FA Challenge FM2005 Update Thread [*Established Clan*]

andybanner2.jpg

Port Vale find life in Championship tougher than expected!

Port Vale's recent form suggests that they are finding it difficult to adapt to life in the Championship. With 7 games gone and still searching for their first win, Port Vale are showing no signs of proving the critics wrong. Their main problem has been their inability to score the goals to kill teams off. Five times this season they have been in a position to win games but have endeed with draws, manager Andy Silk will certainly have to sort this out if Port Vale are to survive.

Manager Andy Silk had this to say about his teams dire form;

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Well obviously I'm not pleased with the fact that we are yet to win a game at this level. But to be fair, a few of them games we could have won were it not for unfortunate circumstances. I'm confident that we can turn this run around and end the season still in this division. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There have been some major transfers into Port Vale for the start of this season and they are listed below;

Rene Aufhauser:- experienced Austrian international, who will add solidity and strenth to the centre midfield for the season.

Paraskevas Christou:- 24 year old central defender from Cyprus, he will give us some depth in the defense.

Gianluca Esposito:- Flying young left winger, who will hopefully slot into an area where Port Vale are short.

Floribert N'Galula:- Great young Belgium player who can play in central defense or midfield, a key player for Vale this season.

Filipe Falardo:- Portuguese attacking midfielder with a thunderbolt left foot.

Guiseppe Rossi:- The star of last seasons playoff final has rejoined Port Vale on loan for another season. He will be hoping to make as big an impact second time round.

Nils Georg Skutle:- One of 2 players who have joined on loan from Palace. He is a exciting left winger who can also play up-front.

Pique:- The second loan signig from Palace, a young defender with a great career ahead of him.

Abdeltareck Sakali:- french attacking sensation signed on loan from Blackburn, who will be looking to shoot the goals that take Port Vale up the table.

Geoffray Garnier, Teddy Flad, Marco Giannotti and Frank Rose:- 4 of the best young talent about, who will certainly feature for Port Vale in the future.

The results from the first 7 games of the season went as follows;

Port Vale 1-1 Barnsley

Coventry 1-0 Port Vale

Oxford 0-0 Port Vale

Port Vale 1-1 Luton

Burnley 0-0 Port Vale

Colchester 3-3 Port Vale

Port Vale 1-1 Bristol City

Port Vale 0-1 Hull

With Port Vale currently in 22nd in the Championship table, manager Andy Silk will have to start working the magic that got his team promoted last seaon, if Port Vale are to stay up this year. But only time will tell.

Until next time,

Andy Silk

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dalebanner4.jpg

Baggies Make Good Progress

West Brom have made a bright start to the season so far, and continue to build on results.

There have been no further additions to the squad due to the very high wage bill, so its straight onto the results.

West Brom 1 V QPR 0

This was quite an even game really but a Barry Nicholson strike in the 15th minute secured the points for Smurthwaite's team. Nothing much else happened to be honest.

Star Man - Chris Day (QPR)

West Brom 5 V Derby 1

The Baggies really showed what they are capable of here by hammering Derby. Not one West Brom player had a rating below 8 and Smurthwaite declared himself extremely pleased with the result. A brace each for Parker and Pahars aswell as Ceh's goal.

Star Man - Hosain Kaebi (West Brom)

West Brom 1 V Bolton 1 - League Cup 2nd ROund (Bolton Win On Penaltys)

Some penalty training is required at The Hawthorns as their two best penalty kickers both missed in a crucial shootout against Premiership Bolton. Smurthwaite was cursing his team's bad luck on this occasion. Perhaps the FA Cup will be more fruitful.

Star Man - Jamie Young (West Brom)

Barnsley 4 V West Brom 2

It was a trip back to Smurthwaite's old stomping groound here and I think he wished he hadn't. The team that Dale left behind was still very strong and outplayed West Brom on this meeting.

Star Man - Mendonca (Barnsley)

West Brom 1 V Port Vale 1

The first meeting of the two human managers in the Championship this season. A pretty even affair with Port Vale perhaps just the better team on the day. The return game will be interesting I think. Nicholson managed to get sent off after recieving two yellow cards.

Star Man - Nils Georg Skutle (Port Vale)

Oxford 1 V West Brom 3

A good win here to finish the session with. West Brom had three different scorers in the match so they are not relying on just one star striker to score their goals. That win takes them up to 5th in the table which couldn't be tighter at this stage.

Things are ticking along nicely for Smurthwaite and West Brom at the moment. Lets just hope they can keep it up through the whole season and get automatic promotion to the Premiership which ultimately the manager's aim this year.

Until my next report...

DS.

keithbanner.jpg

keith comes back into management with mk dons after a short period away

shrewsbury 2-2

torquay 1-3

northampton 0-1

swansea 0-2

colchester 2-0

leeds 2-2 league cup game lost on pens had chances to win close game

yeovil 1-3

wrexham 1-2

carlise 0-1

notts c 1-1

bury 1-1

walsall 1-1 ldv trophy lost in pens again

dag&red 0-1

mkdons manager has gone back to the drawing board to tinker with his tactics and to try and get more out of his players to at least get out of the relegation fight and maybe a slim chance of promotion spiurits are high in the camp

the board are ok considering the manager has spent 212,000 pound with no results as yet

but the manager is still looking for that killer striker to bring in the goals he needs for victory

raybanner2.jpg

Brighton are keeping up with the pace setters.

With 9 game's played in the league we currently sit 4th in the table, We are very optimistic about our chance's of automatic promotion this season icon14.gif .

I also made some signings since you last heard from me and those were:

In

Adam Hunt.... Free transfare

Leon Platt.... Free transfare

Darren Banks.... Free transfare

Iain Turner from Barnet for 100k

Some players also left the club and those were:

Out

Darren Banks to Mallorca for 500k

Charley Hearn to Inverness CT for 22k

Now for what you have been waiting for, Some game's.

Results

Scunthorpe 1 vs 3 Brighton

Brighton 1 vs 0 Blackpool

Oldham 2 vs 3 Brighton

Brighton 2 vs 1 Luton (League Cup 1st round)

Brighton 1 vs 1 Hartlepool

Cambridge 0 vs 2 Brighton[/b

Brentford 1 vs 1 Brighton

Coventry 3 vs 0 Brighton (League Cup 2nd round)

Brighton 2 vs 0 Bristol Rovers

Brighton 0 vs 1 Brentford (LDV Trophy southern 1st round)

Crewe 1 vs 0 Brighton

Now all we need to do is keep up this good run of form which has seen us lose only one game in the league this season and we will be there at the end of the season.

Next up for Brighton is a home game against Doncaster who have won every game so far so should be a good game.

Till next time.

Ray

icon_smile.gif

maccabanner2.jpg

MACARI'S SIDE STAKE THERE CLAIM!!!!!

After 12 games played Macari's Crewe have certianly staked there claim for a place in the English Championship next season,The team has begun to gel quite nicely with a few star perfomers standing out!

Alan O'Brien has gathered himslef some admieres,Hull City & Middlesboroughhave both been spotted watching the quick winger over the last few weeks,but Macari has been adimant in his echo's that O'Brien,one of the key factors for his team's rise up the League table this season,would not be going anywhere just yet and it would take an outradgeous offer to make him think about letting the young Irish man leave the Alexandra Stadium.

THIS IS A NON-DETAILED RUN DOWN OF RESULTS SO FAR.

2 - 0 Oldham

1 - 2 Hartlepool

1 - 0 Halifax

1 - 0 Brighton

1 - 1 Brentford

0 - 0 Bristol Rovers

3 - 0 Cambridge

1 - 2 Doncaster

0 - 0 Rochdale

1 - 0 Rushden & Diamonds

1 - 1 Northampton

1 - 0 Gillingham

maccabanner2.jpg

Well things are looking good down at The alexandra Stadium at the moment,there is still a long way to go.But with Crewe sitting in 2nd place,in one of the auto-matic promotion places.Macari is very optimistic about the way the current season is shaping up!

Untill next time!

Mac 10!

dalebanner4.jpg

West Brom Continue Good Form

The Baggies are marching on towards the Premiership next season and as Christmas approches, things have never looked better for Dale Smurthwaite.

The last game that was reported on (against Oxford) was the start of a 9 game unbeaten run, with the first 8 of those being wins. Unfortunately, a very strong Birmingham side ended the run, but things have started off again.

West Brom 2 V Luton 0

Burnley 0 V West Brom 1

Cardiff 0 V West Brom 2 - (Televised Game)

West Brom 2 V Hull 0

West Brom 3 V Bristol City 0

Ipswich 1 V West Brom 5

West Brom 2 V West Ham 0

A good victory here for The Baggies with Parker and Pahars on target for Smurthwaite's team.

Star Man - Damien Johnson (West Brom)

Coventry 1 V West Brom 1 - (Televised Game)

This was a very tough match for both sides, but Coventry definately had the upper hand, they just couldn't finish the game. Credit to West Brom for defending well though.

Birmingham 4 V West Brom 1 - (Televised Game)

What a game to have on the telly. Birmingham were very good here and The Baggies never really got a look in. Things will have to improve if West Brom are to compete against teams like Birmingham week in week out in the Premiership.

Star Man - David Dunn (Birmingham)

West Brom 2 V Sheffield Weds 0

After the disappointment against Birmingham, the West Brom players picked themselves back off the ground and bounced back with a confident win over The Owls. Djimi Traore scored his first ever goal in a West Brom shirt and manager Smurthwaite was delighted for him.

Star Man - Nastja Ceh (West Brom)

Stoke 0 V West Brom 2

Another confident performance from Smurthwaite's men and West Brom now sit proudly at the top of the Championship and are 4 points clear of Middlesbrough who seem to be having a resurgence in form of late. Sami Hyypia scored his first ever goal for West Brom. The defenders are having a real time of it at the moment.

Star Man - Leandro Romagnoli (West Brom)

So thats us up to date, dear readers, and we are now exactly half way through the season. West Brom have to maintain their form for the second half of the season or risk throwing all their hard work away. Lets hope they can do it. More to follow soon...

In related news, West Brom manager Dale Smurthwaite has given some encouragement to fellow human manager Andy Silk of Port Vale. Silk's team are really struggling just now in the Championship, but Smurthwaite has taken time out of his busy schedule to give some much needed confidence to Mr Silk.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">"I wish Andy all the best in his quest for survival this season and if anyone can keep Port Vale in the Championship, its him." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Until my next report...

DS.

http://www.fachallenge.co.uk/images/keithbanner.jpg

mkdons manager deciding to switch tactics he is waiting for the players to get used to the new system to get the results needed to get out of the relegation battle they see them selves in at the moment

with a good 2-0 win against swansea

followed by 2 defeats

1-0&1-0 against torquay and northampton

with job status not looking to clever keith needs results before he gets the dreaded sack

raybanner2.jpg

Brighton stuck in the playoffs again.

With plenty of games left we are Confident we can overtake either Crewe or Doncaster and take one of those auto promotion spots.

A run down of recent results:

Brighton 2 vs 0 Doncaster

Rushden 0 vs 2 Brighton

Brighton 1 vs 1 York

Bradford 2 vs 1 Brighton

Brighton 0 vs 0 Gillingham

Brighton 0 vs 0 Millwall

Hednesford 0 vs 3 Brighton (F.A Cup 1st round)

Swindon 0 vs 0 Brighton

Preston 4 vs 3 Brighton

Brighton 2 vs 1 Rotherham

Walsall 0 vs 4 Brighton (F.A Cup 2nd round)

Walsall 1 vs 3 Brighton

Brighton 3 vs 0 Huddersfield

Tranmere 1 vs 1 Brighton

Brighton 3 vs 0 Chesterfeild

Wycombe 0 vs 3 Brighton

Chelsea 1 vs 0 Brighton (F.A Cup 3 round)

Brighton 3 vs 0 Scunthorpe

Waford 1 vs 1 Brighton

In one of his 1st interviews Ray Robson spoke to Jan Nichols from the Brighton Star.

He said the following:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">We are going up Crewe and Doncaster will be brushed aside, We are the best in this league there is no doubt about that, Now all the best to my fellow managers icon_wink.gif. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There you have it from Ray Robson himself, The man has such confidence in his own and his teams ability it makes me proud to say i am a Brighton Fan.

Thats it from me then till next time, Where hopefully we will have secured promotion to the Championship.

Come on the Brighton icon14.gif.

icon_smile.gif

dalebanner4.jpg

SHOCK NEWS! - Smurthwaite Leaves High Flying Baggies!

Promising West Brom manager Dale Smurthwaite has left the club in a shock move to struggling Premiership team Everton. Smurthwaite was on the verge of taking West Brom to the Premiership for next season and has left purely for financial reasons. His move may have been a bit hasty though as he is unable to bring any more players to Everton as the transfer window has closed to Premiership teams.

dalebanner.jpg

Dale did manage to grab one player from West Brom before he left though :

PLAYERS IN

DC - Philippe Senderos - £500k from West Brom

He also bought two other players before the transfer window closed for the season:

FRLC - Derek Riordan - £4.2M from Celtic

GK - Kasper Schmeichel - £3.1M from Man City

So far there have been no departures from the club, but there certainly will be as Smurthwaite will look to refine his squad for next season.

However, it remains to be seen if Smurthwaite can keep the Premiership strugglers in the top flight as they are having some trouble getting any points at the moment and with Wigan only 3 points behind them with 2 games in hand, Everton may still go down. Its up to Smurthwaite to get a couple of results in the next 9 games to secure survival.

Results So Far Under Smurthwaite's Leadership

Everton 0 V Crystal Palace 0

A half decent result to start off with as many expected Everton to fall under James Woodward's strong Palace side. A point is better than nothing at this stage of the season.

Star Man - Richard Wright (Everton)

Tottenham 4 V Everton 0

An expected result here as Everton struggled for a first team. Many injuries at the moment and form is not so good. Hopefully it will turn around soon.

Star Man - Teemu Taino (Tottenham)

Everton 0 V Newcastle 2

Newcastle were the better side here, but both teams went down to 10 men after two very rash challenges from both players. Everton never looked like scoring though after The Magpies dominated the game.

Star Man - John Heitinga (Newcastle)

With Everton's next match being a home game against mid table Blackburn, Smurthwaite will be hoping for a result or face the possibility of passing old team West Brom on the way down to the Championship; and what a sore feeling that would be.

Until my next report...

DS.

raybanner2.jpg

Brighton are standing still, We had the hope we had the belief but still we cant get one of those auto promotion spots. We are Standing still!

Now for a quick round up of the fixture's

Blackpool 1 vs 0 Brighton

Brighton 5 vs 0 Oldham

Hartlepool 3 vs 0 Brighton

Brighton 2 vs 0 Cambridge

Brighton 1 vs 1 Brentford

Shock at Brighton as highly respected manager Raymond Robson resigns his position to take up a post at West Brom.

Robson give an explanation to the Star after his departure:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">This was one of the hardest decisions i have ever had to make. But in the world of football such decisions have to be made, This was a opportunity i just could not turn down i am very sorry to the Brighton fans i never wanted to leave but when a job comes up like this one i would have been stupid to turn it down it was a once in a lifetime opportunity. I wish the Brighton Fan's the team and my former chairman Dick Knight all the best for the future icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There you have it a very a very emotional Ray Robson as he left Brighton, I for one would like to wish Mr Robson all the best in his future employment, Signing off for the last time my name is Jan Nichols from the Brighton Star.

raybanner.jpg

After new manager Ray Robson flies into the Hawthorns he had this to say to the press.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I have come here for one reason and that is to get his wonderful club back into the Premiership where we belong, I look forward to taking over from where Dale Smurthwaite left this club and i will be taking this clubs to new heights so strap yourself in and enjoy the ride. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Results and transfer's to follow in my next post.

Till next time.

icon_smile.gif

maccabanner2.jpg

GENERAL CREWE NEWS

With the merry-go-round that is Football Managnent,the last few weeks has seen a lot of managerial changes & with two more looking likely the trends seems to be continuing.On that note Crewe chairman John Bowler was quick to call a meeting with up & coming manager Gordon Macari. Bowler seemed worried that Macari may be attracted to some big money offer from another club,Now without going into detail about the entire meeting,Bowler asks Macari what does he see for his and more importantly Crewe's future...?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Crewe's future is my future! i dont want to be aywhere else,i dont want to manage any other club! The amount of effort and money you have given me to make this club a success deserves more credit than you get.The fans of this wonderful town have made me feel at home here,And i will garentee you one thing.....Crewe will play Premiership football & i will be the manager in charge! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

With Macari's Crewe future sealed and signed,it was Macari's turn to tlak about future's......his players.After strong intrest from Middlesborough,Leeds were next to come calling for the signature of Crewe's impressive Winger Alan O'Brien,Macari sent a resalute NO to Leeds and anyone else thinking of trying to nick one of Macari's prized asset! This brought a suprizingly negative response from the player......

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> No player should be kept at a club agaiest there will! While i understand im under contract at Crewe,if a club like Leeds comes along the bid must be considered ! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Macari si belived to have called a meeting with this player and several other to reitarate the future of this club depends on keeping its best players and to achieve the goal of Premiership football,This has been reported to have had a magnificant reaction with the squad and more importantly Alan O'Brien.So here's hoping these two can rebuild there relationship and get on with the task of taking this marvalous club to its deserved place in England's top flight.

maccabanner2.jpg

Now on to results:

Crewe have seen a fantastic run of results send them n to 2nd place,two points of top spot with a game in hand. Wins over Brighton,Draws with sides like Huddersfield & top team Doncaster have seen Crewe cement there place in the top sx places.

The FA Cup has been a great ditraction from league business for Macari and his side,the league one outfit have done amazingly well in the compition this season,Beating Preston 2 - 1,4th placed Championship side Coventry were next to be toppled by Crewe in a very bad tempered game which seen 3! Red cards (Two for Crewe,One for Coventry) Crewe won the match 2 - 1 with nine men after a stunning winner from Polish midfeilder Zeon Aleska. The 5th round of the draw was both kind and cruel to Crewe,While handing them a glamerous home tie,some people think that it would have been better to get one of the so called 'Weaker' teams to improve chances of progression,But Macari being Macari had something to say......

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Well some people say we should have been hoping to get a smaller club in this round,but im delighted to get the chance to test myself as are the players! Now those who think we are gonna be rolled over better think again,Remember they have got a busy shedule that week....plus! They have to come to the Alexandra! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well thats about it just now,My next reort will be a comprehensive re-cap of the season and deatiled report of our League 1 winner's party!!!

Till next time......'Mac 10' Out!

michaelbanner2.jpg

Huddersfield News and Results

News: Manager Michael Cahill has been very bust in the past few weeks, not only has he been trying and seemingly faling to win Huddersfield a League One Play-Off place he has been finalising many transfers that will go through in the summer transfer window. We havent been able to find out who the players that Cahill is bringing in as the big boss is keeping his cards close to his chest. Cahill has said: <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> There will be around 9 or 10 free transfers coming in but i dont want to spill the beans on who they are as the buzz around the club with people trying to find out who the players are is absolutley amazing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Also many fans are said to be worried that Cahill is looking to leave the club to futher his managment career, there has been many roumors flying around the place that Cahill has applied for many of the jobs that have came available recently. When questioned on this issue Cahill only said: <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Look, were coming to the end of the season and were still in contention to steal a Play-Off place, i wont be drawn on speculation on my position at the club at this moment in time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> With Cahill saying this, fans and players alike are seemingly worried that Cahill's time at Huddersfield is coming to an end, although with Cahil bringing in many players for next season it would be unlikley that he would leave his job half done.

Results.

Last 15 results,

Huddersfield 0-0 Gillingham - Draw

Preston 0-0 Huddersfield - Draw

Huddersfield 0-0 Millwall - Draw

Swindon 2-1 Huddersfield - Loss

Walsall 0-0 Huddersfield - Draw

Rotherham 0-0 Huddersfield - Draw

Cambridge 2-2 Huddersfield - Draw

Huddersfield 0-0 Tranmere - Draw

Chesterfield 1-0 Huddersfield - Loss

Huddersfield 1-1 Watford - Draw

Wycombe 0-1 Huddersfield - Win

Huddersfield 2-0 Scunthorpe - Win

Blackpool 0-3 Huddersfield - Win

Huddersfield 0-0 Oldham - Draw

Hartlepool 1-1 Huddersfield - Draw

So far this season - P-42 W-12 L-11 D-19 PTS-55, 6 games to play and 10 points off the Play-Offs so its still possible.

Until next time when i'll be revealing my Future Transfers, GOOD BYE icon_smile.gif

andybanner2.jpg

Port Vale continue to struggle as the end of season looms!

With Port Vale nearing the end of a tough frist season in the Champinoship they find themselves in amongst a tight battle for safety. They are currently in 23rd position and are only 2 points off safety, but with only 4 more games to play this season it is sure to be a close finish. With only 6 wins all season it is very evident that Port Vale have found the transition to a higher level of football a lot tougher than they expected. Their main problem throughout the season has been their inability to score the goals to kills teams off, this has resulted in them drawing games they should have won. With a new record run of 14 games without victory this season Port Vale will count themselves very lucky if they do manage to survive. The only real highlight of a terrible season so far has been holding Premiership Portsmouth to a draw in the 3rd round of the FA Cup. With funds tight at Port Vale, manager Andy Silk was forced to sell star man Billy Paynter to fund some new signings, and although this was met with dismay by the fans, the new signings have enabled Port vale to at least a give themselves chance at safety.

During the season there have been 5 new arrivals at Vale Park;

Richard Page:- A young defender signed from Man Utd for 55k. One for the future for sure.

Marc Bridge-Wilkinson:- A veteran attacking midfielder who gives us a different option in midfield. Signed for 10k.

Kjell Andre Thu:- An exciting amc with a rocket shot. Signed from Brighton for 16k.

Haruna Babagida:- Explosive right sided winger who gives Vale a different attacking option to Modino on th right wing. Signed for 30k.

Leon Knight:- A proven goalscorer who has got goals at every club he has been at. Signed for 50k and he will hopefully shot the goals to keep Port Vale up.

The results up until the 11th of April 2009 were as follows;

Ipswich 3-0 Port Vale

Cardiff 2-0 Port Vale

Port Vale 1-2 Wolves

Port Vale 1-1 West Ham

West Brom 1-1 Port Vale

Port Vale 3-2 Birmingham

Sheff Wed 3-1 Port Vale

Port Vale 1-0 Stoke

Port Vale 0-0 Notts Forest

Reading 2-2 Port Vale

Leeds 3-0 Port Vale

Port Vale 0-1 Plymouth

Middlesborough 2-0 Port Vale

Port Vale 0-0 Sheff Utd

Derby 3-2 Port Vale

Port Vale 3-0 Sunderland

QPR 3-0 Port Vale

Barnsley 3-2 Port Vale

Luton 3-1 Port Vale

Port Vale 0-0 Coventry

Port Vale 0-0 Portsmouth

Port Vale 0-0 Oxford

Port Vale 0-1 Burnley

Portsmouth 5-1 Port Vale

Bristol City 4-1 Port Vale

Port Vale 0-2 Cardiff

Hull 3-0 Port Vale

Port Vale 0-2 Ipswich

Birmingham 1-1 Port Vale

West Ham 1-1 Port Vale

Port Vale 1-1 West Brom

Port Vale 2-2 Sheff Wed

Stoke 2-1 Port Vale

Port Vale 1-0 Leeds

Notts Forest 0-0 Port Vale

Port Vale 0-2 Reading

Plymouth 3-1 Port Vale

Port Vale 1-0 Middlesborough

Manager Andy Silk was asked to comment on his sides chances of survival but refused to give an answer. He is clearly a man feeling the pressure of trying to keep Port vale in the Championship.

With 4 fixtures against Sheff Utd, Derby, Sunderland and QPR to go Port Vale have a tough task to avoid the drop. But as they proved last season, anything is possible and they will continue to give their all until the very end of the season.

Until next time,

Andy Silk

xxx

dalebanner.jpg

Everton Prepare For Relegation

The Toffees look to be heading down a division next season after a dismal run of form. Manager Dale Smurthwaite appears to be unhappy at Goodison Park and is perhaps regretting his decision to leave West Brom.

Due to the closure of the Premiership transfer window, there have been no transfers at Everton so its straight on with the results.

Everton 0 V Blackburn 3

Another poor display from Smurthwaite's team here as the drop looks more and more certain. Everton just couldn't get the ball on target and Blackburn punished them for it with a brace from James Beattie.

Star Man - Matei Mirel Radoi (Blackburn)

Portsmouth 5 V Everton 2

This was an abysmal result for Smurthwaite and Everton as they crashed to a mediocre Portsmouth side. Again, the Toffees' finishing was poor and Pompey's Lua Lua ran the show.

Star Man - Lomana LuaLua (Portsmouth)

Everton 1 V Norwich 0

A welcome win here that kept Everton's survival hopes alive. Even though Norwich had most of the game, Morten Gamst Pedersen's goal gave Everton some much needed points.

Star Man - Michael Lamey (Norwich)

Aston Villa 2 V Everton 1

Another nightmare game for Smurthwaite here as he watched his team get overrun for the whole match. Everton did manage a consolation goal from Pedersen but one isn't enough at this level.

Star Man - Richard Wright (Everton)

-----------------

NEWSFLASH!

Oh wait, I'm just getting a newsflash in my earpiece...I don't believe it, Everton manager Dale Smurthwaite has quit the club! After only 70 days in charge at Goodison Park, Smurthwaite has taken the vacant post at White Hart Lane and Tottenham Hotspur. I'm still in shock. I can't believe it, I really can't. Well, this football lark just gets more bizarre by the day.

Smurthwaite will now miss out on some great players that were on their way to Everton next season. The likes of Diego Forlan, Luis Fabiano, and Arsenal's Lauren. However, with relegation almost certain for Everton, I can't see those players wanting to stay there long.

dalebanner2.jpg

Smurthwaite Relishes Spurs Opportunity

Tottenham Hotspur revealed Dale Smurthwaite as their new manager today after the departure of Jupp Heynckes. Spurs chairman Daniel Levy welcomed Smurthwaite to the club saying :

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I believe Dale is the best man for the job and we have been watching his prgress with Everton where he was clearly managing a club below his own abilities as a manager. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

With the Board's confidence behind him, surely Smurthwaite can do something with this talented Spurs squad. However, there is one problem. The wgae bill is an astronomical £177,000 over its weekly budget and we may see some big names leaving White Hart Lane in order to control the finances.

Smurtwaite has only led the club in one match so far and here is the result.

Tottenham 3 V Wigan 1

A good start to Smurthwaite's time here as Spurs dominated the game. Things will not get much easier than this.

Star Man - Hugo Viana (Tottenham)

With Spurs' next game away to big guns Chelsea, Smurthwaite will be hoping for a result so solidify the Board's faith in him. Onwards and upwards for Dale Smurthwaite.

Until my next report...

DS.

raybanner.jpg

Testing time at the Hawthorns, With my side not playing aswell as we would of liked we are only 3rd, I did manage too get a few signings in and they are:

Transfers in

Ben Watson, A star of the future i hold very high hopes for him bought for 525k from southampton.

Phil Cave, Another one for the future bought for 50k from Brighton

There have also been one player who left the club and he was Kevin Savage who i sold to Altrincham for 95k.

We all love to get off to a good start and we did just that in our 1st game against Oxford, It was a suberb performance from Robson's men as we had them from start to finish, It could have been more but 2-0 would have to do the two goals came from Parker and Porarinsson and man of the match went to Hosain Kaebi.

West Brom 1 vs 0 Sheff Utd (F.A Cup 5th round)

West Brom 1 vs 1 Barnsley

Port Vale 1 vs 1 West Brom

Luton 0 vs 1 West Brom

West Brom 0 vs 0 Burnley

West Brom 0 vs 2 Newcastle Utd (F.A Cup 6th round)

Bristol City 1 vs 3 West Brom

West Brom 2 vs 1 Cardiff

Hull 1 vs 3 West Brom

West Brom 0 vs 0 Ipswich

West Ham 1 vs 1 West Brom

With only 1 point keeping us from going top and only 4 game's left to go in the season we are very hopefull we will go up.

So till next time where hopefully i will be bringing news of a Premiership bound West Brom.

icon_smile.gif

maccabanner2.jpg

The Season Comes To A Close

Well another loing season comes to a halt for Crewe and Macri! At least this year was slightly more fulfilling than last year,This season has seen Crewe change almost the whole squad under Macari,and the results have clearly shown this change to be a great success. Performances from some of the squad has been out of this world in all honestly and thus has attracted interest from bigger clubs,although ive been ensured by Macari that none will be leaving.

Results Rundown

Crewe 0 - 1 Chelsea (FA Cup 5th Round)

Brighton 0 - 0 Crewe

Bristol Rovers 0 - 2 Crewe

Crewe 1 - 0 Brentford

Crewe 2 - 0 Cambridge

Crewe 0 - 0 Doncaster

Rushden 0 - 2 Crewe

Crewe 1 - 0 York

Watford 0 - Crewe 2

Crewe 5 - 0 Gillingham

Bradford City 0 - 2 Crewe

Preston 2 - 1 Crewe

Crewe 2 - 1 Millwall

Swindon 2 - 2 Crewe

Crewe 1 - 0 Rotherham

Walsall 0 - 2 Crewe

Crewe 1 - 0 Hudderfield

Now apart from the FA Cup run being ended by money bags Chelsea,in which Crewe put up on hell of a fight,with a stunnig left footed volly from Robert Huth breaking all the Crewe fans hearts,Even Jose Moruinho had to admit he was very impressed by Crewe and there manager,saying " It wont be too long before we see Creweplaying there football in the Premiership ". Now with the FA Cup dream over for another season Crewe could concetrate on League matters. The FA Cup hangover came into play in there first game after the Chelsea tie,As Crewe fought out for a 0 - 0 draw with high-flying Brighton. From then on in crewe went on an unbelevible run on form, Macari's men went Ten games unbeaten and ten games without conceding a goal!!! All credit must go to goalkeeper Ali Al-Habsi and his defense.This run of from propelled Crewe to the tp of the league where they stayed untill And on Saturday the 18th of April Crewe where confirmed as League 1 Champion's with a 1 - 0 victory over Rotherham.

uefacup.jpg

maccabanner3.jpg

The Quest Is On!!!

The Crewe board and fans were togethor i celebrating this succes and both party's give full credit to manager Gordon Macari. Macari was happy to celebrate but wanted to get to work straight away for next season such is his determination to get this team to the premiership.

Macari's Team Report

Fans Player Of The Year : Alan O'Brien

Top Goalscorer : Michael Chopra

Highest League Position : 1st In League One

Highest Attendence : 10105 v Chelsea FA Cup 5th Round

Highest Gate Recipts : £200,000 v Chelsea FA Cup 5th Round

Average Attendance : 9221

PLAYERS.

Most Assists : Michael Chopra 11

Highest Average Rating : Alan O'Brien 7.81 (35 apps)

Most MOM : Alan O'Brien 9

Well with the new season upon us Macari si casting his eye far and wide,using all his contacts to secrue players cabable of securing Premiership football,He has been in contact with a few agents and has tabled a few contacts.

We will give our full pre-season report once these signings have been comfirmed and once we are near the start of what we hope will be another glourious season down at the Alexandra Stadium.

Till next time.......'Mac 10' OUT!

raybanner.jpg

Well a lot has happened for the Baggies since last time i was here and its all good news.

I have a few results to tell you about 1st before i get too the good news so here they are.

Results

West Brom 4 vs 0 Coventry

West Brom 0 vs 0 Birmingham

Sheff Wed 0 vs 4 West Brom

West Brom 3 vs 1 Stoke

Thats the final results for the season.

Now for the good news.

raybanner2.jpg

West Brom back in the big time

For the 1st time since 1911 West Brom have clinched the Championship title, Yes you heard that right we are the champions.

champtrophy.jpg

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">This is for the fans and My chairman Jeremy Peace </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now for some stats on the Baggies amazing season icon14.gif.

Season Stats

Highest Attendance: 30494 against Derby

Average Attendance: 28486

Biggest Win: 5-1 at home to Derby

Biggest Defeat: 5-2 away to Reading

Most Games Won in Row: 8

Most Games Lost in a Row: 2

Most Games Without Losing: 10

Most Games Without Winning: 5

Top Goalscorer: Keigan Parker with 35 goals

Top League Goalscorer: Keigan Parker with 28 goals

Most Goals in a Match: 3 goals by Marian Pahars

Most Assists: 17 by Hosain Kaebi

Highest Average Rating: Hosain Kaebi with an avarage of 7.87 from 46 apps

Most MoM's: 10 by Hosain Kaebi

Worst Discipline: Hosain Kaebi with 14 yellows and 1 red card

Youngest Player: Liam Everitt aged 18yrs old

Oldest Player: Sami Hyypia aged 35

Fans Player of the Year: Keigan Parker

Well thats it till next time where i will be telling you about the changes i will be making to make sure we are a success in the Premiership.

dalebanner2.jpg

--Turbulent Season Ends For Smurthwaite--

After a season of much chnage for current Tottenhan Hotspur manager Dale Smurthwaite, it looks as if he has finally settled in London. There are four games to catch up on from the tail end of the season, before I report on the important things icon_wink.gif

Chelsea 1 V Tottenham 3

A very even game here that Spurs had to win if they wanted any chance of European football next season. A nice brace from Defoe and a goal from Kuryani sealed the win for Smurthwaite's new team and he was very happy about beating the mighty Chelsea.

Star Man - Jermain Defoe (Tottenham)

Tottenham 2 V Charlton 1

Although SPurs dominated the whole match, it took a last gasp injury time goal to give Smurthwaite's side the deserved win. Europe is within their grasp, but with games against Arsenal and Liverpool to finish the season with, it could all go pear shaped.

Star Man - Joe Booth (Charlton)

Arsenal 6 V Tottenham 1

It was noticed by a Spurs fan after this match that manager Dale Smurthwaite was seen to be crying into his post match Jack Daniels after Mikael Forsell tore Spurs apart for 90 minutes. Even though he was being tightly man marked by the Spurs defence, he was just unstoppable and full credit to him. European football now hangs on the last game of the year, but it doesn't look hopeful with Liverpool on form at the moment.

Star man - Mikael Forsell (Arsenal)

Tottenham 0 V Liverpool 1

A 5th minute Djibril Cisse goal was all Liverpool could muster to take the 3 points and therefore Spurs will not be in Europe next season. However, Smurthwaite was pleased with his team's performance so far while he had been in charge.

Star Man - Paul Robinson (Spurs)

--END OF SEASON REPORT--

We have with us, Tottenham Hotspur manager Dale Smurthwaite who has agreed to answer a few questions after the end of a tough season for him.

NK - Hi Dale

DS - Hello again Nosmo.

NK - So you have moved clubs twice in the last 3 months, any reason in particular for this?

DS - To be honest with you, I was feeling a bit lost. I was doing very well at West Brom and a Premiership club take a look at you, now who in their right mind could turn down an opportunity to manage a top flight club, especially one with Everton's history.

NK - You are probably right there, but things weren't going to well with Everton from the start were they?

DS - I inherited a good team, but their form and morale were very low and they just couldn't seem to get the results on the pitch because of it. I'm glad they managed to survive relegation though, a team of their stature deserves to be in the Premiership.

NK - So in stepped Tottenham Hotspur. Are you pleased to be there? and perhaps a bit more settled?

DS - The team I am going to have for next season is gonna be something that top managers will be jealous of. I have already secured the signatures of Milan Baros and Florent Sinama-Pongolle. I hope to lure Miichael Owen back to the Premiership with us, and even if we get him, I will still be looking to add one or two more quality players to my squad.

NK - So all in all you're pleased with how things have turned out for you?

DS - Yes Nosmo I am, and I hope to be answering some more of your questions soon, but I've really got to go, Ashley Cole is waiting for me in a hotel restaurant icon_wink.gif We'll speak soon.

NK - Well thanks Dale, I appreciate any time you give me.

So some confident words from Dale Smurthwaite there and very optimistic also. I believe that Smurthwaite can turn around Tottenham Hotspur's fortunes and take this great club back where it belongs. Good luck.

Until my first report of the new season is ready, I will leave you with some team stats from Smurthwaite's last season.

Nosmo king signing off...

--Tottenham Hotspur Facts & Figures - 2008/09 Season--

Highest Attendance: 36225 against Crystal Palace - Premiership Match

Average Attendance: 33515

Biggest Win: 4-0 at home to Everton - Premiership Match

Biggest Defeat: 6-1 away to Arsenal - Premiership Match

Most Games Won In A Row: 7 - 17.8.2008-16.9.2008

Most Games Lost In A Row: 4 - 12.3.2009-04.04.2009

Most Games Without Losing: 16 - 12.7.2008-25.9.2008

Most Games Without Winning: 8 - 26.10.2008-27.11.2008

Top Goalscorer: Jermain Defoe - 17 Goals

Most Goals in a Match: 3 - Mounir El Hamdaoui

Most Assists: 16 - Andres D'Alessandro

Highest Average Rating: Andres D'Alessandro - 7.89 (53 Appearances)

Most MoM's: Andres D'Alessandro - 10

Worst Discipline: Ledley King - 10 Yellow & 0 Red Cards

Fans Player of the Year: Andres D'Alessandro

Pre-season report to follow soon...

Until then...

DS.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dunga99:

Well done Gordon you won the uefa cup with Crewe or at least that’s what the picture of the trophy is icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LMAO!I did tell them it wasnt the right cup,i was just desparte for a pic of a cup and thought it looked cool! lol, BTW saw your last report m8,good work! Good result againest Man U

keithbanner.jpg

After mkdons survived a relegation battle.

Keith tinker is convinced he has the squad to get promotion this season.

Even though he needs to get the wage bill down.

With the first two games of this campaign away

to-

chester

scunthorpe

Time will tell if they have what it takes to get promotion in this tough league.

michaelbanner2.jpg

Last Few Results And My Latest Signings

Results

Huddersfield 0-1 Brighton - Loss

Brentford 3-3 Huddersfield - Loss

Huddersfield 0-1 Bristol Rovers - Loss

Crew 1-0 Huddersfield - Loss

P-46 W-12 D-20 L-14 For-45 Against-43 GD+2 Pts-56 Final Position-14th

All in All it was an up and down season, had i turned some of those 20 draws into wins it would have been a lot better. Last season i finished 15th so i guess this season was an improvement. Im hoping to maybe get into the Play-Offs next season and with the transfers i have made i think it is a definate posibility, so here are the players who i have signed so far;

Transfers

In

Marian Kurty - From Ruzomberok - Free

John Fitzgerald - From Blackburn - Free

Lee Barnard - From Tottenham - Free

Adam Green - From Fulham - Free

Volkan Kahraman - From LASK - Free

Mark Hudson - From Chesterfield - Free

Claude Davis - From Preston - Free

Mark Ricketts- From Charlton - Free

Julio Cesar - From Gillingham - Free

Gary Parker - From Bristol Rovers - £500k

Stern John - From Chesterfield - Free

Out

Jerome Bonnissel - Free Transfer

Steve Baird - Free Transfer

Tony McDonald - Free Transfer

Mark Hay - Free Transfer

Darren Ellis - Free Transfer

Chris Parker - Free Transfer

Adam Boyd - To Chester - £150k

Pawel Abbott - To Boston United

So there we go im going into this season with high hopes and am going for a Play-Off place, i think with the players i have signed and the players i already have we have a strong team. All i need to do different from last season is to not draw as many games and not concede as many goals, its easy to say that but im shure me and my team can do it.

Wish me luck icon14.gif

Until next time, Good Bye icon_smile.gif

maccabanner3.jpg

Season 2009/10

Well jsut as the last season ends,a blink of the eyes later and the new season is upon us,there have been a few addition's to the Crewe squad. Here is a rundown of the in's & out's so far this season.

Transfers In

Emerse Fae DMC Free Transfer

Scott Carson GK Free Transfer

Rasmus Wurtz DMC Free Transfer

Abdeltareck Sakali STK Free Transfer

Ryan Jarvis FRLC Free Transfer

Robbie Savage DMC Free Transfer

Mika Vayrynen AMC Free Transfer

Macari will be hoping that these lads can bring premiership football to this great club,players like Robbie Savage,Macari hope has the experience to lend some advice to the younger members of the squad so they can get through this long and tasking season.

Now the season has started so il give you a rundown of results:

Results So Far...

Crewe 2 - 1 Cardiff

Kruger 6 mins,Fae 8 mins

MOM : Robbie Savage

Stoke 2 - 0 Crewe

MOM : Russell (Stoke)

Crewe 2 - 0 Middlesbrough

Chopra 31 mins,48 mins

MOM : Parnaby (Middlesbrough)

Nottm Forest 0 - 1 Crewe

Savage 54 mins

MOM : Morgan

Crewe 4 - 1 Bristol City (League Cup 1st Rnd)

Chopra 3 mins,22 mins,57 mins

O'Brien 25 mins

MOM : Chopra

Crewe 0 - 0 Bolton

MOM : Gresko (Bolton)

Thats how its panned out so far,so after playing a couple of big games already and getting some creditable results like beating Middlesbrough 2 - 0 & getting a 0 - 0 with Bolton,Crewe find themselves sitting in 5th place,all be it only 5 games have been played Macari has to be hoping his team can keep this up and claim either a play-off place or even better a auto-promtion place.

Till next time...............'Mac 10,Out!'

raybanner2.jpg

West Brom make an unbeaten start to life in the Premiership

Not a lot of people expected us to be still unbeaten at this early stage of the season, I did though as did our players and we will strive to make our first season back in the Premiership a success icon14.gif.

With the right changes we can do very well this season and to make sure those changes happened i went out and signed the following players:

Players in

Lass Staw Bought from Brighton for 350k.

Degan Sankovic Bought from Maribor for 975k

Michael Douglas Bought from Hearts for 250k

Massimo Maccarone From free transfer

Dimitris Thanopoulos From free transfer

Samir Nasri From free transfer

Phil Neville From free Transfer

Daniel Sturridge From free transfer

Umberto Di Lorenzo From Ac Milan for 1.3mil

Eric Djemba Djemba From free Transfer

Tonino Sorrentino From Parma for free

Sergio Garcia From free Transfer

Danko Lazovic From Feyenoord for free

Riccardo Montolivo From Atalanta For free

Andy Van Der Meyde From Inter for free

I also had to let a few players go to balance the books and those were:

Players out

Sami Hyypia to Sheff Utd for free

Adam Stevenson to Stone Dominoes for 1k

Chris Jordan to Gainsborough 7k

James Hill to Rangers for 500k

Stephan Andersen to Bristol City for 300k

Brian Mullen, Darren Francis, John Dyer, Chris Butterworth ,David Saunders, Carl Hall were all deemed to have no future at the Hawthorns and were there for released.

With the squad shaping up we get the chance to test ourselves against the best once more.

Results

Birmingham 0 vs 0 West Brom

Pretty boring game here we could of took the 3pts but missed chance and a perfect display from the brum keeper kept us a bay.

Man of the Match Espen Johnsen (Birmingham)

West Brom 4 vs 1 Man City

A super display at the hawthorns saw us as worth winner's goals on the day came from

Lazovic,Parker 2 and Ceh mom Ceh

Man of the Match Ceh (West Brom)

Tottenham 1 vs 1 West Brom

Spur's should feel very lucky we never took the 3pts in this match against fellow human manager Dale Smurthwaite, We took the lead from a lupoli strike montolivo missed a pen and spurs had king sent off but lady luck shone down on White Hart Land and spurs scored.

Man of the Match Paul Robinson (Spurs)

Final Thought

With the next game coming up at home to Liverpool, Which will be our biggest test of the season to date we will strive to beat them and to continue our rise.

Thats it from me i leave you with West Brom unbeaten in the Premiership and sitting eight in the league.

Till next time.

icon_smile.gif

dalebanner2.jpg

Spurs Slow Out Of The Blocks

Tottenham Hotspur have had an indifferent start to the season and have yet to find that killer instinct. Manager Dale Smurthwaite has assembled a fantastic team on paper but haven't been able to record a win so far in the campaign.

PLAYERS IN

D/DMC - Mariusz Lewandowski - Free Transfer from Celtic

FRLC - Florent Sinama-Pongolle - Free Transfer from Liverpool

STR - Milan Baros - Free Transfer from Liverpool

STR - Mateja Kezman - Free Transfer

STR - Michael Owen - Free Transfer from Barcelona

STR - Csaba Nemeth (Youth) - £230k from Vasas

AML - Marko Babic - £13M from Nurnberg

GK - Kasper Schmeichel - £2.5M from Everton

D/DML - Olivier Bernard - £10M from Marseille

D/DML - Adriano - £7M from Sevilla

PLAYERS OUT

D/MC - Tom Huddlestone - £700k to Port Vale

STR - Kevin Kuryani - £9.75M to Werder Bremen

DL - Rene Klingbeil - £1.3M to Hertha Berlin

FC - Mounir El Hamdaoui - £6M to Aston Villa

STR - Dave Smith - £5M to Everton

Smurthwaite has also stregnthened his coaching staff at White Hart Lane and now has a very good team of non-players as well as players. Lets get on with the results so far.

Tottenham 0 V Norwich 1

This was an even game that could have gone either way to be honest. Smurthwaite couldn't put out his strongest squad out though because of injury. Spurs were unlucky not to get at least a point here.

Star Man - Michael Lamey (Norwich)

Southampton 1 V Tottenham 1

Spurs were battered here for 90 minutes and did well to retrieve a point from the game. The Saints should have scored more but Spurs keeper Paul Robinson guarded his goal well.

Star Man - Paul Robinson (Tottenham)

Tottenham 1 V West Brom 1

Although Smurthwaite's side went down to 10 men after 68 minutes, they had perhapps a litle more of the game and were unlucky not to win against fellow human manager Ray Robson's West Brom. West Brom also missed a penalty in this match, so maybe the decisions were even.

Birmingham 3 V Tottenham 2

Another game where Spurs were outclassed. With the team he has got, manager Dale Smurthwaite must be wondering where its going wrong. Back to the tactic drawing board I think. The team is better than this.

Star Man - Burton O'Brien (Birmingham)

With only four games of the Premiership played so far this season, and Spurs sitting in 16th position in the Premiership, Smurthwaite isn't panicking about the poor form just yet. However the tactics DO have to be changed if they are to get a success against Manchester City in their next Premiership game and then West Ham in the League Cup after that 10 days later.

Until my next report...

DS.

andybanner2.jpg

Sorry Port Vale relegated!

Port Vale have been relegated after just one season in the Championship. They finished in 23rd position only 3 points off safety in another dramatic season that went down to the last day. In the last 4 games of the season remaining Port Vale could only manage 3 draws and a defeat when they really needed to start winning.

The reulsts from the final 4 games are below;

Sheff Utd 0-0 Port Vale

A very close encounter in which neither team could find the decisive goal to win the game. The Man of the Match was Port Vale's Pique with an outstanding defensive performance.

Port Vale 0-1 Derby

A terrible performance from Vale who really needed a big performance in this game. Derby took the lead through Lee Jackson on the 39th minute and held on till the end. The Man of the Match was Derby player Rory Delap.

Sunderland 6-6 Port Vale

A truely one of a kind game that had everything. Vale took the lead in the very first minute and continued to dominate till half time where they had a 4-2 lead. After the break they continued where they left off, going into an emphatic 6-3 lead that looked to have won the game. But a Martinez sending off allowed Sunderland to have the chance to catch Port Vale, and that is what they did scoring the equaliser through Mellor in the last minute to crush Port Vale's hopes of safety. Man of the Match was Vale's hat-trick hero Abdel Sakali.

Port Vale 3-3 QPR

Another match where Port Vale threw away a lead, but this time it wouldn't have mattered as Plymouth got the point they needed for safety. Man of the Match was QPR's 2 goal striker Darren Huckerby.

Well after a disappointing season in the Championship Port Vale are heading back to League 1. But provided there is not to a big a clearout of players and a few new faces arrive, they should be looking to get straight back into the championship.

Manager Andy Silk said this;

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> I would like to personally accept the blame for this season, and want to reassure the fans that they won't have to wait too long before we are back in the Championship. Also I want to say that Port Vale will not have to sell any players this season and we will be looking at a few new players. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Port Vale will be looking for an immediate return to the Championship next season after this seasons disappointment.

Until next time,

Andy Silk

xxx

andybanner2.jpg

End of Season Report 2008/2009

These are all the stats from the season gone by;

Highest Attendance:- 15994 (vs Birmingham)

Average Attendance:- 14547

Biggest Win:- 3-0 (vs Sunderland)

Biggest Defeat:- 5-1 (vs Portsmouth in FA Cup)

Most Games Won in Row:- 2

Most Games Lost in a Row:- 6

Most Games Without Losing:- 5

Most Games Without Winning:- 17

Top Goalscorer:- Adbel Sakali (12)

Top League Goalscorer:- Adbel Sakali (11)

Most Goals in a Match:- Billy Paynter (3 vs Sunderland)

Most Assists:- Nils Skutle (8)

Highest Average Rating:- Clarke Carlisle (7.42 in 33 apps)

Most MoM's:- Radoslaw Janukiewicz (7)

Worst Discipline:- Nils Skutle (10 Yellow & 1 Red)

Youngest Player:- Micheal Scholz(19)

Oldest Player:- Rene Aufhauser (32)

Fans Player of the Year:- Clarke Carlisle

Those were the stats from the last season, hopefully they will be a bit more promising next season.

Until next time,

Andy Silk

xxx

dalebanner2.jpg

Spurs Start To Make Progress

Dale Smurthwaite and his Tottenham Hotspur team are beginning to claw ther way up the

Premiership table and currently sit in 11th position with a game in hand. After a poor

start, on field tactics appear to be working and Spurs' form and confidence continue to

grow.

Smurthwaite was able to grab one player before the closure of the Premiership transfer

window.

PLAYERS IN

SW/D/DMC - Goran Gavrancic - From Free Transfer

PLAYERS OUT

AML - Johnnie Jackson - £1M to West Brom

Onwards with the results since my last report :

Tottenham 3 V Manchester City 2

A last gasp goal gave Spurs the much needed 3 points here and saw the start of a good run

of form. This win eased some pressure off players, staff and manager Dale Smurthwaite

alike.

West Ham 2 V Tottenham 4 - League Cup 2nd Round

A very good all round performance from Spurs here and Defoe scored a brace for his side to

put them into the next round and a home tie with fellow Premiership team Norwich.

Liverpool 2 V Tottenham 1

By rights this should have been a draw but Andres D'Alessandro missed a penalty in the 81st

minute which would have given Spurs the point they deserved after battling hard against a

handy Reds side.

Star Man - Chris Kirkland (Liverpool)

Tottenham 1 V Charlton 0

A pretty poor affair here with Spurs just getting the upper hand in the 33rd minute from a

Lewandowski goal from a corner. That was his first ever goal for the club. However it was 3

points for Spurs which is what they need so they can't complain really.

Star Man - Joe Booth (Charlton)

Chelsea 5 V Tottenham 4

What a game! This should have been a televised match as it was a local derby match, but the

teams did not let the paying fans down. Tottenham played superbly here but Chelsea were

always one step ahead. Smurthwaite's side just could not get on level terms all the way

through the game and the manager said that he was delighted by his team's performance and

would not critisise them at all. The game was certainly good for morale and another brace

for Defoe.

Star Man - Aliaksandr Hleb (Chelsea)

Tottenham 2 V Leicester 1

A win to round off the session with and another missed penalty, this time from Olivier

Bernard. The coaching staff must really get on top of that situation. Owen had a wonderful

game and bagged a goal for himself after coming back from injury. Marko Babic claimed the

other goal.

That win moved Spurs up to 11th in the Premiership and with a game still in hand, they

could be looking at a Uefa Cup spot by the end of the season. Form and morale are good so

there is no reason why Smurthwaite can't bring some badly needed success to this great

club.

Until my next report...

DS.

andybanner2.jpg

Vale suffer indifferent start to new season!

After their season in the Championship last year, many people around Port Vale expected them to take League 1 by storm. But with 10 games gone, Vale find themselves in 7th position with 5 wins, 2 draws, and 3 losses. This is not the start that manager Andy Silk would have expected from his side that he has said will be looking for promotion this season. Although in 7th position, the fact that they are just 4 points off the top of the table will give Silk some relief. Regarding the cup competitions, the League Cup ended in disappointment with a loss to League 2 side Dagenham in the 1st round. But the LDV Vans Trophy is looking more promising, with Port Vale having already seen off Halifax.

The new arrivals for the new season look like this;

Tom Huddlestone:- A big money signing from Spurs with bags of potential that will make him a key player for Vale this season.

Ricardo Sousa:- Another big signing by Andy Silk, having played in Germany, Holland, Greece and Portugal, he will bring lots of experience to a fairly young Port Vale side.

Nektarios Alexandrou:- Exciting left winger from Greek side APOEL, who will be looking to cemente the problem left midfield position as his own this season.

Andrew Griffin:- Right back with experience at Premiership level with Newcastle and Portsmouth. Will challenge Steve Rowland for the right side of defence.

Seba Grax:- Proven French goalscorer who alongside Leon Knight, will be scoring the majority of Port Vales goals.

Oscar Rey:- Young Spanish central midfielder with an exciting future. Should push for a starting place from the off this season. Signed from Scottish side Livingston.

Gabor Korolovzky:- Midfield anchor player signed from Bohemians for roughly 100k. 7 caps for Hungary shows his class.

Sebastian Schmidt:- 17 year old goalkeeper signed on a free, already called up to the german under 19 squad, so should feature prominantly in the future.

Mark Andrews:- Welsh forward who was signed as back-up for Grax and Knight originally but should push for a starting spot.

The following are the results from the first 10 games of the season;

Port Vale 3-1 Oxford

Huddersfield 1-1 Port Vale

Port Vale 0-1 Oldham

Cheltenham 1-0 Port Vale

Port Vale 2-3 Dagenham (League Cup 1st Round)

Port Vale 4-0 Tranmere

Millwall 3-0 Port Vale

Port Vale 1-1 Watford

Northampton 0-1 Port Vale

Port Vale 2-0 Halifax (LDV Vans Trophy 1st Round)

Port Vale 1-0 Wycombe

Doncaster 1-3 Port Vale

As you can see, the recent form of Port Vale has been much more promising, with the team winning their last 4 games on trot. Hopeully this will be the start of a more promising run from them. Manager Andy Silk has declined to comment on his side saying that he will let the results on the pitch do the talking from now on.

Until next time,

Andy Silk.

xxx

keithbanner.jpg

with keith tinker keen to impress results were important but after a slow start things picked up

chester 0-3

scunthorpe 2-7

wrexham 1-1

mansfield 2-3

yeovil 0-1

nottsc 0-0

with this poor start the board were concerned with the financial state of the club

supporters were satisfied

job security changed to safe

with the signing of grainger (dc)

results picked up

f/green 0-0

lincoln 2-0

york 3-1

b/mouth 0-1

cambridge (ldv trophey) 0-2

kidderminster 2-2

carlise 5-0

torquay 3-0

l/orient 2-1

northwhich 0-0

colchester 1-1

millwall (fa cup) 5-1

dag/red 1-3

shrewsbury 1-1

cambridge 1-3

with the results picking up the mkdons manager confident he can still get promotion this season

until next time

goodbye and goodluck

keith tinker

dalebanner2.jpg

Tottenham's Form Is Hot-Hot-Hotspur!

Dale Smurthwaite and his Spurs team are racing up the Premiership and are now in amongst the big boys in the top 6. This dramatic turn around in form can only be down to Smurthwaite's tactical knowledge and the fact that he has arguably on of the best teams in Europe.

A lot of results to catch up on here, so here goes :

Portsmouth 2 V Tottenham 2

Perhaps Pompey should have won this, but Spurs' battling mentality and a brace from Michael Owen salvaged a point for Smurthwaite's team.

Star Man - Florent Sinama-Pongolle (Tottenham)

Tottenham 2 V Norwich 0 - League Cup 3rd Round

This was actually quite an even game, but Tottenham's better shot accuracy gave them the win and progression to the next round against Manchester United.

Tottenham 6 V Hull 0

Hull were unfortunate to be on the recieving end of this thrashing by a simply wonderful Spurs performance. 4 goals from Jermain Defoe left Smurthwaite feeling over the moon and it signals the start of a resurgence in league form.

Wolves 0 V Tottenham 1

After the thrills of the last fixture, this was the exact opposite, with only a Mateja Kezman strike in the 23rd minute seperating the two sides. 3 points for Spurs though.

Manchester United 2 V Tottenham 1 - League Cup 4th Round

The Red Devils were too good for Smurthwaite's team here as they had the better part of the game with far more shots on goal. I don't think Smurthwaite was too disappointed to be honest as he wants more success in the Premiership.

Star Man - Cristiano Ronaldo (Manchester Utd)

Tottenham 3 V Aston Villa 0

After the defeat in the League Cup, Smurthwaite was happy his team bounced back with a good win over Aston Villa. MOre shots on goal from Spurs and posession was good also. Three different scorers for Spurs: Kezman, Defoe and D'Alessandro.

Tottenham 0 V Arsenal 4

Spurs were outplayed, outclassed and outgunned here as they fell to the might of Arsenal. Mikael Forssell was obviously the main threat and he was marked out of the game, but that left the door open for everyone else. Better luck next time Dale.

Star Man - Jose Antonio Reyes (Arsenal)

Everton 4 V Tottenham 3

In a tie that saw the ex-Everton manager go back to Goodison Park, Smurthwaite was very miffed not to get anything from the game. Personally speaking, it should've been a draw.

Star Man - Tim Cahill (Everton)

Newcastle 0 V Tottenham 0

This was a tough game against one of the Premiership title contenders this year. Smurthwaite was pleased with the draw and Spurs keeper Paul Robinson deserved his man of the match award.

Tottenham 2 V Crystal Palace 1

A scoreline that didn't reflect the game I'm afraid. Smurthwaite's men had 39 shots on goal against newly returned human manager James Woodward's Palace, 27 of which were on target. Two goals from winger Florent Sinama-Pongolle sealed the 3 points for Spurs. Smurthwaite later stated that this was the best he had seen his team play this season so far and special praise went to Hugo Viana for his creativity.

Star Man - Florent Sinama-Pongolle (Tottenham)

Blackburn 0 V Tottenham 2

This form is going well and another 3 points for Smurthwaite's team. Viana and Defoe scoring for Spurs. This win moves them to within touching distance of European football next year.

Star Man - Marko Babic (Tottenham)

Norwich 1 V Tottenham 4

The goals are coming thick and fast now as Spurs notched up another big win in the Premiership. Smurthwaite's team are going from strength to strength it seems and perhaps the possibility of Champions League football?

Star Man - Mateja Kezman (Tottenham)

Tottenham 5 V Southampton 0

Pure class here as Jermain Defoe bagged himself another hat-trick for himself. This win takes Spurs to 6 games unbeaten in a row and five wins in a row.

West Brom 2 V Tottenham 3

Another human managed team here, this time against Ray Robson's West Brom, who started the game well until Nastja Ceh's own goal in the 36th minute seemed to turn the game in Smurthwaite's favour. Ceh did his best to make up for his mistake but when Smurthwaite added a third striker in the 77th minute, the draw was the best Robason could hope for. It was not to be as Baros set up Viana for the winning goal.

Star Man - Marko Babic (Tottenham)

So there you have it, back up to date with Dale Smurthwaite's Tottenham Hotspur tearing up the Premiership. They now sit in 6th place in the Premiership and only 4 points off a Champions League qualification spot for next season.

With an away tie against Burnely to come next in the FA Cup 3rd Round, who knows what Spurs and Smurthwaite can achieve this year?

Until my next report...

DS.

michaelbanner2.jpg

Right, this is my forst report of the new season and boy has it been a good season so far...here are the results;

Results

Boston Utd 2-1 Huddersfield - Loss

Huddersfield 1-1 Port Vale - Draw

Swansea 1-3 Huddersfield - Win

Huddersfield 0-1 Hartlepool - Loss

Huddersfield 3-0 Gillingham - Win - League Cup

Chesterfield 1-3 Huddersfield - Win

Huddersfield 1-1 Blackpool - Draw

Luton 0-0 Huddersfield - Draw

Bolton 1-0 Huddersfield - loss - League Cup

Huddersfield 2-0 Rushden - Win

Mansfield 1-2 Huddersfield - Win

Swindon 2-4 Huddersfield - Win

Huddersfield 0-0 Bradford City - Draw

Huddersfield 3-0 Oxford - Win

Huddersfield 6-0 Brighton - Win

Huddersfield 0-2 Blackpool - Loss - LDV Vans Trophy

Huddersfield 0-0 Cheltenham - Draw

Oldham 2-0 Huddersfield - Loss

Notts County 1-0 HUddersfield - Loss - F.A Cup

Tranmere 0-2 Huddersfield - Win

Huddersfield 2-0 Millwall - Win

Watford 0-1 Huddersfield - Win

Huddersfield 2-1 Northampton - Win

HUddersfield 0-0 Doncaster - Draw

Wycombe 0-2 Huddersfield - Win

Rotheram 0-1 Huddersfield - Win

Huddersfield 0-0 Bristol Rovers - Draw

Huddersfield 1-0 Boston Utd - Win

2nd - Pld 24 - Won 18 - Drn 3 - Lst 3 - For 43 - Ag 17 - G.D +26 - Pts 46

Up to now it has been a fantastic season, beating all predictions and thaughts we are 2nd in the table and will be looking to get a Play-Off place at the very least. Im 3 points ahead of third place and am looking to extend that gap and get my beloved Huddersfield into the English Championship. Top spot does seem a long way off as table toppers Luton are 11 points clear, althouth there are plenty games to play and i will be looking to get ahead of them i think its a long shot.

Wish me luck on getting promotion.

Until next time. icon_wink.gif

andybanner2.jpg

Play-offs look more realistic for Vale!

Yet more inconsistant form from Port Vale has meant that automatic promotion is looking less and less likely with every match. Having said that Port Vale are still within with a shout at the play-offs and with their record in the play-offs promotion could well be a possibility. Things aren't all doom and gloom tho, with the team throught to the 3rd round of the FA Cup to play Shrewsbury in a tie they have every chance of winning.

There were no more further arrivals at Vale Park, but there was one departure. Radoslaw Janukiewicz has left for the bright lights of London with West Ham, for a fee of 60k.

The results since the last report are as follows;

Port Vale 1-1 Rotherham

Bristol Rovers 0-0 Port Vale

Port Vale 1-0 Boston

Lincoln 2-0 Port Vale (LDV Vans Trophy)

Swansea 2-2 Port Vale

Brighton 0-3 Port Vale

Wakefield & Emley 0-3 Port Vale (FA Cup 1st Round)

Port Vale 0-0 Hartlepool

Chesterfield 1-3 Port Vale

Port Vale 0-0 Blackpool

Stafford Rangers 0-3 Port Vale (FA Cup 2nd Round)

Luton 1-0 Port Vale

Port Vale 3-2 Rushden

Swindon 0-0 Port Vale

Port Vale 3-0 Bradford

Gillingham 2-0 Port Vale

andybanner3.jpg

Shock news just in...Swansea City have announced Andy Silk as their new manager!!

After almost 4 years in charge of Port Vale Andy Silk has been appointed manager of hometown club Swansea City. Obviously the lure of managing the team he has supported since childhood proved to big, but with Swansea currently in 17th position it looks as like his heart might have ruled his head in this decision. Speculation is rife as to who will replace him as manager of Port Vale, whoever it is will have a tough task to follow after Silk's memorable 4 year stint. The Port Vale fans are said to be very disappointed that Silk would leave them during such an important time with the team fighting for a play-off spot, but they will look back on his time in charge with fond memories.

New Swans manager Andy Silk had this to say about the move;

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> I cannot express my apologies enough to the Port Vale fans, i loved every minute of my time with the club, but i would like to think that they can understand my desire to manage Swansea and wish me all the best with them. I have left Port Vale in a very strong position with a squad full of great players, so they should have no problem adapting to a new manager. Anyway, as most of you know i have always expressed my desire to manage Swansea City one day and now i have the chance, I plan to make this club great once more. It won't be easy, but the plan is to stay in League 1 this season and then build during the summer for a crack at promotion. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The results from Silk's first 2 games went as follows;

Gillingham 2-2 Swansea City

A close fought game in which Swansea showed plenty of the battling qualities that will be needed this season, John Sutton and Mike Flynn got the goals. Matthew Oakley was the Man of the Match.

Swansea City 1-1 Oxford

Another close game that Oxford should really have won with them missing a last minute penalty. James Walker scored for Swansea with goalkeeper Steve Simonson getting the Man of the Match award for a few great saves including the penalty.

Athough not losing in the first 2 games of his reign it is plain to see that team will need strengthning in most areas, but with no funds available it will be up to Andy Silk to pull off some bargains to turn Swansea around. Also reports suggest that Silk is not happy with there only being 2 Welsh players in the Swansea squad, so expect to see a few more Welsh players arrive, with Ryan Giggs being suggested by some.

Until next time,

Andy Silk

xxx

maccabanner3.jpg

Can You Smell It.....?

That smell,is the endering fragrance of Premiership football,which is getting closer and closer for Crewe Alexandra Football club.As the season rolls on Macari's side find themselves sitting in a playoff place and on good form.Results have impressive also.

Results so Far:

OPR 1 - 4 Crewe

Crewe 0 - 1 Sheff Utd

West Ham 3 - 0 Crewe

Man City 2 - 0 Crewe (League Cup 2nd Round)

Reading 0 - 0 Crewe

Crewe 1 - 1 Sunderland

Bristol City 2 - 2 Crewe

Crewe 2 - 0 Leeds Utd

Burnley 1 - 1 Crewe

Crewe 1 - 0 Fulham

Coventry 1 - 0 Crewe (TV Game)

Crewe 1 - 1 Barnsley

Sheff Wed 1 - 1 Crewe

Wigan 0 - 3 Crewe

Crewe 2 - 0 Brentford

Crewe 0 - 0 Derby County

Preston 1 - 3 Crewe

Crewe 2 - 0 Ipswich

Plymouth 0 - 1 Crewe

Cardiff 1 - 1 Crewe

Crewe 1 - 0 Nottm Forest

Thats how things have panned out so far,not too bad in my opinion,keeping things tight at the back is our main mission till the end of the season.

Major Transfers In:

Kieran Richardson AMLC - Former Man Utd winger,seen as the quality Crewe need to secrue promotion plus survive in the Prem.

Tony Pope D/DMLC - Another coup from Man Utd,Lb seen as a promising full back.

Martin Brittain AMR - Former Newcastle & Charlton wide player,like Richardson,is seen to have bags of talent and quality to secure promotion ans survival in the Prem.

Rafal Kwasnik STK - Fantastic striker,who will undoubtatly set The Alexandra stadium a light.watch out for this lad....trust me!

2nd Half begins!

With January upon us,the season starts to take shape,this is where it counts and where the men are separated from the boys,so with Crewe sitting in 5th place looking on good form and playing some lovly football at times,Macari will be hoping to keep it up and pray that the older members of the squad can make sure they young lads dont bottle and can succed in the task of secruing Premiership football for Crewe!

Till next time!!

Mac10.....Out!

raybanner2.jpg

Life up and down at the Hawthorns

West Brom have been like a see-saw this season up and down, We currently lying 17th in the Premiership just 1pt above the drop zone.

I thought we needed a player who could pick out the perfect pass so i went out and bought Joe Cole[/] from Everton for 650k i believe he has got the killer instinct to fire us on to the next level. I also signed johnnie Jackson from Spurs for 1 mil and Carlos Alberto Menjivar from Oxford for 659k.

Some players also left the club as they are deemed rubbish by me and they were Tonino Sorrentino to Ascoli for 2mi, Lee Clifford to Rotherham for 300k, Darren Senior to Tamworth for 45k, Tomas Alexandre to Toulouse for 400k and Samir Nasri to Nice for 450k.

Well there's the latest going's on in the transfer market now lets bring you the latest results.

Results

West Brom 0 vs 1 Liverpool

Charlton 1 vs 2 West Brom

West Brom 0 vs 2 Chelsea

Coventry 4 vs 5 West Brom (League Cup 2nd Round)

Leicester 3 vs 0 West Brom

West Brom 1 vs 2 Portsmouth

Hull 1 vs 1 West Brom

West Brom 0 vs 0 Wolves

Aston Villa 2 vs 0 West Brom

Stoke 0 vs 1 West Brom

West Brom 0 vs 1 Man Utd

Arsenal 7 vs 0 West Brom

Newcastle 5 vs 4 West Brom (League Cup 4th Round)

West Brom 0 vs 0 Everton

Crystal Palace 2 vs 0 West Brom

West Brom 1 vs 0 Blackburn

Norwich 2 vs 2 West Brom

West Brom 0 vs 2 Soton

Newcastle 3 vs 0 West Brom

West Brom 0 vs 1 Birmingham

Man City 1 vs 5 West Brom

West Brom 2 vs 3 Tottenham

Now there you have it up to date on a not so good season for West Brom.

Final Thought

Thats it from me i leave you with West Brom battling for there life's in the Premiership, Which we will try our best to do, We will not give up NEVER! icon15.gif

Till next time.

icon_smile.gif

andybanner3.jpg

Swansea climb table....but only slowly!

Swansea City are now up to 15th position in League 1 after 7 games under new manager Andy Silk. During his time so far they have managed 2 wins, 3 draws and 2 losses, this form should be good enough to see them survive although Silk will want more from his team.

With limited funds available Andy Silk has managed to bring in 3 new faces, they are;

Ryan Giggs:- Legend of the game with over 70 caps for Wales, 36 years old now but still has all the talent in the world. Adds some experience to the Swans side.

Juan Pablo Angel:- Another huge name signing, again a vetern nowadays at 33 years old, only on a 2 game contract but should score some goals in that time.

Abdeltarek Sakali:- Signed on loan from Gordan Macari's Crewe side, worked with Silk at Port Vale last season and is a lethal finisher.

The results from the last 5 games went like this;

Huddersfield 2-1 Swansea City

Easy win for Huddersfield, Swansea were never at the races and were lucky the scoreline was so flattering. JP Angel got the last minute consolation for the Swans. Man of the Match was Darren Ambrose of Swansea.

Swansea City 2-1 Oldham

When Oldham scored in the 5th minute it looked another of those days for Swansea, but they went in front through Sakali and JP Angel from the spot. Then youngster jamie Crawford got sent off for Swansea and they had to hold on for the win.

Cheltenham 1-0 Swansea City

Another disappointing result for Swansea City, they never really looked like scoring. Swansea defender Miika Koppinen getting Man of the Match shows the fact that Swansea were better in defence than attack today.

Swansea City 2-0 Tranmere

Great win for Swansea, they were on top from the start and dominated throughout. The goalscorers were Jamie Walker and Matthew Oakley, with Oakleys goal particularly stunning. Man of the Match was holding midfielder Diego Rivas of Swansea City.

Millwall 1-1 Swansea City

Tight game that niether side really deserved to lose. Swansea took the lead when Walker scored his 2nd in 2 games and Millwall equalised trough Joe Healy. Man of the Match was Millwall goalie Andy Campbell.

Well with Swansea City far from safe there is still a lot of hard work to do, but the signs are promising. The side looks more confident under Andy Silk and has played some good football in the past few games. Also there are rumours circulating that Silk is using some of his contacts to pull off a few big name summer signings, so we will have to see who arrives in the future.

Until next time,

Andy Silk

xxx

clanbanner.jpg

I'm afraid we have no places available for new players at this present time. Please check the clan advertisement thread for clans looking for new players or place yourself on the available players listing. Thank you.

SDK (Clan Host & Founder)

peachbanner5.jpg

Palace On Course For UEFA Cup Position

During Woodward’s absence at Selhurst Park alot happened, Assistant Manager Aloisio was given the reigns and led Palace to their first ever FA Cup win which also gave Palace fans what they were craving. European Football next season.

Woodward’s return to Palace was welcomed by fans, the manager had been on holiday to regain focus and came back revitalised and despite the clubs ailing form at first they picked up and put themselves in a strong position for UEFA Cup qualification.

He showed a new found ruthlessness showing star player Landon Donovan the door for never being fit, and splashed out the money on Oribe Peralta (the new Juan Pablo Angel), Anthony Vanden Borre & Teemu Tainio. Who have all performed at a high standard and have shown a high level of commitment to the club, something Donovan didn’t have.

But towards the end of the season Woodward was involved in a scandal that was to rock football (not as much as the aptly named Wifegate scandal which signalled Ray Robson’s imminent dismissal at West Brom) he was spotted in a trendy bar, sharing a drink with Chelsea man Peter Kenyon & with Chelsea league form stuttering it wasn’t hard to work out what the meeting was about.

As of yet no decision has been made about Woodward’s future but if rumours are true that Jose Mourinho’s departure from Chelsea is only around the corner. Woodward must be considered as a front runner along with the likes of Vicente Del Bosque and Tottenham Manager Dale Smurthwaite but don’t expect Ray Robson to be mentioned, he has been spotted down the job centre with a CV that includes: promising to be loyal to Brighton, being threatened with decapitation by the “Brom (Gay) Boys†& screwing the chairman’s wife.

Here is a look at Palace’s results this season:

Premiership Results

Birmingham 2-2 Crystal Palace

Crystal Palace 2-2 Everton

Crystal Palace 2-0 Man City

Crystal Palace 0-0 Wolves

Tottenham 2-1 Crystal Palace

Crystal Palace 0-1 Liverpool

Crystal Palace 5-0 Charlton

Chelsea 6-0 Crystal Palace

Crystal Palace 1-3 Leicester

Portsmouth 2-1 Crystal Palace

Crystal Palace 3-0 Hull

Wolves 0-2 Crystal Palace

Man Utd 3-1 Crystal Palace

Crystal Palace 2-0 Arsenal

Everton 0-1 Crystal Palace

Newcastle 3-0 Crystal Palace

Crystal Palace 0-0 Blackburn

Norwich 1-2 Crystal Palace

Crystal Palace 3-0 Aston Villa

Crystal Palace 2-0 Southampton

West Brom 2-1 Crystal Palace

FA Cup Results

3rd Round

Crystal Palace 1-1 Wolves

3rd Round Replay

Wolves 1-1 Crystal Palace

Palace Win 3-2 On Penalties

4th Round

Luton 1-3 Crystal Palace

5th Round

Crystal Palace 3-1 Newcastle

6th Round

Leicester 3-0 Crystal Palace

UEFA Cup Results

UEFA Cup 1st Knockout Round

Westerlo 0-2 Crystal Palace

Crystal Palace 4-0 Westerlo

Palace Win 6-0 On Aggregate

UEFA Cup 2nd Knockout Round

Crystal Palace 0-2 Man Utd

Man Utd 2-1 Crystal Palace

Man Utd Win 4-1 On Aggregate

Until Next Time

James Woodward

dalebanner2.jpg

Spurs Looking Good For Europe Next Season

Under the management of Dale Smurthwaite, Tottenham Hotspur have gone from strength to strength this season, and are on track to claim a UEFA Cup place next season one way or another. With four Premiership games still to play, Spurs find themselves in 7th position, but only 2 points off 6th placed Crystal Palace. Tottenham also have a game in hand on their nearest rivals.

Smurthwaite's team has also secured a place in the FA Cup final where they will take on Leicester at Wembley Stadium. Spurs overcame Middlesbrough in the Semi-Final on penalties to take the trip to Wembley.

Here are the latest results just in:

Burnley 0 Vs Tottenham 3 - FA Cup 3rd Round

Manchester City 2 Vs Tottenham 3

Tottenham 0 Vs Birmingham 0

Tottenham 4 Vs Bolton 0 - FA Cup 4th Round

Tottenham 4 Vs Newcastle 2

Tottenham 1 Vs Liverpool 1

Charlton 3 Vs Tottenham 0

Tottenham 1 Vs Chelsea 2

Aston Villa 1 Vs Tottenham 1 - FA Cup 5th Round

Tottenham 5 Vs Aston Villa 0 - FA Cup 5th Round Replay

Leicester 2 Vs Tottenham 2

Tottenham 4 Vs Portsmouth 0

Norwich 2 Vs Tottenham 3 - FA Cup Quarter-Final

Hull 3 Vs Tottenham 2

Tottenham 3 Vs Wolves 0

Aston Villa 2 Vs Tottenham 6

Middlesbrough 0 Vs Tottenham 0 - FA Cup Semi-Final (Spurs Won 4-2 On Penalties)

Arsenal 4 Vs Tottenham 2

We shall hope that Spurs have what it takes to win their first silverware for 4 years, and would hope that Smurthwaite can take this great team further still. Everton are their next opponents to visit White Hart Lane.

Until my End Of Season Report...

DS.

keithbanner.jpg

hi all i hope everyones season is going well

mine has had a lots of ups and downs

with communication being the biggest problem

with 2 games left and a slim chance of the playoffs im planning for another season in league 2

i have my squad sorted now just need a few new players to replace the retiring ones the biggest question my squad have is will we miss paul scholes when he retires and joins the coaching staff i feel we have the players to jump into that gap he will leave

here are some of the great results we have had this week

6-1 win grimsby

4-0 wrexham

4-1 shrewsbury

5-1 yeovil

im prepared to go this far if i dont get promotion next season maybe for the good of the club its time to go

but we will see and i will make that decision nearer the time

good luck and all the best

keith tinker

manager mk dons

raybanner2.jpg

Robson's sacked at the Hawthorns

West Brom chairman Jeremy Peace sensationally sacked manager Ray Robson, The manager who led them to the 1st division title is said to be in a very distressed state.

Jeremy Peace had this to say to the press:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">This man betrayed me and my family, We treated him as one of our own, I had no other choice but to sack him, I just Robson has the decency and retires from football as he is not someone i would like to come across again. I will not comment any further on this matter, BYE! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We have tried to get comments from Robson himself but he replied with this:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Get stuffed </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So only time will tell if we ever see the genius back in the job, I for one hope's so icon14.gif .

Till next time

icon_frown.gif

andybanner3.jpg

Swans finish season in fine form!!

Swansea City finished the season in 11th position after a very strong end to the season, where they went 8 games unbeaten till the last game. Their fortunes have taken a dramatic turn for the better since Andy Silk took the job just before the new year. There have been quite a few promising results, including wins against Rotherham 4-1 and Rushden 3-0. But on Andy Silks return to Vale Park it was Port Vale that came out on top 2-1. With a record of 9 wins, 9 draws and 5 loses, Andy Silk will be looking to do better than that next season and put together a title challenge.

The results since the last report up to the last game of the season went as follows;

Swansea City 0-0 Watford

Northampton 2-0 Swansea City

Swansea City 0-0 Wycombe

Doncaster 1-0 Swansea City

Swansea City 4-1 Rotherham

Bristol Rovers 3-3 Swansea City

Swansea City 2-2 Boston Utd

Port Vale 2-1 Swansea City

Swansea City 3-1 Brighton

Chesterfield 1-1 Swansea City

Swansea City 1-0 Hartlepool

Swansea City 1-0 Blackpool

Luton 0-0 Swansea City

Swansea City 3-0 Rushden

Swindon 0-1 Swansea City

Swansea City 2-0 Bradford

The key to Swansea's great form later on in the season has been their ability to contiually pick up points at home, they are currently unbeaten in 12 games at The White Rock Stadium. But their away form has simply not been up to standard with too many draws and loses, this will have to be addressed next season. But overall an encouraging start to Andy Silks reign as Swansea City manager that will have the fans expecting a lot more from the team.

Until next time,

Andy Silk

xxx

andybanner3.jpg

End of Season Report 2009/2010

These are all the stats from the season gone by, baring in mind that new manager Andy Silk only took over half way through the season icon_wink.gif ;

Highest Attendance:- 10971 (vs Huddersfield)

Average Attendance:- 6311

Biggest Win:- 4-1 (vs Chesterfield)

Biggest Defeat:- 4-2 (vs Wycombe)

Most Games Won in Row:- 3

Most Games Lost in a Row:- 3

Most Games Without Losing:- 8

Most Games Without Winning:- 8

Top Goalscorer:- Adbeltareck Sakali (12)

Top League Goalscorer:- Adbeltareck Sakali (12)

Most Goals in a Match:- Adbeltareck Sakali (4 vs Rotherham)

Most Assists:- Darren Ambrose (21)

Highest Average Rating:- Miika Koppinen (7.35 in 26 apps)

Most MoM's:- Jamie Crawford (4)

Worst Discipline:- Chris McCready (9 Yellow & 2 Red)

Youngest Player:- Ryan Walters (17)

Oldest Player:- Ryan Giggs (36)

Fans Player of the Year:- Darren Ambrose

Those were the stats from the last season.

Till next time,

Andy Silk

xxx

maccabanner3.jpg

'Cause Thats How We Roll!!!

Well,well,well......This rollercoaster of a season has comes to a close.Macari's men have again done the unthinkable,with some members of the squad putting in very eye catching performancers,unfortunatly these performances have caught the eyes of a couple of 'Big Clubs',Gordon Macari was adament though,he said no one will be leaving Crewe's.......G Unit!!!

Season 2009/10 Results

Crewe 1 - 1 Preston(FA Cup 3rd Rnd)

Crewe 0 - 0 Stoke

Middlesbrough 2 - 1 Crewe

Preston 2 - 1 Crewe (FA Cup 3rd Rnd Rep)

Bolton 2 - 4 Crewe

Crewe 2 - 0 Q.P.R

Sheff Utd 0 - 0 Crewe

Crewe 0 - 1 West Ham

Sunderland 0 - 1 Crewe

Leeds 3 - 0 Crewe

Crewe 1 - 0 Bristol City

Crewe 2 - 1 Reading

Crewe 1 - 1 Burnley

Fulham 1 - 2 Crewe

Crewe 2 - 0 Coventry

Crewe 1 - 1 Wigan

Brentford 1 - 4 Crewe

Barnsley 0 - 3 Crewe

Crewe 2 - 0 Sheff Wed

Derby 0 - 0 Crewe

Crewe 2 - 0 Preston

Ipswich 0 - 2 Crewe

Crewe 2 - 0 Plymouth

Coventry 0 - 3 Crewe (Championship Playoff Semi Final Leg 1)

Crewe 2 - 0 Coventry (Championship Playoff Semi Final Leg 2)

Crewe 1 - 1 Nottm Forest (Championship Playoff Final) Crewe Win On Pens!!!!

maccabanner4.jpg

Now Is The Time......G UNIT!!!

Macari fullfilled his promise! Crewe are in the premiership! in back to back season's Macari has taken Crewe from the brink of relegation from league 1 to the grand heights of the Premiership!!!

Now Macari understands how difficult its gonna be in the premiership and has taken steps in transfer market to secure there survival in the top flight!

Transfers In

Joey Barton DMC Free

Danny Higginbotham DC Free

Robbie Keane FC 2m

Jiri Koubsky DC 500K

Mista FLC Free

Paulo Ferreria DR 1m

The season didnt go too well to start with......

Season 2010/11 Results So Far

Liverpool 2 - 1 Crewe

Crewe 0 - 1 Newcastle

Norwich 2 - 0 Crewe

Crewe 0 - 1 Portsmouth

Wigan 0 - 0 Crewe

Crewe 1 - 1 Leicester

Crewe 2 - 0 Port Vale (League Cup 2nd Rnd)

Crewe 0 - 2 Tottenham

Charlton 2 - 2 Crewe

Crewe 3 - 2 Aston Villa

Everton 1 - 0 Crewe

Thats the season so far,Crewe finding it difficult in their first season in the top flight but with Macari recently admiting he has had to change his tactics results might just start coming in! Well he hopes anyway!

GGGGGGGGG......G UNIT!!!

Ryde Or Die!

Till Next Time!

Mac10....Out!

peachbanner6.jpg

Woodward Appointed As Chelsea Manager

After weeks of speculation the expected finally happened as Crystal Palace manager took over the reigns at Stamford Bridge. Woodward arrived at Chelsea with the promise of a hefty transfer budget, wage bill and an increase in capacity of Stamford Bridge, an offer that was too good to turn down.

Here is a look at the recent goings on at Stamford Bridge:

Transfers In

Javier Mascherano - River - £10m

Fabricio Coloccini - FC Bayern - £10m

Fernando Cunha - Crystal Palace - £5m

Jason White - Crystal Palace - £4.8m

Florian Friedrich - Crystal Palace - £3m

Pique - Crystal Palace - £2m

Bruno Goncalves - Crystal Palace - £2m

David Ryan - Cork City - £80k

Transfers Out

Damien Duff - Newcastle - £6.25m

Glen Johnson - Crystal Palace - £5.75m

Frank Lampard - Tottenham - £4m

Robbie Keane - Crewe - £2m

Paulo Ferreira - Crewe - £1m

Didier Drogba - Birmingham - Free

Current Squad

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">| Pkd | Inf | Name | Position | Morale | Form | Con | Apps | Gls | Av Rat |

| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| - | Wnt | Craig Gordon | GK | Good | 7-6-8-6-8 | 100% | - | - | - |

| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| GK | | Petr Cech | GK | Superb | 7-7-6-7-7 | 99% | 10 | - | 7.20 |

| S1 | | Bruno Gonçalves | GK | Superb | 7-6-7-7-7 | 100% | 2 | - | 7.00 |

| S3 | | Florian Friedrich | D RLC | Superb | 7-8-7-8-7 | 97% | 2 | - | 7.50 |

| - | | William Gallas | D RC | Superb | 6-7-7-8-8 | 100% | 2 | - | 8.00 |

| DC | | Fabricio Coloccini | D RC | Superb | 7-8-7-9-7 | 82% | 10 | - | 7.50 |

| DC | | John Terry | D C | Superb | 7-7-7-8-7 | 86% | 7 | 1 | 7.29 |

| - | | Ricardo Carvalho | D C | Superb | 8-7-8-7-8 | 90% | - | - | - |

| - | | Robert Huth | D C | Superb | 7-8-7-7-7 | 100% | 2 | - | 7.00 |

| S2 | Unh | Piqué | D C | Okay | 8-7-7-8-7 | 98% | 5 (2) | - | 7.29 |

| DR | | Philipp Lahm | D/DM RL | Superb | 8-8-8-8-7 | 79% | 10 | - | 7.80 |

| DL | | Wayne Bridge | D/DM L | Superb | 8-8-8-7-7 | 79% | 10 | - | 7.90 |

| DMC | | Javier Mascherano | DM RC | Superb | 8-8-6-9-7 | 72% | 9 | - | 7.44 |

| - | Wnt | Paul Woods | M C | Superb | 7-7-7-8-8 | 100% | 2 | - | 8.00 |

| MC | | Arjen Robben | AM RL | Superb | 10-8-7-8-9 | 70% | 8 | 2 | 8.25 |

| MC | | Dejan Stankovic | AM RLC | Superb | 7-9-7-7-9 | 70% | 10 | 2 | 7.90 |

| - | Unh | Jermaine Jenas | AM RC | Superb | 8-8-7-7-7 | 94% | 3 | - | 7.33 |

| S4 | | Tomas Rosicky | AM C | Superb | 8-8-10-8-7 | 99% | 4 | 4 | 8.75 |

| MC | | Aliaksandr Hleb | AM C | Superb | 7-7-10-8-9 | 67% | 10 | 4 | 8.40 |

| - | Wnt | Jason White | F RLC | Superb | 7-9-9-7-7 | 71% | 3 (1) | 3 | 8.00 |

| FC | | Dimitar Berbatov | S C | Superb | 10-7-7-8-9 | 65% | 9 (1) | 12 | 8.10 |

| FC | Inj | Eidur Gudjohnsen | S C | Superb | 7-7-8-8-9 | 41% | 7 | 1 | 7.71 |

| S5 | | Fernando Cunha | S C | Superb | 8-7-7-8-7 | 87% | 6 | 2 | 7.50 |

| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|</pre>

Premiership Results

Chelsea 2-0 Southampton

Tottenham 1-1 Chelsea

Chelsea 2-0 Charlton

Aston Villa 1-2 Chelsea

Chelsea 3-0 Everton

West Brom 1-3 Chelsea

Man Utd 1-7 Chelsea

Chelsea 0-0 Blackburn

Fulham 0-4 Chelsea

Chelsea 3-2 Arsenal

Current Premiership Table

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">| Pos | Inf | Team | | Pld | Won | Drn | Lst | For | Ag | G.D. | Pts |

| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 1st | | Chelsea | | 10 | 8 | 2 | 0 | 27 | 6 | +21 | 26 |

| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 2nd | | Arsenal | | 11 | 7 | 2 | 2 | 24 | 12 | +12 | 23 |

| 3rd | | Man Utd | | 10 | 7 | 2 | 1 | 18 | 11 | +7 | 23 |

| 4th | | Tottenham | | 10 | 6 | 2 | 2 | 22 | 9 | +13 | 20 |

| 5th | | Aston Villa | | 11 | 6 | 1 | 4 | 23 | 14 | +9 | 19 |

| 6th | | Norwich | | 11 | 5 | 4 | 2 | 20 | 13 | +7 | 19 |

| 7th | | Crystal Palace | | 11 | 5 | 4 | 2 | 19 | 13 | +6 | 19 |

| 8th | | Portsmouth | | 11 | 6 | 1 | 4 | 20 | 17 | +3 | 19 |

| 9th | | Newcastle | | 11 | 4 | 5 | 2 | 18 | 14 | +4 | 17 |

| 10th | | Liverpool | | 11 | 5 | 2 | 4 | 15 | 12 | +3 | 17 |

| 11th | | Charlton | | 11 | 4 | 4 | 3 | 12 | 14 | -2 | 16 |

| 12th | | Everton | | 11 | 4 | 1 | 6 | 13 | 17 | -4 | 13 |

| 13th | | Wigan | | 11 | 3 | 3 | 5 | 4 | 17 | -13 | 12 |

| 14th | | Leicester | | 10 | 2 | 4 | 4 | 15 | 18 | -3 | 10 |

| 15th | | West Brom | | 10 | 3 | 1 | 6 | 14 | 23 | -9 | 10 |

| 16th | | Birmingham | | 11 | 2 | 2 | 7 | 12 | 17 | -5 | 8 |

| 17th | | Fulham | | 11 | 2 | 2 | 7 | 12 | 25 | -13 | 8 |

| 18th | | Blackburn | | 11 | 1 | 4 | 6 | 10 | 19 | -9 | 7 |

| 19th | | Crewe | | 10 | 1 | 3 | 6 | 7 | 14 | -7 | 6 |

| 20th | | Southampton | | 11 | 1 | 1 | 9 | 5 | 25 | -20 | 4 |

| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|</pre>

UEFA Cup Results

1st Round

Borysfen 0-3 Chelsea

Chelsea 3-0 Borysfen

Chelsea Win 6-0 On Aggregate

Manager’s Note

It is a dream come true to manage Chelsea and now that I’m here I aim to do the best job possible and bring the title back to Stamford Bridge. I hope that the Crystal Palace faithful can understand my decision to leave as I put everything into Palace and have made them a force in the Premiership. My start at Chelsea has been great, 12 games, 10 wins and 2 draws. Obviously I hope that I can keep these sort of results up all season as you cant beat the feeling of beating Man Utd 7-1 at Old Trafford! icon_biggrin.gif And if we do keep these results up there is only going to be one outcome in the Premiership title race.

Until Next Time

James Woodward

keithbanner.jpg

end of season report

walsall lost 2-1

grimsby won 2-0

other all a better season finishing in the top half of the table but is hoping for promotion next season but if he doesnt get it will he leave or will he do a gerrard and do a u turn and stay to finish the job he started

with the top goal score in the league and a few new signings maybe this season could be mkdons this hope so

keith tinker manager of mkdons

keithbanner.jpg

started off with 5 friendlys

s/weds 0-1

doncaster 2-3

braintree 3-2

southport 0-1

bradford 0-2

not a very promising start

then the season got under way like this

c/field 1-1

b/rovers 0-3

chester 0-3

stockport 0-2

burnley 0-2 league cup

walsall 0-3

cambridge 2-3

northwhich1-1

kidderminster 0-0

orient 1-2

orient 1-6 ldv trophy

york 2-0

mansfield 2-2

exeter 1-2

lincoln 1-2

dag/red 2-1

colchester1-4

shrewsbury 2-2 fa cup

rotherham 0-0

shrewsbury 2-1 fa cup replay

with not a good start out of league cup and ldv vans trophy

results just picking up a little with a good win in the fa cup hoping for the same in the next round against wycombe

and a good push so we can get promotion but it will be hard going

but with some good fortune and my top strikers hitting form we should just do it

until next time

keith tinker signing off

whatch this space

dalebanner5.jpg

Spurs On Fire!

Dale Smurthwaite and his Tottenham Hotspur side are absolutely flying and have already succeeded in bringing silervare to the club by winning the FA Cup last season in a thrilling penalty shootout against Leicester. Smurthwaite was over the moon and the fans jubilant singing the manager's name long into the night.

After losing over £20 Million last season, Smurthwaite decided it was time to cut the wage bill and he stated he was going to lose some players, but also bring some young blood into the team in preparation for the coming years.

PLAYERS IN

AMC - Frank Lampard - £4M from Chelsea

SW/DLC - Mikael Silvestre - Free Transfer

FRLC - Alessio Cerci - £3.7M from Roma

AMRC - Darren Fletcher - Free Transfer from Man Utd

DLC - Peter Van Boekel - £5.25M from Ajax

PLAYERS OUT

STR - Michael Owen - £250k to Leeds

D/DML - Adriano - £5M to Athletico Madrid

D/DML - Reto Ziegler - £4M to VFB Stuttgart

STR - Milan Baros - £4.7M to Fulham

AMRC - Kieran McKenna - £200k to Luton

AMC - Andres D'Alessandro - £14.5M to Liverpool

So some big names leave and some big names arrive. Smurthwaite was pleased with the purchase of one of his favourite players, Alessio Cerci, who he says will be bigger than Maradona.

Onto the results, and Spurs qualified for the Community Shield by winning the FA Cup and they faced Newcastle who won the Premiership.

Newcastle 1 Vs Tottenham 2 - Community Shield (Televised Match from New Wembley Stadium)

Leicester 0 Vs Tottenham 4

Tottenham 1 Vs Chelsea 1

Tottenham 3 Vs Southampton 0

Charlton 0 Vs Tottenham 3

Tottenham 1 Vs Aston Villa 3

Everton 2 Vs Tottenham 3

Tottenham 5 Vs Odd Grenland 0 - Uefa Cup 1st Round 1st Leg

Crewe 0 Vs Tottenham 2

Odd Grenland 0 Vs Tottenham 6 - Uefa Cup 1st Round 2nd Leg

Tottenham 0 Vs Man Utd 1

Blackburn 1 Vs Tottenham 1

Tottenham 4 Vs Fulham 1

Litex 1 Vs Tottenham 4 - Uefa Cup Group H Match (Televised)

Arsenal 1 Vs Tottenham 4

Liverpool 1 Vs Tottenham 3 - League Cup 3rd Round

Tottenham 2 Vs Crystal Palace 1

Tottenham 2 Vs West Brom 1

Birmingham 2 Vs Tottenham 1

Swansea 0 Vs Tottenham 4 - League Cup 4th Round

Tottenham 3 Vs Liverpool 0

Smurthwaite has managed to guide his team to a win over rivals Arsenal and two wins over Liverpool so far this season. He was delighted to beat Arsenal in particular as they have been somewhat of a bogey team for Spurs in recent seasons.

With results going very well in the Premiership and in Europe, Tottenham could be winning more trophies this season and with the team sitting in 3rd position in the Premiership, just coming up to the half way stage in the season, the race is now on to make sure they qualify for the Champions League next year. Its very close actually in the league as James Woodward's Chelsea are in 2nd position only a point ahead of Spurs and Man Utd atop the table a further 3 points ahead.

The finances are slowly coming under control and by the end of the season Smurthwaite hopes to have the wage budget back in his favour. White Hart Lane is also currently undergoing an expansion to the tune of 11000 seats and this should hopefully bring in some more revenue for the club. The way things are going, Spurs are going to need those seats next season.

Until my next report...

DS.

Guest saiba693

sebbanner2.jpg

after an extended period of absence the self professed ''finest manager ever to sit in a dugout'' returns for his latest footballing adventure.

This time, Northwich, placed 13th in league 2 will be the lucky recipients of the great man's talents

Rumour has it that his arrogance and no history of success has both the chairman and fans very concerned.......

Watch this space for lower league grit at its best!.....

• 2 weeks later...

maccabanner4.jpg

As Gloria Gaynor Would Say......."I Will Survive!!!"

This long season has taken a lot out of both me and my boys but i must say im very proud of all of them,as Crewe have done what many critics said couldnt be done and thats survive in this very tough league. Hard work and graft from the players to the tea lady has seen Crewe hang on in to secure another year with the big boys of the premiership. I think even the chairman was a little suprised to be preparing for another adventure in the promised land. But doing what he's done since arriveing at the Alexadra Stadium,Macari has doone marvelous work.

Final Results Of Season 2010/11

Crewe 3 - 0 West Brom

Crewe 2 - 1 Blackburn

Crewe 3 - 1 Southampton

Man U 5 - 0 Crewe

Crewe 2 - 0 Fulham (League Cup 4th Rnd)

Crewe 1 - 1 Blackburn

Fulham 3 - 1 Crewe

Crewe 0 - 2 Aston Villa (League Cup Qtr Final)

Crewe 1 - 2 Arsenal

Chelsea 3 - 0 Crewe

Crystal Palace 3 - 1 Crewe

Crewe 0 - 1 Birmingham

Crewe 0 - 1 Liverpool

Newcastle 3 - 1 Crewe

Crewe 2 - 1 Norwich

Portsmouth 1 - 1 Crewe

Crewe 4 - 1 Wigan

Crewe 4 - 1 Chester (FA Cup 3rd Rnd)

Leicester 2 - 2 Crewe

Crewe 2 - 0 Nottm Forest (FA Cup 4th Rnd)

Crewe 1 - 1 Chelsea

Tottenham 7 - 1 Crewe (Sore Arse That Day I tell Ya!!!)

Crewe 1 - 0 Charlton

Aston Villa 3 - 0 Crewe

Arsenal 3 - 2 Crewe (FA Cup 5th Rnd)

Crewe 1 - 1 Everton

West Brom 0 - 2 Crewe

Southampton 2 - 2 Crewe

Crewe 0 - 1 Man Utd

Blackburn 1 - 0 Crewe

Crewe 3 - 2 Fulham

Arsenal 6 - 2 Crewe

Crewe 3 - 1 Cyrstal Palace

Birmingham 4 - 1 Crewe

Manager's Log......Crewe Date 19th July 2011

All in all a good season i reckon,some players stepped up to the level required and really shone,Micky Chopra being one of them,im sure bring in Robbie Keane helped him adapt to what it takes at this level but he really played a big part in keeping us up. Keano himself was a true great,he really did add that touch of premership class we needed,you can see that when he's on the ball,the eye he has....little passes,little knock on's etc,and the finishing! pure class. Another Lad who i was really impressed with was Emerson Fae,the big lad from the Ivory coast was solid thise season,i swear i see Greame Souness in there some where,i bet he has a Scottish granny!

The keeper big Ali is getting better and better every year,that man keeped us in many games and im sure if it wasnt for some of his performance's we wouldnt be a premiership team.Also the legendary Sol Campbell was outstanding,being that he is 36 he was out there throwing himself around like he was 26! Class agin,so good infact we recemtly agreed a new one year deal with the option of another yearafter that.

We also had Mitchel Murphy on loan from Arsenal this season,Thanks Arsene! This lad came and made the entire left side of the team his! i mean LB/LM it doesnt matter he's equally at ease attacking or defending,i have no doubt this lad will be an England regular very soon,in fact i was that cofindent i payed 2.3m for him this summer,which is the most ive invested in a player so far!

But my own player of the season has to be my man,Jiri Koubsky. This boy is a Rock! stepped in fomr the Cezch Rep,last summer both of us sat down and were eaqully unsure as to how he was gonna do in adapting to the pace of the premiershgip,but we instantly had faith in each other so he came over....and that was it! no issue what so ever,he was one of the top Def in the premiership last season.Bargin of the season!

Summer Transfer's So Far!

Well in comes John Carew,i thought about what i was lacking last season and presence up front was one of those things,i mean Keano & Micky are class acts but they are both ball players and thats where John steps in.

Ricardo Carvalho,after gettin a phone call fomr Chelsea manager James Woodward of the availabilty of ricardo i was to tempted to miss out on someone of his quality at that price,regardless of him being 33 he brings in invaulable experience,which in my opinion is what you need to survive at this level.Also in defense comes in 30 year old Chris Riggott,Chris is eaxactly what i look for in a defender,good age,great fitness and has Prem experience also.

Right midfeild was an issue last season,after have Jermaine Pennant on loan for a couple of months thanks to my Arsenal connections i realised this,his quality was really missed after his spell here,which was noticable for the rest of the season,so i adressed this in the summer when i took a trip to Birmingham and to St Andrews in particular where i had learned that Birmigham's RM Christian Tiffet was leaving on a bosman,i offred the lad forst team football and he snapped up the offer,he has such a hunger and he's exaclty what am after,european experience and quality for free! Cant really beat that,this lad will be great i predict.

Now on to my major scoop's of the summer,first of all a lad ive been watching for a few years now,but for the first time i was able to offer him the type of contract that he deserves,Roman Hubnik a fellow country man of Jiri Koubsky,he can play RB or Cb im hoping he can strike up a partnership with Jiri. Only 27 and is seen as a major player for my plans for years to come. Next is a guy who im very excited to have here at Crewe,Niko Kranjcar,skillfull,tricky,creative...all words pundits use to describe this boy,i am looking forward to seeing his use of the ball,eye for the pass plus the odd goal,a dofferent type of player form what we have hjad at Crewe before,looking forward to a bright season form him.

Now! This is my favourite capture of the summer,and i must give a huge big up to my chairman for going back & forth to the former yugoslavia to presude this player to come to Crewe,Milan Smiljanic,Parizan Capt,Chamions League star perfomer,will boss the midfield with a work ethic like no other,box to box,passing tackling,shooting can do it all and does it with grace and a sort of swagger! My tip as stand out player of the year,Only 24,gonna be a legend i reckon.

Well with those confimed,i hope you dont think that im finishd for the season.No,no,no...ive got my ear to the ground and my eye cast far and wide! So as soom as i have these confirmed ill let ya all know,and stay watching as i have some big name players on the horizon,so its exciting times ahead for all concerned with Crewe!

Till Next time!

Mac10 Out!

peachbanner6.jpg

Chelsea End Of Season Report 2010/11

Premiership Results

Chelsea 2-0 Southampton

Tottenham 1-1 Chelsea

Chelsea 2-0 Charlton

Aston Villa 1-2 Chelsea

Chelsea 3-0 Everton

West Brom 1-3 Chelsea

Man Utd 1-7 Chelsea

Chelsea 0-0 Blackburn

Fulham 0-4 Chelsea

Chelsea 3-2 Arsenal

Crystal Palace 0-2 Chelsea

Chelsea 0-0 Birmingham

Liverpool 3-1 Chelsea

Chelsea 3-2 Newcastle

Norwich 0-1 Chelsea

Chelsea 1-1 Portsmouth

Chelsea 3-0 Crewe

Wigan 0-1 Chelsea

Chelsea 0-0 Leicester

Southampton 1-1 Chelsea

Chelsea 1-2 Tottenham

Charlton 1-0 Chelsea

Chelsea 1-1 Aston Villa

Everton 2-1 Chelsea

Chelsea 2-0 West Brom

Crewe 1-1 Chelsea

Chelsea 3-3 Man Utd

Blackburn 1-1 Chelsea

Chelsea 3-2 Fulham

Arsenal 1-3 Chelsea

Chelsea 1-0 Crystal Palace

Birmingham 0-4 Chelsea

Chelsea 0-0 Liverpool

Newcastle 0-0 Chelsea

Chelsea 3-0 Norwich

Portsmouth 0-2 Chelsea

Chelsea 2-0 Wigan

Leicester 2-2 Chelsea

Premiership Table

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">| Pos | Inf | Team | | Pld | Won | Drn | Lst | For | Ag | G.D. | Pts |

| 1st | C | Man Utd | | 38 | 27 | 8 | 3 | 80 | 30 | +50 | 89 |

| 2nd | | Liverpool | | 38 | 24 | 8 | 6 | 72 | 28 | +44 | 80 |

| 3rd | | Arsenal | | 38 | 24 | 7 | 7 | 94 | 49 | +45 | 79 |

| 4th | | Tottenham | | 38 | 23 | 8 | 7 | 91 | 42 | +49 | 77 |

| 5th | | Chelsea | | 38 | 21 | 13 | 4 | 72 | 29 | +43 | 76 |

| 6th | | Newcastle | | 38 | 20 | 9 | 9 | 66 | 41 | +25 | 69 |

| 7th | | Norwich | | 38 | 15 | 10 | 13 | 55 | 53 | +2 | 55 |

| 8th | | Aston Villa | | 38 | 15 | 9 | 14 | 60 | 56 | +4 | 54 |

| 9th | | Everton | | 38 | 15 | 8 | 15 | 55 | 53 | +2 | 53 |

| 10th | | Portsmouth | | 38 | 14 | 9 | 15 | 62 | 64 | -2 | 51 |

| 11th | | Crystal Palace | | 38 | 12 | 9 | 17 | 57 | 72 | -15 | 45 |

| 12th | | Blackburn | | 38 | 11 | 11 | 16 | 36 | 49 | -13 | 44 |

| 13th | | Birmingham | | 38 | 10 | 11 | 17 | 45 | 58 | -13 | 41 |

| 14th | | Charlton | | 38 | 8 | 15 | 15 | 35 | 54 | -19 | 39 |

| 15th | | Leicester | | 38 | 8 | 13 | 17 | 48 | 66 | -18 | 37 |

| 16th | | Crewe | | 38 | 9 | 9 | 20 | 44 | 71 | -27 | 36 |

| 17th | | West Brom | | 38 | 10 | 4 | 24 | 53 | 82 | -29 | 34 |

| 18th | R | Fulham | | 38 | 8 | 10 | 20 | 46 | 80 | -34 | 34 |

| 19th | R | Southampton | | 38 | 7 | 7 | 24 | 42 | 82 | -40 | 28 |

| 20th | R | Wigan | | 38 | 6 | 8 | 24 | 21 | 75 | -54 | 26 |

| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|</pre>

FA Cup Results

FA Cup 3rd Round

Leicester 1-1 Chelsea

FA Cup 3rd Round Replay

Chelsea 5-0 Leicester

FA Cup 4th Round

Chelsea 4-0 Everton

FA Cup 5th Round

Sheff Wed 1-4 Chelsea

FA Cup 6th Round

Chelsea 4-0 Wigan

FA Cup Semi Final

Chelsea 3-1 Newcastle

FA Cup Final

Arsenal 3-2 Chelsea

League Cup Results

League Cup 4th Round

Chelsea 2-1 West Brom

League Cup Quarter Final

Wolves 0-2 Chelsea

League Cup Semi Final

Aston Villa 2-1 Chelsea

Chelsea 4-1 Aston Villa

Chelsea Win 5-3 On Aggregate

League Cup Final

Chelsea 4-1 Tottenham

UEFA Cup Results

1st Round

Borysfen 0-3 Chelsea

Chelsea 3-0 Borysfen

Chelsea Win 6-0 On Aggregate

Group B

| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 1st | Q | Chelsea | | 4 | 3 | 1 | 0 | 8 | 0 | +8 | 10 |

| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 2nd | Q | Nantes | | 4 | 3 | 0 | 1 | 6 | 4 | +2 | 9 |

| 3rd | Q | Besiktas | | 4 | 1 | 1 | 2 | 2 | 4 | -2 | 4 |

| 4th | | M. Tel-Aviv | | 4 | 1 | 0 | 3 | 1 | 6 | -5 | 3 |

| 5th | | Standard | | 4 | 0 | 2 | 2 | 0 | 3 | -3 | 2 |

| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|</pre>

UEFA Cup 1st Knockout Round

Chelsea 4-0 Besiktas

Besiktas 1-1 Chelsea

Chelsea Win 5-1 On Aggregate

UEFA Cup 2nd Knockout Round

Man Utd 2-0 Chelsea

Chelsea 1-1 Man Utd

Man Utd Win 3-1 On Aggregate

Manager’s Note

On Last Season

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Last season was a disappointment for everyone at Chelsea, despite the fact we reached two cup finals we were really to inconsistent and drew too many games. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

On This Season

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I expect this season to be a great success for Chelsea over the summer period we will be bringing some world class players to the Bridge and also we‘ll be working hard on our fitness as we believe that was a major factor of our inconsistency last season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

On Transfers

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">For this season we have four confirmed signings, these are Nilmar, Hatem Ben Arfa, David Villa and Tim Davies. These four players all have the quality to go a long way at Chelsea, all they have to do is give everything when they get their opportunity. We are also working very hard behind the scenes to bring in a top class defender but I’ll leave that until I know more. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Predictions

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I expect Chelsea to qualify for the Champions League and pick up at least one trophy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Until Next Time

James Woodward

Archived