FM 10: Ravel Morrison - the English Messi?

Well okay, not quite! But this kid is awesome.

In real life this guy is very highly rated from what I read. Apparently Henry Winter (Daily Telegraph football correspondant) rates him more highly than Jack Wilshere.

Here he is at the start of the game on patch 10.3:

RavelMorrison-2.png

RavelMorrison-3.png

He has a CA/PA of:

74/-9

He is only on a youth contract at the start so you can try and poach him away, the compensation fee is usually £800,000 potentially rising to £2 million. Good luck trying to lure him away from Man Utd at that early age though... may need to wait a couple of years to get him to another club.

Here he is coming towards the end of the 2013/14 season:

RavelMorrison.png

In that screenshot his CA is

so still a fair amount of room for improvement if you luck out with his PA. I've had him on SFraser's "Developing AM" schedule for a few seasons now, his improvements were slow at first but the last season and a half he has shot up.

I've retrained him to be Accomplished at AML. I also had him tutored by Jack Wilshere, from whom he learned the PPMs "Cuts Inside" and "Curls Ball". He's quite lethal cutting inside from the left and shooting for the far corner. He also has a habit of making some defense splitting through balls despite a pretty mediocre Passing stat.

Just to clarify before anyone starts, I cheated to get both Ravel and Wilshere at Luton. I had done a loooong game on 10.2 getting Luton to the top the hard way, so when 10.3 came out I just wanted to mess around with the great youngsters - if you play with Luton and don't cheat, by the time you can attract top talent the only youngsters left to develop are regens :(. So I edited Luton's training facilities and boosted/lowered reputations etc to sign good young English players just to see how they would turn out. I didn't touch their stats though, so any decent Premiership club should be able to get improvements like this. Hope that clears things up!

Anyone else had any experiences with this lad?

Cheers.

I haven't had any FM experience with him United Youth's editor Nick was quoted saying this on YG "he’s been really hyped by some English journos (think Henry Winter said he was a better prospect than Wilshere or Rodwell when he’d played about ten Under 18 games, ridiculous really." Too little to judge him on.

But he does look great. May I ask what his personality is?

I'm glad someone made a thread about Ravel. I'm in the third season in my Man Utd save on 10.3 and he hardly made any improvement. I have him on Tug's Training Schedules for Midfielders.

Anyway, he looks very good in that screenshot in Luton. :thup:

• 1 month later...
Nice work developing him :p Ive never been able to make him a first team player... Harry kane is my english messi hhahahaha

Ok, I regret ever saying this hahaha... Morrison became a first team regular for me and he is playing really well :)

morrison.jpg

My latest Man Utd save is based around making him amazing, I know he has the potential. I'm in the second season, and he's improved a little.

Have him tutored by a player that are more proffesional than him as his profesinalism ain't the best, and that have an effect on his developing.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm in my 2nd season, playing with Leyton Orient. I'm currently 2nd in the Championship with 5 games to go and my scout says to take a look. So I did, and saw his contract is expiring at the end of the season. I made him an offer and was shocked to see that he'd consider it, but I pulled out when I saw the compo required. I made a cheeky cash bid of £500k, which was rejected - they wanted £750k. i negotiated them down to £600k, and he'll be mine for season 3!!!

• 1 month later...

Ive tried to get Ravel to improve by giving him people to tutor him. But he just goes against it - says that it would be a waste of time. His begining to annoy me a bit, such a talent but wont listen, who do people get to tutor him?

He doesnt seem to improve at all with me.. I have him on a good training program and give him loads of 1st team games but in the past 2 seasons i havent seen one green mark up! I have gave him a good tutor still nothing.

when I signed him his CA was at 76 and its still at 76 lol

wasting my time I think!

Ive tried to get Ravel to improve by giving him people to tutor him. But he just goes against it - says that it would be a waste of time. His begining to annoy me a bit, such a talent but wont listen, who do people get to tutor him?

Riquelme was the best tutor I have ever got for morrison but could also try to use litmanem or petit, they were decent

Archived