gerrard (72) - Great way to bounce back with a good display away from home.

Liverpool 3-0 Bolton - Torres (25, 27 & 61) - Comfortable home win dominated by Torres.

League Cup 3rd Round:Liverpool 1-3 Arsenal - Torres (41) - Was doing well until Kyrgiakos was sent off, I changed the tactics around and then Van Persie ripped us apart.

Birmingham City 0-2 Liverpool - Riera (2), Torres (54) - Another good performance away from home.

Champions League Group Stage Liverpool 2-0 Wisla - Riera (17), Gerrard (21) - I was drawn alongside Wisla, Anderlecht and Inter Milan in the group and this was a good start at home.

Liverpool 3-1 Fulham - Torres (1, 32 & 60) - Another Torres show basically)

Chelsea 3-0 Liverpool - Never got going and Torres got sent off for a challenge on Lampard after 50 minutes saw us off.

Burnley 2-2 Liverpool - Gerrard (2), Kuyt (10) - Fragile at the back and didn't have that threat going forward that we did in the first 10 mins, disappointing.

Champions League Group Stage: Anderlecht 0-1 Liverpool - Kuyt (35) - Not the best performance but it was our first win in three games to finish the month.

Just a side point, there will be screenshots, more depth to my posts once it's upto date :)

October/November

Liverpool 1-0 Wolves - Gerrard (64) - Should have scored more but it's a win.

Tottenham 0-2 Liverpool - Ngog (54), Kuyt (63) - Good performance away from home, Ngog played brilliantly.

Champions League Group Stage: Inter Milan 1-4 Liverpool - Kuyt (29), Gerrard (50 pen), Babel (72), Rodriguez (90) - Great result! Was pretty quiet until Cordoba was sent off after 29 mins then we basically tore Inter to shreds on their own park.

Portsmouth 0-4 Liverpool - Skrtel (10), Mascherano (29), Rodriguez (49), Kuyt (70) - Back to back great perfomances though Torres did get injured.

Liverpool 8-0 West Ham - Riera (12), Ngog (18, 63), Gerrard (62, 67), Kuyt (70), Skrtel (75), Babel (83) - Outstanding performance helped by the fact West Ham went down to 10 men halfway through.

Champions League Group Stage: Liverpool 1-0 Inter Milan - Gerrard (58) - Much lesser scoreline than in Milan but comfortable with Gerrard also missing a penalty.

Liverpool 1-1 Everton - Kuyt (8) - Disappointed to draw this one but fair game on the day.

Manchester City 0-3 Liverpool - Kuyt (9), Torres (21), Aquilani (42) - Superb performance especially the first half with Aquilani getting his first goal in his first game, in for the injured Gerrard.

Champions League Group Stage Wisla 0-2 Liverpool - Benayoun (9), Aquilani (18) - Through to the next round, I made a few changes to the side but we still dominated the game.

Liverpool 2-0 Blackburn Rovers - Riera (9), Torres (68) - Good performance to end the month at home.

Archived