A good way to find out if a new tactic works?

If you start a save with a new club, and have created a new tactic for this particular club, is there a good and fast way to see it this tactic is going to work out well or not? I mean, if you start a save with e.g. Arsenal, create a tactic, create training schedules and employ new coaches, physicians etc and then proceed, you don't know if you have "wasted" all that time for nothing, since you don't know if that tactic is going to work or not. Naturally, you can always change the tactic after a few matches if the tactic doesn't work, but then you have lost some matches for nothing ;)

If you immediately after you have started a new save create a tactic, save your game, then arrange like 5 friendlies, and finally go on holiday and let your assistant manager use the same tactic that you've created, will this be a sufficient way to see approximately how well the tactic is going to work? I know there is more than tactics that matters when it comes to how successfull your team is, but maybe it would be a good hint to see how well the tactic works?

Any other suggestions?

Best way is to play the games and watch them on full. This way you can see if your players are doing as you have instructed them to do. If they aren't you can tweak accordingly. If you ask me, there is no other way to test if a tactic is truly working other than watching games.

Letting your assistant take control of matches with your tactic is not really the best way and will only give you a brief overlook of how well your tactic may do. You only get the result in the end and while results are a very good inidcation of how successful a tactic is, how your team won exactly is relatively unknown unless you study all of the statistics and use the anaylis tools avaliable. It could be that the quality of your players are getting you through, and considering that most friendlies are against weaker opposition you can win games just by playing a better team most of the time.

The issue with going on holiday is that all the in game decisions are left to the Assistant Manager and if the one you have is inept, then its likely that your results could be a lot worse than if you took control of each match. Plus, they themselves will disregard your tactics and start using their own.

I have found the best way to see if your tactic really works is to use it also for your reserves and youth teams. Set it up to play your tactic automatic and see the results. I have found that if my reserves/youth finish 1st/2nd the tactic is usually pretty decent

Archived