FA Challenge FM2005 Update Thread [*Established Clan*]

raybanner3.jpg

After looking for a job for only a few weeks highly respected manager Raymond Robson takes up a post at Derby County.

The manager had this to say to the press:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">After what happened at West Brom i am glad to be back and i will give everything i can to insure Derby become a great club! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now lets get you some results.

Now for a round up of the fixture's

Derby 1 vs 2 Wolves

Preston 4 vs 3 Derby

Derby 4 vs 1 Stoke

Leeds 1 vs 1 Derby

Bolton 2 vs 0 Derby

Derby 3 vs 3 Notts Forrest (League Cup 1st round) Won on pens

Derby 0 vs 1 Coventry

Reading 3 vs 1 Derby

Derby 2 vs 1 Sheff Utd

Bristol C 3 vs 3 Derby

Derby 4 vs 1 Hereford (League Cup 2nd round)

Derby 0 vs 0 Boro

Plymouth 0 vs 2 Derby

Derby 1 vs 1 Man City

Sunderland 2 vs 1 Derby

Derby 4 vs 1 Brighton (League Cup 3rd round)

Derby 2 vs 0 Ipswich

Derby 1 vs 1 Hull

Notts Forrest 2 vs 3 Derby

Derby 0 vs 2 Leicester (League cup 4th round)

Northampton 0 vs 2 Derby

Derby 0 vs 0 Huddersfield

Q.P.R. 2 vs 2 Derby

Derby 3 vs 1 Cardiff

West Ham 2 vs 2 Derby

Derby 1 vs 1 Burnley

Luton 2 vs 1 Derby

Derby 2 vs 0 Preston

Stoke 3 vs 1 Derby

Derby 0 vs 0 Leeds

Leeds 2 vs 1 Derby (FA Cup 3rd round)

Derby 3 vs 3 Bolton

Coventry 2 vs 1 Derby

Derby 0 vs 1 Reading

Sheff Utd 2 vs 1 Derby

Derby 0 vs 0 Bristol C

Boro 1 vs 1 Derby

Derby 1 vs 2 Plymouth

Man City 3 vs 4 Derby

Derby 1 vs 1 Sunderland

Ipswich 2 vs 2 Derby

Derby 1 vs 0 Northampton

Derby 0 vs 0 Notts forest

Huddersfield 2 vs 1 Derby

Hull 4 vs 0 Derby

Derby 3 vs 0 Q.P.R.

Cardiff 1 vs 2 Derby

Derby 5 vs West Ham

Burnley 2 vs 3 Derby

Derby 0 vs 0 Luton

Not a very good first season back in the job for me and Derby, But next season i will be making a few changes and pushing for the premiership.

Thats Me Ray Robson back in football management.

Till next time

Ray

icon_smile.gif

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dalebanner2.jpg

Smurthwaite Promises Success

Tottenham manager Dale Smurthwaite has made a pledge to his club's fans that he will bring more silverware to White Hart Lane this season. At this stage of the season, that is a big possibility. League and European form are good and the purchase of Julio Baptista for £8.25M certainly pleased Spurs chairman Daniel Levy who made extra funds available for the player's signature.

Here are this weeks Spurs results and tables in picture format due to my typewriter being broken.

report.jpg

As you can see, with still over half a season to go, and only six points off the lead, it is very possible for Smurthwaite's team to be mounting a serious title challenge this year. That would certainly exceed the board's expectations and make the fans extremely happy as they expect european qualification for next season. That already is almost certain.

Spurs are also through to the Semi Final of the League Cup and will face either Norwich or Arsenal. Tottenham have already beaten The Gunners in the first match of the Premiership this season, so they dont fear them at all.

A very confident performance in the Champions League has propelled Smurthwaite to a world class manager and the board have every confidence in him as manager of Tottenham Hotspur. progression to the late stages of the top club competition in Europe would please Smurthwaite no end and make him all the more likely to stay on at White Hart Lane for years to come.

There is however a small injury crisis at Spurs just now with 6 first team players out and 2 of those long term. That said though, the backup squad is coping very well with the added pressure and may take the regular first team places for the rest of the season. That remains to be seen.

Jermain Defoe is once agin top scorer for the club with 22 goals in 22 games in all competitions so far. he also tops the Premiership goalscorer table with 11 goals.

As long as this form continues, Tottenham Hotspur will definately win something this season and Dale Smurthwaite will be the most successful manager White Hart lane has seen in its modern history.

Until my next report...

DS.

keithbanner2.jpg

newly appointed barnet manager keith tinker looking for promotion in 1st season in charge here are the pick of the games so far

2-0 win scunthorpe

3-1 win yeovil ldv 1st rnd

3-1 win mansfield

with gk byrne with 4 mom awards

cd johnson rating of 8.0

and goals from tolley 5

rowe law -3

looking good for promotion

just a short report to give a brief of what is going on at barnet until next time

keith tinker (manager of barnet)

michaelbanner2.jpg

Things are going quite well donwn at Huddy, a safe mid-table position looks on the cards and thats what the fans and board want.

Here are the last 15 results -

Results[\B]

Stoke[\B] 3-0 Huddersfield - Loss

Huddersfield[\B] 3-1 Barnsley - Win

Sheff Wed[\B] 2-0 Huddersfield - Loss

Huddersfield 0-2 West Ham[\B] - Loss

Huddersfield[\B] 2-0 Brentford - Win

Wigan 1-1 Huddersfield - Draw

Huddersfield 0-2 Notts Forest[\B] - Loss

Huddersfield 0-0 Northampton - Draw

Preston 0-3 Huddersfield[\B] - Win

Huddersfield[\B] 1-0 Burnley - Win

Huddersfield[\B] 1-0 Coventry - Win

Leeds 1-1 Huddersfield - Win

Luton 1-4 Huddersfield[\B] - Win

Crystal Palace[\B] 2-1 Huddersfield - Loss

Huddersfield[\B] 3-0 Fulham - Win

Pld-27 Won-9 Drn-9 Lst-9 For-28 Ag-28 Gd-0 Pts-36

The clubs top scorers so far are Lars Nilsson and Gyan Asamoah who both have 8.

Also Lars Nilsson is top of the clubs assist chart with 6.

Top of the MoM's for the club is Keeper Martin Rongen who is currently discussing personal terms with 5 clubs over a £1.5m deal. Rongen is also top os the clubs average rating with 8.00.

15th in the table and im happy with that although it is common knowledge among the human managers that i am looking for a move to a bigger club in order to futher my managerial career.

Players coming in -

Mika Vayrynen from Forrest - Free

Jordi Hoogstrate from Derby - Free

Jlloyd Samuel from Fulham - Free

Im looking to bring more new faces into the club and am currently waiting for work permitts for two players and im also awating a responce from a playr wich we have offered a contract.

Until next time icon14.gif.

maccabanner4.jpg

Well......At Least Its Better Than Last Season.

Results So Far:

Crewe 0 - 2 Aston Villa

Liverpool 3 - 1 Crewe

Crewe 0 - 1 Man City

Arsenal 4 - 0 Crewe

Crewe 0 - 1 Norwich

Ipswich 1 - 0 Crewe (League Cup 2nd Round)

Crewe 2 - 0 Portsmouth

West Brom 3 - 1 Crewe

Crewe 3 - 2 Crystal Palace

Birmingham 1 - 2 Crewe

Crewe 1 - 1 Everton

Man Utd 4 - 0 Crewe

Crewe 2 - 1 Tottenham

Crewe 0 - 1 Chelsea

Blackburn 3 - 2 Crewe

Hull 0 - 0 Crewe

Newcastle 0 - 1 Crewe

Crewe 2 - 0 Wolves

Charlton 1 - 1 Crewe

Aston Villa 0 - 0 Crewe

Crewe 0 - 2 Liverpool

Man City 1 - 0 Crewe

Leicester 0 - 0 Crewe

Crewe 2 - 1 Sunderland (FA Cup 3rd Rnd)

Crewe 2 - 1 Arsenal

Hull 1 - 1 Crewe (FA Cup 4th Rnd)

Player Performances This Season

Nigerian Stk Benjamin has stepped up this season and has turned in some great performances,espically when being played out of position.Jiri Koubsky & Roman Hubnik have formed a great partnership so far,keeping things tight and chipping in with a couple of goals.Phil Johnson has really impressed since joining on loan from Arsenal,so much so that Macari is talking to Arsene Wenger to see if it would be possible to make Phil Johnson a permanent additon like he did last season with Mithcell Murphy.

Ali Al-Habsi.....What more can i say,this lad is destained to go down as one of Crewe's greatest players ever.Solid agin this season,great from,some fantastic saves.He has been attracting a bit of interest but i assure you he is going no where.

It's Bosman Time Baby!!!

Now without giving anything away to the vultures that be the other human mangers of FA Challege(Yes you's! Espically you Peach! I Still remember David Villa!). I have my eye's on a few bosman transfer's fro end of the season,will update you of confirmend deals next report. Being a week before tha close of the January Transfer i am trying to work my magic,two deals are on the table one of which im very excited about,hopefully bringing in an England international for under £im! We'll see.

Until Next Time

Mac10 Out!

peachbanner6.jpg

Chelsea Back On Track After Slow Start

Premiership Results

Chelsea 0-1 Liverpool

Man City 2-4 Chelsea

Norwich 2-2 Chelsea

Chelsea 0-3 Arsenal

Chelsea 1-0 Newcastle

Chelsea 3-1 West Brom

Crystal Palace 1-1 Chelsea

Chelsea 3-0 Birmingham

Everton 1-1 Chelsea

Chelsea 2-1 Man Utd

Tottenham 1-2 Chelsea

Chelsea 0-0 Leicester

Blackburn 0-3 Chelsea

Crewe 0-1 Chelsea

Chelsea 3-0 Hull

Portsmouth 0-4 Chelsea

Wolves 0-2 Chelsea

Chelsea 0-0 Charlton

Aston Villa 0-3 Chelsea

Liverpool 1-0 Chelsea

Chelsea 3-0 Man City

Arsenal 2-4 Chelsea

Chelsea 2-0 Norwich

Newcastle 0-3 Chelsea

Premiership Table

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">| Pos | Inf | Team | | Pld | Won | Drn | Lst | For | Ag | G.D. | Pts |

| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 1st | | Arsenal | | 24 | 19 | 2 | 3 | 64 | 21 | +43 | 59 |

| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 2nd | | Chelsea | | 24 | 16 | 5 | 3 | 47 | 16 | +31 | 53 |

| 3rd | | Man Utd | | 23 | 17 | 2 | 4 | 46 | 16 | +30 | 53 |

| 4th | | Liverpool | | 24 | 14 | 8 | 2 | 38 | 16 | +22 | 50 |

| 5th | | Tottenham | | 24 | 15 | 4 | 5 | 55 | 32 | +23 | 49 |

| 6th | | Newcastle | | 24 | 12 | 3 | 9 | 41 | 29 | +12 | 39 |

| 7th | | Leicester | | 24 | 10 | 9 | 5 | 39 | 27 | +12 | 39 |

| 8th | | Everton | | 23 | 8 | 8 | 7 | 32 | 29 | +3 | 32 |

| 9th | | Charlton | | 24 | 8 | 6 | 10 | 29 | 30 | -1 | 30 |

| 10th | | Norwich | | 23 | 8 | 6 | 9 | 31 | 34 | -3 | 30 |

| 11th | | Wolves | | 24 | 8 | 5 | 11 | 22 | 25 | -3 | 29 |

| 12th | | Man City | | 24 | 7 | 5 | 12 | 29 | 42 | -13 | 26 |

| 13th | | West Brom | | 24 | 7 | 5 | 12 | 30 | 45 | -15 | 26 |

| 14th | | Birmingham | | 23 | 7 | 4 | 12 | 26 | 37 | -11 | 25 |

| 15th | | Aston Villa | | 23 | 5 | 8 | 10 | 25 | 38 | -13 | 23 |

| 16th | | Crewe | | 23 | 6 | 5 | 12 | 19 | 33 | -14 | 23 |

| 17th | | Blackburn | | 23 | 6 | 4 | 13 | 24 | 36 | -12 | 22 |

| 18th | | Portsmouth | | 24 | 5 | 6 | 13 | 21 | 43 | -22 | 21 |

| 19th | | Hull | | 24 | 4 | 3 | 17 | 21 | 58 | -37 | 15 |

| 20th | | Crystal Palace | | 23 | 1 | 8 | 14 | 27 | 59 | -32 | 11 |

| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|</pre>

FA Cup Results

FA Cup 3rd Round

Chelsea 3-0 Bristol Rovers

FA Cup 4th Round

Chelsea 3-0 Doncaster

League Cup Results

League Cup 3rd Round

Birmingham 0-0 Chelsea

Chelsea Win On Penalties

League Cup 4th Round

Man Utd 0-2 Chelsea

UEFA Cup Results

UEFA Cup 1st Round

Rubin 0-0 Chelsea

Chelsea 4-0 Rubin

Group E

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">| Pos | Inf | Team | | Pld | Won | Drn | Lst | For | Ag | G.D. | Pts |

| 1st | Q | Chelsea | | 4 | 4 | 0 | 0 | 11 | 0 | +11 | 12 |

| 2nd | Q | Athletic Club | | 4 | 3 | 0 | 1 | 4 | 4 | 0 | 9 |

| 3rd | Q | Levski (Sofia) | | 4 | 2 | 0 | 2 | 7 | 6 | +1 | 6 |

| 4th | | Zeleznik | | 4 | 1 | 0 | 3 | 2 | 7 | -5 | 3 |

| 5th | | Monaco | | 4 | 0 | 0 | 4 | 2 | 9 | -7 | 0 |

| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|</pre>

Manager’s Note

This season my team have certainly come into their own, I now have the team that I want and am very confident of more success and silverware this season. We currently stand 2nd in the league table and I am very confident that we can keep up our good form and make it into the Champions League next season. I have a few transfer targets and will be looking to pursue them and **** Gordon "Mr. Crewe" Macari off, once again! icon_biggrin.gif

Until Next Time

James Woodward

dalebanner2.jpg

Tottenham's Season Full Of Highs And Lows

Dale Smurthwaite's Spurs side finished the season on a high note but it came at a cost which I shall detail later. Firstly though, here is a recap of the later results of the season.

Aston Villa 1 V Tottenham 4

Tottenham 0 V Liverpool 0

Manchester City 1 V Tottenham 3

Arsenal 6 V Tottenham 0

Tottenham 4 V Norwich 1

Newcastle 4 V Tottenham 0

QPR 1 V Tottenham 4 - FA Cup 3rd Round

Norwich 0 V Tottenham 3 - League Cup Semi Final 1st Leg

Tottenham 0 V Portsmouth 0

West Brom 1 V Tottenham 2

Tottenham 3 V Blackburn 1 - FA Cup 4th Round

Tottenham 1 V Norwich 0 - League Cup Semi Final 2nd Leg

Tottenham 3 V Crystal Palace 1

Tottenham 0 V Everton 0

Manchester Utd 3 V Tottenham 0

Birmingham 0 V Tottenham 3

Birmingham 2 V Tottenham 0 - FA Cup 5th Round

Ajax 3 V Tottenham 3 - Champions League 1st Knockout, Round 1st Leg

Tottenham 1 V Manchester Utd 0 - League Cup Final

Tottenham 3 V Blackburn 0

Tottenham 4 V Ajax 1 - Champions League 1st Knockout Round, 2nd Leg

Tottenham 1 V Leicester 2

Chelsea 3 V Tottenham 1

Tottenham 1 V Crewe 1

Bayern Munich 3 V Tottenham 2 - Champions League Quarter Final 1st Leg

Hull 2 V Tottenham 2

Tottenham 3 V Bayern Munich 0 - Champions League Quarter Final 2nd Leg

Tottenham 2 V Wolves 0

Charlton 0 V Tottenham 2

AC Milan 3 V Tottenham 0 - Champions League Semi Final 1st Leg

Tottenham 0 V Aston Villa 0

Tottenham 1 V AC Milan 0 - Champions League Semi Final 2nd Leg

Liverpool 1 V Tottenham 2

Tottenham 2 V Manchester City 1

A very proud performance in the Champions League considering it was Tottenham's first outing in the competition. Dale Smurthwaite certainly did well with the small team he had.

As well as the success in the Champions League, Smurthwaite's team also made a final push in the Premiership a claimed the 4th spot from a fading Liverpool side whos manager Rafa Benitez was looking like he was getting the sack. In a shock move, Dale Smrthwaite expressed an interest in the Liverpool job. The Tottenham fans bombarded a radio phone in with the hope of persuading their manager to stay on at White Hart Lane. It was a gallant but futile move as Dale Smurthwaite was appointed the new Liverpool manager on the 25th of May 2012.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I would like to thank the Tottenham board for giving me the opportunity to manage such a fine team, and also the fans for believing in me for so long. I'm sorry that I can't stay on, but I feel that I have to further my career at another club. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

dalebanner6.jpg

Dale Smurthwaite Appointed As New Liverpool Manager

Lets get straight into Smurthwaite's first pre-season with The Reds.

PLAYERS OUT

FLC - Tim Janssen - £1.3M to Sheffield Utd

MC - Peter McDonald - £1.7M to Manchester City

FC - Aldo Andres Jara - ££6.25M to Sampdoria

PLAYERS IN

D/DMRLC - Billy Jones - £3M From Tottenham Hotspur

AMLC - Bobby Convey - £5M from Tottenham Hotspur

GK - Kasper Schmeichel - £4M from Tottenham Hotspur

DRC - Daniele Bonera - £11M from Inter Milan

DC - Alex - £11.5M from Real Madrid

Smurthwaite has certainly spent big so far, but was given the funds to do so. The signing of Bonera and Alex pleased the fans and they all hope they can do a job for Liverpool this season. The fans are certainly warming to Smurthwaite after he sacrificed a Champions League place with Tottenham to take over at Liverpool who play in the Uefa Cup this season.

With one more possible signing on the cards, the new manager has signalled his intent to win the Premiership title this coming season. His new fans and chaiman certainly hope so, thats what the hired him for.

Until my next report...

DS.

kylobanner.jpg

Well....brilliant season in the end, after the first dozen games i feared for out place in the Championship but after that i turned it around and managed a 7th place finish, then i started to cry...i missed out on the play-offs by a point. But all in all im delighted and so are the fans and board (there still beign tight with the cash though).

Here are the results from the last few games

Results

Huddersfield 0-1 Sheff Utd

OPR 1-2 Huddersfield

Huddersfield 1-1 Bolton

Plymouth 2-3 Huddersfield

Boro 2-0 Huddersfield

Sunderland 1-2 Huddersfield

Huddersfield 3-0 Reading

Southampton 3-2 Huddersfield

Huddersfield 2-0 Stoke

Barnsley 1-1 Huddersfield

Huddersfield 1-0 Sheff Wed

Brentford 2-6 Huddersfield

Huddersfield 3-0 Notts Forrest

Huddersfield 1-0 Wigan

West Ham 2-1 Huddersfield

Northampton 1-0 Huddersfield

Huddersfield 1-0 Preston

Burnley 1-0 Huddersfield

Pld-46 Won-20 Drn-12 Lst-14 For-59 Ag-44 G.D-+15 Pts-72

Now lets have a look at the players i have signed so far this summer,

Players in

Vayrynen - Notts Forrest - Free

Hoogstrate - Derby - Free

Samuel - Fulham - Free

Jackson - West Brom - Free

Johnstone - Crewe - Free

Korzym - Crewe - Free

Schaap - Ajax - Free

All free transfers so far but looking to get a few more in.

Now players i have so far sold,

Players out

Asamoah - Reading - £1.5m

Powell - Free transfer

Shaw - Free transfer

French - Free transfer

Zutautas - Derby - Free transfer

Thomas - Millwall - Free transfer

Hirsz - Free transfer

Hales - Free transfer

So, afterr a nice 7th placed finish last season in the coming season i am definetley looking to finish in the play-offs if not get a auto promotion place, nice big squad that i have strengthend over the summer and im looking to maybe get a little more fire power up front after selling Asamoah.

Wish me luck.

Until next time.

raybanner3.jpg

In the football merry go round we have a statement from out Derby correspondent Mr Relisy.

[QOUTE]Ray Robson sacked again, With the clubs poor league position the chairman announced he had no choice to but sack Mr Robson.

What now for Mr Robson we asked and he give us this response

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Well it was to be expected the results were not what we wanted and to be at a big club like Derby we all expected the results to pick up, I am very hopefully of being back in football very soon. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Speaking of jobs there has been a development at Elland road in the past hour, I pass you over to to our Leeds correspondent Miss Campbell.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Well in a sensational twist the former Derby man has been appointed manger of Leeds Utd, With the task of saving Leeds from relegation it is a prospect the manger cant wait to get his teeth into. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

p><p>Alan O

Paulo Ferreira from Crewe for 150k

Martin Brittain from Crewe for 100k

David Modino from Blackpool for 2.1mil

Ymma Boakye from Ajax for 325k

No players have left the club as yet as i want to assess there ability to play for this great club.

Now for some results

Results round up

Leeds 0 vs 0 Brentford

Wigan 2 vs 0 Leeds

Leeds 1 vs 1 West ham

Nottm Forrest 3 vs 0 Leeds

Leeds 2 vs 0 Northampton

Preston 1 vs 2 Leeds

Leeds 1 vs 1 Luton

Leeds 4 vs 0 Burnley

Coventry 0 vs 1 Leeds

Fulham 1 vs 1 Leeds

Leeds 2 vs 0 Boro

Leeds 1 vs 2 Sheff Utd

Thats the season finished and we finished in 18th place, We are very happy with that and now we need to rebuild in a few positions and we will be able to make a push for the Premiership.

http://www.fachallenge.co.uk/images/raybanner4.jpg//

End of season stats

Highest Attendance:- 39,473 (vs Southampton)

Average Attendance:- 28,858

Biggest Win:- 4-0 (derby)

Biggest Defeat:- 4-0 (Boro)

Most Games Won in Row:- 2

Most Games Lost in a Row:- 3

Most Games Without Losing:- 9

Most Games Without Winning:- 8

Top Goalscorer:- Ricardo Van Te (15 goals)

Top League Goalscorer:- Ricardo Van Te (13 goals)

Most Goals in a Match:- Ricardo Van Te (3 goals)

Most Assists:- Dylan Macallister (7 assists)

Highest Average Rating:- Alan O'Brien (7.59)

Most MoM's:- Alan O'Brien (4)

Worst Discipline:- Peter Clark (5 yellows and 0 red)

Youngest Player:- Robert Holmes (16 years old)

Oldest Player:- Peter Enckelman (36 Years Old)

Fans Player of the Year:- Jay Lucas

Thats if from me and next time i will have a round up of the forthcoming transfers.

Go Leeds

http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif' alt='icon_smile.gif'>

andybanner3.jpg

Swans season not going to plan for under-fire manager Andy Silk

After promising signs in pre-season the 2010/11 season started full of promise for the South Wales team. With several acquisitions in the summer ranging from promising youngsters to experienced campaigners all involved with the club were looking forward to the new season, but at the start of the festive season they found themselves in the bottom half of the table and dangerously close to the drop zone. Hero from the previous season Andy Silk was quickly turning into enemy number one at Swansea. With the new year just starting Andy Silk will have to pull off a minor miricle to stay in the job and turn around the fortunes of Swansea City.

andybanner3.jpg

Swans manager Andy Silk sacked after another loss

Swansea City today sacked their manager Andy Silk after a 3-1 defeat to Millwall that left the club in definate danger of getting involved in the relegatin scrape. After little more than a year in charge of the South Wales club, Andy Silk finds himself out of work, with the Swansea City board living up to their reputation of being one of the less patient boards in the game. After saving Swansea from relegation last season it is understood that the progress Swansea were making under Silk was not good enough for a club of high ambition. With several jobs available Andy Silk has said he is looking for an imediate return to management and hopes it won't be long before he is at a new club.

andybanner4.jpg

Bristol Rovers today announced that former Swansea and Port Vale manager Andy Silk was to be the new manager at The Memorial Stadium

After just 12 days out of work Andy Silk has began work at League 2 side Bristol Rovers, with the side currently in mid-table the board felt that the appointment of Andy Silk could help the club push for a play-off spot in the last few months of the season. With the squad a bit on the thin side Silk has stated his ambition to add a few big signings before the end of the season.

Silk made the following signings before the end of the season;

Nathan Jordan, defender on loan from Newcastle.

Jonathan Fortune, another centre back signed from old club Swansea for 5k.

Daniel Chillingworth, proven goalscorer signed from Burnley for 3k.

Ryan Taylor, versatile defender coming from Swansea for 35k.

Tamika Mkandawire, central defedner again bought from Swansea for 8k.

Andy Monkhouse, exciting midfielder from Rotherham signed for 170k.

Kjell Thu, attacking midfielder from Port Vale at 140k.

Osei Sankofa, solid right-back from Mansfield signed for 9k, also a deadly penalty taker.

Simon Williams, young dmc signed on loan from Chelsea.

With these signings Andy Silk was confident they could sneak into the play-offs this season then maybe push for promotion next season. But with a run of 9 games unbeaten at the end of the season Bristol Rovers managed to sneak into the play-offs on goaldifference. They would play Leyton Orient in the Semi-Finals.

Leyton Orient 1-2 Bristol Rovers

A hard fought 2-1 win over a strong Orient side that put Rovers in a very strong positin for the second leg.

Bristol Rovers 3-0 Leyton Orient

A tremendous win where we dominated from start to finish to set up a Final against Colchester.

2010/11 League 2 Play-off Final;

Bristol Rovers 3-1 Colchester

Although the scoreline suggests an easy victory for Rovers it was anything but, with Colchester pushing us all the way to the end where we wrapped it up in the last few minutes.

Promotion to League 1 had been secured by Andy Silk in his first 6 months as manager of Bristol Rovers. The fans and board alike were over the moon with the way things were going and Silk was being hailed as a genius by the fans. But having been in this position just 12 months ago with Swansea City there was no way Andy Silk was gonna let the talk go to his head. League 1 is a lot different to League 2 that is for sure.

andybanner4.jpg

Bristol Rovers look to establish place in League 1 first and foremost

With Bristol Rovers looking to avoid relegation straight back to League 2 Andy Silk has made quite a few signings with quite a lot of the older players leaving on a free transfer to free up room in the squad. Calvin Zola was the only big-name player to leave Bristol Rovers in the summer, his departure was meet by disapproval from the fans but Silk has assured them he won't be missed.

The major signings in the summer were;

Carlos Garcia, defender from Spain signed for 110k.

Justice Christopher, Nigerian international with vast experience, a dmc of real class, cost 16k.

Simon Walton, ex-Leeds player of great talent, a dmc who can also play dc. A free transfer.

Scott Smart, another freebie of great talent, right winger with a box of tricks to trouble anyone.

Jamie Mole, bosman signing from Hearts, a young striker with good potential.

Paal Haar, Norweigen amc with great flair and vision, cost 55k from Fana.

Roberto Santini, 18 year-old keeper of tremendous talent, already pushing for a 1st team place.

Hjalmar Porarinsson, Iceland 18 cap international signed from Derby for 28k, looking to score the goals to keep us in the league.

Season 2011/12 Report;

After a strong 1st season back in League 1 Rovers finish in 10th position

With a decent record of 16 wins, 16 draws and 14 loses Bristol Rovers exceeded all expectations by finishing comfortably in the top half, just 8 points off the play-offs. The stars of the season were top scorer Nathan Tyson with 12 goals in all, Scott Smart who set up a good number of those goals from right wing, Kjell Thu who pulled all the strings from the central midfield position, Roberto Santini who had the most MoM awards in the whole team from goalkeeper, all teh more impressive considering he is only 18 years-old and Osei Sankofa who was solid in defence and a leader on the pitch.

Bristol Rovers will be looking to improve on this 10th position next season after doing better than expected this season tho the pressure will be on manager Andy Silk.

andybanner4.jpg

Rovers fans hoping for a successful 2012/13 season ahead

With the season about to start Rovers will be looking to push for a Play-off spot this season after suprising everyone last season by finishing 10th, Andy Silk has brough in 5 new signings this season who will be looking to take Rovers that step further and into the Play-offs.

The 20012/13 pre-season signings were;

Mark Thorpe, a young midfielder from Newcastle with great potential who should push for a starting spot, signed for 500k.

Will Hoskins, striker from Watford who will be looking to get 20 goals this season, a free transfer.

Stuart Elliot, 16 year-old dmc with great potential, a star for the future without a doubt.

John Hodges, another youngster with an exciting future, a central defender of high class.

Billy Paynter, ex-Port Vale striker re-united with manager Andy Silk under who he had his best ever seasons, will look to repeat his strike rate under Silk.

With these exciting new signings on board Silk has stated publically his ambition to reach the Play-offs, but the decision to vent these hopes for the team could backfire if the team do not achieve them.

Untill next time,

Silk

xxx

maccabanner4.jpg

January News

Well its bosman time baby! i do thrive at this time of the season. Before i go into my wheela dealings for the summer i was able to make possibly the best signing in the premiership all season! Stewart Downing came in for 750k! An england international for under a million pounds! To say stewart had a good effect on the team is a bit of an understatment,Now im not saying it was all him as a lot of the team put in great performances but Stewart's presence seemed to lift the rest of the squad. Sitting in 17th place,the season wasnt looking good but 2nd half of the season results turned it right round!

Results

Results including a 6 - 0 demolition of Hull City,several very crediable draw's with Arsenal,Man U & Spurs. All in all it was a very sucssesfull 2nd half these results coupled with great performeces resulted in a record high finish of 10th place for Crewe!!

Players

Well apart from the obvious star Stewart Downing,Robbie Keane showed again why he is one of Crewe's best assests,definetly attaning ledgendery status with the club. Hubnik & Koubsky where solid as i thought they would be,discovering almost a telepathic conecction with one another. Ali al Habsi continues to delight me,his team mates &pundits. Milan Siljanic took a while to settle in but by Febuary he was showing everyone why he is the highest paind player at the club.Torres fitted in well showing us his no non sense style of tackling and passing. Phil johnson who we had on loan from Arsenal for the season was superb and we had hoped to add him to our squad on a permanent basis but we could not agree a fee with them as they have out a 6m pound price tag on the player which unfortunatly is out of our reach at the moment.

Manager's Log.....Crewe Date : August 2012

A lot has transpiered since the last time i wrote,the arrival of the great Stewart Downing has really shaking things up,i myslef have had an interesting summer,securing the signaturs of Akin Serhat who was a top goal scorer in Turkey last season,plus the like's of Stephan Pearson to bolster the midfield. I have also found myself in the news this summer with my name being touted around for both the tottenham & Liverpool jobs,i must declare for the benefit of those two clubs that nither made any offer. However i did recive two jobs offers during the summer one from Blackburn rovers & the other from Crystal Palace,i of course gracefully said no,like ive said to the board,players and fans im here for the long run. Crewe Thru & Thru!!!

Till next time

Mac10 Out!

thomasbanner.jpg

October 1st 2012 - Breaking News from St James Park, Exeter

After yet another loss in the league, Exeter Chairman Ian Huxham decided that enough was enough, and decided to bring in the relatively unknown norwegian Thomas Nybekk as new manager.

37 year old Nybekk, whos previously have been a part of VÃ¥lerengas youth coaching team, has no experience from real football managment, but is still highly rated by Huxham

Huxham told the press that "Nybekk is the man to bring the team back on track. Our main goal is to start rebuilding our squad, get some new faces in and save our place in League 2.

A man with Nybekks coaching skills and his experience working with youngsters, will suit us just perfect."

When asked what he expected to get from this season, Nybekk replied: "First of all Im extremely happy finally to get the chance of managing a team all by my own. Its gonna be a tough challenge, but looking at the squad and the clubs financial status, Im quite confident that I can get this club back on track. That said, I want to warn every player in the squad. Start performing, or youre out."

With that statement, Nybekk has put tremendous pressure on his own shoulders. Time will show if he is the right man for the job.

November 4th 2012 - Nybekks keeps his promises

"Start performing or youre out" was Nybekks message to the players. And he have kept his promise - 9 players have left St James park after Nybekks arrival, whilst 6 players have been brought in.

This seems to have had a positive effect on the team, since Nybekks arrival Exeter has won against Stevenage and Notts County, draw against Scunthorpe and only lost to Chester in the league. In addition to this, Exeter stunned the English football world by winning 4-1 away to league 1 team Brighton in the LDV Vans Trophy 2nd round.

So far it seems like Nybekk really has something good going on, and we surely hope that he will continue his success.

We asked him to give us a comment on his tactical ideas and the players sold and brought in.

Nybekk, not entirely happy talking to the Exeter Fan Club, said:"Whats there to talk about? My tactical ideas you can see when watching the games - surely the fans are there? About the players, the players brought in are simply more determined, and have more team spirit than those who were axed. When you are up for a challenge like this, you need players that are loyal to the system and work as a team. We cant afford to lose points due to some idiotic players who wont leave the ball to others".

EXETER FC SQUAD PER NOVEMBER 4th

Players brought in by Nybekk are printed in Italics.

GK Michael Poke

GK Simon Cooke - St. Albans - 65K

DR Adam Clough - Forest Green - 12K

DR Stephen Wright

DL Ciaran Lyng - Hednesford - 18K

DL Ian Joy

DC Gabriel Zakuani - Leyton Orient - 50K

DC Tom Burrows

DC Gary Murray - loanee from Southampton

DC Louis Savage - Southend - 65K

AMR Paul Kelly

AMR Thomas Butler

AML Bryan Stewart - Shrewsbury - 10K

AML Gary Robson

MC Sam Robertson

MC Dave Ryan

MC Carl Robinson

MC Robert Purdie

RFC Gary Cousins - loanee from Liverpool

RFC Alex Varney

LFC John Watts

LFC Lee Gray

Players Out

Gareth Sheldon, Rotherham - Free

Andrew Warner, Luton - Free

Martin Graham, Stevenage - Free

Mike Lee, Clevedon - 20K

Dean Moxey, Hornchurch - 14K

John Reeves, Grimsby - 30K

Stuart Nelson, Northwitch - Free

Adam Proudlock, Rochdale - Free

Neil Pearce, Morecambe - Free

Match Facts

Exeter - Chester 0-1

Attendance: 3105

Exeters best player: Gary Cousins(7)

Stevenage - Exeter 0-2

Attendance: 3618

Goalscorers: Robert Purdie, John Watts

Exeters best player: Gary Murray (9)

Exeter - Scunthorpe 1-1

Attendance: 3390

Goalscorers: John Watts

Exeters best player: Thomas Butler(8)

Brighton(L1) - Exeter(L2) 1-4 (LDV Vans Trophy 2nd round)

Attendance: 5027

Goalscorers: Alex Warney(3), Paul Kelly

Exeters best player: Alex Warney(10)

Exeter - Notts County 3-0

Attendance: 4046

Goalscorers: Paul Kelly, Alex Varney

Exeters best player: Adam Clough (8)

We are delighted to see that Varney blossom within the new formation that Nybekk is using. He seems to love his new role, the same does Paul Kelly. Its also good to see that the defence, is rock solid now, only letting in 3 goals in these matches. Thats has been our weakest link this season leaking 12 goals in 11 matches. It looks that the new players that Nybekk has brought in are up to the task.

Well just have to pray that our good run will continue, in which case we as Exeter fans will have many great moments to look forward to.

Next fanletter will be available on: TBA

andybanner4.jpg

Fans anger at poor Rovers form!

All the optimism at the start of the season for Bristol Rovers now seems like a distant memory for many of their fans, after Rovers slipped to just 2 points above the relegation zone. With 14 games gone many of their fans expected the team to be comfortably in the top half or even challenging near the top, but a succession of poor results has left Rovers in 18th position. The only thing that Bristol Rovers fans have had to shout about so far this season is the run into the 4th round of the League Cup, and with Palace up next they will be hoping Silks team can produce a shock result to lift spirits at The Memorial Stadium. During that run in the cup they produced one of the games of the season against Luton with a 6-5 win, with Billy Paynter, Craig Webb and Jamie Mole getting 2 goals each.

No new signings have arrived since the start of the season, but it won't be long till some do if the current form continues.

Tranmere 1-1 Bristol Rovers

Bristol Rovers 2-1 Brentford

Northampton 3-0 Bristol Rovers

Bristol Rovers 1-1 Cambridge

Bristol Rovers 6-5 Luton (League Cup 1st round)

Bristol Rovers 0-1 Blackpool

Swindon 3-0 Bristol Rovers

Bristol Rovers 3-1 MK Dons

Bristol Rovers 2-0 Chesterfield (League Cup 2nd round)

Reading 2-1 Bristol Rovers

Cardiff 1-0 Bristol Rovers (LDV Vans Trophy 1st round)

Bristol Rovers 1-1 Peterborough

Bristol Rovers 5-2 Gillingham

Bradford 0-0 Bristol Rovers

Oxford 3-1 Bristol Rovers

Macclesfield 1-2 Bristol Rovers (League Cup 3rd round)

Bristol Rovers 0-0 Colchester

Bristol Rovers 1-2 Millwall

With support for Andy Silk at Bristol Rovers lessening he will have to start producing results to turn round the situation that Rovers are currently in. Although we are only 14 games into the new league season, if their form continues like this then Silk will be finding himself in an even more desperate situation within the next few months. A new goalkeeper and another central defender are a must if the team is to turn things around, only time will tell if Silk can start winning games before it is too late.

Until next time,

Silk

xxx

raybanner4.jpg

Leeds in a poor slide

The manager said this to the press.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">After 16 games played this season Leeds have drawn 7 already in the process only winning 4 and losing 5, We are very hopeful our unlucky slide will soon turn in our favor! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well he seems confindent, Thats me Miss Campbell your Leeds correspondent signing off.

I made some signings since the season begun and they are:

Players in

Matthew Etherington for free from West Ham

Nigel Howell for free from America (MEX)

Keigan Parker for 450k from West Brom

Loans

Fernando Gallardo from Chelsea

Jermaine Pennant from Arsenal

Thierry Dubois from Chelsea

There was some players that were released as they were deemed to be unfit to wear the Leeds shirt and they are:

Nick Senior

David Banks

Frazer Richardson

Aaron Lennon

Grant McCann

Peter Clark

Simon Lynch

Matt Heath

Richard Garner

Adrian Hutchinson

Michael Owen

Now we have come to the results which are so poor i wont even get you bored with full match reports.

Results

Huddersfield 2 vs 0 Leeds

Luton 1 vs 0 Leeds

Leeds 3 vs 1 Derby

Leeds 1 vs 0 West Ham

Swansea 2 vs 2 Leeds

Leeds 1 vs 1 Cheltenham (League Cup 1st Round lost on pens)

Leeds 0 vs 1 Plymouth

Ipswich 1 vs 5 Leeds

Leeds 0 vs 1 Notts Forrest

Bolton 0 vs 1 Leeds

Sheff Wed 0 vs 0 Leeds

Leeds 1 vs 3 Blackburn

Leeds 2 vs 2 Sunderland

Bristol C 1 vs 1 Leeds

Leeds 1 vs 1 Crystal Palace

Coventry 0 vs 0 Leeds

Leeds 0 vs 0 Stoke

Manager Thoughts

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">With Leeds currently sitting 13th in the English Championship thing's need to pick up for myself and my team we have been very unlucky in more than a 3rd of the games we have played, Our next game is at home to Preston and we are very hopeful of getting back on track! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats me Ray Robson Signing off for now.

Go Leeds

icon_smile.gif

dalebanner6.jpg

Smurthwaite's Reds Are Contenders

Liverpool and new manager Dale Smurthwaite are making a serious title challenge this season and with 14 games played so far, Liverpool lie in 3rd position and only 4 points off leaders Arsenal.

PLAYERS IN

STR - Robinho - £17.5M from Bayern Munich

ML - Alexander Becker - £450K from Bayern Leverkusen

There are also a couple of youngsters arriving in January, but I'll cover them when the time comes.

PLAYERS OUT

AM/FC - Sanli Tuncay - £11.25M to Barcelona

DMC - Scott Cunningham - £1M to Millwall

STR - Terry Bridges - £1.3M to Norwich

STR - Paul Leonard - £400K to Rotherham

FC - Samuel Eto'o - £3.3M to Crewe

Results So Far

Everton 2 V Liverpool 3

Liverpool 2 V Charlton 0

Norwich 2 V Liverpool 3

Liverpool 2 V Southampton 0

Newcastle 4 V Liverpool 3

Liverpool 1 V Manchester City 1

Vaduz 2 V Liverpool 1 - Uefa Cup 1st Round 1st leg

Tottenham 3 V Liverpool 3

Liverpool 3 V Chelsea 2

Liverpool 6 V Vaduz 0 - Uefa Cup 1st Round 2nd Leg

West Brom 0 V Liverpool 5

Liverpool 3 V Aston Villa 0

Liverpool 3 V AZ Alkmaar 1 - Uefa Cup Group E

Portsmouth 0 V Liverpool 3

Swansea 2 V Liverpool 4 - League Cup 3rd Round

Liverpool 2 V Sheffield Utd 0

Liverpool 6 V Crewe 3

Leicester 2 V Liverpool 0

And so a run of 10 games in all competitions comes to an end by losing to a very good Leicester side. That said, team form is very good and the goals are flowing from Yakubu, Cisse and Robinho. Bobby Convey has been a revelation since signing for Smurthwaite at New Anfield and has an average rating of 8.85 in all competitions. Goalkeeper Kasper Schmeichel is maintaining his place in between the sticks, partly due to Chris Kirkland being injured, but mosty because he has been brilliant, pulling off some amazing saves.

Midfielder Steven Gerrard could be on his way out of the club though as he remains unhappy under Smurthwaite's leadership, and should the right offer come along, Smurthwaite is tipped to sell.

With a League Cup 4th Round match next against Southampton, Smurthwaite will be hoping to progress and have the chance of his first silverware with Liverpool. The Premiership remains his priority however.

Until my next report...

DS.

andybanner4.jpg

Shock news at Rovers as Silk departes!

No he wasn't sacked.....this time!! Bristol Rovers manager Andy Silk has decided to retire from football management, the reason he gave for his departure from The Memorial Stadium, was that he wanted to concentrate on his growing fast-food business. Many Bristol Rovers fans have said that he went before he was pushed, but Silk will be missed in the game by many. He has left Bristol Rovers in an awkward position though, with the team just above the relegation zone in 20th position, and with only a few months left in the season the new manager will have to settle in quickly.

A profile of Andy Silks career;

During his managerial career Andy Silk managed 4 clubs, he started at Wycombe Wanderers where he had 1 and a half solid seasons before taking the Port Vale job. This was where Silk will be best remembered as he took the Vale Park side from League 2 to The Championship in consecutive seasons. His 4 year reign at the club will be held in great memory even if he did leave under bad circumstance when he left for home-town club Swansea City in 2010. His dream move to Swansea didnt work out according to plan when in his 2nd season he was sacked for failing to keep The Swans high enough up the division for the boards liking, despite saving them from relegation the season before. He then spent a month out of the game before taking the vacant Bristol Rovers job, he spent big at the boards request and it brought results as Rovers were promoted via the Play-offs with Silk having been manager for only a few months. The next few seasons saw Bristol Rovers consolidate their position in League 1, before season 2012/13 saw Andy Silk retire from football management.

I would like to thank all the members in clan for making it enjoyable, I will miss it, just wish I could have got to the Premiership!

Keep in touch,

Silk

xxx

raybanner4.jpg

Sacked again

Well my time at leeds was never great but the shock i got when i got sacked was one i never expected, What next for myself i wonder.

Ray Robson makes a statement to the press

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I am in talks with Crystal Palace chairman Simon Jordan about a possible move to Selhurst Park we both feel i can make a difference </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

raybanner5.jpg

New man at the Palace

After only a few days out of football Simon Jordan today confirmed that Ray Robson will be taking over with immediate effect, The chairman made this statement to the press.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">With the club in the relegation zone, We needed a man with the experience to get us out and i firmly believe the the man for that is Ray Robson </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well a new start for myself and my chairman Simon Jordan is a man of his word and he has backed it up by giving me 41 million to spend.

Lets get spending

The players to arrive at Selhurst Park were.

David Modino from Leeds for 4.6 mil

Paul Harrison from Rushden for 300k

Ricardo Vaz Te from Leeds for 8 mil

Daniel Sturridge from Derby for 3.2 mil P/Ex

Leon Andreasen from Valladolid for 3.5 mil

Chris Cohen from Burnley for 6 mil

Victor Karlsson from Notts Forrest for 2.1 mil

Andy James from Bristol City for 3.1 mil

Total spent 32.5 million

The only player to leave the club was Matt Robson to Derby as part of the deal to bring Daniel Sturridge to the club.

Survival starts now

With only 15 games left to go in the current season and the club 7 points from safety we must start winning now.

The remaining results

C Palace 5 vs 2 Sunderland

C Palace 3 vs 0 Coventry

Bristol C 1 vs 0 C Palace

Hull 0 vs 0 C Palace

Stoke 2 vs 0 C Palace

C Palace 1 vs 0 Leeds

Q.P.R. 2 vs 3 C Palace

Barnsley 2 vs 0 C Palace

C Palace 1 vs 1 Burnley

C Palace 1 vs 1 Preston

Wigan 0 vs 1 C Palace

C Palace 1 vs 0 Boro

Luton 1 vs 1 C Palace

C Palace 0 vs 0 Derby

Huddersfeild 3 vs 0 C Palace

My aim for the club was to not get relegated and we haven't been, Finishing in 18th place. Now we build for next season and the push for the Premiership will begin.

raybanner5.jpg

End of season stats

Highest Attendance:- 32,822 Against West Ham

Average Attendance:- 28,706

Biggest Win:- 5-2 (Against Sunderland)

Biggest Defeat:- 5-0 (Against Swansea)

Most Games Won in Row:- 2

Most Games Lost in a Row:- 8

Most Games Without Losing:- 8

Most Games Without Winning:- 11

Top Goalscorer:- Oribe Peralta (21 Goals)

Top League Goalscorer:- Oribe Peralta (16 Goals)

Most Goals in a Match:- Oribe Peralta (3 goals)

Most Assists:- Chris Peters (11 assists)

Highest Average Rating:- Mark Hodgson (7.28)

Most MoM's:- Chris Peters (5)

Worst Discipline:- Richard Rudd (11 yellows and 0 red)

Youngest Player:- Alex Downes (16 years old)

Oldest Player:- Leon Andreasen (36 Years Old)

Fans Player of the Year:- Oribe Peralta

My Thoughts

We did what we set out to do and that was to stay in the Championship, Now i will be aiming to make some quality signing in the preseason and go for the push to get us back where we belong.

The Premiership

Till next time.

icon_smile.gif

thomasbanner.jpg

February 12th - Nybekk ends his Exeter career

So, fellow Exeter fans, the day has come. Our manager has decided to jump the sinking ship and aim higher to furthen his career. Even though our results have been slipping lately, I must say that Nybekk is Exeters best manager in modern times.

Its just a shame that our players wont take orders.

Good luck at Reading, Mr Nybekk!

thomasbanner2.jpg

Our saviour, Mr Thomas Nybekk has been kind enough to share with us some of the highlights from the season.

I left Exeter with mixed emotions, because I loved the club, but at the same time the players were plain childish.

So when I was notified that Reading wanted me, it was a tough decision...But looking back, its not a decision I regret.

I was welcomed both by players, board and you fans. You all made it very clear that you were behind me.

Our squad wasnt the strongest when I took over, but thanks to the board - we were able to bring in some quality players:

Michael Porter - Man City - 1.1M

Andrew Ingram - Leicester - 325K

Ben Pitman - Forest Green - 925K

Kevin Whitehead - Liverpool - 1M

The only player who have left us is David Quinn, who unfortunately did not fit into my plans.

The boards expectations was to stay clear of relegation, which wasnt a big problem for us - thanks to the commitment of our players. In the remaining 14 matches of the season, we managed 6 wins, 5 draws and only 3 losses - which took us to 10th place icon_smile.gif

I must say that Im proud of the lads icon14.gif

Some facts from last season:

Top Goalscorer: Gyan Asamoah - 16

Most Assists: David Pipe - 8

Highest Average Rating: Carlton Cole - 7.40

Most Man of the Match: Carlton Cole - 4

And Carlton Cole was named by you, the fans, as Player of the year icon_smile.gif

Therefore Im sorry to say that Carlton is not longer a part of our team. Thanks to some clerical error, his contract where never renewed, so he decided to join Luton.

The same thing happened with our winger David Pipe.

This means that this years squad is a bit weaker than I would prefer - but we will see what we can do about that icon_wink.gif

Current squad, 24th of July

GK Chris Howarth

DR Sean Cronin, Mark Watkins

DL Paul Mayo, Daniel Harding

DC Wes Morgan, Mark Wright, Kevin Whitehead, Ian Jenkins

AMR

AML Michael Porter, Paul Murphy

MC Colin Healy, Joe Walters, Andrew Ingram, Ben Pitman

SC Gyan Asamoah, Robert Adams, Mark Burrows

As you can see, we lack a couple of players here, but dont worry - Im confident that we will have sorted it out in time to our opening match at home against Bradford.

Keep supporting the team like you always do, and we will meet again icon_smile.gif

dalebanner6.jpg

Liverpool's Last Gasp Effort Fails

Dale Smurthwaite's Liverpool made a valiant effort to challenge for the Premiership title, but it was in vain and his first season in charge failed to bring back any silverware to New Anfield. After making good progress in the Uefa Cup, The FA Cup, League Cup and the Premiership, Liverpool went home empty handed much to Smurthwaite's disappointment, but they did manage to secure Champions League football again next season after an absence in the competition ths year.

Results Rundown

Liverpool 0 V Southampton 2 - League Cup 4th Round

Liverpool 3 V Manchester Utd 2

Steaua Bucharest 2 V Liverpool 3 - Uefa Cup Group E

Arsenal 7 V Liverpool 2

Liverpool 4 V Banik Ostrava 1 - Uefa Cup Group E

Liverpool 5 V Fulham 1

Wolves 2 V Liverpool 2

Nantes 3 V Liverpool 3 - Uefa Cup Group E

Liverpool 3 V Birmingham 0

Liverpool 2 V Everton 1

Charlton 0 V Liverpool 2

Liverpool 2 V Norwich 0

Southampton 1 V Liverpool 3

Liverpool 4 V Newcastle 0

Gloucester 0 V Liverpool 7 - FA Cup 3rd Round

Manchester City 3 V LIverpool 5

Liverpool 3 V Luton 0 - FA Cup 4th Round

Liverpool 4 V Tottenham 0

Chelsea 4 V Liverpool 0

Liverpool 2 V West Brom 0

Aston Villa 1 V Liverpool 3

Liverpool 4 V Lazio 0 - Uefa Cup 1st Knockout Round 1st Leg

Lazio 0 V Liverpool 3 - Uefa Cup 1st Knockout Round 2nd Leg

Crewe 0 V Liverpool 4 - FA Cup 5th Round

Crewe 2 V Liverpool 1

Liverpool 2 V Real Madrid 0 - Uefa Cup 2nd Knockout Round 1st Leg

Real Madrid 5 V Liverpool 1 - Uefa Cup 2nd Knockout Round 2nd Leg

Liverpool 2 V Portsmouth 0

Aston Villa 3 V Liverpool 1 - FA Cup 6th Round

Liverpool 2 V Leicester 0

Sheffield Utd 2 V Liverpool 3

Manchester Utd 3 V Liverpool 2

Liverpool 3 V Arsenal 2

Fulham 1 V Liverpool 0

Liverpool 1 V Wolves 0

Birmingham 0 V Liverpool 0

So in the end, Liverpool finished 3rd. 4 points behind 2nd placed Manchester Utd and 6 points away from Premiership winners Arsenal. Smurthwaite was very pleased with how his team coped with the pressure of challenging for the title and only a few games cost them the title, if those results had been wins, Smurthwaite and Liverpool would be going home with the title, but it was not to be this year.

On the player front, Andres D'Alessandro has requested a transfer from the club, but for what what reason, Smurthwaite does not know. He had the same problem when the player was at Spurs under Dale's management. Maybe he just doesn't like his manager. Steven Gerrard is unhappy but I'm sure that will turn around. As yet there have been no offers for these players.

Club Stats For Season 2012/13

League Position - 3rd with 85 points.

Goals Scored - 94, Goals Against - 51.

Top Scorer - Djibril Cisse with 42.

Most Games Won In A Row - 10 from 16/12/2012 - 26/01/2013.

Most Games Lost In A Row - 2 from 04/11/2012 - 07/11/2012.

MOst Games Without Losing - 14 from 29/11/2012 - 26/01/2013.

Most Games Without Winning - 4 from 27/08/2012 - 16/09/2012.

Fans PLayer Of The Year - Djibril Cisse.

Premiership Players' Player Of The Year - Bobby Convey (Liverpool).

Premiership Footballer Of The Year - Bobby Convey (Liverpool).

Manager, Dale Smurthwaite's Liverpool PLayer Of The Year - Robinho.

With the Board certain to be expecting more from Liverpool next season, Smurthwaite had better add some depth to his squad or risk facing the same outcome to his season again next year. Rumour has it that there are some big names already on their way. We'll just have to see.

dalebanner6.jpg

Well another season rolls round and Liverpool manager Dale Smurthwaite has made some changes to his squad already in preparation for the coming campaign.

PLAYERS OUT

FRLC - Landon Donovan - £8M to Manchester Utd

M/STR - Adam Cook - £4.1M to Zaragoza

PLAYERS IN

DMC - Benoit Pedretti - Free Transfer from Marseille

D/DMC - Joseph Yobo - Free Transfer from Arsenal

AM/FLC - Jonathon Blondel - £4.4M from Aston villa

D/DMLC - Stefano Rizzi - Free Transfer...(Again)

D/DML - Patrice Evra - £11M from Roma

Thats the big spending for the season I think and with only a few quid left in the transfer kitty, Smurthwaite will have to hope he doesn't need any more high profile players during the course of the season. The squad is of a decent size now though and the defence has certainly be bolstered as this was cause for concern last season. Smurthwaite said that he was pleased with his current team and hopes to smash the competition this year.

Good luck to him for the season and may the best team win, namely Liverpool icon_wink.gif

Until my next report...

DS.

mydoncasterbannerforfachalleng.jpg

images2na.jpg

Shocking start calls for changes to be made....

Yesterday, Doncaster manager Patric Walker stormed out of the club ground yesterday after a meeting with chief excecutive Steven Jonston .

Doncaster who were relegated from League 1 last season were the bookies favourites to get straight back up to League 1 but have surprisingly lacked form the past month.

That has called Patric Walker to be dismissed from the Community Stadium after a poor start to the league campaign.

Next day....

Doncaster do a quickie....

Doncaster have appointed young, talented manager Brian Crawford to take over the struggling side just one day after Patric Walker was sacked.

Chief Excecutive Steven Jonston has called a Press Conference at 1pm this afternoon.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Hello ladies and gentlemen. My name is Brian Crawford and I will be taking over as Doncaster manager as from now. I believe I will get the team back into League 1 but this will take time. I will be looking with the board over a numerous of players to fire us up the table. Now the only thing you need to do is to support me, give me time and I will make this happen icon_smile.gif

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now most fans seem to be angry and believe the club were wrong to appoint a rookie such as Crawford icon_mad.gif

They think the board should have taken their time in deciding a manager to recover and get us back up.

Crawford had this to say...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Now I understand the fans are fuming at the appointed of me but they are not to worry.

Yes, I am under pressure but I get this club further than ever icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Confident words from Crawford, he is risking his job saying these words, let's hope he does us proud and takes us further icon_smile.gif....

Good luck to life in League 2 Brian, c'mon son, get us back on track icon_wink.gif

More to follow on next Report...

Flabarama

peachbanner6.jpg

Chelsea Start Season Well

This season for a change Chelsea have been quick off the mark and are at the top of the table tied on points with Dale Smurtwaite’s Liverpool.

Premiership Results

Everton 0-1 Chelsea

Chelsea 1-1 Newcastle

Chelsea 4-0 Blackburn

Charlton 0-1 Chelsea

Chelsea 3-0 Hull

Huddersfield 0-2 Chelsea

Chelsea 2-0 Southampton

Tottenham 2-3 Chelsea

Liverpool 2-2 Chelsea

UEFA Champions League Results

AC Milan 0-0 Chelsea

Chelsea 5-0 Ajax

Chelsea 8-1 Valencia

Manager’s Note

I’m very happy with the positive start to the season, as you probably know we have usually been a slow starting team but this season has seen us improve. This improvement is great as no new players came in during pre-season and the players have really come together and are putting us in good stead for this season Premiership. I was very disappointed in losing the Champions League Final last season but once again we are proving to be a very difficult side to beat in Europe and hopefully we can make it into the final once again, but this time leaving with old big ears.

Until Next Time

James Woodward

dalebanner6.jpg

Liverpool Make A Flying Start

Liverpool FC have made a great start to the current campaign, and after securing the services of a number of big name players, the team are performing well in all competitions so far. The strike force has been deadly so far, and Cisse, Robinho and Yakubu already have 33 goals between them with only 9 Premiership games played. Benoit Pedretti is doing a sterling job in that holding role in midfield, with an average rating of 8.00 over 15 games.

Latest Results

Zeleznik 1 V Liverpool 3 - Champions League 3rd Qualifying Round 1st Leg

Huddersfield 0 V Liverpool 4

Liverpool 5 V Southampton 0

Liverpool 4 V Zeleznik 0 - Champions League 3rd Qualifying Round 2nd Leg

Liverpool 4 V Manchester City 0

Celtic 0 V Liverpool 5 - Champions League Group B

Aston Villa 2 V Liverpool 3

Liverpool 3 V Norwich 0

Liverpool 4 V Sheffield Utd 0

Liverpool 3 V Lyon 0 - Champions League Group B

Leicester 2 V Liverpool 2

Liverpool 2 V Crewe 0

Liverpool 3 V Djurgarden 0 - Champions League Group B

Liverpool 2 V Chelsea 2

Liverpool 1 V Middlesbrough - League Cup 3rd Round

Next Games...

With the next Premiership game against Arsenal, who have played 2 more games than Liverpool, a win there would certainly give Smurthwaite's team the advantage. Then its onwards into Europe. Qualification to the knockout stages of the Champions League looks good for Liverpool thus far.

Finances

A welcome injection of transfer funds into the club has freed up £19M. The bid for Inter Milan's striker Adriano was rejected and Smurthwaite ended his pursuit of the player. Its has since been revealed that the final offer for the player was a whopping £27M!

However, that money is still there to be used, and will be, if one of Smurthwaite's full time regulars is injured long term, or just to strengthen for next season. We shall see.

Until my next report...

DS.

scottbanner.jpg

GRAINGER FOOLED INTO TAKING TRANMERE POST<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> I walked into the club store at Prenton Park looking to get an interview for the store manager job, 10 minutes later id signed a contract for the job, but as i unfolded the paper i realised id signed the contract for team manager! gutted? i nearly lost my breakfast! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Reluctantly i took the job on, and it was some job. This is a once great club now in the basement of league football. After evaluating the squad at hand i decide i needed 2 new strikers to form a formidable attacking partnership, a quality holding midfielder, wingers for both sides of my 4 man midfield and shore up the defence. So i went about the task like a ferret up a trouser leg, and brought in:

Neil Winstanley - DC - free

Paul Mason - AMLC - Aston Villa

(deep breath)

Abdulrahman Yasser Hussain - AMRC - AEL

Fabrice Muuamba - DMC - Wrexham

Kieran Lugsden - FLC - Wrexham

Will Hoskins - SC - Bristol Rovers

Steve Collins - AMLC - Wrexham

Chris Henry - DC - free

Tyrone Cooke - DRC - Leicester

Justin Hoyte - DRC - Sheff Wed

And off we went into the unknown(league 2)

1-2 v Port Vale

0-1 v Barnet - not a good start but i knew we would gel after a few games so i wasnt worrying(yet)

2-0 v Exeter

1-0 v Grimsby

1-3 v Rushden - Lge Cup 1st rnd

1-0 v Walsall

1-1 v Doncaster

1-0 v Hereford

2-0 v Wrexham - We were gelling well at this point, excluding the Rushden league cup game, still work to do but we were moving forward.

0-3 v Mansfield

3-1 v Boston Utd - LDV Trophy(greatest club competition in the world)

1-3 v Hartlepool

2-0 v Boston Utd

1-1 v Stockport

0-0 v Chesterfield

0-1 v Grimsby - LDV Trophy(greatest club competition in the world)

at this point i wasnt all that chuffed with the way we were playing. We were looking like a mid-table team even though we had the class to win this diddy league.

0-0 v Dag & Red

2-2 v Stevenage - these 2 results really irritated me as these were the basement teams in the league and it should have been 6 points, 6 points that would have put us back in contention for the title.

3-0 v Exeter - FA Cup Rnd 1

3-3 v Burton

1-3 v Forest Green

So a very mixed start to the season sees me out of the LDV Trophy(greatest club competition in the world) and the League Cup, but still in the FA Cup and sitting 11th in the league.

Average start and i hope to improve on the fortunes of this club over the season with promotion a must.

Crawford overturns the odds and keeps going...

When Brian Crawford was appointed manager of Doncaster everyone expected him to get the sack soon after. But Crawford has delighted the board and especially the fans by firing Doncaster up to the promotion places after only two months. They were struggling at the start of the season with former manager Patric Walker, flirting with the relegation zone.

Crawford needed to bring in new players to acheive his expectations and was giving a good budget of £ 3.7 million so he did just that...

Doncaster Transfers In

Paul Alexander - £140k from Crystal Palace

Chris Holroyd - Free from Brighton

Steve Baker - Free Transfer

Carl Fletcher - Free Transfer

Andrew Keogh - Free Transfer

Andrew Driver - Free Transfer

Paul McCrink - £100k from Bury

Brian Barry-Murphy - Free Transfer

Kris Gate - £18k from Gravesend

Keith Quinn - £95k from Tiverton

Ashley Williams - £100k from Hereford

Tamika Mkandawire - £30k from Oldham

Dexter Blackstock - £90k from Rushden

Michael Gillan - £20k from Burnley

Michael Douglas - £450k from Wycombe

Total: £1 million

Doncaster Transfers Out

Tim Hunter - Free to Rossendale

Ryan Hartslief - Free Transfer

Peter Lee - Free Transfer

Michael Rix - Free Transfer

Ian Perry - Free Transfer

Tom Soares - 35k to Wycombe

Total: £35k

Doncaster Future Transfers In

Brian Murphy - £1k from Galway

Sambia Karimbi Jumane - Free from JS Kabylie

Johan Mauffray - Free from Bergedorf

Latest League 2 Results (2013/2014)

Doncaster 3 V Sheffield Wednesday 2 - LDV Vans Trophy N 1st Rnd

Doncaster 3 V Notts County 1

Chester 1 V Doncaster 1

Doncaster 1 V Yeovil 1

Northwich 1 V Doncaster 2

Doncaster 3 V Scunthorpe 2 - LDV Vans Trophy N 2nd Rnd

Barnet 0 V Doncaster 3

Doncaster 2 V Port Vale 0

Grimsby 1 V Doncaster 1 - FA Cup 1st Rnd

Doncaster 2 V Exeter 0

Doncaster 0 V Grimsby 1 - FA Cup 1st Rnd Replay

Team News

Doncaster manager Brian Crawford has made an impressive start with only losing 1 game which was in the FA Cup.

They have pushed up right through the league to 6th position and only 6 points behind leaders Forest Green with a game in hand icon14.gif. Doncaster are also in the Quarter Final of the LDV Vans Trophy North

There has been a lot of injuries lately but Crawford has brought incover for the key players.

More to follow on next report....

Flabarama

raybanner5.jpg

Palace make a flying start

Ray Robson has changed the fortunes of Crystal Palace from relegation prospects to Championship contenders in a very short space of time.

He said this to the press:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The size of this club is massive and we must not be in this division come the end of the season, We must not fail our fans </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now i give you the Latest News from inside the club.

New Faces

The players to arrive at the Palace were.

Marco Pantanella from Catania for 2,1mil

Craig Gordon from Wigan for 1mil

Ryan Babel from West Brom for free

Alan O'Brien from Leeds for 275k

Mario Alberto Santana from Torino for 3.7mil

Chas Still free transfer

Rio Ferdinand free transfer

Libis Andres Arenas from West Brom for 6mil

John Terry from transfer

Total spent 13 million

Players out

Daniel Smart to Stevenage for 30k

Richard Rudd to Oxford for 45k

Andy Carson to Wycombe for 300k

Paul Alexander to Doncaster for 140k

Michael Farrell to Aylesbury for 18k

Chris Barker Released

Shaun Smith Released

Martin Bell Released

Chris Peters to Swansea for free

Craig Roberts Released

Bjarni Thor Vidarsson to Everton for 3 mil

Craig Gordon to Sheff Wed for 1,3 mil

Total income 4,8 million

The push for the Premiership starts now

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">My first full season at Palace must be a success, So now we push for the Premiership we will not be allowed to fail and we will not fail! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Latest Results

Plymouth 3 vs 3 C Palace

C Palace 2 vs 0 Bristol C

Q.P.R. 2 vs 1 C Palace

C Palace 1 vs 1 West Ham

C Palace 0 vs 0 Ipswich (League Cup 1st Round) Won on pens

West Brom 2 vs 0 C Palace

C Palace 1 vs 1 Notts Forest

Swansea 2 vs 0 C Palace

C Palace 1 vs 1 Wigan

Coventry 2 vs 2 C Palace (League Cup 2nd Round) Won on pens

Luton 0 vs 3 C Palace

C Palace 2 vs 1 Leeds

Millwall 1 vs 1 C Palace

C Palace 3 vs 0 Sunderland

C Palace 1 vs 2 Portsmouth (League Cup 3rd Round)

Barnsley 0 vs 1 C Palace

C Palace 2 vs 0 Coventry

C Palace 0 vs 1 Fulham

Stoke 1 vs 1 C Palace

C Palace 4 vs 0 Bolton

C Palace 1 vs 2 Cardiff

Boro 0 vs 0 C Palace

Derby 0 vs 4 C Palace

Preston 0 vs 2 C Palace

C Palace 3 vs 0 Birmingham

C Palace 2 vs 0 Brighton

C Palace 2 vs 0 Plymouth

West Ham 0 vs 5 C Palace

Bristol C 1 vs 2 C Palace

C Palace 2 vs 0 Worcester (FA Cup 3rd Round)

C Palace 3 vs 0 Q.P.R.

Blackburn 0 vs 2 C Palace (FA Cup 4th Round)

C Palace 0 vs 0 West Brom

Notts Forrest 2 vs 1 C Palace

C Palace 0 vs 3 Swansea

Wigan 1 vs 3 C Palace

C Palace 2 vs 0 Luton

Crewe 2 vs 0 C Palace (FA Cup 5th Round)

Sunderland 1 vs 3 C Palace

Leeds 1 vs 1 C Palace

C Palace 1 vs 0 Millwall

C Palace 3 vs 1 Barnsley

Coventry 0 vs 2 C Palace

Fulham 2 vs 3 C Palace

Cardiff 0 vs 1 C Palace

My Thoughts

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Were playing the sort of football now we now only dreamed about, Were looking good this season and only a place in the Premiership for next season will be a target. Where in 2nd place at the moment but with only 6 points between us and Fulham its very possible to be in the Premiership next season not only as runners up but as Champions anything but and we will be very disappointed! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats it from me, Till next time.

icon_smile.gif

It's a walk in the park for Crawford...

Doncaster Manager Brian Crawford is having a great time with the team and fans as they are edging closer to coming back to League 1.

As ususal Crawford has been busy with transfers, he felt he needed to strenghten his squad just to make sure he gets what he wants.

He has brought in some great players...

Doncaster Transfers In (Jan.)

Brian Murphy - £1k from Galway

Sambia Karimbi Jumane - Free from JS Kabylie

Johan Mauffray - Free from Bergedorf

Brian Shaw - £250k from Bristol Rovers

Alan Whitehead - £240k from Port Vale

Total: £1.1m

Doncaster Transfers Out (Jan.)

Darren Cooney - Free Transfer

Total: £0

League 2 Results

Doncaster 2 V Walsall 1

Doncaster 1 V Grimsby 1 - LDV Vans Trophy N Qtr Final - Doncaster win on pen.

Grimsby 0 V Doncaster 0

Doncaster 2 V Burton 0

Doncaster 2 V Mansfield

Hereford 1 V Doncaster 4

Wrexham 2 V Doncaster 1

Doncaster 1 V Boston Utd 1

Stockport 1 V Doncaster 2

Doncaster 0 V Hartlepool 1

Doncaster 3 V Chesterfield 0

Stevenage 1 V Doncaster 2

Doncaster 3 V Dag & Red 0

Carlisle 1 V Doncaster 0 - LDV Vans Trophy N Semi Final

Doncaster 1 V Forest Green 1

Tranmere 1 V Doncaster 0

Rushden 0 V Doncaster 0

Notts Co 1 V Doncaster 1

Doncaster 5 V Southend 1

Doncaster 0 V Chester 0

Yeovil 0 V Doncaster 2

Doncaster 4 V Northwich 0

Port Vale 0 V Doncaster 1

Doncaster 0 V Barnet 0

Exeter 1 V Doncaster 1

Team News

Brian Crawford has had an impressive spell at Doncaster since his takeover.

He hopes that will continue right through the last month and a half icon14.gif

They sit 2nd in the table with a few more games left, 8 points behind Grimsby.

Doncaster have been knocked out of the LDV Vans Trophy after defeat to Carlisle.

More to follow on next report....

Flabarama

dalebanner6.jpg

Smurthwaite Promises Silverware For Liverpool

Liverpool manager Dale Smurthwaite has promised his board, and indeed the Liverpool fans that he will bring home some silverware this season. A very bold promise I might add, but Smurthwaite is not unfounded in his confidence. The Reds remain in the 3 biggest competitions a Premiership team can be in; The Premiership itself, the FA Cup and the Champions League. Here is a rundown of results.

Latest Results

Arsenal 2 V Liverpool 1

Djurgarden 1 V Liverpool 4 - Champions League Group B

Liverpool 3 V Manchester Utd 0

Manchester Utd 0 V Liverpool 1 - League Cup 4th Round

Everton 3 V Liverpool 3

Liverpool 6 V Celtic 0 - Champions League Group B

Liverpool 4 V Newcastle 2

Liverpool 3 V Sheffield Utd 0 - League Cup Quarter Final

Charlton 0 V Liverpool 3

Lyon 1 V Liverpool 1 - Champions League Group B

Liverpool 0 V Blackburn 0

Tottenham 1 V Liverpool 1

Wolves 0 V Liverpool 0

Liverpool 3 V Hull 0

Liverpool 2 V Huddersfield 0

Southampton 2 V Liverpool 4

Liverpool 2 V Tottenham 0

Manchester City 1 V Liverpool 3

Liverpool 4 V Gloucester 0 - FA Cup 3rd Round

Liverpool 1 V Newcastle 0 - League Cup Semi Final 1st Leg

Norwich 0 V Liverpool 2

Portsmouth 0 V Liverpool 1

Liverpool 3 V Arsenal 1 - FA Cup 4th Round

Newcastle 1 V Liverpool - League Cup Semi Final 2nd Leg

Liverpool 1 V Aston Villa 0

Sheffield Utd 0 V Liverpool 0

Liverpool 1 V Leicester 0

Crewe 0 V Liverpool 0

Liverpool 3 V Chelsea 1 - FA Cup 5th Round

Liverpool 2 V Real Madrid 0 - Champions League 1st Knockout Round 1st Leg

Liverpool 3 V Portsmouth 1

Real Madrid 3 V Liverpool 4 - Champions League 1st Knockout Round 2nd Leg

Sheffield Utd 2 V Liverpool 3 - FA Cup 6th Round

Chelsea 8 V Liverpool 8

Liverpool 3 V Arsenal 3

No team of Liverpool's stature deserves to be beaten 8-0, but thats what James Woodward's Chelsea did on the day, and fair play to him. Chris Kirkland had an absolute nightmare in the game in the absence of regular Kasper Schmeichel, but since then, Kirkland's performances have been of an acceptable standard. There was a superb win over Real Madrid in the return Leg of their tie in Europe, which secured a place in the Champions League Quarter Final against Italian side AS Roma over two legs as normal. Form in all competitions is very good, and there is every chance that Smurthwaite will be winning something this year.

In The Premiership, Liverpool sit atop the table, but only by one point from Arsenal who were lucky enough to steal two points from Liverpool in their most recent meeting. After being 2-0 down, Smurthwaite made an inspired substitution for Liverpool and pulled the game back to lead 3-2. Andres D'Alessandro missed a crucial penalty in the 88th minute that would have secured all three points, but Arsenal then grabbed the opportunity to sneak a 91st minute equaliser and share the spoils, much to Smurthwaite's disgust. with seven games remaining in the Premiership season, and Chelsea, as well as Arsenal poised to capitalise, Liverpool must not lose concentration by keeping both eyes on Europe. One slip and it could be the difference between winning everything and winning nothing.

Smurthwaite and his lads travel to Old Trafford next in what should be their only remaining hard game on paper, and any points from this encounter would mean one step closer to that title. Having won both ties with Manchester Utd already this season, they will be out for revenge. The Reds must not let this happen.

The next update should be an end of season report.

So until that next report...

DS.

richardbanner.jpg

Stockport County Appoint Hepburn As Manager

It was today announced that Stockport chairman Mike Baker has decided to terminate the contract of manager Colin Lippiatt and replace him with an unknown Scottish manager called Richard Hepburn.

With limited transfer funds and a small squad Hepburn will be expected to consolidate Stockports place in League 2 this season. He will be hoping to add some quality to his squad during the summer so that Stockport can make a real push for a play-off place next season.

Hepburn said to the gathering press "There is a lot of dead wood in this squad to get rid of before adding a bit more quality to it but hopefully with my managerial contacts in higher divisions I may be able to get some loan deals which will help to improve this young and fragile squad."

Whether Hepburn will be able to kick start Stockport County's fortunes remains to be seen as many members of the media believe he will just turn them into the whipping boys of the lower leagues.

dalebanner7.jpg

Liverpool Fall Over Last Hurdle But Get Wooden Spoon!

Dale Smurthwaite and his Liverpool team have yet again failed to bring home to New Anfield the Premiership title. After looking favourites at one stage, They could not capitalise on their remaining fixtures to win it. Rivals Arsenal never made a mistake either, but were fortunate to win the Premiership on goal difference from James Woodwards brave Chelsea team.

Final Fixture Roundup

Manchester Utd 3 V Liverpool 0

Liverpool 2 V AS Roma 0 - Champions League Quarter Final 1st Leg

Liverpool 2 V Everton 0

AS Roma 5 V Liverpool 1 - Champions League Quarter Final 2nd Leg

Leicester 0 V Liverpool 2 - FA Cup Semi Final

Newcastle 1 V Liverpool 0

Liverpool 0 V Charlton 0

Blackburn 3 V Liverpool 2

Liverpool 2 V Wolves 0

Hull 3 V Liverpool 1

Liverpool 3 V Manchester Utd 2 - FA Cup Final

A poor end to the league campaign with both Blackburn and bottom placed HUll beating the mighty Liverpool. There was also a costly draw with Charlton and the 1-0 defeat from Newcastle which made certain of Liverpool's 4th place in the Premiership this year. Smurthwaite was said to be devastated at going out of the Champions League to lesser side AS Roma and had a good advantage going into the 2nd leg. However, injury and a poor referee compounded the defeat. Funnily enough though, Liverpool had both best and 3rd placed players in the Champions League, Djibril Cisse also won the Golden Boot award for the competition, with 12 goals. To make matters worse for Smurthwaite, Liverpool had NO LESS THAN 5 PLAYERS! selected in the Champions League Dreamteam, which suggests to me that they exited the competition unfairly and too early. If Smurthwaite can repeat his team's form next season, I can't see past them for the winners.

On a more positive note however, Liverpool did manage to win the FA Cup in a thrilling 3-2 victory over rivals Manchester Utd. Its the first time in 9 years since Liverpool won the trophy and the fans were singing Smurthwaites name in the streets that night. Winning that trophy could also have saved Smurthwaite's job at New Anfield after the Board were visibly become disallusioned with his management having won nothing in 2 seasons.

End Of Season Stats For 2013/14

League Position - 4th with 76 points.

Goals Scored - 76, Goals Against - 39.

Top Scorer - Robinho with 34.

Most Games Won In A Row - 10 from 07/08/2013 - 25/09/2013.

Most Games Lost In A Row - 1.

Most Games Without Losing - 18 from 29/10/2013 - 04/01/2014.

Most Games Without Winning - 4 from 03/12/2013 - 14/12/2013.

Fans' Player Of The Year - Robinho.

Premiership Players' Player Of The Year - Jose Antonio Reyes (Arsenal).

Premiership Footballer Of The Year - Jose Antonio Reyes (Arsenal).

Manager, Dale Smurthwaite's Liverpool Player Of The Year - Robinho.

So a very mixed bag of success this season. Perhaps more bad than good. Smurthwaite will definately be gunnin for more next season and he has already signalled his ambition, but more of that in my next report.

Until then...

DS.

peachbanner6.jpg

Chelsea Top After Exciting Start

After a busy summer of wheeling and dealing Chelsea find their selves top of the league after four games. James Woodward who spent some of his time in the summer learning new tactical techniques at lowly Spanish outfit Rayo Vallecano has come back with a new look enthusiasm and his Chelsea side are playing excellently.

Here are the opening results:

Premiership Results

Leicester 1-3 Chelsea

Chelsea 5-0 Crystal Palace

Chelsea 5-1 Crewe

Everton 0-3 Chelsea

League Table

| 1st | | Chelsea | | 4 | 4 | 0 | 0 | 17 | 2 | +15 | 12 |

| 2nd | | Portsmouth | | 4 | 4 | 0 | 0 | 7 | 1 | +6 | 12 |

| 3rd | | Man City | | 4 | 3 | 1 | 0 | 8 | 3 | +5 | 10 |

| 4th | | Tottenham | | 4 | 3 | 0 | 1 | 12 | 3 | +9 | 9 |

| 5th | | Liverpool | | 3 | 3 | 0 | 0 | 10 | 2 | +8 | 9 |

| 6th | | Arsenal | | 4 | 3 | 0 | 1 | 9 | 1 | +8 | 9 |

| 7th | | Newcastle | | 4 | 3 | 0 | 1 | 5 | 1 | +4 | 9 |

| 8th | | Everton | | 4 | 2 | 1 | 1 | 5 | 4 | +1 | 7 |

| 9th | | Blackburn | | 4 | 2 | 1 | 1 | 4 | 4 | 0 | 7 |

| 10th | | Man Utd | | 3 | 2 | 0 | 1 | 5 | 1 | +4 | 6 |

| 11th | | Norwich | | 4 | 1 | 1 | 2 | 3 | 7 | -4 | 4 |

| 12th | | Crystal Palace | | 3 | 1 | 0 | 2 | 5 | 7 | -2 | 3 |

| 13th | | Crewe | | 3 | 1 | 0 | 2 | 3 | 11 | -8 | 3 |

| 14th | | Nottm Forest | | 4 | 0 | 2 | 2 | 4 | 8 | -4 | 2 |

| 15th | | Fulham | | 4 | 0 | 1 | 3 | 3 | 7 | -4 | 1 |

| 16th | | Sheff Utd | | 3 | 0 | 1 | 2 | 2 | 6 | -4 | 1 |

| 17th | | Wolves | | 3 | 0 | 1 | 2 | 1 | 5 | -4 | 1 |

| 18th | | Charlton | | 4 | 0 | 1 | 3 | 5 | 13 | -8 | 1 |

| 19th | | Southampton | | 4 | 0 | 0 | 4 | 1 | 11 | -10 | 0 |

| 20th | | Leicester | | 4 | 0 | 0 | 4 | 1 | 13 | -12 | 0 |

Manager’s Note

This has been a great start to the season and hopefully it will continue, I spent part of the summer improving the tactical side of my management and it looks to be paying off. We have also made a signing who I believe will become world class, Fabio Correia from Porto scored a hat trick on his debut and looks very promising. Look out for him!

Until Next Time

James Woodward

dalebanner7.jpg

A Bright Pre-Season For The Reds

Liverpool have had a decent pre-season, and are training well. Of course the big news is that manager Dale Smurthwaite secured the signature of Brazilian great Adriano in a £16M deal. Some say that its too much to pay for a 32 year old, and usually I would agree, but if Liverpool are to win the big competitions this year, sometimes he has to splash out.

PLAYERS OUT

AMC - Andres D'Alessandro to Valencia on a free transfer.

D/ML - John Arne Riise to Blackburn on a free transfer.

SW/DC - Jonathon Woodgate released on a free transfer.

MRC - Steven Gerrard released on a free transfer.

D/DMR - Josemi released on a free transfer.

PLAYERS IN

STR - Adriano - £16.5M from Inter Milan.

DRL - Philipp Lahm - £12M from Chelsea.

AMRC - Jermaine Jenas - 3 month loan from Chelsea.

Initially, there was not much coming into the club as Adriano used up all the available transfer funds at the start of pre-season. Smurthwaite had hoped his Board would be as generous as last year and make more funds available to him, and this was the case with the Chairman making an extra £14M available. The right side of midfield is very thin with players, but hopefully the loan of Jenas will relieved some of that pressure. A decent permanent spare is required as Ji-Sung Park is a very strong player, but cannot be expected to play every game, and Jenas wont be at New Anfield all season. The arrival of Philipp Lahm was met with excitement however, and with Billy Jones currently out injured, Lahm should get a regular start for a time.

Smurthwaite does have his eye on a few players to bolster his squad, but the lack of funds in the kitty, AGAIN.. means that he can't make his move just yet. I'm sure it will all come right though as Smurthwaite can keep his players happy most of the time. Perhaps the Board will give him MORE money. LOL

Latest Results

Arsenal 5 V Liverpool 1 - Community Shield

Liverpool 1 V Flora 2 - Champions League Qualification 3rd Round 1st Leg

Liverpool 4 V Southampton 0

Charlton 2 V Liverpool 4

Liverpool 2 V Fulham 0

Flora 0 V Liverpool 5 - Champions League Qualification 3rd Round 2nd Leg

So after the scare of the defeat by Flora in the 1st Leg of the qualification round of the Champions League, Smurthwaite turned it around nicely to be placed in Group A alongside Celtic, Porto and Borussia Dortmund. Adriano and Robinho are starting to score and Cisse is coming along a hatrick now and again. Yakubu ain't no slouch either and has scored 2 from one game.

New youngster Sebastian Lorenz is fitting in nicely in central defence and is keeping Brazilian Alex out of the first eleven at the moment. Who would've thought that!

2 away games face Liverpool next with trips to Manchester City followed by Crewe. Smurthwaite intends to keep up his 100% record in the Premiership and keep up with James Woodward's Chelsea who are scoring for fun at the present time.

Until my next report...

DS.

scottbanner2.jpg

Grainger Takes Over at Huddersfield

After many hours of negotiation, im proud to reveal that ive taken the vacant Huddersfield Town managers position. Although they had already been relegated i feel they have the potential as a club to be a premiership mainstay. With confidence extremely low at the tail end of last season we went on to lose the first 4 games of my Huddy career. This didnt really bother me since i was really building a team for the Championship next season. So with this we went into the pre-season scramble, i was given £9 mil as a transfer budget but with only 1 £45k gap in the wage budget i was going to have to let some players go to break even.

Players In

Nicolas Lebeau - Marseille - £1.9m

Sheyi Adebayor - Aston Villa - free

(2 players originally signed by the previous manager but they have obvious class so i felt happy to bring them in)

Mariusz Lewandowski - free

Brought in for his stability at the back, as well as his experience.

Diogo Ferreira - Leca - £160k

Diogo has amazing quality for one so youg, at 16 he was brought in for the future but his classy reserve performances have seen a few appearances. Bagging 2 goals and an assist in 3 games.

Adam Gray - Plymouth - £180k

Promising young goalkeeper.

Steve Collins - Tranmere - £150k

He was a player i had at tranmere and is a very special youngster, hes going to be a regular in my team this year.

Anssi Salmi - free

Excellent left sided full back, great going forward and no slouch defending as well.

Steven Black - free

Young Scottish centre back. Solid and Capable.

Dominik Mirowski - Pogon - £210k

Ill be playing this experienced Pole at right back but hes more than capable playing anywhere across the defence.

Jan Lastuvka - Middlesbrough - £2.2m

Excellent experienced GK that has a long history of solid performances in the game.

As i said before i also got rid of a few of the players i deemed surplus to requirement.

Johnnie Jackson - Mansfield - free

Chris Ward - Newtown - free

Paul Howard - Droylsden - £9k

Plus a whole host of Youngsters not doing enough to stay at the club.

So on to this year then:

1-2 v QPR

2-3 v Derby

Not a good start but we were practically a completely new team.

2-0 v Millwal

2-1 v Wigan

0-0 v Birmingham

3-0 v Reading(lge cup 1st)

This was a great series of results that saw us back up to 11th in the league. Im feeling very positive about our chances of going straight back up.

kylobanner2.jpg

Hopes for the new season are promotion obviously, and in all honesty i think we will go up, the board have backed me 100% so far and will continue to do that (unlike huddersfield who threw me out to try and save their own skins icon13.gif).

I've been given a great transfer budget and...most of it has been spent, here are who ive braught in...

Miso Brecko - Fulham - Free

Richard Patterson - Birmingham - Free

Christian Flotvik - Basel -Free

Yamma Boakye - Leeds - Free

Niky Hunt - Huddersfield - Free

Inigo Martinez - Deportivo - Free

Michael Klukowski - Southampton - Free

Raffaele Brunetti - Arsenal - £2.7m (rising, depending on apps. ect.)

Papa Waigo - Verona - Free

Kotev Kiril - AZ - Free

Gonzalo Rodrihuez - Crus Azul - Free

Gary Baker - Bristol City - £1.8m

Wayne Thompson - Portsmouth - £1.2m

Inigo Santana - Huddersfield - £1m

Giovanni dos Santos - £2.4m

All of these are quality players and im 100% shure that they will take us into the premier league.

Here are the results from the start of the new season...

W.B.A 0-0 Middlesbrough

Burnley 1-1 W.B.A

W.B.A 2-0 Coventry

Q.P.R 1-2 W.B.A

W.B.A 2-0 Derby

Stockport 0-2 W.B.A - League cup 1st round

There we have it, an unbeaten start to the season which is pleasing, Were 3rd in the championship and 4 points off top spot.

Unitil next time, goodbye icon14.gif.

keithbanner5.jpg

hi everyone keith tinker here manager of rushdean&diamonds at the young age of 44yrs old got experience as a lower league manager looking for the big time.

we have had a reasonable start to the season with a mixture of draws and wins with agood result against brighton in the league cup 2nd round which we won 2-1 with superb gates to help with the club finacial position.

we have some quality players like:

sunjihai dmc

simon phelan amc

chambers att

law att

bahangida fc/att

with a mixture of youth and experience we are hoping for promotion/playoffs this season but only time will tell until next time keep it real

keith tinker r&d manager

raybanner5.jpg

Palace fighting back

Were getting closer to our target, We will strive to make it happen!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The size of this club is massive and we are now very hopeful of going to the place where we should be, The Premiership </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Latest Results

C Palace 2 vs 0 Middlesbrough

C Palace 3 vs 1 Stoke

Bolton 1 vs 1 C Palace

C Palace 1 vs 1 Derby

Birmingham 1 vs 3 C Palace

Brighton 2 vs 1 C Palace

Well thats the league games all played and we finished 3rd in the league, Which means a playoff place again for myself which i have never happened to win. Lets just hope its my lucky time!

The first game was against Q.P.R. Away in the first leg,

Q.P.R. 0 Vs 2 C Palace

An entertaining game, Which saw palace dominate from start to finish.

C Palace 5 vs 0 Q.P.R.

The second leg saw a much better performance winning the game 5-0 against a lackluster Q.PR. Team.

Wembley we come

Well the playoff final is now upon us, Our opponents are Leeds my former team but who will come out on top?

C Palace 1 vs 1 Leeds

A lively game which either side could of won in normal time, But it came down to the dreaded penalty shootout, We proved we had the nerves of steal to win it 5-4 on pens icon14.gif .

End of season stats

Highest Attendance:- 32,831 Against Birmingham

Average Attendance:- 29,507

Biggest Win:- 5-0 (Against West ham)

Biggest Defeat:- 2-0 (Against West Brom)

Most Games Won in Row:- 10

Most Games Lost in a Row:- 4

Most Games Without Losing:- 3

Most Games Without Winning:- 8

Top Goalscorer:- Ryan Babel (22 Goals)

Top League Goalscorer:- Ryan Babel (22 Goals)

Most Goals in a Match:- Daniel Sturrudge (3 goals)

Most Assists:- Mario Alberto Santana (14 assists)

Highest Average Rating:- Mario Alberto Santana (7.84)

Most MoM's:- Mario Alberto Santana (12)

Worst Discipline:- Mario Alberto Santana (9 yellows and 1 red)

Youngest Player:- Chris Murphy (17 years old)

Oldest Player:- Rio Ferdinand (35 Years Old)

Fans Player of the Year:- Ryan Babel

My Thoughts

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Were in the Premiership, We aren't only there to battle against relegation we also fully intend on getting into the top ten this season! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

raybanner6.jpg

Where in the Premiership

To insure that we only don't survive but to also make an impact this season, I have decided we need some new blood but to do that i have also had to sell some of our fan favorites.

Players in

Paul Robinson Free transfer

Steven Gerrard Free transfer

Josemi Free transfer

Dennis Mulder from Heerenveen for free

Nilmar from Chelsea for 6 million

Keith Keane P/Ex

Don Ouwens from Man Utd for 2.2 million

Markus Hopp from VFB Stuttgart for 375k

Fernando Gallardo from Chelsea for 6 million

Players out

James Watson released

Paul Murphy released

Chris Murphy released

Kevin Turner to York for 275k

Ryan Babel to Norwich for 10 million

Dennis Mulder to West Brom 1.3 million plus Keith Keane

Jon Lloyd released

Now for some results.

Latest results

C Palace 5 vs 0 Crewe

Chelsea 6 vs 0 C Palace

C Palace 0 vs 1 Everton

C Palace 0 vs 2 Arsenal

Man Utd 3 vs 0 C Palace

Sheff Utd 2 vs 2 C Palace

Birmingham 1 vs 0 C Palace (League Cup 2nd Round)

Notts Forrest 1 vs 3 C Palace

C Palace 3 vs 0 Southampton

Charlton 4 vs 2 C Palace

C Palace 2 vs 0 Fulham

Liverpool 2 vs 0 C Palace

C Palace 1 vs 0 Man City

Newcastle 1 vs 0 C Palace

Tottenham 1 vs 2 C Palace

My thoughts

Well were sitting in 11th in the premiership after 14 games, So i am happy so far if we can keep this up we should be able to finish top ten.

Thats it from me, Till next time.

icon_smile.gif

• 3 weeks later...

The FA Challenge is now on a break until the release of the new game and any patches that may be required. We shall be returning with a new game and a thread will be started on that shortly. Well done to everyone who has played The FA Challenge and I look forward to playing with you again soon. Rumour has it that the clan will be visiting some different countries in the next game. We shall see soon enough.

Thanks...

DS. (Host of The FA Challenge - Established Clan)

Archived